It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrats LOST Control of the US House - But Are Bragging They WON The 2022 Midterms

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2022 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Now though there's two clearly distinct factions vying for control and neither one has the numbers to assert their dominance without a fight.

Well, that's the thing here Xcal. I remember the disarray of the Republican Party in 16 when all those guys and what was it, one woman took the stage to vie for the nomination? And look that that got us. Trump. His attempts to unify the party under him almost worked but his failure to to being a nincompoop is not leaving it in disarray once more. This time though, will they come together on a serious person? A person of competence? Maybe not, maybe they will offer the voters someone worse. But maybe they will come together for someone who is sane. That at least would be a nice thing to see.

For that matter, the victory in 16 of Trump left the Dems in disarray. They had planned for eight years to have Clinton in the White House for eight more years at least and look what happened, they had to fall back and then in 2020 came up with a field of twenty something and ended up with the best extension of that Clinton/Obama juggernaut they could find. Biden.

But will they stick with him if the Republicans can show the voters a real leader instead of the goofball or one of his toe sucking sycophants? We'd better hope so. If you ask me, the balls in the Republican glove now and what they decide to do with it, how they rearrange themselves will be the determining factor in 24.

edit on 30America/ChicagoTue, 15 Nov 2022 11:34:30 -0600Tue, 15 Nov 2022 11:34:30 -060022112022-11-15T11:34:30-06:001100000034 by TerryMcGuire because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2022 @ 11:34 AM
link   
TONS OF GOOD DEVELOPMENTS for America and Americans today!

Wow: www.independent.co.uk...

As icing on the cake, Satan-controlled MSM and Pundits have already forgotten about Biden and Democrats, lol.

edit on 11/15/2022 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2022 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Keep in mind..... MAGA (R)s only had 2 years of Congress with Trump, and The Senate never had a 60% Majority.

(D)s took Congress in the 2018 elections. 😀

posted on Nov, 15 2022 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

My "Inner Democrat" Loves all that success !!!! 😀

posted on Nov, 15 2022 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
Basically Trump/MAGA lost.

Be interesting to see if more current Republicans are actually willing to work with Dems to get stuff done.

Lolz, like I know rite. They should like work together and get stuff done. Like omg.

posted on Nov, 15 2022 @ 11:38 AM
link   

This is NOT the Mud Pit!!!

All rules for POLITE political debate will be enforced.
Members must also Stay on Topic!!!
Go after the ball not the player.

Trolling, And What To Do About It

Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

You are responsible for your own posts.....those who ignore that responsibility will face mod actions.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

posted on Nov, 15 2022 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

First order of business should be to show Americans how much REPUBLICANS CARE about America and Americans, by CANCELLING Joe Biden and Nancy Pelosi's impending hire of 87,000 IRS enforcers, and the huge weapons/ammo order they placed for those 87,000 hitmen/hitwomen/hitgirlymen.

posted on Nov, 15 2022 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
When every pollster was claiming the Reps would be picking up a 30 seat majority in the House and a six seat majority in the Senate, keeping the Reps majority in the House down a couple seats while picking up seats in the Senate while maybe not an outright victory, it can definitely be seen as a loss by the GOP. Once you factor in the fact that the Dems flipped a few governorships and state legislatures then there's legitimate arguments for them to claim victory.

And honestly a slim majority for the GOP is probably going to be more damaging to the Party than if they didn't take the majority at all. At least if they lost they would have a unified rallying point. Now though there's two clearly distinct factions vying for control and neither one has the numbers to assert their dominance without a fight.

I don't think so. The democrats have the formula down. Elections likely won't be fixed in my lifetime. Knowing that, if nothing else, but the exposing of the assholes is what we get over the next 2 years, it will be a win for the people. Once it's known that Biden is compromised, and China is making the calls, some of the US citizens might snap out of their programming and see we do in fact have a problem. You won't do anything but defend, so please understand, I don't mean you when I speak of 'the people'.

posted on Nov, 15 2022 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

First order of business should be to show Americans how much REPUBLICANS CARE about America and Americans, by CANCELLING Joe Biden and Nancy Pelosi's impending hire of 87,000 IRS enforcers, and the huge weapons/ammo order they placed for those 87,000 hitmen/hitwomen/hitgirlymen.

Definitely needs to be a major priority with publicity 😎

posted on Nov, 15 2022 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColeYounger
a reply to: Annee

Be interesting to see if more current Republicans are actually willing to work with Dems to get stuff done.

What stuff might that be? Is border security important? Is our educational system important?

Seriously, you should watch a senate hearing or two, where Republican senators ask DHS Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas about securing the border, and then Mayorkas tells lie after lie for an hour straight.
Mayorkas lying

Or watch Republican senators ask AG Garland about the FBI targeting parents, and then Garland perjures himself.
Garland lying

And you think the problem is that republicans aren't willing to work with Democrats?

You realize you're going to see what you perceive from your perspective.

Me watching the same thing -- will perceive it differently. I think my scope is wider. I'm going to see a broader scope of interaction -- where yours is more precisely pinpointed.

Is that woman vs man or Rep vs Dem? Women tend to see a larger more integrated "picture".

Being that I'm 76 -- I do remember when the parties did work together to bang out a compromise. I've watched the divide get greater and greater -- and extremism take over.

I do not see the constant fighting with no results productive. Everyone suffers,

I am an unaffiliated voter.

posted on Nov, 15 2022 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
Basically Trump/MAGA lost.

Over the past 6 years, Democrat leaders, followers, and News Media, have continually demonstrated and proven they are not willing to act as reasonable people.

If they change their spots/stripes, maybe we'll want to work with them in a few years.

BUT NOT TODAY.

posted on Nov, 15 2022 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

You realize you're going to see what you perceive from your perspective.

Let me pose a question. Let's say you see someone steal money out of your purse. You actually witness them as they open your purse and take the money. When you confront them, they deny it. So maybe you just perceived the theft? Maybe your "perspective" is wrong? So when Mayorkas says the border has never been more secure, and the cartels, human trafficking and fentanyl smuggling is all Trump's fault, he's really telling the truth, and I'm just "perceiving" it as a lie?

Is that woman vs man or Rep vs Dem? Women tend to see a larger more integrated "picture".

So when AG Garland says he had no idea about what his FBI was doing because "he didn't get the memo" (even though he DID get the memo), he wasn't being deceitful? He was actually telling the truth, but I'm just not seeing the "larger integrated picture"?

posted on Nov, 15 2022 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Over the past 6 years, Democrat leaders, followers, and News Media, have continually demonstrated and proven they are not willing to act as reasonable people.

As witnessed by Nancy tearing up the State of the Union speech.

posted on Nov, 15 2022 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Definitely needs to be a major priority with publicity 😎

The news media always covers the first things a new Congress does. They covered with glee how Pelosi used what she called their new "subpoena cannon" against Republican from all walks of life.

Maxine Waters was made head of the Finance Committee (yes...Maxine Waters!).

The Liberal Media camped out in her office, as she subpoenaed every entity that did business with the Trump family!

Here's ONE story of many: www.politico.com...

If this was the Mudpit forum, I'd tell you what happened as the reams of subpoenaed financial documents arrived in Maxine's office!

posted on Nov, 15 2022 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColeYounger

As witnessed by Nancy tearing up the State of the Union speech.

Yep. One example of many. If they want to "work with Republicans", Democrats should start by complying with the subpoenas that will be coming their way from various U.S. House committees in 3 months.

posted on Nov, 15 2022 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Its like bragging you came in 10th and not last place in a race.

posted on Nov, 15 2022 @ 12:30 PM
link   

The FACT that they're bragging THEY WON the midterms, is like a huge red sign on the road that says, "GO AROUND. DANGER AHEAD!".

posted on Nov, 15 2022 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero
Its like bragging you came in 10th and not last place in a race.

Or Joe Biden bragging he did not finish at the bottom of his college class.

Because he graduated 78th out of 81 students (bottom 10%), he is 100% correct.

Democrats (and advertisers) actually build public trust like that!

posted on Nov, 15 2022 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Or Joe Biden bragging he did not finish at the bottom of his college class.

Because he graduated 78th out of 81 students (bottom 10%), he is 100% correct.

Democrats (and advertisers) actually build public trust like that!

Democrats were smarter in the past when they canx Biden twice before for making lies like that.

posted on Nov, 15 2022 @ 12:50 PM
link   

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join