It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrats LOST Control of the US House - But Are Bragging They WON The 2022 Midterms

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2022 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Over the years, "cooperation" between Parties always seemed to happen when Democrats had Majorities. Hmmm 😀

posted on Nov, 15 2022 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Or Joe Biden bragging he did not finish at the bottom of his college class.

Because he graduated 78th out of 81 students (bottom 10%), he is 100% correct.

Well he is all kinds of things in his mind.

And no one corrects him, the media has an endless list
of excuses for him. So it is not too surprising that the
media is going along with this, especially considering the
slow walking of ballot counting.

posted on Nov, 15 2022 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Over the years, "cooperation" between Parties always seemed to happen when Democrats had Majorities. Hmmm 😀

Maybe. I think areas "blocks" are becoming more diversified which creates friction.

I remember before and after the Fair Housing Act. "Like people" used to live near each other and prevent outsiders from buying homes in the neighborhood. Almost like Natives vs the Europeans. Neither was particularly wrong -- just very different.

Friction from diversity.

Anyway, I like reading political analysists. Which is why I have said before -- looking back 10 years from now (10 being metaphorical).

Rambling -- someone keeps talking to me. Can't focus. Gonna post it anyway.

posted on Nov, 15 2022 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger

The same people who see the border as secure, share mentalities with those who see our elections as being the most secure in history.

posted on Nov, 15 2022 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

Or Joe Biden bragging he did not finish at the bottom of his college class.

Because he graduated 78th out of 81 students (bottom 10%), he is 100% correct.

Democrats (and advertisers) actually build public trust like that!

Democrats were smarter in the past when they canx Biden twice before for making lies like that.

They weren't as desperate back in those days. But after Obama, they became paranoid and short-handed of qualified candidates.

Now, Joe Biden is the best they've got.

posted on Nov, 15 2022 @ 06:07 PM
link   

It's now official - American citizens have given Republicans control of the U.S. House of Representatives.

Source: townhall.com...

posted on Nov, 15 2022 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Time for the R's to get off their behinds and get
to work. They promised, they better deliver!

posted on Nov, 15 2022 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Tuesday, November 15, 2022

Before this past Tuesday's "Midterm" elections, Democrats were in Control of the both the U.S. House and the U.S. Senate.

After the November 8th elections, Democrats have only retained control of the U.S. Senate. The Republican party is now (officially on 1/2/2023) in Control of the U.S. House for the next 2 years.

Democrats LOSE CONTROL OF CONGRESS, but President Biden, the U.S. Media, and Political Pundits are gleefully declaring, "Democrats Won The Midterms."

Here are some reports...

From Democrat-owned FOX NEWS:

Student loan 'buyout,' abortion won midterms for Democrats, Biden.
Source: www.foxnews.com...

This is incoherent drivel. Voting in a congressional election has nothing to do with Biden's Rule By Executive Order on Student Loans. WTF us a "buyout" anyway?

So folks, evidently, voted in order to forgive, or cancel, or whatever BS term their using, even though Joe already EO'd it gone.

Only to have it tossed out because he cannot do that, neither could Obama, or Bush, or God forbid DJT.

So now, without the House, there is zero chance there will be any legislation properly done for student debt. Not gonna happen, but it wasn't gonna happen anyway. Obama made this mess, not one Dem is going to tarnish his beautiful legacy of taking over student loans, just like they won't touch the fiasco that is health hell.

So to recap, Team Joe did an EO on student debt knowing full effing well he/they have zero authority to do any such thing. They put out a press release, set up a website even though they knew it would fail. It got tossed out, like they knew it would, but those who rode the blue wave voted for THEM ANYWAY???

They were deliberately scammed, yet, still voted that blue wave????

As for abortion, WTF? In 50 years congress has never passed, or even bothered with attempting, to pass seriously baby death legislation, why would anyone think that's gonna happen now???

Also in 30 years of AR15 screaming they did nothing on that. In 60 years of voting rights, best they could do is negate all votes with Ballot By Mail. I could go on with the 6 Dem talking points that, conveniently, they've been stuck on for decades.

So to recap, according to the robots in media, folks voted again, to have a handful of things done, that haven't been done the entire time folks have been voting for them. But figure the economy, interest rates, inflation, were just BS compared to Student Debt and Abortion.

We're doomed.

posted on Nov, 15 2022 @ 08:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
Basically Trump/MAGA lost.

Be interesting to see if more current Republicans are actually willing to work with Dems to get stuff done.

D's working across the aisles ended with Teddy .
The last of the "True Blue Democrats" .

posted on Nov, 15 2022 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Losing the House paves the way for losing election. Obama lost the House in the 2014 midterms.

posted on Nov, 15 2022 @ 11:26 PM
link   
But didn’t they win? It was going to be a red wave. One of biblical proportions. That didn’t happen.

posted on Nov, 16 2022 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Somethingsamiss
But didn’t they win? It was going to be a red wave. One of biblical proportions. That didn’t happen.

Blame the pollsters.

I only predicted (and wanted) a U.S. House majority for Republicans.

That wave is arriving now, and will be used to severely damage Democrats leading up to 2024.

posted on Nov, 16 2022 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

Be interesting to see if more current Republicans are actually willing to work with Dems to get stuff done.

It's a 2-sided plus affair.

posted on Nov, 16 2022 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

The past 2 years has been filled with Democrat intra-party disarray, and a leader who's barely cognizant. Dems got very little done, thankfully.

posted on Nov, 16 2022 @ 11:56 AM
link   

What is ?

posted on Nov, 16 2022 @ 07:46 PM
link   

What is ?

Wednesday, November 16, 2022

The Associated Press, given the role of official "WINNER" caller in MSM circles, has just called another winner for the GOP, and has acknowledged that Republicans are in charge of the U.S. House, come January 2023.

In other words, Americans gave REPUBLICANS control of the U.S. House.

The headline was only up for 30 minutes on FoxNews. But CNN has had a Huge "GOP WINS THE HOUSE" banner across the front of CNN.com for the past 45 minutes.

See here: www.cnn.com...

And, just as importantly, CNN is acknowledging (like they when Democrats won the House in 2018), that Republicans will probably launch a bunch of investigations into the BIDEN family and block Biden's agenda...weak as it is.

Full write-up at CNN: www.cnn.com...

Re: President Biden..

President Biden congratulated Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy, R-Calif., for his party's victory.

"In this election, voters spoke clearly about their concerns: the need to lower costs, protect the right to choose, and preserve our democracy," Biden said in a statement. "I will work with anyone — Republican or Democrat — willing to work with me to deliver results for them."
Source: www.foxnews.com...

Earlier today, President Biden told the press pool that he'll work with Republicans, so long as they don't want things he's not prepared to give them. (That's Biden-speak for "It's my way or the highway!")

posted on Nov, 16 2022 @ 10:07 PM
link   

I was listening to Levin take calls today and his question was what should be the first thing we address as Rs take control of the House...

Callers were as expected, fix the economy, reduce inflation, address energy prices and shortages ect, one lady said the border, I liked that.

Why do any of this on Biden's watch... only to let them take credit? That's why they don't admit defeat.

I'm all about straight to the jugular, let it burn! I myself want nothing but 2yrs of investigations, panels, oversight and accountability.

Now that's something I'm willing to continue suffering for, just as Ds expect you to bear with them during this Ukraine debacle.

What was it Biden said? "As long as it takes"

edit on 16-11-2022 by iamthevirus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2022 @ 10:24 PM
link   
In short...

I WANT BLOOD!

if they don't give us blood them RINOs will be out of there.

edit on 16-11-2022 by iamthevirus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2022 @ 10:43 PM
link   

I'm not a Democrat

Of course not, dear. No more than Lisa Murkowski 🤓

posted on Nov, 16 2022 @ 10:59 PM
link   
A rule of thumb I discovered many years ago about psychological encounters of this kind;
You have "won" the encounter if your opponent believes he has lost.

(Long story, but I thought an encounter with no particular outcome was a draw, until I realised how resentful the other party was. So he thought I had won, which meant I had. They are trying to push the Republicans into this position.)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join