It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Tribute to the Old ATS

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+99 more 
posted on Oct, 13 2022 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Believe it or not, I wasn't drawn to ATS because of current world events. Back in the days before politics headlined, the most excellent threads were written by members long gone or who simply chose to step away from this current chaos that we now call everyday life through a political lense.

Threads were so well written and the discussion was on a level that the likes of myself preferred to lurk respectfully so as not to disturb the rare creatures amongst whose cyber habitat I had accidentally stumbled upon.

Today I want to share a hypothesis in that spirit of the old ATS and, if the roles happens to be reversed and some old timer stumbles upon this thread in stealth mode, I tip my hat to you whoever you are.

Let's get into it.

In a letter sent to Britain's Ministry of Defense, a man claimed that Winston Churchill and then General Dwight Eisenhower conspired to cover up UFO sightings that happened during the course of WW2.

The reason?

Mass panic and a loss of faith in religion. Or so they say.

These reasons don't carry any water for me.

Mass Panic

At this moment in history, most people alive lived through the first and second world war, as well as the huge stockmarket crash of 1929.

Decades of death and destruction, the first atomic bombs dropped on cities and the loss of loved ones that were sent off to fight for the fate of the world and never returned.

People were tough in those days, and they had to be. It was the greatest generation after all.

I do not believe this generation would have panicked when faced with the realization that there was extraterrestrials visiting our planet.

To the contrary, I believe it would have united a fractured world and give pause to consider our shared humanity.

Loss of faith in religion

The truth stands on its own merit. The Abrahamic religions believe in an all-powerful, all-knowing deity. They also believe that everything that occurs throughout the universe that He created, is according to his divine will.

In other words, he is observing a play he wrote and simply enjoys seeing it play out without any surprises which is the way he supposedly entertains himself as there is no unknowable, no element of surprise for him to experience.

Surely Eisenhower and Churchill knew this or they were non-believers that were aware of the religious construct and how it was used to manipulate the masses.

So to the argument of loss of faith: have you tried to convince a believer that his God isn't real?

It's impossible, and besides that if people were to abandon religion were they true believers to begin with?

Would it not be part of God's plan?

Who were they to think they could subvert God's plan even with such a stunning revelation that ET was real?

Conclusion

In my mind, they knew ET was real, but they had other, more nefarious reasons to hide its existence.

End of Part 1

(I am writing this in real time, please bear with me as I type out Part 2)

edit on 13-10-2022 by 19Bones79 because: Added pic

edit on 13-10-2022 by 19Bones79 because: Cleaned up a sentence

+8 more 
posted on Oct, 13 2022 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I'm a long-timer and I lurked before I signed up, you are correct some of the threads were fantastic and extremely well done, occasionally I'll visit the archives and even the Wayback machine. Please carry on I'm listening dig the topic

wanted to add here is a great thread from the past that touches on this topic posted on Dec, 1 2013

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 13-10-2022 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

+28 more 
posted on Oct, 13 2022 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: 19Bones79

Politics was the last thing that attracted me to this site.
I miss the old days when politics was tucked away in a corner on Belowtopsecret.

Great OP, thank you.

posted on Oct, 13 2022 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Great topic. As for the religious aspect, I left organized religion behind once I turned 18. I haven't spoken to people about this. Do you truly believe that very religious people would be accepting of the existence of another lifeform and society? I am not sure they would.

Also if the government truly acknowledged the existence, I feel that they would be giving up their power over us in a sense.

This will be interesting to follow.

posted on Oct, 13 2022 @ 07:29 PM
link   

they were foo fighting.

they might of had good reason, remember what Orson Welles little radio show did?

edit on 13-10-2022 by BernnieJGato because: (no reason given)

+9 more 
posted on Oct, 13 2022 @ 07:39 PM
link   
When nearly all conspiracies have come true and nearly every source is fake or untrustworthy, including scientific journals, what's left to write?

But I do miss seeing those epic threads tho.

posted on Oct, 13 2022 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Part 2: The biggest secret

The real reason governments hide the truth

In 1774 in the city of Frankfurt, Mayer Amschel Rothschild is born.

Unlike most previous court factors, Rothschild managed to bequeath his wealth and established an international banking family through his five sons,[3] who established businesses in London, Paris, Frankfurt, Vienna, and Naples.

-Wikipedia

Most people are familiar with the history of the family that prints the world's money and loans it to governments around the world at interest which technically can never be repaid.

I'd wager that there is no member on ATS that can claim they hail from a country that does not have a federal reserve bank.

Financially, the world has been captured, and politicians come and go through the revolving door but the one thing that has never been threatened is the money system and the people behind it.

The 20th century established their total domination, enabled by the leaps in technology and settled through the world wars.

Everything after was just tying up of loose ends and streamlining of their empire of total control.

UFOs and government

For governments hell bent on denying the existence of little green men in flying saucers, a lot of UFO lore got leaked and persisted in the era before present day soft disclosure.

Allegedly, Werner von Braun himself said that the government would create a false flag UFO invasion in order to usher in the One World Government.

We are living in an era where every normality is being turned upside down, and the establishment is acting like Trump stole 4 years of their progress and that there is very little time to accomplish their goals due to this setback.

The NWO cares very little for religion, as it isn't as useful to them anymore as in the days of Churchill and Eisenhower.

They are preparing a new construct for humanity.

The fake alien invasion

The idea of a fake alien invasion is certainly possible in my opinion, but why would they need one?

To control the narrative is the only reason that I can think of.

“I occasionally think how quickly our differences worldwide would vanish if we were facing an alien threat from outside this world. And yet, I ask you, is not an alien force already among us? What could be more alien to the universal aspirations of our peoples than war and the threat of war?”

If all wars are scripted through false flags and disinformation, then we are living in an Era where history has effectively died.

Nothing happens organicly anymore.

Every major event is planned before it happens and the politicians play their part.

Powerful people were coerced into saying whatever is required, as they have been irretrievably compromised by the likes of Epstein and through secret societies.

Weak, opportunistic sociopaths controlled by dangerous psychopaths rule our world, and it is showing.

Conclusion

The only event that could threaten the final ascent of TPTB into openly proclaiming themselves godlike in their authority unto the world population is an actual intervention from an advanced race of extraterrestrial beings.

If there is a deadline set by ET for this historical point of open contact, it would shatter centuries of meticulous planning and effort by a select group of humans to control us all.

In order for us to be accepted into a galactic federation, our dominating constructs would have to be abolished, as it would ultimately threaten beings beyond this planet.

In other words, the veil that is upon humanity would have to be lifted before we are accepted by other alien races.

We would have to let go of all the methods of enslavement that the elite have foisted upon us.

The truth would destroy the hold the elites have over us.

This is something that they would never allow to happen being so close to completing their objectives.

A fake alien invasion would ensure that the world population becomes fearful and hostile of any notion of contact and would shun the worlds beyond our own.

It would appear that the elites that control us are not willing to join a galactic federation and would rather lord it over their little kingdom on this 3rd rock from the sun, hostile to any visitors from outer space that would threaten the matrix of control that currently enslaves every human being on this planet.

Would they destroy earth before they share it with the rest of us?

Nuclear silos have mysteriously been shut down before.

Perhaps the aliens are coming.

Perhaps they are going to save us, from ourselves.

edit on 13-10-2022 by 19Bones79 because: Added Ronnie

edit on 13-10-2022 by 19Bones79 because: Added Rocky

posted on Oct, 13 2022 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Been around since about 9/12/2001. Give or take a few days. Yes the polls would have you believe different these days.

Always was fascinated with foo fighters and all that, but what really got me hooked is dyatlov-pass

I honestly think with radiation levels found and hush-hush it could be related to this thread. Wasn't much hush because of the way they were found but dang it's a mystery to this day.

posted on Oct, 13 2022 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: BernnieJGato

Could 'The War of the Worlds' have been a psyop?

If a hostile ET is engrained in our cultural consciousness, it would benefit the elites that would prevent a peaceful contact.

Are we being conditioned to be hostile towards any first contact?

I certainly think so.

posted on Oct, 13 2022 @ 08:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: 19Bones79
Part 2: The biggest secret

The real reason governments hide the truth

In 1774 in the city of Frankfurt, Mayer Amschel Rothschild is born.

Unlike most previous court factors, Rothschild managed to bequeath his wealth and established an international banking family through his five sons,[3] who established businesses in London, Paris, Frankfurt, Vienna, and Naples.

-Wikipedia

Most people are familiar with the history of the family that prints the world's money and loans it to governments around the world at interest which technically can never be repaid.

I'd wager that there is no member on ATS that can claim they hail from a country that does not have a federal reserve bank.

Financially, the world has been captured, and politicians come and go through the revolving door but the one thing that has never been threatened is the money system and the people behind it.

The 20th century established their total domination, enabled by the leaps in technology and settled through the world wars.

Everything after was just tying up of loose ends and streamlining of their empire of total control.

UFOs and government

For governments hell bent on denying the existence of little green men in flying saucers, a lot of UFO lore got leaked and persisted in the era before present day soft disclosure.

Allegedly, Werner von Braun himself said that the government would create a false flag UFO invasion in order to usher in the One World Government.

We are living in an era where every normality is being turned upside down, and the establishment is acting like Trump stole 4 years of their progress and that there is very little time to accomplish their goals due to this setback.

The NWO cares very little for religion, as it isn't as useful to them anymore as in the days of Churchill and Eisenhower.

They are preparing a new construct for humanity.

The fake alien invasion

The idea of a fake alien invasion is certainly possible in my opinion, but why would they need one?

To control the narrative is the only reason that I can think of.

If all wars are scripted through false flags and disinformation, then we are living in an Era where history has effectively died.

Nothing happens organicly anymore.

Every major event is planned before it happens and the politicians play their part.

Powerful people were coerced into saying whatever is required, as they have been irretrievably compromised by the likes of Epstein and through secret societies.

Weak, opportunistic sociopaths controlled by dangerous psychopaths rule our world, and it is showing.

Conclusion

The only event that could threaten the final ascent of TPTB into openly proclaiming themselves godlike in their authority unto the world population is an actual intervention from an advanced race of extraterrestrial beings.

If there is a deadline set by ET for this historical point of open contact, it would shatter centuries of meticulous planning and effort by a select group of humans to control us all.

In order for us to be accepted into a galactic federation, our dominating constructs would have to be abolished, as it would ultimately threaten beings beyond this planet.

In other words, the veil that is upon humanity would have to be lifted before we are accepted by other alien races.

We would have to let go of all the methods of enslavement that the elite have foisted upon us.

The truth would destroy the hold the elites have over us.

This is something that they would never allow to happen being so close to completing their objectives.

A fake alien invasion would ensure that the world population becomes fearful and hostile of any notion of contact and would shun the worlds beyond our own.

It would appear that the elites that control us are not willing to join a galactic federation and would rather lord it over their little kingdom on this 3rd rock from the sun, hostile to any visitors from outer space that would threaten the matrix of control that currently enslaves every human being on this planet.

Would they destroy earth before they share it with the rest of us?

Nuclear silos have mysteriously been shut down before.

Perhaps the aliens are coming.

Perhaps they are going to save us, from ourselves.

Well damn, that didn't disappoint at all, pretty much gave me something to look up and research more.

first time Ive heard the Rothschild UFO angle. Cool stuff, I think it's been known for so long we have stories with parts of it etc but yes I could easily see them selling out humanity if it went down similar to this story

myth-os.com...

posted on Oct, 13 2022 @ 08:34 PM
link   

it's possible, he did work for the U.S. govt and they say he wrote speeches for roosevelt.

but iirc welles said that the show was comparable to people dressing up in a sheet, jumping out of a bush and saying 'boo!'
i take that to mean he didn't believe Martians either.

edit on 13-10-2022 by BernnieJGato because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2022 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: frogs453

To answer your question, as science has evolved so has the believers ability to incorporate the science into their beliefs wherever they can.

Even the pope has streamlined the notion of ET for the hundreds of millions of catholics in the world.

The pope would baptize aliens

posted on Oct, 13 2022 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

Now that's how it's done.

posted on Oct, 13 2022 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Same here, ATS brought me here for the strange stuff. I lurked since the early days.

My thought on this is that if there are aliens or something here they don’t want to be seen by the masses very much.

I also assume that they are superior in knowledge and technology of some sort.

If they are involved with world governments the aliens will most likely be calling the shots so it isn’t really up to politicians or the military to decide if we should know about them or not.

If there was a war going on with them the night sky would look even cooler than it does at the moment.

Just my two bits

posted on Oct, 13 2022 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Well the pope needs to let me into the damn 5 mile long file chamber he has or how ever long it is.. Vatican has some truth in the pudding or else they wouldn't be guarded, locked, and shushed.

posted on Oct, 13 2022 @ 09:13 PM
link   
I first found ATS in 2008 due to my interest in the ufo phenomenon.

What I found was a whole slew of info on a wide range of topics and I learned a great deal from the members here.

There was one member here,who's name I can't recall atm,who wrote a lot about Montauk,N.Y. I found his threads to be very informative and interesting. Sadly,he passed away from cancer.

Lately,I don't log in as much due to this site being mostly politics. I'd love to see ATS get back to it's roots and become the treasure trove of information on unusual topics,it once was.

Edit-William One Sac was the man who wrote the threads on Montauk...RIP,my ATS brother.
edit on 13-10-2022 by crazyeddie68 because: content

posted on Oct, 13 2022 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Thank you OP. It's truly sad what has happened to this site/world with politics finding its way to the forefront of so many things.

Stared and flaged.

posted on Oct, 13 2022 @ 09:54 PM
link   
I must agree, back in the day the conversations alone could carry this site. The subject matter was important but often secondary to the insights from those involved in the conversation. I'm proud to have been a part of it back then, and still occasionally miss it.

posted on Oct, 13 2022 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Thank you for starting this thread. I love talking about
UAPs UFOs UBIs and aliens!
I am a big fan of Kerry Cassidy and Veritas Radio and the
Old Coast to Coast AM shows and the new ones!!

So on the topic of the possibility of life existing outside planet earth on M -class Goldilocks zone planets I learned that Drakes equation gives it a pretty good chance there is life out there!

Drakes Equation

The Drake equation is a probabilistic argument used to estimate the number of active, communicative extraterrestrial civilizations in the Milky Way Galaxy.[1][2]

The equation was formulated in 1961 by Frank Drake, not for purposes of quantifying the number of civilizations, but as a way to stimulate scientific dialogue at the first scientific meeting on the search for extraterrestrial intelligence (SETI).[3][4]

Drake states that given the uncertainties, the original meeting concluded that N ≈ L, and there were probably between 1000 and 100,000,000 planets with civilizations in the Milky Way Galaxy.

The Drake equation is:

Drake’s Equation

(Sorry I couldn’t copy and paste the actual equation in here from Wikipedia it wouldn’t let me but I it’s on the link and the variables are below)

N = the number of civilizations in the Milky Way galaxy with which communication might be possible (i.e. which are on the current past light cone);
and

R∗ = the average rate of star formation in our Galaxy
fp = the fraction of those stars that have planets
ne = the average number of planets that can potentially support life per star that has planets
fl = the fraction of planets that could support life that actually develop life at some point
fi = the fraction of planets with life that actually go on to develop intelligent life (civilizations)
fc = the fraction of civilizations that develop a technology that releases detectable signs of their existence into space
L = the length of time for which such civilizations release detectable signals into space[5][6]

edit on 13-10-2022 by Brassmonkey because: Grammar

posted on Oct, 13 2022 @ 10:06 PM
link   
I would also ABSOLUTELY love a thread on the Secret Space program. I am obsessed with learning more. Probably has to do with how much I love Star Trek and Star Wars lol
edit on 13-10-2022 by Brassmonkey because: Spelling

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join