It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrats LOST Control of the US House - But Are Bragging They WON The 2022 Midterms

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Nov, 15 2022 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Tuesday, November 15, 2022

Before this past Tuesday's "Midterm" elections, Democrats were in Control of the both the U.S. House and the U.S. Senate.

After the November 8th elections, Democrats have only retained control of the U.S. Senate. The Republican party is now (officially on 1/2/2023) in Control of the U.S. House for the next 2 years.

Democrats LOSE CONTROL OF CONGRESS, but President Biden, the U.S. Media, and Political Pundits are gleefully declaring, "Democrats Won The Midterms."

Here are some reports...

From Democrat-owned FOX NEWS:

Student loan 'buyout,' abortion won midterms for Democrats, Biden.
Source: www.foxnews.com...

From CNN:

Biden rides midterm validation into high-stakes meeting with China's Xi
Source: www.cnn.com...

From President JOE BIDEN:

Biden says midterm vote was a ‘good day for democracy’ and notes the ‘red wave’ didn’t happen.
www.cnn.com...

In WHAT WORLD do you lose 50% of your Congressional power/authority, and still declare VICTORY?

Isn't this akin to declaring victory after losing the basketball game by 20 points, instead of losing by 50 points, as the "experts" predicted?

😒-CareWeMust

edit on 11/15/2022 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

This is not the MUD PIT!!!!
Please read this

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on Tue Nov 15 2022 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2022 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Basically Trump/MAGA lost.

Be interesting to see if more current Republicans are actually willing to work with Dems to get stuff done.

(post by glen200376 removed for political trolling and baiting)
+14 more 
posted on Nov, 15 2022 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
Basically Trump/MAGA lost.

Your "opinion". Even though the official election results say otherwise.

Assuming you're a Democrat, your response is perfect for the mentality this thread is describing.

Thanks!

+7 more 
posted on Nov, 15 2022 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee

No, they didn't. What these past elections showed is that there is no establishment GOP agenda. Republicans endorsing Democrats? Republican PAC's pulling funding in key races.

The only people who lost are Americans. I do not care what your political views are. I don't. But when you celebrate the further erosion of the country I have a real problem.

Also, The Republicans had to defend more Senate seats, many more, than the Democrats so all the Dems had to do was flip a few GOP congresspeople and they have it. They did. No help from GOP 'leadership'.

How many who Trump endorsed won compared to Biden? I have yet to see that statistic in the news. I just keep hearing how MAGA needs to go. Now you have Schumer stating he needs to sit down with Mitch the Bitch and find common ground. Sell outs. All of them.

The Democrats have no agenda. None. It is all just about spending and kickbacks.
edit on Novam30amf0000002022-11-15T10:52:20-06:001020 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2022 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

The Left media is acting like the Mid-Terms were a Win Win .

I guess they are just relieved they didn't lose as badly as predicted but they still lost

Their Majority in the Senate is weakened and They lost the House so that's a Lose Lose but oh well I guess Ignorant Oblivion rules the day once again.

+17 more 
posted on Nov, 15 2022 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Be interesting to see if more current Republicans are actually willing to work with Dems to get stuff done.

What "stuff" are you wanting done?
  • Higher fuel prices?
  • More inflation?
  • More crime?
  • More poverty?
  • More war?
  • More division?
  • Less food?
  • Less opportunities for women (unless they're really men)?
  • More perverts in the ladies' rooms?
  • More riots?
  • More missiles from North Korea?
  • Higher taxes?
  • More human trafficking across the border?
  • More censorship?
  • A higher wage gap?
That's what the DNC has given us so far with both houses of Congress. Personally, I hope the new Congress does something a little different.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 15 2022 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

how short a memory you seem to have, it can happen when listening to the drivel of politicians on a daily basis, what was right yesterday is wrong today, keep cheerleading though

President Donald Trump celebrates a “Big Victory” even though his party saw mixed results.

In a tweet Wednesday morning, the president said he “received so many Congratulations from so many on our Big Victory last night, including from foreign nations (friends) that were waiting me out, and hoping, on Trade Deals.” He added: “Now we can get back to work and get things done!”

Midterm election results 2018: Donald Trump hails his 'very big victory'

US mid-term election results 2018: Maps, charts and analysis

Oh and i am sure to be labled as TDS despite thinking every single politician in the world to date and in the future is a useless as a chocolate firegaurd

posted on Nov, 15 2022 @ 11:11 AM
link   
When every pollster was claiming the Reps would be picking up a 30 seat majority in the House and a six seat majority in the Senate, keeping the Reps majority in the House down a couple seats while picking up seats in the Senate while maybe not an outright victory, it can definitely be seen as a loss by the GOP. Once you factor in the fact that the Dems flipped a few governorships and state legislatures then there's legitimate arguments for them to claim victory.

And honestly a slim majority for the GOP is probably going to be more damaging to the Party than if they didn't take the majority at all. At least if they lost they would have a unified rallying point. Now though there's two clearly distinct factions vying for control and neither one has the numbers to assert their dominance without a fight.

posted on Nov, 15 2022 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I haven't bothered to do the research yet on the Reps who 'won' house seats, and whether any of them were heavily funded by the DNC.
Time will tell just how many more RINO's were elected. As is so very typical we have two years of one party control, four of the other, then rinse and repeat. Surely there's a better way.

IF McCarthy becomes Speaker, you might just as well say the Dems lost nothing. The results will be called 'bi-partisan cooperation' as the liberal agenda continues its march forward.
JMHO

posted on Nov, 15 2022 @ 11:17 AM
link   
We already know that Republicans have no problem with declaring victory when there is no victory. Remember Trump jumping up and down about being the winner when he was not the winner? Other Republicans have used this tactic as well. It's not just the Democrats. Get real here.

This midterm had many high ranking Republican law makers claiming there was not only a House flip coming but a Senate flip as well. The media outlets that cater to conservative thinkers were proclaiming the Big Red Wave, the Tsunami as many were putting it. Remember? It was just two weeks ago. Just two weeks ago.

So, did the Republicans win back the Senate? No, they did not and when it's all over may even have lost a seat. Did they with the House? Sure, but by how much? Not nearly the landslide flip they were hoping for and proclaiming was going to happen. And isn't it traditional that the opposing party of the party that is in the White House the victor in the next House midterms? Isn't that a normal thing?

So in light of that, that this flip in the House is a normal thing the Dems look at what the Repubs were predicting and they find that that prediction did not come true as the Repubs we saying it would but indeed ended up with even less of the flip than is traditionally the case.

So sure they are claiming a victory. But what they think of as their real victory is the failure of so many Trumpian candidates and the schism in that party as more and more lawmakers and pundits are coming out about leaving Trump behind. To me, this is a good thing because it will move the Republican Party to reassemble itself into a party that can more fully oppose the listless agenda of the Democrats and offer us a better choice in 24 than Trump. Hopefully a MUCH better choice.

posted on Nov, 15 2022 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

It's Ok if Mitch McConnell and Chuck Schumer become blood brothers. The real investigative powers reside in the U.S. House. I would like to know what's in documents the Jan 6th commission refused to release, describing Nancy Pelosi's role.

posted on Nov, 15 2022 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: UpThenDown

But TODAY is of immediate concern: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 15 2022 @ 11:22 AM
link   

What stuff might that be? Is border security important? Is our educational system important?

Seriously, you should watch a senate hearing or two, where Republican senators ask DHS Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas about securing the border, and then Mayorkas tells lie after lie for an hour straight.
Mayorkas lying

Or watch Republican senators ask AG Garland about the FBI targeting parents, and then Garland perjures himself.
Garland lying

And you think the problem is that republicans aren't willing to work with Democrats?

posted on Nov, 15 2022 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: glen200376

Trump was not running for any office,you are the perfect example of low info dimocrat.
Willfully ignorance.

I'm not a Democrat.

And you all have "Trump in a dress" via Kari Lake (lost) and other MAGAs running.

People voted against them.

posted on Nov, 15 2022 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

In 2018 when Democrats won a slim majority in the U.S. House, liberal media described it as a resounding victory that would lead to the Impeachment of President Trump and lots of investigations of Republicans.

Source #1: www.cnn.com...

The media was right.

Now the shoe is on the other foot. But unlike the Democrat witch-hunts, the Republicans will uncover and expose REAL CRIMES by numerous top-Democrats. GOOD TIMES INCOMING.

posted on Nov, 15 2022 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: glen200376

Trump was not running for any office,you are the perfect example of low info dimocrat.
Willfully ignorance.

I'm not a Democrat.

And you all have "Trump in a dress" via Kari Lake (lost) and other MAGAs running.

People voted against them.

You may not be a registered Democrat but you vote Left which means you vote Democrat which means your a Democrat.

and Why do you keep bringing up Trump ? Go ahead and bring up Racism and LGTBQ while your at it
that's the Lefty go to when they can't contribute to the debate.

posted on Nov, 15 2022 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Democrats have been on a "redefining" binge craze ever since forever lately 🤣

It works like a charm on Democrats 🤣

posted on Nov, 15 2022 @ 11:31 AM
link   
You know the fix is in when the GOP says they may work to elect a Democrat as leader of the House. This is what is owed back to the Progressives for those wins.

They are traitors to our country. Any GOP congressperson who would work to elect a Democrat does not care about 2024 and only what they can 'make' in the next two years.

Link

While the Republican Party will vote on a nominee for House Speaker on Tuesday for the projected GOP-led Congress next year, some establishment Republicans are considering working with House Democrats to select a Speaker.

There has always been one party but now they do not care to hide it. I just keep going back to McCain and his thumbs down.

posted on Nov, 15 2022 @ 11:32 AM
link   

99% of The "MAGA" rhetoric all comes from Democrat sources, not (R)s 😎

edit on Nov-15-2022 by xuenchen because: snot drip 🚬

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join