It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gender self-determination to be granted in Spain and Scotland

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2022 @ 04:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheToastmanCometh
speaking as a transgender person, I don't get this at all and just opens a lot of dors to bad actors to hide under privilrge

Front the article

Opponents, including “Harry Potter” author J.K. Rowling, claimed the simplified procedure could give predatory men access to spaces intended for women, such as shelters for domestic abuse survivors.

It's obvious that it opens the doors to all types of predatory behaviour where any man can now identify as a woman without genuinely having issues with the way he feels and perceives himself. Without even diagnosed with gender dysphoria or any other condition and without the need for medical supervision or treatment. Medical opinions become irrelevant and anyone now can 'transition' in thee two countries.

Common denominator in both cases are the left wing Governments and the woke crowd that supports these bills.

posted on Dec, 24 2022 @ 05:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Asmodeus3

they did in the 70/80s even when it was really obvious the kinds of predatory groups where piggy backing the various rights movements.. love is love and age is a social construct emanate from one line of thinking..

the question isn't why would they take advantage of it the question is why wouldn't they use it to gain access to their prey as we know predators have used the church/social services/police/school/media/government/secret group/sectarian groups to gain access their prey and be protected from prosecution..

as a survivor of csa it took me until the mid 90s to deal with it and in time support those in the lgb community fighting abuse.. outside of the poll tax its my one stream of activism..

my sadness is knowing the many female survivors today will be pushed down the trans route by those gatekeeping the abuse, it leverages self harm/self hatred as a tool to silence girls, but it'll come out in the end as self harm doesn't change that end need for healing, my body looks like a butchers block, one of my closest friends was a mental health nurse who worked for the police and she always had razor blades in her shoes to keep her numb around men..

offer those survivors double mastectomies and hysterectomies to unmake their femininity and they'll take it, but only for a short term as they'll always need to come back and start healing and dealing with the gate keepers..

that the state is becoming the biggest gate keepers of all and the medical profession its butchers will come at a huge cost at some point and as we go on that point gets closer and closer..

how the west survives this one is beyond me as its much bigger than covid as it breaks down all of societies safeguards and harms its most vulnerable in many many ways..

one of the saddest things I've heard is girls on eating disorder forums coming to the conclusion that becoming trans and having double mastectomies is good for weight loss rather than anything else and these girls will get a pass to surgery and the surgeons will pat themselves on the back..

we are through the looking glass this version of society is at end of life.. I've no idea of the tipping point or which side will tip this into the next stage but it'll come before winter ends as event are already spiralling..

posted on Dec, 24 2022 @ 06:27 AM
link   
If that is the case, if you want to give a 16 year old child that much autonomy, well then, they can enter the work force for 40+ hours a week then like the rest of us. They have that much right over the parent at 16 then move out and get a job.

posted on Dec, 24 2022 @ 06:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: HarlokOmega
If that is the case, if you want to give a 16 year old child that much autonomy, well then, they can enter the work force for 40+ hours a week then like the rest of us. They have that much right over the parent at 16 then move out and get a job.

It's not only the age which seems to be a point fit concern. There is no need to be any medical supervision or diagnosis of gender dysphoria or any other condition.

You can a very healthy teenage male who just wants to change for whatever reasons even if he doesn't really believes that he is a female.

posted on Dec, 24 2022 @ 06:36 AM
link   

The process has now become even more absurd as anyone who is over the age of 16 in Spain, and anyone in Scotland, can 'transition' by self-declaring themselves men or women.

You're considered an adult in Scotland with the right to vote at 16 Asmodeus3.

So whether or not you agree with the decision, you can see where they are coming from to a certain degree.

Meaning if you are going to tell people they have the right to make decisions regarding who holds sway over their lives via the right to a vote, then it's going to be pretty hard to tell adults what they can and cannot do with their own bodies.

To be honest all the same i think it's probably best to speak to a medical health-trained professional before committing to such a life-changing decision.
edit on 24-12-2022 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2022 @ 06:58 AM
link   
a reply to: TheToastmanCometh

That sounds like someone was in a rush to pass the change and nobody noticed the implications.

posted on Dec, 24 2022 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Sex can be changed in the documents, and that's what this law is about.

posted on Dec, 24 2022 @ 07:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

The process has now become even more absurd as anyone who is over the age of 16 in Spain, and anyone in Scotland, can 'transition' by self-declaring themselves men or women.

You're considered an adult in Scotland with the right to vote at 16 Asmodeus3.

So whether or not you agree with the decision, you can see where they are coming from to a certain degree.

Meaning if you are going to tell people they have the right to make decisions regarding who holds sway over their lives via the right to a vote, then it's going to be pretty hard to tell adults what they can and cannot do with their own bodies.

To be honest all the same i think it's probably best to speak to a medical health-trained professional before committing to such a life-changing decision.

The age is one of the main issues as one at the age of 16 little he/she knows about matters or even political ideologies. Although many of these kids in our days are getting indoctrinated by the woke ideology and the transgender activists.

But even more important is what you said in the last paragraph and what me and others have said earlier. There seems to be no need for any professional opinion anymore. That's shocking!!!

And so woke woke woke...

posted on Dec, 24 2022 @ 07:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: ArMaP

Sex can be changed in the documents, and that's what this law is about.

Yes it's only in the documents that sex can be changed. In reality it can never happen.

So what prevents Marie to identify as a Pink Unicorn? 🦄

I am sure she can not only change her sex but her species too!!

Woke woke woke....nonsense!

posted on Dec, 24 2022 @ 07:11 AM
link   
a reply to: HarlokOmega

In Spain, children above 16 can enter the work force but need their parent's authorization.

The criminal liability age is 14.

They have that much right over the parent at 16 then move out and get a job.

I don't see having a say about themselves as having "that much right over the parent".

posted on Dec, 24 2022 @ 07:11 AM
link   

The age is what it is.

But if people can vote and help decide the fate of the nation.

Then it stands to rhyme and reason they must also be allowed to determine their own future where their own bodies are concerned.

It's a sticky wicket with some serious implications ile give you that.

But at the end of the day you have to appreciate the point made.

As to Scotland being woke. LoL

You try Glasgow on a Friday evening and see how woke you find the place.

Or venture further up north and then tell me how understanding you find the populace.

Coz woke is not a box that they tick that's for sure, quite the opposite in point of fact no matter what you think or the government would have you believe.

posted on Dec, 24 2022 @ 07:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Asmodeus3

The law says nothing about that, so nobody can legally change from a human to anything else.

At least for now...

posted on Dec, 24 2022 @ 07:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: ArMaP

originally posted by: Asmodeus3

The law says nothing about that, so nobody can legally change from a human to anything else.

At least for now...

It was a rhetoric argument.
What prevents the woke crowd and the woke ideology from claiming in the future that you can change your species too?

If you can change your sex (which is impossible) then you can change your species too (which is also impossible).

posted on Dec, 24 2022 @ 07:31 AM
link   

People can get married here at 16 if they so please or it takes their fancy.

How are you going to tell them what they can do with their own bodies or dispute their sexuality?

As to how long a 16-year-old can work, well that's 35-40 hours per week, same as just about everyone else that's considered an adult here in Scotland.

And they do indeed go out and get jobs, moving out is somewhat harder in this day of age considering your chance of a council house is few and far between and fact is most wages at that age are not going to cover a private let or mortgage.

posted on Dec, 24 2022 @ 07:56 AM
link   

The age is what it is.

But if people can vote and help decide the fate of the nation.

Then it stands to rhyme and reason they must also be allowed to determine their own future where their own bodies are concerned.

It's a sticky wicket with some serious implications ile give you that.

But at the end of the day you have to appreciate the point made.

As to Scotland being woke. LoL

You try Glasgow on a Friday evening and see how woke you find the place.

Or venture further up north and then tell me how understanding you find the populace.

Coz woke is not a box that they tick that's for sure, quite the opposite in point of fact no matter what you think or the government would have you believe.

They are allowed to vote. That doesn't mean itself they are ready for this responsibility.

16 is too early for this.

It doesn't matter how the guys feel in Glasgow. The reality is different. The woke and transgender ideologies are trying to establish their very unqualified and ludicrous views via change of legislation. They have succeeded as it seems up to a certain degree with the help of some radical left wing lunatics (as Trump said) and with the help of left wing Government.

posted on Dec, 24 2022 @ 08:01 AM
link   

People can get married here at 16 if they so please or it takes their fancy.

How are you going to tell them what they can do with their own bodies or dispute their sexuality?

As to how long a 16-year-old can work, well that's 35-40 hours per week, same as just about everyone else that's considered an adult here in Scotland.

And they do indeed go out and get jobs, moving out is somewhat harder in this day of age considering your chance of a council house is few and far between and fact is most wages at that age are not going to cover a private let or mortgage.

Changing gender has nothing to do with sexuality or sexual orientation. Sexuality describes the ability to have sexual feelings and sexual orientation who you attracted to.

Gender identity is just a fantasy created by the gender ideologists.

posted on Dec, 24 2022 @ 08:16 AM
link   

They are allowed to vote. That doesn't mean itself they are ready for this responsibility.

Yes it does according to the law.

I tend to agree, but my feelings are beside the point its theres that are important on this issue.

It doesn't matter how the guys feel in Glasgow. The reality is different.

I do live here Asmodeus3, possibly best not to attempt to teach your granny how to suck eggs.

The woke and transgender ideologies are trying to establish their very unqualified and ludicrous views via change of legislation.

If you say so, you seem to like the word "Woke" what does it mean to you?

They have succeeded as it seems up to a certain degree with the help of some radical left wing lunatics (as Trump said) and with the help of left wing Government.

Scotland being a devolved constitutional monarchy where the social democratic political party currently holds sway i can't see how that is relevant nor anything to do with Trump.

SNP canny even succeed in referendums Asmodeus3 i would not worry too much, to be honest about them letting young adults decide their own fate and future, coz they will do so with or without the government's consent.

posted on Dec, 24 2022 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Bull crap and we have been down this path.

Suffice to say that for all intent and purpose gender identity is a thing and just because it is not outwardly visible to you don't mean it does not exist.

As much as you wish it was not the case, you will just need to deal with that fact, even if it does seem to irk you somewhat.

www.npr.org...
www.medicalnewstoday.com...
www.britannica.com...

posted on Dec, 24 2022 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Yes it does according to the law.

I tend to agree, but my feelings are beside the point its theres that are important on this issue.

It doesn't matter how the guys feel in Glasgow. The reality is different.

I do live here Asmodeus3, possibly best not to attempt to teach your granny how to suck eggs.

The woke and transgender ideologies are trying to establish their very unqualified and ludicrous views via change of legislation.

If you say so, you seem to like the word "Woke" what does it mean to you?

They have succeeded as it seems up to a certain degree with the help of some radical left wing lunatics (as Trump said) and with the help of left wing Government.

Scotland being a devolved constitutional monarchy where the social democratic political currently party holds sway i can't see how that is relevant nor anything to do with Trump.

SNP canny even succeed in referendums Asmodeus3 i would not worry too much, to be honest about them letting young adults decide there own fate and future, coz they will do so with or without the governments consent.

Let me re-iterate what I said above

The reality is different. The woke and transgender ideologies are trying to establish their very unqualified and ludicrous views via change of legislation. They have succeeded as it seems up to a certain degree with the help of some radical left wing lunatics and with the help of left wing Government.

Reality I am afraid.

I excluded the part where Trump talks about the radical left wing loonies.

SNP? Or left-wing labour which is camouflaged as a new party?

posted on Dec, 24 2022 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Bull crap and we have been down this path.

Suffice to say that for all intent and purpose gender identity is a thing, and as much as you wish it was not the case, you will just need to deal with that fact even if it does irk you somewhat.

www.npr.org...
www.medicalnewstoday.com...
www.britannica.com...

Yes is a thing in the gender ideology.

And a fantasy.

You cannot change your biological sex and hence your gender. Only in paper it can happen and nowhere else.
edit on 24-12-2022 by Asmodeus3 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join