It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rock and Roll was murdered

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2022 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

I became an instant lifetime Who fan upon 'discovering' them when my favorite British cousin surprised me with tickets to one of the Who's original Farewell Tour shows on my birthday!.

edit on 16-11-2022 by YellowBlueSky22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2022 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Man, rock does not have to be heavy to “rock”!!

Most memorable rock songs have acoustic guitar in them. And add that acoustic/distorted electric guitar contrast you can see where “grunge” came from (fun fact: rhymes with ‘sponge’!).

Rap did not kill rock and roll (no body lying in the streets done in by Biggie, dig), but a-holes trying to divide “market shares” between “white and black” youths (Utes??!!), ruined it in the long run.

Look at an interview with Fat Joe and tell me it ain’t no Duck Dynasty BS being pushed onto a gullible public!!

As Prince said, money changes everything…

edit on 16-11-2022 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: smart fone

posted on Nov, 16 2022 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Faeded
Will check that out

posted on Nov, 17 2022 @ 08:53 AM
link   
I just went to the Motley Crue, Def Leppard, Poison, & Joan Jett stadium concert this summer and I gotta tell you that it was SHOCKING to see so many teenagers and twenty-somethings there! The high school kids sitting next to us were screaming when The Crue came on like they were The Beatles!!
They knew every word to every song and to be honest I have a renewed hope for the Gen Z'ers and Millinials.....if they love the music, they'll honor the country and the freedoms that made it possible. reply to: pureblood69

posted on Nov, 17 2022 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: packerfaninbhc

That's true, these kids grew up listening to the classic rock stations in their parent's cars and they LOVE the songs. The demand is definitely there, Greta Van Fleet has a huge following.

posted on Nov, 17 2022 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: pureblood69

Rock wasn't murdered.

Just exiled to Europe.

Case and point.

Europe have the BEST metal shows. Download, Wacken, Alcatraz, Summer Breeze, Hammerfest, Hellfest, and on and on.

USA has Epicenter.

That's it. USA would rather nominate the producers and songwriters for Beyonce 9 times and Muse for Heavy Metal than recognize the great albums that came out this year.

No American music festivals get trailers other than s# like Coachella.

edit on 17-11-2022 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2022 @ 11:19 AM
link   

You said: "Rock is dead or at least on life support . And it was premeditated attempted murder.

I believe Rock and Roll was one of the 1st causalities of the NWO's war on America / the West/ White people in general. "

You literally called it's demise an attack on white people, I guess I don't understand why you said it that way. Also I would say Dr. Dre is the best rapper that has walked the earth.

posted on Nov, 17 2022 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

My favorite band in the world! And an album nobody heard back in the 80’s: Thunder and Consolation by New Model Army.

U2, at the least, copied the idea of “cinematic” music; music that evokes a place and/or time.

I played the following song on open mike night, just an acoustic guitar and my excuse for singing, when I heard that the drummer (and songwriter) died from brain cancer…

I still have feelings when I hear this all these years later…

posted on Nov, 17 2022 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

Outstanding band....seen them live about five times I think.

Justin Sullivan is an absolute legend, still going strong after all those years producing new and relevant material and with his integrity intact.

posted on Nov, 17 2022 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Cool thread.

If Im not mistaken Quiet Riot and the original West Coast rap crews were among the first targets of the wonderful PMRC. Eventually coming up with that stupid black and white label that goes all but un noticed these days. Check this out Janes Addiction and Ice T…pretty bada$$

originally Sly and Family Stone of course

And just for the sake of metal…

edit on 17-11-2022 by didntasktobeborned because: .

edit on 17-11-2022 by didntasktobeborned because: .

posted on Nov, 17 2022 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

(Sings…)

I believe in justice
I believe in vengeance
I believe in getting the bastards
Getting the bastards
Getting the bastards
Now!!

Thanks for the reply!!

I consider myself part of the family!!

A toast to prosperity…

edit on 17-11-2022 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: Had to sing it out loud to get the lyrics right

edit on 17-11-2022 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: Spelling

posted on Nov, 17 2022 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Amen, pure. Bumped for general principles. I thought
for a long time the torch for a rock back end would get
passed from Entwisle/Moon to Sarzo and Banalli.

The Riot kicked the stones off of anything because of
those two in back... then I watched a YT video with the
retirees trading pasta salad recipes. Seriously?
I threw up a little in my throat, and said Adios ya Jamokes.
"You don't need more strings...you need more practice" Rudy

posted on Nov, 17 2022 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: didntasktobeborned

If Im not mistaken Quiet Riot and the original West Coast rap crews were among the first targets of the wonderful PMRC. Eventually coming up with that stupid black and white label that goes all but un noticed these days.

Ah yes the old PMRC sticker. My friends used their own variation of it for the title of their first CD .

posted on Nov, 17 2022 @ 07:43 PM
link   
The beach sounds awesome

a reply to: underpass61

posted on Nov, 18 2022 @ 12:05 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Nov, 18 2022 @ 03:42 PM
link   
youtu.be...

My Band Vatican formed 1985

posted on Nov, 18 2022 @ 06:16 PM
link   
There is no more Rock and Roll Station, in The DFW market. It went off the air 2 months ago...It was replaced by a 3rd, Superfluous Sports talk station...

We have Classic Rock, and Indies only...Neither which are very good. Save for a Decent Microphone Voice, and boring, repetition of hashed-out songs. How much Chili-Peppers Can one play all day...?

posted on Nov, 18 2022 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thunderkiss75
youtu.be...

My Band Vatican formed 1985

What... no tattoos .
Cool stuff. I like the distortions boxes back in the 60's more than the over hyped over price stuff on the market today. Yep, them 6 dollar stomp boxes were the real thing.

posted on Nov, 18 2022 @ 06:38 PM
link   
what a website full of absolute babies!
your guy doesn't get his way in politics or someone asks you to wear a mask and it's all "do your own research man the truth is hidden and you have to use your VIBES to find it", but the natural ebb and flow of culture pushes crusty curmudgeon off pop radio and suddenly the whole thing is dead?

Real music is alive and well and better than ever - i listen to several new releases every single week and i can tell you, each month i hear something that could easily become a favourite. Sure, it's not on the pop radio station anymore but the truly great stuff NEVER WAS. It just means you have to experience it the way it's meant to be experienced - you have to go out to bars, you have to do your research, you have to talk to people and be a part of the community. you get back what you put in!

posted on Nov, 18 2022 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

And as a dig for Rog... there WAS one band that sounded
at one second JUST like the 'orribl 'OO.
Put on 'Ride the Beauty' and close your eyes. Defense rests,
but it's running through my head like an atomic foxhunt. now.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join