It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1.8 Million Year Old Nuclear Site in Africa?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Oct, 16 2022 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I find this interesting.

In 1972, a French factory began importing high quality-rare Uranium Ore form Oklo in Africa's Gabon Republic. The video states that Uranium Ore of this quality is difficult to make. Apparently, some say the site of origination for this ore, Oklo, is an ancient nuclear reactor! I did a little research on the Web and the general consensus i find is that this Nuclear reactor is a natural occurrence and not man made. Glen T Seaborg, former head of the US Atomic Energy Commission and Nobel prize winner for his research into the Synthesis of heavy elements.......in other words-a reputable source says that very precise conditions are needed for Uranium to burn in a reaction, the water must be pure; more pure than what occurs naturally, and u235-an isotope not naturally found in Uranium but is needed for reaction to occur must be present. His conclusion is therefore, that the Reactor at Oklo is manmade. Last but not least, New research that water regulated the Nuclear reactions also came to light.

Here's the video:

I also found this article in the Scientific American which states that the site in Oklo is a natural occurring phenomena where the conditions were just right for this happening to occur which imitate nuclear reactions.

www.scientificamerican.com...

Take it or leave it, I find this information very interesting and I think more research should be done at this site. What says ATS? Is the site at Oklo some sort of ancient Nuclear facility or is it just a naturally occurring situation where nuclear processes are stable enough to manifest naturally without risk of explosion.....? The mystery deepens, ATS! What say you?

www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 16 2022 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I seen this one long ago. Forget the explanation for it.

But what's plain to me these kind of theories, we'd be finding stainless steel and titanium parts like every single day from back then. Glass. Plastics even like nylon and polycarbonate.

posted on Oct, 16 2022 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I have thought that what we mine today was a waste bed from a past civilization. Even that the pyramids were a Landmark to stay away from waste sites. It goes even deeper than that I think, but have no proof, of course.

posted on Oct, 16 2022 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Whatever REALLY happened at the site at SOME time in the past, the folks at Scienteriffic American were unable and/or unwilling to face the implications of a prehistoric atomic pile. Of course, they HAD to say it was naturally occurring.

posted on Oct, 16 2022 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Well, it seems the video has a lot of flaws, such as that 1.7 billion years ago is not 1.8 million years ago and that it talks about “man made”, which is rather illogical 1.7 billion years ago. And that it forgets that this nuclear “reactor” only gave 100kW, which is very small, and that its natural existence is just as the scientific theory has predicted. This is certainly not a clue of ancient civilisations or worse. It is just nuclear fission as a part nature.
edit on 16-10-2022 by Aladdinslamp because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2022 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: lostbook
I find this interesting.

In 1972, a French factory began importing high quality-rare Uranium Ore form Oklo in Africa's Gabon Republic. The video states that Uranium Ore of this quality is difficult to make. Apparently, some say the site of origination for this ore, Oklo, is an ancient nuclear reactor! I did a little research on the Web and the general consensus i find is that this Nuclear reactor is a natural occurrence and not man made. Glen T Seaborg, former head of the US Atomic Energy Commission and Nobel prize winner for his research into the Synthesis of heavy elements.......in other words-a reputable source says that very precise conditions are needed for Uranium to burn in a reaction, the water must be pure; more pure than what occurs naturally, and u235-an isotope not naturally found in Uranium but is needed for reaction to occur must be present. His conclusion is therefore, that the Reactor at Oklo is manmade. Last but not least, New research that water regulated the Nuclear reactions also came to light.

Here's the video:

I also found this article in the Scientific American which states that the site in Oklo is a natural occurring phenomena where the conditions were just right for this happening to occur which imitate nuclear reactions.

[...]

The natural reactors at Oklo went critical about 1.8 Billion (with a B) years ago.

en.wikipedia.org...

This was discussed some time in the last few weeks in a different thread. When this was discovered in 1972 it was kind of a mystery. I was a licensed nuclear reactor operator in 1975 when I heard about it, and it was a topic of conversation for a while. However, it has been studied a lot in the intervening years, and there is no particular mystery any more as to what happened.
edit on Sun Oct 16 2022 by DontTreadOnMe because: Trim Those Quotes

posted on Oct, 16 2022 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: godsovein

But what's plain to me these kind of theories, we'd be finding stainless steel and titanium parts like every single day from back then. Glass. Plastics even like nylon and polycarbonate.

Maybe they were advanced enough to not leave literal mountains of junk behind.

If (when?) this civilization vanishes, future archaeologists will have no problem finding things to study.

posted on Oct, 16 2022 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: 1947boomer

originally posted by: lostbook
I find this interesting.

Here's the video:

Take it or leave it, I find this information very interesting and I think more research should be done at this site. What says ATS? Is the site at Oklo some sort of ancient Nuclear facility or is it just a naturally occurring situation where nuclear processes are stable enough to manifest naturally without risk of explosion.....? The mystery deepens, ATS! What say you?

www.youtube.com...

The natural reactors at Oklo went critical about 1.8 Billion (with a B) years ago.

en.wikipedia.org...

This was discussed some time in the last few weeks in a different thread. When this was discovered in 1972 it was kind of a mystery. I was a licensed nuclear reactor operator in 1975 when I heard about it, and it was a topic of conversation for a while. However, it has been studied a lot in the intervening years, and there is no particular mystery any more as to what happened.

So in other words you were like the real life Homer Simpson =D JK brother that is really cool I didn't know that about you. Isn't there a documentary TV series with Leonard Nimoy called In Search Of where they covered this topic from the late 70's?

posted on Oct, 16 2022 @ 05:15 PM
link   

That's assuming that they used the same technology we use in today's world.

posted on Oct, 16 2022 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman

Isn't there a documentary TV series with Leonard Nimoy called In Search Of where they covered this topic from the late 70's?

I believe that one covered the conspiracy of a nuclear detonation in India some 8,000 - 12,000 years ago .

posted on Oct, 16 2022 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: godsovein

Keep in mind that after one million years that most materials we use today will have corroded or decayed beyond the point of recognition. Titanium would oxidize into titanium dioxide (it is really a very reactive metal like aluminum to the point we have to use inert gases to work it or the oxygen in the air will ignite it), while stainless steel slowly rusts into iron and chromium oxides. Plastics would decay due to a combination of exposure to UV radiation from the Sun, and bacteria slowly breaking it down into lighter and lighter hydrocarbons. Pretty much the only materials we have that could last that amount of time would be things like granite, gold, or platinum. Concrete could survive, but only if it is deeply buried in a geologically stable area where water can't get to it.

posted on Oct, 16 2022 @ 09:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Its been a long time since I have been through that series, I watched them on tv as re runs before cable in the 80s I thought there was something on them terms.

posted on Oct, 16 2022 @ 10:14 PM
link   
a reply to: lostbook
I've read about this, very cool.

posted on Oct, 17 2022 @ 06:28 AM
link   

1.8 Million Year Old

How long do ya think that stuff would last ?
Titanium pipes have an average lifespan of 40 years.

posted on Oct, 17 2022 @ 06:49 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Oct, 17 2022 @ 08:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Proterozoic
a reply to: godsovein

Keep in mind that after one million years that most materials we use today will have corroded or decayed beyond the point of recognition.

Much of what is recognizable would be gone in as little as a thousand years.

Takes a good amount of know how to ascertain what stuff used to be too.

posted on Oct, 17 2022 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Venus.Earth.Mars. At one time all were habitable. Many think our moon is man made. It protects us almost perfectly from radiation and large objects.

I believe that this planet multiple times we have evolved...and removed ourselves or maybe something removed us. We are not alone we know that...right?

The Kardashev scale with Sagans notes is a perfect way to look at it. I believe we are on our way from Level 1 to Level 2 again.

Or...is it the remnant of the vehicle that brought life to our planet?

Science is an awesome thing....

posted on Oct, 17 2022 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I'm going to go with... Aliens visited Earth 1.8 million years ago leaving behind a Nuclear stock pile.

🛸👽☢️

posted on Oct, 17 2022 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: imitator

An Alien would have used technology far more advance and better than nuclear.

posted on Oct, 17 2022 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: graysquirrel

I am sure that even aliens have the equivalent of a #box they fly around...right?

<<   2 >>

join