It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Government Funded Food Pyramid Says Lucky Charms Are Healthier Thank Steak

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2023 @ 07:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: ArMaP
a reply to: tanstaafl
The only thing I have seen about meat causing cancer was about processed meat, specially smoked meats, but that didn't stop me from eating them.

No worries there either, since recent evidence casts major doubt on even this notion.

posted on Feb, 19 2023 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl
No worries...

Ground beef in the store generally comes in 90/10, 85/15, and 80/20 versions.

This is the ratio of lean protein to fat. 90/10 is 90 lean meat to 10% fat.

50/50 blend is extremely fatty, 50% lean protein and 50% fat.

As an example, eating only 50/50 ground beef equates to getting 80% of your calories from fat vs protein, which is at the top end of the recommendations (by most carnivore veterans and Doctors) for 'calories from fat to protein' scale .

Thanks.
In Portugal we grind pieces of meat without any mixing.

Have you ever tried it?

I did, many years ago. Too much work.

Lots of people eat a raw carnivore diet. In fact, of those who have tried it, they mostly agree that raw liver is much tastier than cooked liver.

I don't like liver or any other "inner parts", I only like to eat "real" meat.

posted on Feb, 19 2023 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: ArMaP
a reply to: tanstaafl
In Portugal we grind pieces of meat without any mixing.

Well, any competent butcher is fully capable of mixing in fat, and even doing so to a decent consistency and targeted/desired fat content

I did, many years ago. Too much work.

Yeah, it can be a bit chewy. I generally cook my 2-3" thich ribeyes for 1-2 minutes on each side, which means 90% of it is completely raw.

I don't like liver or any other "inner parts", I only like to eat "real" meat.

Well, technically, muscle meat is also an organ meat.

That said, due to their extreme nutritional density, liver & heart can be extremely beneficial for those just beginning the ketovore/carnivore journey, especially if they are coming form the S.A.D diet, as they are generally extremely deficient in nutrients already.

But, once your body is caught up and fully 'stocked' so to speak, there is no real need for organ meats, although I do occasionally eat some liver (I like it cooked very rare, just like my steaks) and heart. Heart is actually very tasty, nothing like the gamey flavor of liver. Most people who eat heart don't even know it is not 'regular' meat unless they're told.
edit on 19-2-2023 by tanstaafl because: add 'due to their extreme nutritional density'

edit on 19-2-2023 by tanstaafl because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join