It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Elon Musk Says "Almost Every Conspiracy Theory That People Had About Twitter Turned Out To Be True

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2022 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
a reply to: chr0naut

Better hope The FBI doesn't see your comments 😁

Why should I care?

There's nothing of any interest to them in my comments, and I live in a country where they have no jurisdiction, anyway.

To any pallid, sunken eyed, sunlight avoiding, FBI watchers over social media - Have a happy New Year! I hope all your NFT's aren't really worthless!

edit on 26/12/2022 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2022 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Maxmars

originally posted by: nugget1
There are still many, many liberals who think the gov doesn't do enough to quell dissenting opinions; we've even got a few outspoken ones here on ATS that would prefer all information be banned that goes against the 'woke' mindset.

That may be so, but many discussions would be pointless without dissent.

The problem with censoring is their can always be a rationale to justify it. Right or wrong isn't part of that equation. It's just the calculus of communication.

I think we often fail to recognize that censoring is only done by those "in power" - FOR those "in power." Us little folk can't censor anyone... and surprisingly, we can deal with dissent ... but they can't. It says something about who it is that is living in fear.

Amen.

The paranoia of exceptionally wealthy individuals is not to be discounted. They are paranoid to a degree that makes most mental illnesses the equivalent of a bee sting.

Their failure? They made it all about them.

Matt Drudge got it right.

Edit/P.S.:

If you are the public figure, owner, or “face” of something - you are cannon fodder unless what you is but of a few ilks. Why? At some point you’ll be bested, do human things and make mistakes, not evolve, get too comfortable, etc.

You never know the puppet masters - you only know the puppets. Guaranteed.

Don’t be a puppet.
edit on 26-12-2022 by VulcanWerks because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2022 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

This whole thing is a great public relations boon for the Musk empire. His image is apparently very important to him, as his press demonstrates.

But Twitter and their actions were not part of that.

Is he "using this" to aggrandize that image? Probably.

It changes nothing about what apparently has occurred in the world of "speech-respecting platforms" like Twitter.

I imagine some may think how they feel about the messenger is more important than the message ... but I won't make time for that noise ... I will not play 'celebrity' games with this.

Social media is entertainment. It is not encyclopedic, nor a speech-respecting platform. Nor a place for electoral level gauging of majority beliefs and preferences.

It gives voice to the entertaining, shocking, and outrageous, and amplifys that.

A 'like' or retweet does not mean that you believe that what is stated is true. You could 'like/retweet' something because you find it funny, or silly, or imaginative, or just want to feel included.

Then why did the gov spend so much money and manpower trying to censor Twitter and the rest of social media?

posted on Dec, 26 2022 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I'm been immersed in other projects and haven't had the time to devote to creating a conspiracy theory about Twitter.

I feel so ashamed, like I'm missing out on something so important the fate of the free world hinges on it.

posted on Dec, 26 2022 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Take a look outside. See any Black GMC Yukon's out there?

posted on Dec, 26 2022 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Maxmars

There is a lot to be said for the fact that the 21st century seems to be the century of vindication for conspiracy theorists.

I don’t think it’s a new phenomenon though. But as you point out, it just happens to be the point in time where there have been a lot of wins for theorists.

The problem I see with this vindication is it will embolden manufactured theories to support an agenda or specific narrative. We’ve already seen that in the Q movement that painted Trump out to be some savior when he was just so so.

The whole movement gets a bad name when people just rush to grab small tidbits to create a narrative without playing devils advocate against themselves and instantly dunk on anyone questioning them.

Then they become the monsters they claimed to hate. Never doing introspection or admitting when they were wrong. The same could be said for the people they claim to challenge.

At the end of the day I dislike the term conspiracy theory, it’s said with derogatory condescension. At the end of the day almost everything is a conspiracy, multiple people pushing the line on executing their motive. But the term itself only comes into play when someone challenges the “official line”, which is what we should constantly be doing… no matter who’s team is in power.

posted on Dec, 27 2022 @ 06:39 AM
link   
In history When Democrats have no logical argument to back up their position, they yell that's racist.

Recently they added, that's a conspiracy. When the left dont like to hear the truth , they now yell that's a conspiracy.

They also use, what about jan 6th .

It's so sad we let these people continue to run things.
How somone can be part of a group that yells thats racist, that's a conspiracy, what about jan 6th?

Back in the day these low IQ people would not even be entertained. They are just there to disrupt

posted on Dec, 27 2022 @ 07:04 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Dec, 27 2022 @ 11:27 AM
link   

This whole thing is a great public relations boon for the Musk empire. His image is apparently very important to him, as his press demonstrates.

It changes nothing about what apparently has occurred in the world of "speech-respecting platforms" like Twitter.

I imagine some may think how they feel about the messenger is more important than the message ... but I won't make time for that noise ... I will not play 'celebrity' games with this.

Social media is entertainment. It is not encyclopedic, nor a speech-respecting platform. Nor a place for electoral level gauging of majority beliefs and preferences.

It gives voice to the entertaining, shocking, and outrageous, and amplifys that.

A 'like' or retweet does not mean that you believe that what is stated is true. You could 'like/retweet' something because you find it funny, or silly, or imaginative, or just want to feel included.

Then why did the gov spend so much money and manpower trying to censor Twitter and the rest of social media?

Did they, though?

If I recall, the Twitter bans on some accounts (like Trump's) began under his government.

posted on Dec, 27 2022 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Take a look outside. See any Black GMC Yukon's out there?

I don't think they even sell them in this country.

And I can see a fair distance from here. Not many cars at all for miles.

posted on Dec, 27 2022 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Did they, though?

If I recall, the Twitter bans on some accounts (like Trump's) began under his government.

If I recall, virtually every government agency was actively working to undermine Trump's Presidency.
The very thing these Twitter drops are exposing.
The very thing this thread is about.

DERP

posted on Dec, 27 2022 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

You're probably right. I recall 'old timers' when I was young; they shared ideas which had all the elements of 'conspiracy theory' long before those words ever appeared together in my vocabulary. Mostly in the areas of politics and political celebrities, but there were other topics.

Maybe I should think of that more conspiracy theories are being confirmed with no more outright denials openly forthcoming. Perhaps they know when they can't pretend anymore (or that it is a risk to "proiest too much.")

posted on Dec, 27 2022 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Did they, though?

From my other thread

Biden admin pushed to bar Twitter users for COVID ‘disinformation,’ files show

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Yes, the Biden administration did everything they could and still are doing everything they can to censor free speech and deliberately suppress the truth.

posted on Dec, 27 2022 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Did they, though?

As I recall, all of the three letter agencies have been proven to have undermined Trump's administration from day one under the direction of both political parties.

posted on Dec, 27 2022 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Why should I care?

There's nothing of any interest to them in my comments, and I live in a country where they have no jurisdiction, anyway.

To any pallid, sunken eyed, sunlight avoiding, FBI watchers over social media - Have a happy New Year! I hope all your NFT's aren't really worthless!

Remember Kim dot com.
Remember the fbi got caught "helping" the police with a raid.

edit on 27-12-2022 by ZeussusZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2022 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Did they, though?

As I recall, all of the three letter agencies have been proven to have undermined Trump's administration from day one under the direction of both political parties.

As I recall.....

Powerful accusations, require powerful proof....show it and not that GETTR crap.
edit on 27-12-2022 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2022 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Did they, though?

As I recall.....

Powerful accusations, require powerful proof....show it and not that GETTR crap.

I'm not here to change your mind; I'm pretty certain your beliefs might just be set in stone.

It's already been discussed in many threads on ATS, so I'm pretty sure you wouldn't believe any links I post. I'll spare myself the effort, and you the trouble discrediting all sources.

(post by JoeRelentless removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)
(post by JoeRelentless removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Dec, 27 2022 @ 09:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: ZeussusZ

Why should I care?

Remember Kim dot com.
Remember the fbi got caught "helping" the police with a raid.

But the FBI weren't here, in NZ, and didn't do the raid.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join