It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rock and Roll was murdered

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2022 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

I was bought up on rap FB. Not my fault it was just good, Run DBC, white rap from the Beastie's to loads of USA black rap heck Public Enemy were on the VHS every morning on the wake up for school others hip hop all teh way. All great music.

This Stormzy has been pushed on us differently. There something quite creepy the way he's on so many radio shows doing interviews, breakfast TV, main stand at festivals whereby the usual crowd would have no interest in this form of music. Total and utter sh*te all the way............ Give me The Who everyday

posted on Nov, 16 2022 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

Muse - Dead Inside:

youtu.be...

posted on Nov, 16 2022 @ 12:34 PM
link   
oh yeah..well ill raise you on the twelve foot...i absolute love these guys..every song

originally posted by: vonclod

New school..well..newish

posted on Nov, 16 2022 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Coupled with, at around the same time, the movement to ban smoking in bars. Like, you can't just open a smoke free establishment, you gotta force retrofitting smoking areas placing a huge burden on smaller venues. I live in a drinking town and SO many bars are closed. Where do the blue collars congregate, historically? The bars and taverns.

Also bowling took a nosedive, taking away manual scoring really killed it imho.

Gen X'er here who remembers very well how the world USED to be. I guess it's for the best as I am too damn old to be pub-crawling anyway but I can't help but feel so bitterly nostalgic at what we lost.

posted on Nov, 16 2022 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Faeded

Ya, 12 Foot Ninja is great

Some Rivers of Nihil

posted on Nov, 16 2022 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

Turgid!

I was in a club a couple of months or so ago with a mate of mine - a Six foot plus Rasta - and there were all these young lads dancing by themselves and singing along to #e like Ed Sheeran etc.
We made the DJ play Jobseeker by Sleaford Mods - emptied the dance floor - and everyone was looking at us as if we were mad.

We were pissing ourselves laughing when we left straight afterwards and went somewhere else.

posted on Nov, 16 2022 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

Trying to get past buffering at 6 seconds Carpy it stuck..................... Run the tinternet from the 3 network on Hotspot in the sticks. Not recommended but cheap as chips when a signal occasionally comes along

That was quite good actually
Don't remember buying their stuff but the Black Holes an easy song

This one just came on the flics....................Do you like the cows? www.youtube.com...
edit on 16-11-2022 by ufoorbhunter because: Received a bit of signal

posted on Nov, 16 2022 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: pureblood69

When it comes to Rap, I think the 'C" must be silent.

posted on Nov, 16 2022 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Bollox.

posted on Nov, 16 2022 @ 12:51 PM
link   
interesting mash up..i will be checking out the rest of their music after this post...reminds me of m.i.r.v ...not musicaly ..but antics wise..stage presence they do.
i am sure you are familiar with shokran theN?
if not...check them out..but i suggest the version without the vocals...thats whats cool about them..they pruduce all intrumental versions of their music as well as vocal.
i love the use of phrygian dom and that egyptian sound!
a reply to: vonclod

posted on Nov, 16 2022 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Joe Bonamassa - long, but epic. Freeborn - call it "turgid" and I'll send the Boys round! Slow Gin.
😉🍻

youtu.be...
edit on 16-11-2022 by Oldcarpy2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2022 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck

Rock used to be live, raw and flawed, esp. punk rock and the Detroit rock scene (it seemed to me). The music now-a-days is a sterile formulated product propped up with digital effects. No need for artistic talent these days, they have an app for that I'm sure.

Black Sabbath, Children of the Grave.

You can actually hear, damn near feel the resonant heads on the drum. Lots of Led Zepplin as well. Guitar fret slides and bass slaps. Vocal imperfections, etc.

These things gave music soul and tone that separated them from other bands. Hell, even the last live band I saw was ran through a board and equalized to the point of radio sterility.

posted on Nov, 16 2022 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Muse, Shinedown, still like Disturbed ...

Lately been listening Cole Rolland absolutely shred classical with his guitar on YouTube.

posted on Nov, 16 2022 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Heart's cover of Stairway to Heaven.

With Jimmy Page's seal of approval, no less:

youtu.be...

And Robert's, too.

posted on Nov, 16 2022 @ 01:07 PM
link   

You can actually hear, damn near feel the resonant heads on the drum. Lots of Led Zepplin as well. Guitar fret slides and bass slaps. Vocal imperfections, etc.

I'll never forget that feeling... at live concerts... literally immersed and enveloped by the vibes. It was mystical...almost magical.

All part of the awe and wonder back then.

posted on Nov, 16 2022 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Iron Maiden, Slade, Steppenwolf, The Doors, Hendrix I consider examples of varied actual classic rock that most forget about.

That said, I still like Pretty Reckless. Grown up Cindy Lou Hoo can belt 'em

posted on Nov, 16 2022 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

Heart's cover of Stairway to Heaven.

With Jimmy Page's seal of approval, no less:

youtu.be...

And Robert's, too.

Damn! It's blocked to me!!!

Bummer. Heart is amazing. And of course Zeppelin is legendary.
edit on 16-11-2022 by Boadicea because: Spelling -- damn autocorrect 😡

posted on Nov, 16 2022 @ 01:12 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 16 2022 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

I used to go see Maiden at the Ruskin Arms when they had their original singer.

Loved Todd Rundgren too.

He did the solo on Bat out of Hell.

posted on Nov, 16 2022 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

Google it.

It's brilliant!

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join