It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Tribute to the Old ATS

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2022 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: 19Bones79

Thank you for this thread! It's unfortunate that ATS has become a playground for political banter where all people want to talk about is politics and engage in name calling & insults. It's truly a shame to see what has happened to this site. I miss the old ATS!

posted on Oct, 13 2022 @ 11:11 PM
link   

ATS led me to Deism. It doesn't need to interject. I'm calling it an it because I have no authority of pronouns.

I don't even have the perception to begin describing.

All I can say is if someone has come to the conclusion they can make decisions on behalf of God then they may need assistance in finding their marbles.

It could be the modern definition of what many hold dear is a lie. That's not a pox on God though or however you wish to name it.

Add a bit more:

Interjection... Whenever we interject to correct a dangerous path it's a highly disruptive and stressful ordeal, if 'alien' are here to save us it most likely won't be a comfortable process. That's true whether the participants are willing or not isn't it?

I've never asked this before but is it possible to turn off a nuclear warhead? Stop the launch procedure sure but the detonation part is all chemical and mechanical isn't it? I've always figured if push comes to shove we could just detonate the warheads in the silos.

I always figured that was the game, man's earth or no earth.
edit on 13-10-2022 by RAY1990 because: Lots more to add

posted on Oct, 13 2022 @ 11:18 PM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

I'm as guilty as anyone, and the current global environment is pretty much a very urgent conspiracy playing out before our eyes, and not something you can ponder from afar.

It's impossible not to address and be passionately partisan about.

Perhaps ATS was always going to roll with the times, it had to if you were to take it seriously.

Can't only be talking about the paranormal etc if real life crept up on us all as the biggest conspiracy we actively find ourselves entangled in.

posted on Oct, 13 2022 @ 11:20 PM
link   
It’s become a political echo chamber. Hate on both sides. I do miss the old days of ats.

posted on Oct, 13 2022 @ 11:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: 19Bones79
a reply to: lostbook

I'm as guilty as anyone, and the current global environment is pretty much a very urgent conspiracy playing out before our eyes, and not something you can ponder from afar.

It's impossible not to address and be passionately partisan about.

Perhaps ATS was always going to roll with the times, it had to if you were to take it seriously.

Can't only be talking about the paranormal etc if real life crept up on us all as the biggest conspiracy we actively find ourselves entangled in.

While I agree with your point, I do think that politics has its place but should not be the focus of ATS. My 2 cents; 1 cents for inflation.

posted on Oct, 13 2022 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Totally agree. I came here after 9/11 many rabbit holes from jfk, aliens etc mk ultra etc,
Learned a lot. Learned to be open minded but willing to go deeper. The pol was there connected but seemed less white supremy guess it’s all out in the open now. Miss old ATS too

a reply to: crazyeddie68

posted on Oct, 13 2022 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Appreciate the post. As someone who waited 10+ years to do the same, I can relate.

I guess my opinion is, and this has changed over the years, somewhat from what I've viewed on this site. I believe that most UFO's UAP's, are not extraterrestrial, but rather vehicles from the future. Some may be extraterrestrial. Who knows? Again this is only my opinion. For the longest time, I've questioned how life came to exist, let alone intelligent life(and yes, I'm including humans). I just don't see how, no matter how old the universe is, how atoms bombarding themselves at each other randomly can create something as sophisticated as the human brain without some type of help with design. We, as humans, have had brains for thousands of years and still haven't come up with something as complex. So, I guess I believe, like the movie "Arrival", there is no beginning or end to the universe. It's always been here. And I guess depending where you start, you may have knowledge to help people from the past or accept help from people from the future. Or, the people from the future may just intercede to make everything turn out dandy. Who knows?

posted on Oct, 14 2022 @ 03:27 AM
link   
As you can see by my profile, I signed up quite a while ago now..!

I hadn't been active on the site for a long long long time. At least 10 years or so but I kept lurking and reading posts. Gradually as the site turned into some American political platform and in my opinion came close to another Qanon, I gave up entirely and came back more and more rarely.

I understand the sites motto but when people think that everything is a conspiracy it becomes very boring very quickly. Even more so when 90% of posts are cantered around American politics, Trump and Covid vaccine's. Pair that with the general arguing and, quite frankly childish name calling and was like watching water going down a sink, just spiralling into obscurity.

I'm just hopeful that it may come back to what it was one day and the place becomes a more civilised platform again.

Just my 2pence

**Edit** - As with some message boards, is there a way to 'opt out' of seeing posts made on certain boards? or favourite the ones the reader prefers to see?
edit on 14/10/22 by Stuey1221 because: As above

posted on Oct, 14 2022 @ 05:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Brassmonkey
Thank you for starting this thread. I love talking about
UAPs UFOs UBIs and aliens!
I am a big fan of Kerry Cassidy and Veritas Radio and the
Old Coast to Coast AM shows and the new ones!!

Are you familiar with Corey Goode?

posted on Oct, 14 2022 @ 05:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: DevotedResearcher
Are you familiar with Corey Goode?

I think he's credible.

DISCLOSURE - Battling Narratives - Corruption - Biz Ethics & the Community - Corey Goode tells all.

21,122 views Mar 20, 2022

I know, I misspelled TRUTHER in the video, LOL. In case you missed it! Corey Goode hints at the new series of tell-all SHOCK DOCUMENTARIES on his experiences in the Truther & Ufology Community since 2013 and then after his hit TV Show and hit documentaries. Corey discusses the corruption in the community, the conspiring to create new narratives and destroy those who do not follow them. The communities percentage of mentally ill. Corey also compares his experiences working in Hollywood compared to the Truther Community with some pretty shocking statements.

SphereBeing Alliance

posted on Oct, 14 2022 @ 05:37 AM
link   
If the old ATS was financially viable, it would probably still be here. But that's getting into things that are none of our business.

posted on Oct, 14 2022 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Quality over quantity.

Members are who contribute and make ATS what it was, is, and will be.

Members are also the ones who can distract and derail.

posted on Oct, 14 2022 @ 06:28 AM
link   

I havbeen a long time mber but I have changed usernames and email addresses over the years. My old username used to be mysticalzoe, I think. I came to above top secret due to alien abduction. I was looking for help and support. I did find it, so for the longest time, I only read the alien boards and I slowly ventured out to the other boards.

posted on Oct, 14 2022 @ 06:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: ADVISOR
Quality over quantity.

Members are who contribute and make ATS what it was, is, and will be.

Members are also the ones who can distract and derail.

And unfortunately the quality has gone way down and the quantity has gone way up. Better news for advertisers and money making I suppose. It's a crying shame really

posted on Oct, 14 2022 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Spam

edit on 14-10-2022 by Ahabstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2022 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Perhaps the 'shift' from ATS original subject matter to pages and pages political strife is a conspiracy in and of itself?

Deflection, deliberate redirection away from anything that may feed and grow critical faculties, a strategy for mind control of all challenges to official narratives, designed to stimulate fear receptors and shrink cerebral capacity?

As to the religion/alien invaders 👽 question and how since WWII, successive leaders and 'influencers' have sought to create parameters and manipulate people's beliefs and understanding: anything is possible and I don't trust any of the shower of # that seek to rule over us.

edit on 14/10/2022 by teapot because: Run on did my head in

posted on Oct, 14 2022 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Sometimes I feel it is so sad ATS has turned into what it is today, other times, it gives me hope. The people that made this site into what it was, left due to, no reason anymore to be here. The work must be done in other ways.
I came to this site looking for answers in 2009 after seeing a formation of glowing orbs and got so much more over the years. Nowadays it seems to be the same thing I could watch on all consuming surrounding media... reply to: 19Bones79

posted on Oct, 14 2022 @ 07:26 AM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

That's an extremely well written blog, thanks for sharing.

posted on Oct, 14 2022 @ 07:33 AM
link   

I do miss the old ATS, back then conspiracy wasn't such a political word/tool and the subjects weren't so divisive.
Also love the subjects you've chosen to post about, the UFO topic was what bought me here, first as a lurker, then as a member.

Come back Serpo all is for given!!

posted on Oct, 14 2022 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Meh...I got lots to cry about when it comes to the good old days sigh.

Alas, we have went from high sci-fi movie expectations to...A Bond movie come to life.

But, hey, it's all okay. Bond movies have sci-fi galore.

So grab your popcorn, don't worry about the surround sound as it will take care of itself.

Now, a question, if I use iodized salt on my end-of-civilization popcorn will it help with radioactivity? Thanks.

P.S. - There will be "Aliens" too, I'm pretty sure, so keep your hope up!
edit on 14-10-2022 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join