It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Thought Exercise: They are Right Under Our Noses

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2022 @ 01:12 PM
link   
ATS,

I come today with a thought exercise and a question for discussion - not an assertion or opinion.

The thought: For this exercise, assume Bigelow is right, and “they” are “here” and “right under our noses”.

The question: Given known information about humanity/animals/Earth/science - and known lore or pieces of information about “them” from reports/abductees/experiencers - what is the purpose of “their” existence and presence here?

Obviously, there are many questions or angles to engage the thought posted above. But, my key question is, why? Why is this how they spend their time? Why would “they” commit to being here, ongoing, on Earth?

I ask the question given my research suggests Bigelow may be right - they are here, under our noses, and (potentially) always have been.

The missing piece for me (beyond additional physical evidence) is understanding why they would be here. I have theories, but, I’m curious what ATS thinks about this?

For reference, Bigelow’s commentary:

www.mysterywire.com...

Unlike Bigelow, I am not a billionaire. However, I have spent thousands of my own dollars seeking deeper understanding of the UFO/UAP phenomenon. My research led me to the conclusion they are here, UFOs are not tricks of the imagination, but the purpose of their engagement and activity remains a mystery. I sense if we understood their purpose, it would materially alter our collective perspective on what “life” is, the purpose of planets, what space craft actually are and are for, and more.

I’ve explored theories from UFOs having to do with death of the human body and being containers of consciousness, to inter or parallel dimensional entities, to keepers of our planet and its resources. While I could build a case around some of those angles, I’m curious what novel perspectives ATS members might bring to the table - and how those perspectives align with my research.

What say y’all?

posted on Oct, 23 2022 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: VulcanWerks

To provide us with something they have.

Or

To obtain, from us, something they lack.

In either case, due to the simple fact that they are here, and conversely, that we are not there, I would conjecture that whatever that "something" is, it is not something physical, such as technology or material resources.

Just the fact of their presence, here, provides sufficient evidence that in those areas, they far exceed our capabilities...

By literally, lightyears.

posted on Oct, 23 2022 @ 01:33 PM
link   

He said stuff yet he said nothing. Why is he holding back?

posted on Oct, 23 2022 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheUniverse2

He said stuff yet he said nothing. Why is he holding back?

I view it as he gave the upshot, and no backfill.

If he figured out what I stumbled upon, I get why - it’s fairly out there relative to what your “typical person” would think of or gravitate towards. At least in terms of what most people think is possible (though few actually know what is truly possible at the bleeding edge of anything).

The “why not more” could be due to a lot of things - not the least of which likely being concerns about .gov reaction, to learning something that can’t be shared, to not wanting people/society to freak out.

I do wish he would say a little more, however. His older footage and lectures got yanked off YT so perhaps he got a little too far over target.

posted on Oct, 23 2022 @ 01:58 PM
link   
A thought here. Based on the 3 day prediction of John 2 it would appear the Apocalypse of Revelation is over and the 1000 year reign of the saints starts in 2033 on the 2000th anniversary of the death of Jesus Christ.

Also based on a reading of Matthew 24 the Apocalypse started on or before the creation of the nation of Israel in 1948. The Apocalypse is roughly 74 years old presently.

So one theory would be that what we call aliens would have been called angels and demons in ancient times. Also some other possibilities would be supernatural entities from ancient times like fairies, dwarfs, brownies, and other entities as well.

The veil between the various dimensions and worlds appear to be starting to break down. Things promise to get quite messy in the next 11 years or so.

posted on Oct, 23 2022 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mantiss2021

To provide us with something they have.

Or

To obtain, from us, something they lack.

In either case, due to the simple fact that they are here, and conversely, that we are not there, I would conjecture that whatever that "something" is, it is not something physical, such as technology or material resources.

Just the fact of their presence, here, provides sufficient evidence that in those areas, they far exceed our capabilities...

By literally, lightyears.

I like how you framed it.

Makes me think, what if the thing they lack is us?

Or, what if we are them/they are us/we’re all some sort of the same thing - and we need “them” for some reason?

I doubt they are here to destroy us or that would have happened long ago - so maybe they don’t “need” something from us, or what they do need doesn’t necessitate our destruction. I also doubt they’re here to guide humanity, at least not entirely, but are here to take care of the planet (if anything).

Maybe if they’re here for the planet, they know we’ll burn ourselves out anyway. So, they make sure we don’t really screw it up, know we’ll take care of ourselves in terms of obsolescence, and just bide their time.

I’m sure they are learning a lot from us, however. You can learn from anything if that’s the lens you put it through.

posted on Oct, 23 2022 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: ntech
A thought here. Based on the 3 day prediction of John 2 it would appear the Apocalypse of Revelation is over and the 1000 year reign of the saints starts in 2033 on the 2000th anniversary of the death of Jesus Christ.

Also based on a reading of Matthew 24 the Apocalypse started on or before the creation of the nation of Israel in 1948. The Apocalypse is roughly 74 years old presently.

So one theory would be that what we call aliens would have been called angels and demons in ancient times. Also some other possibilities would be supernatural entities from ancient times like fairies, dwarfs, brownies, and other entities as well.

The veil between the various dimensions and worlds appear to be starting to break down. Things promise to get quite messy in the next 11 years or so.

I admit that I haven’t spent much time on the biblical aspects of the UFO/UAP subject.

Sages, and others, have landed on this being a discipline of spirituality - and that’s how you understand it.

I tend to agree with a lot of that - what started for me as a hunt for a physical phenomenon, definitely morphed into a spiritual one.

This was particularly true after I personally encountered a UFO. Only seen one, never seen another one. I documented that occurrence here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 23 2022 @ 02:32 PM
link   

If they've been here all along, it stands to reason that they are not interested in some resource we have here, as someone already mentioned.
They likely don't plan to enslave us,if they haven't by now.

Maybe they're just studying us like we do isolated tribes or chimpanzees?

posted on Oct, 23 2022 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

If they've been here all along, it stands to reason that they are not interested in some resource we have here, as someone already mentioned.

I track the us or resources argument - makes sense.

Makes me wonder if we - conscious humanity/earth - play a different role in the cosmos than we’re aware of. And that makes us worth paying attention to.

posted on Oct, 23 2022 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

I think they have been here along. An ancient people that had the tech to go underground and underwater, when some planetary disaster happened making the surface unlivable. Enough tech to leave the planet, but no interstellar travel.

There is a lot of real estate down there. Maybe due to the length of time they had to stay, they got to like it and felt safe.

How would we deal with a major disaster? we can’t evacuate to another planet. I think we would also go under ground/water. After a few generations, we might get used to it also.

In my mind this is the most likely explanation. FTL travel sounds great in theory, but the physics and power requirements are pretty hard to achieve for interstellar travel. I think they stayed here the whole time, because they couldn’t travel to another planet. Physical appearance would surely change over several hundred thousand years underground, I doubt they would look like us.

I guess with all the racket up here, they would be pretty curious, but very afraid of our aggressive nature. Why would they want contact, I doubt they need anything from us, all of earth’s resources would be available to them, and unlimited thermal power. If I were them, I would stay hidden also. Just my 2 cents worth. I love this subject.

posted on Oct, 23 2022 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Knowledge and statistics.

For a long time I couldn't come up with a good answer to this either. From a conventional understanding of physics our planet and us as a species should be completely uninteresting and useless to the. Harvesting our sun for energy, that would be much more interesting for an alien civilization.

I watched videos from the Youtuber and physicist Isaac Arthur, I highly recommend him. He has ALOT of videos about the Fermi Paradox. Generally, I would describe him as a sceptic though. But his understanding and explanations of physics and technology is excellent. In one of his shows he came with a really interesting idea:

REASONING:
No matter how advanced you are as a species, you constantly want to improve on your knowledge of the universe. Even if they are far beyond us in evolution, technology, population numbers and everything else, they want to improve their statistical understanding of how intelligent and technologically capable life evolves in the rest of the universe. Because even if they are superior to us, something else might exist (or come to exist) in the universe which might some day threaten them in the future. To foresee this, they need statistics.

ANSWER:
Studying how we evolve is a small part of that collection of statistical information, is my current guess. From my limited knowledge in the UFO/UAP topic, it seems like the activity from possible aliens increased drastically following the invention of nuclear weapons, and that they show great interest in installations with nuclear reactors and weapons. This would make sense, because this represents a leap in our understanding of the universe and in our technology of great interest for someone studying the development of an alien species (us).

What do you think about this?

posted on Oct, 23 2022 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: VulcanWerks

originally posted by: watchitburn

I track the us or resources argument - makes sense.

Makes me wonder if we - conscious humanity/earth - play a different role in the cosmos than we’re aware of. And that makes us worth paying attention to.

In the Universe, "Life" might be abundant,

But Sentience, a rare and precious thing.

To be revered, yes. But to be respected for the uniqueness each out-budding encompasses; and thus, though it may be studied, it may not be influenced.

posted on Oct, 23 2022 @ 05:50 PM
link   

First off, They ARE here!! No specifications are necessary (the “if” in your question).

They wanted an agent to speak for Them on several topics including the environment.

I refused.

If They want to say something then They should speak up (this was the 80’s. And I am still a nobody with no leverage or pull (see what I did there??) to force the discussion to even happen.

As everyone knows, politicians politely ignore what they find troubling or offensive. Including people or their message. Even if the message is about making the whole world, and everything in it, better off than swimming in their own filth!

So They want us to stop polluting our environment.

What are going to do about it?

Anyway, NBC aired a news story about sightings of UAP by pilots above the plane’s level. Nothing but lights in the sky but they didn’t snicker when it was over.

That is progress!!

The question really should be, “Why do They still honor an agreement that is decades old made with a dead president”??

This all ties into our nuclear fusion development, black triangles, the end of money, and what happens to our society/planet if any one of those things are revealed to the public.

posted on Oct, 23 2022 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Extradimensional NOT extraterrestrial. Lot of wasted time on this subject matter. Little g gods doing what they do, keep God's creation confused and dead... bad dead.

posted on Oct, 23 2022 @ 09:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Alpharius
Knowledge and statistics.

For a long time I couldn't come up with a good answer to this either. From a conventional understanding of physics our planet and us as a species should be completely uninteresting and useless to the. Harvesting our sun for energy, that would be much more interesting for an alien civilization.

I watched videos from the Youtuber and physicist Isaac Arthur, I highly recommend him. He has ALOT of videos about the Fermi Paradox. Generally, I would describe him as a sceptic though. But his understanding and explanations of physics and technology is excellent. In one of his shows he came with a really interesting idea:

REASONING:
No matter how advanced you are as a species, you constantly want to improve on your knowledge of the universe. Even if they are far beyond us in evolution, technology, population numbers and everything else, they want to improve their statistical understanding of how intelligent and technologically capable life evolves in the rest of the universe. Because even if they are superior to us, something else might exist (or come to exist) in the universe which might some day threaten them in the future. To foresee this, they need statistics.

ANSWER:
Studying how we evolve is a small part of that collection of statistical information, is my current guess. From my limited knowledge in the UFO/UAP topic, it seems like the activity from possible aliens increased drastically following the invention of nuclear weapons, and that they show great interest in installations with nuclear reactors and weapons. This would make sense, because this represents a leap in our understanding of the universe and in our technology of great interest for someone studying the development of an alien species (us).

What do you think about this?

I think that your point is a good one - and almost certainly a component of their time here.

People forget that you can learn from everything if you let yourself. And that would mean collecting data. Perhaps someday they find a civilization like ours that’s materially more advanced technologically. Like you said, data and knowledge gained from us could be useful. Highly likely this is a part of it - assuming they can’t time travel 😎.

I also agree that when we split the atom, the game changed. We talk about humanity being archaic, but, we’re actually pretty advanced in so far as things that happen in our atmosphere. Said another way, we can blow up our planet. We might not be crushing the stars, but, we aren’t entirely ants, either.

While that’s all a part of this, I sense it still misses the mark. There’s something to all of this that we haven’t been able to explain. While I think you’re right, I also think it’s part of a bigger “thing” - and you/we are all referencing pieces and not the big picture. That big picture is the why - which I obviously can’t point to yet, either.

Appreciate your contribution!

posted on Oct, 23 2022 @ 10:07 PM
link   
I would say …. that the moment we exploded the first nuclear bomb……we attracted Alien’s.

I would say …. in small numbers.

I would say …. with the addition of Super Colliders …. we have attracted Alien’s.

I would say …. in large numbers.

I would say …. we are Ants trying to be God(s), the Creator(s) of all.

I would say …. that’s a No No

CERN Extra dimensions, gravitons, and tiny black holes

Luke 23:34

…..”Then Jesus said, “Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they do.” And they divided His garments and cast lots.”…..

— Jesus Christ

edit on 23-10-2022 by Ophiuchus1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2022 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Personally I think the approach to look at it as something alien, even if I use that word too, is wrong and misleading us a great deal.
I guess the answer is more likely to be found in the micro of life not in the macro of the universe.
A little bit of 'The Swarm' mixed with toxoplasma gondii.
Meaning it's all pretty much explainable by natural phenomena known to us. Single cell organisms, more or less here on Earth since the beginning of life, capable of penetrating everything due to their tiny size, capable to bond and create superorganisms that appear 'solid' or big, plus bioluminescence and (if we all watched Stranger Things) due to their tiny size privy to the dimension of 'information flow' that's hidden to us.

It might be less sexy than ET but probability wins.

posted on Oct, 23 2022 @ 11:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: scottobereal
Extradimensional NOT extraterrestrial. Lot of wasted time on this subject matter. Little g gods doing what they do, keep God's creation confused and dead... bad dead.

Elaborate?

posted on Oct, 24 2022 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: VulcanWerks
For reference, Bigelow’s commentary:

www.mysterywire.com...

Logan follows up asking, “You don’t worry that some people will say that you hear that guy sounds like he’s crazy.” To which Bigelow again says he does not care.
I suppose Bigelow doesn't need to care if people think he is crazy, but he really does sound like he's crazy, giving nonsensical-sounding answers to support why he has such a strong belief.

Then you make the premise 'assume the crazy-sounding person is right'...there's nothing to back up the assertion, and he gives us nothing, except some nonsensical-sounding statements of gibberish.

“There’s different ways to go at this. So one is from a hardware standpoint. The other one is from the presence standpoint, ET presence. And, you know, a lot of people say, well, whether they’re, you know, that they can be among the population, whether they’re hybrids, or there’s some other kind of, really look alike, you know, kind of thing. But so, so you can look at it different kinds of ways. And, and so, I know of a really good high quality researcher who has a fantastic academic credentials and background. And he would be predisposed to the latter, saying that, yeah, it could be among us, you know, but he’s probably on the more extreme, he’s definitely on the more extreme. Others would say, well, we’re safe in saying that there’s hardware, you know, so that’s among us, and hardware kind of context.”
That just sounds like crazy talk. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence and all that, just to posit that what he says is true. Now if he actually offered some extraordinary evidence to back up his extraordinary claim, that would be interesting. But, he doesn't do that.

Given the low profile of any potential visitation, (no resources taken by the aliens, as far as we can tell) there doesn't seem to be any justification or rationale for their visiting us, unless perhaps it's to study us the way we study ants in an anthill.

posted on Oct, 26 2022 @ 05:17 AM
link   
"...what is the purpose of “their” existence and presence here?"

Although there is likely a multitude of reasons for the why are they here and anything we say can only really be based on what we know and can imagine might be, I suspect, depending on factors such as; stages/levels of technology, cultural and scientific development, genuine grounded spirituality, species proliferation, emotional and mental stability, desire to explore, survival needs, age of the species, etc etc etc...that it may be for SOME of the reasons we would do it.

Just because they can.

Because we want to know what's around the next corner, we are driven to survive...to live, we harvest resources, we expand our civilization, we are curious and on and on.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join