It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My UFO Sighting Experience

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2022 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Hello fellow UFOlogists, experiencers, and casual observers!

Being it was World UFO Day, yesterday, I have decided to share my personal experience with the UFO phenomenon - albeit a day late.

I have had an interest in UFOs for about as long as I can remember. I grew up a Trekkie, and have always been fascinated by all things space and exploration related. For many years, I casually followed The Phenomenon but never deeply engaged with the content through the lens of “I must get more to the bottom of this”.

Subsequently, I began seriously researching UFOs in about 2018. By that I mean spending material time exploring cases, accounts, theories, photos, and more. The UFOlogy journey is a fascinating one - you learn so much about science, technology, history, origins of humanity, propulsion, photography/light, and that all tends to culminate in a different understanding of consciousness, spirituality, peace, what it means to be “human” and more. That reading, coupled with the info releases from 2017 forward by .gov, led me to the conclusion that UFOs almost certainly exist as a “real thing”, but, I had personally never encountered one.

That all changed earlier this year.

My wife and I were sitting on the couch with our baby son on a pretty, cool, largely cloudy, Sunday afternoon watching a Netflix series. I had been doing some UFO research on my phone, watching the show, and generally relaxing while the baby boy took a nap.

From that vantage point on the couch, I could see tall trees out of my back windows. We live on the side of a hill and the windows are about 40 feet above the road below. There’s a neighborhood behind mine, on the other side of the street, that I cannot see from the couch - all is see is ~100+ foot tall fir trees (they are big).

I turned my gaze to the trees and clouds while laying on the couch. The sun poked through a bit and it was nice to see it - our winters are soul-crushingly gray at times in the PNW. I was pondering some of what I had read, the show, and clearing my mind for the week ahead as it was a Sunday afternoon.

As an aside, I turned Sunday into a day of rest for me about 6 months ago. It’s one day a week where, aside from family obligations, I schedule basically nothing unless I want to and work to get myself horizontal in the afternoon. Between work, family, and my sport/exercising, I need to give my body and mind a moment to recharge. I say this to not only encourage others to find time to slow down, but, also to say I was generally chillin’ and not “looking” for anything in the sky.

As the sun pokes through the cloud cover, I notice a cloud that’s slightly above tree top level, kind of egg shaped and maybe 50ft in diameter at the center, and turned very white - almost glowing. It was the glow that caught my attention. At first I thought it was the sun hitting the cloud, but, then I noticed what I can only describe as a neon green color that was very bright, almost circular in shape that was definitely being emitted by a light source - not a reflection.

Then, the unthinkable happened.

A damned flying saucer becomes visible.

Silver, shiny, with a dome on top that was emitting the green light that then turned almost purple. I almost fell off the couch. I tell my wife “Um, babe? Babe! What is that!” She looks out the window and goes “oh my god” and the saucer started to fly away from us to the right. It went behind said big trees, banked, and disappeared.

I asked my wife what she saw - and she saw the same thing I did. She said, “It literally is a flying saucer!”Two people, two witnesses, to what I can only describe as a classic flying saucer. As advertised. No BS. A flying saucer. It almost looked like CGI (live and in person) because of how the light moved off it it, it being silent, and it moving with a smoothness that I’ve never seen from an airborne craft. I now know why pictures of UFOs are blurry or people scream CGI… it actually does look almost CGI when viewing it live, in person, and not on a screen.

Since people like to hear about the craft and observations from experiencers, here is a bit more detail:

- Disk shaped
- Small dome on top
- Approximately 40ft in diameter
- Thin in profile
- The dome, a low profile dome, is where the color changing came from.
- Silent
- Moved in a very, very smooth manner
- It looked almost like it was super-imposed on the sky, almost fake, as though it was CGI
- It came out of the white cloud that had started to glow.
- Altitude was

posted on Jul, 3 2022 @ 03:36 PM
link   
- It accelerated very quickly

It was the cliche flying saucer. I laughed because for some reason I never thought I’d see a flying saucer, and also because people aren’t lying - that’s exactly what it was, 100%, swear on the Bible and my children’s lives - it was a flying saucer.

I had never seen anything paranormal, or a UFO, in my life up to that point (at least that I’m aware of), and I honestly didn’t think it would ever happen. But, it did.

As one can imagine, once you know in a definitive sense these craft exist, you start to research it further. It also, by extension, puts a lot of other “things” on the table in terms of being possible once the barrier to the “weird” is moved beyond.

I’ll do another thread another day on my full thoughts around the UFO subject in terms of takeaways, impact on me, etc. when I arrive at a deeper level of understanding.

That said, here are some things that I can stand by:
- They are real
- Clouds are used for cover
- They have some form of active camouflage that moves light around the craft
- They are a physical presence
- They are silent

I subsequently invested several thousand dollars in camera equipment to go hunting. FLIR, night vision, etc. I have not been able to spot one clearly since. However, I do have suspicions about how to find these craft and how their camouflage works. I believe The Pentagon, CIA, ONI, etc. are doing it wrong in terms of their “hunt” to locate these craft, and, given resources, I suspect I have a viable approach to detecting these craft. Sadly, it remains nothing more than a fishing story given lack of access to said resources (or, those agencies figured out the light trickery, too, and simply haven’t told us - which is entirely possible).

Lastly, this sighting kicked off a number of interesting events - including what I can say is visitation. More on that later, but, I can say that’s not the most interesting part. UFOlogy got it right by saying there is a “spiritual” aspect to this subject. I agree entirely - what started as a journey to find spacecraft led to a deeper understanding, for me, of what consciousness is, what it means to be “human”, blew apart my known definition of what humanity is, and more.

Given sources matter, I say all of the above as a human who was loaned various talents; TAG identified as a child, academically successful, athletically successful, and done well in the corporate world. I don’t say that to be braggadocios, I say it to note that I am not a whackadoodle, drug addicted, dumb, or with mental illness. I am, to the contrary, fortunately blessed to be able to exercise the gifts I have on loan from God in this life time.

What is written above about my sighting is 100% truthful. I will stand by and defend what I observed to be true, with a witness, under any circumstance.

Fill your heart with peace, love, and openness and you, too, may have the opportunity to learn from the unseen watchers of humanity.

I feel very lucky that I had the opportunity to witness what I did.

Thanks for reading my story.

edit on 3-7-2022 by VulcanWerks because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2022 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I never seen a UFO maybe a UAP not the the UFO as in a 'saucer' type setting. I think you just had a encounter with a classic type real deal saucer type.
Cool post and i like the detailed explanation too.
Well done, thanks.

posted on Jul, 3 2022 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Thanks for sharing your story, S&F. Pretty riveting stuff. I believe you. I'm wondering if your baby boy reacted in any way, or did he sleep through it? I also wonder, hope this doesn't sound creepy, if the inhabitants of the flying saucer were able to look in your window and wonder what those humans were doing in that house, and if they noticed the baby too and were curious.

Were you all scared or just in awe? I wonder if they sensed you were looking at them and decided to peace out. Pretty exciting for you.

posted on Jul, 3 2022 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Sounds like you believe it happened, that much I got from what you wrote.
And you stating multiple times that you swear it happened makes me believe you know people will be very much skeptic about these stories and even think it is crazy talk.

I do not know if this say anything about the craft but to produce purple and green with burning of metals:

Combination of strontium and copper turn Purple.
Brass, bronze and copper turn green.

Care to share place and date, perhaps we can dig up something in your area.. similar.

posted on Jul, 3 2022 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: INnEedOfgOD
I never seen a UFO maybe a UAP not the the UFO as in a 'saucer' type setting. I think you just had a encounter with a classic type real deal saucer type.
Cool post and i like the detailed explanation too.
Well done, thanks.

Thanks!

posted on Jul, 3 2022 @ 04:36 PM
link   
OP, thank you for presenting here your experience. Very convincing.
I myself had a few in a past, also very convincing.
Although, let me try to share some thoughts about revealing to general public those sightings.
...the more you reveal about this the less (if at all) you will see those in a future.

The thing is, in my experience, if you want to see more of 'them', do not post any videos or other hard evidence.
It's 'for your eyes only' thing.

I have videos of strange crafts that I took within several month....but I will never post them. I feel like I have made a deal with 'them' not to reveal. As long as I keep my word, I will see more of 'them'.
Sorry, English is not my first language...I cannot express precisely what I mean.

I suspect, some abduction stories turn awful for an abductee only afterwards...after abduction was broadcasted to the populace. I am pretty sure 'do not tell anyone' condition was broken by those individuals. That's when they either lie or being suffer 'radiation burns', 'lost memories', 'laps in time' and what not.

I can put in words what i saw but never put out any evidence. Otherwise either I will never see them again or suffer consequences.

I appeal not only to you but all of us who look up to the sky and see strange things. It is an opportunity to learn more if one keeps this to 'your eyes only'.

I saw a very strange crafts over the city not long ago. I got a video. My wife was mesmerized and so was I.

Sometime I look up the sky and say...'Please show me your ships'. And I see them every now and then.
I know somehow that if I make a video and go public with it, I will be 'punished' in a way and never see 'them' again.

Share more but no more 'evidence' than your own words. I believe in what you saw.

cheers

edit on 3-7-2022 by Outpost1220 because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-7-2022 by Outpost1220 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2022 @ 04:36 PM
link   
That is exactly the encounter I would like to have.

No “hey jump on board and my four finger green friends will give you a ride.”

No terrible mantis being.

No grey heebie jeebie creature at the foot of your bed.

No missing time.

Nice event.
edit on 3-7-2022 by TheAlleghenyGentleman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2022 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChiefD
Thanks for sharing your story, S&F. Pretty riveting stuff. I believe you. I'm wondering if your baby boy reacted in any way, or did he sleep through it? I also wonder, hope this doesn't sound creepy, if the inhabitants of the flying saucer were able to look in your window and wonder what those humans were doing in that house, and if they noticed the baby too and were curious.

Were you all scared or just in awe? I wonder if they sensed you were looking at them and decided to peace out. Pretty exciting for you.

Not scared, in awe.

Actually, more like dumbfounded, in the sense that you hear of these things but never really believe them to be as described until… there it is!

The fear came along later as I gained more understanding. That has now largely passed. I am personally of the mind they are not hostile, and don’t fear their presence.

I do think my son has something to do with this. Subsequent events/happenings/occurrences after the sighting suggest to me that have an interest in him - and I have reason to believe that might be familial through me. Those reasons are tied to more conscious than physical things.

He didn’t have a notable reaction at the time. If he did, I was too shocked to remember it.

posted on Jul, 3 2022 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Also OP have you taken a walk in the area where this craft hovered? maybe you might find more clues? Maybe find something odd and take pics? I know I would be investigating the hell out of this if this happened to me. Never mind, I just realized you said this happened a while back, but still did you trek into the area you saw this since? Might want to if you did not. Who knows what you might find or encounter.
edit on 3-7-2022 by INnEedOfgOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2022 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: VulcanWerks

Fill your heart with peace, love, and openness and you, too, may have the opportunity to learn from the unseen watchers of humanity.

This caught my eye. It describes my wife to a T, and she had a crazy sighting which I shared some time ago on here. She's not into this stuff and she doesn't talk about it unless I bring it up.

And in my early 40s this dog is slowly realizing the absolute truth of that statement(the fill your heart stuff) , and although I'm not forcing it, it's starting to happen for me, as strangers offline are reacting to me in a manner I have little experience with. It's.. nice.

Perhaps I will have a proper sighting yet, one as undeniable as yours, or my wife's.

posted on Jul, 3 2022 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Outpost1220

I have videos of strange crafts that I took within several month....but I will never post them. I feel like I have made a deal with 'them' not to reveal. As long as I keep my word, I will see more of 'them'.
Sorry, English is not my first language...I cannot express precisely what I mean.

It's coincidental you mentioning this, the op said he was getting into uf/p lore. It's looking like this is just that. maybe a personal, spiritual encounter with a 'hey howdy, see me, I exist' type encounter? And for some reason I expect this to be a major trend in the next few years.
edit on 3-7-2022 by INnEedOfgOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2022 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: INnEedOfgOD I with my wife saw one about ten years ago also. It does change your outlook " when you actually Know they are real".

posted on Jul, 3 2022 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: ZED332L No I agree It's like a handshake Deal, Now we know we will see more IMO, I have a sky light Directly over my Bed I see something extremely Higher then my First encounter.

posted on Jul, 3 2022 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: INnEedOfgOD

The lore is strong. No doubt, if I understood you correctly...

I am supporting your 'spiritual' hint. But I think it is not 'spiritual' per se but what you do with this kind on information. 'They' are aware of that, perhaps looking for 'trusted' .

Sensation in us says 'Go tell everyone...' Sort of 'I will present my evidence no one will be able to dismiss'. 'I am not making this up', 'here is my video and pics'.
I am an honestly voyeuristic when seeing things of UFO origin. Meaning..the more you keep it to yourself the more wonders of our existence will be contributed to your own advantage.

posted on Jul, 3 2022 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: ZED332L
a reply to: INnEedOfgOD I with my wife saw one about ten years ago also. It does change your outlook " when you actually Know they are real".

I have no doubt it does. I do think it's a matter of focusing; on what level I do not know, but I have read many times through the years, that folks some, can somehow lure them in. And to me me seems again a personal, spiritual level.

posted on Jul, 3 2022 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Outpost1220

Thanks for your comment, Outpost.

You bring up a point I actually thought pretty deeply about.

I had the “for your eyes only” thoughts as well. I also took ~4 months to post this. Part of me felt like I shouldn’t say anything - for a number of reasons, some of which you touched on.

However, the more I research, learn and experience, the more I realize speaking of UFOlogy from the perspective of growing people’s perspective of their own humanity, has a very positive message.

I’m not here to say “look! Aliens!”, pump my story on Reddit or Tweeter, or make fantastical claims.

Im here to share a story that has a message - a message that is not only do these things exist, but the possibility of what they are or there mere existence has massive ratifications for how we think of ourselves as humanity. How much hubris we have. How violent we are. How unknowing and ignorant we are. How truly stupid we are on the grand scale of the cosmos.

The event triggered a massive amount of perspective growth over the last several months - more personal growth in that time than the year before it.

Or, sharing thoughts like this one that occurred to me. Some wondered why “aliens” paralyze their abductees or those they are visiting. Why do it? Maybe it’s to protect themselves from your natural human survival instincts! If you could move, you’d attack it, call for other humans who would then attack it and now it’s a whole mess. So? Paralyze the subject and then move on. Entirely humane. Humans can be very dangerous because a certain amount of “kill them!” is wired in our DNA.

That’s a long way of saying - we, humanity, is the aggressor. Not the other way around.

That puts a whole different spin on a whole lot of things.

edit on 3-7-2022 by VulcanWerks because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2022 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: ZED332L

I have no doubt it does. I do think it's a matter of focusing; on what level I do not know, but I have read many times through the years, that folks some, can somehow lure them in. And to me me seems again a personal, spiritual level.

I believe what those people say to be accurate. They can, and do, bring them in.

posted on Jul, 3 2022 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Outpost1220

It's coincidental you mentioning this, the op said he was getting into uf/p lore. It's looking like this is just that. maybe a personal, spiritual encounter with a 'hey howdy, see me, I exist' type encounter? And for some reason I expect this to be a major trend in the next few years.

I feel like your comment is pretty over target.

My whole encounter lasted about 15 seconds.

It really seemed like it was almost a mistake. Like the saucer malfunctioned and I just caught a glimpse - along with my wife.

But, I suspect “mistakes” don’t really happen for something like this. Anything’s possible, but I have to imagine reliability at that level is very high.

I think it was a brief confirmation. It was a, “Hello, we’re real, you get to know that with certainty, now grow from here” kind of moment.

Neither of us felt even a moment of fear. If anything, it was deeply comforting, and I do not fear further engagement at all.

You have to remember… these beings are effectively your gods/overlords. Once you realize you’re not at the top of the food chain, you being to understand what a few levels up might look like. You realize that cooperation and coexistence must be present for progress to continue.

I am a very an open minded and respectful person (well, I drop some keyboard warrior moments on ATS after a pint - but, I have good company there). I’m not trying to monetize a ufo video, I’m not going to show any of my evidence (including physical), but I am going to say you have nothing to fear and anything that’s actually “scary” from this is entirely earthly/human in origin. From my perspective, that is.

posted on Jul, 3 2022 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: 19Bones79
a reply to: VulcanWerks

This caught my eye. It describes my wife to a T, and she had a crazy sighting which I shared some time ago on here. She's not into this stuff and she doesn't talk about it unless I bring it up.

And in my early 40s this dog is slowly realizing the absolute truth of that statement(the fill your heart stuff) , and although I'm not forcing it, it's starting to happen for me, as strangers offline are reacting to me in a manner I have little experience with. It's.. nice.

Perhaps I will have a proper sighting yet, one as undeniable as yours, or my wife's.

Cheers, indeed!

I appreciate your post here, because it’s all true.

What this experience taught me is that we are looking at many things all wrong. We feed the human mind and don’t nurture the conscious that drives it. We fight each other. We assume something that looks different is a threat - by default! We shun mental health, look down on people who speak softly, and don’t openly discuss coming to common resolution and care for one another. Humans suck, at scale, badly.

I’m sure I suck too in some ways. But, in my latter 30’s, I’m aware of that and actively trying to suck less and, honestly, model a way of being that would allow our little friends in the space ship to realize I have evolved my thinking to a point that they would say hi - and also evolved it to a point that I can influence those around me.

Our lack of “contact” isn’t because it’s not possible, it’s because of human behavior at scale - which is largely not great, and very dangerous, if you’re one of “them”.

As my kids get older I think about what influences them and what influenced me - your children will teach you much about yourself if you reflect on it. I grew up in a less-than-ideal family situation and ended up watching Star Trek TNG a LOT. I was, and am, a huge Trekkie. In my house, that is well appointed in a nice place, I have a framed picture of the OG 1701 blueprints I found at an antique shop. People often wonder what’s up with that or think it weird. I then explain to them the general design changes from NCC-1701 to the galaxy class, and even a bit on E.

The influential part to me is that I realized early on that Star Trek is the future and Star Wars is a story. Racism didn’t exist in Star Trek. Neither did sexual phobias. There was minimal crime, general education for all, and a simple nature to non-Starfleet life with a huge eye towards are and advancing knowledge, culture, alliances and more.

With those influences, I go forward to today and still can realize that how could aliens show up if we’re still worried about what other people do in their bedroom? If someone is white, or black, or whatever? We’re so far away from tolerating another SPECIES that there’s no way for them to engage today.

Or, they engage very selectively (which I would), and those of us who get the opportunity have a peace filled heart, an open mind, and simply a desire to grow knowledge, perspective, and better the balance of the cosmos via peace.

I am lucky they shared their gift with me. If my gratitude gets me zapped, so be it. The message is more important than an inconvenience.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join