It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Tribute to the Old ATS

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2022 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Stuey1221

**Edit** - As with some message boards, is there a way to 'opt out' of seeing posts made on certain boards? or favourite the ones the reader prefers to see?

All I can say to that is if you see the Mud, just walk around it. It's still a choice to get down and dirty and can be avoided simply by not seeking it out.

posted on Oct, 14 2022 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: 19Bones79

Weak, opportunistic sociopaths controlled by dangerous psychopaths rule our world, and it is showing.

This^^^^^^^
This is the Entire problem.
From social issues to political issues.

posted on Oct, 14 2022 @ 11:51 AM
link   

The U.S. Navy recently patented a method for creating 3D images in midair using plasma. The technology is meant to create a heat source, drawing hostile infrared-guided missiles away from their targets. It could also theoretically be partially responsible for a series of UFO sightings reported by Navy strike fighter pilots in 2004 and again in 2014 to 2015. But the technology falls short of a full explanation.

www.popularmechanics.com...

posted on Oct, 14 2022 @ 11:53 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Oct, 14 2022 @ 11:57 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 14 2022 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: carbonwaste

The community, you and me, have always been in charge of the content.

If the mods were to control the narrative we put forth this place would be dead on arrival and too similar to facebook and other social media sites.

What if they decided your voice was not necessary?

posted on Oct, 14 2022 @ 12:15 PM
link   

You ever think part of the problem for example are the charlatans in Ufology and cryptozoology? People realizing these institutions are filled with con artists. Trying to find evidence of alien visitation and Bigfoot, many found how far people are willing to lie for fortune and fame.

I’m still sticking with it has nothing to do with ATS, but as a trend with society. As seen in the decline of the Coast to Coast radio show that is independent of ATS, but is parallel to what you call the decline of ATS. Again, has more to do with the right out lies from institutions like Ufology and cryptozoology.

posted on Oct, 14 2022 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: 19Bones79

UFOs and government

Great tribute Bones - don't know if you caught it but there's actually a book called 'UFOs and Government' and can't recommend it enough (also some good info here about the fake alien invasion scenario).

originally posted by: WhatItIs

People realizing these institutions are filled with con artists

Fair comment but let's not forget it works both ways and many debunker organisations (and official UFO explanations) are also full of it.

posted on Oct, 14 2022 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: WhatItIs

I'm of the opinion that it's a combination of opportunists but I am also convinced that powerful agencies deliberately set out to obfuscate the truth.

ETs are almost never presented as purely benevolent, but if I think about it a super aggressive advanced race of beings either destroy themselves or are destroyed or are reset through epochs until they get it right by overwatchers, perhaps this is our situation presently, but yet again we are failing miserably.

Perhaps we have benevolent overlords that cannot force us to evolve to the point where we can join a peaceful galactic federation, we have to earn it.

posted on Oct, 14 2022 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: karl 12

I'm gonna check out those links, thanks Karl!

posted on Oct, 14 2022 @ 02:32 PM
link   

(also some good info here about the fake alien invasion scenario).

Wow, it's eery how similar my thread is to that video. Makes me think my intuition is not too bad about these things.

I was blown away by the concept of a hologram that you are able to touch.

It seems like regular people truly have no chance against the elites and their plans for us.

posted on Oct, 14 2022 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Nice one mate, you're intuition is good.

Now imagine black financing 50 years ahead.

posted on Oct, 14 2022 @ 08:50 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 14 2022 @ 08:58 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 14 2022 @ 09:25 PM
link   
(Like popping in during the old days ☺️)
I love a good extraterrestrial conversation ...
I followed along with everything you've said but want to take a slightly different angle.
What if the extraterrestrial isn't a little green man, but is more of an organism or virus of some kind. What if the deal wasn't a deal at all but simply a scientific revelation that could change the stepping stones of man.... Or could just mimic a bad flu targeting the sick and weak in the herds 😉

PS: I so miss these types of post, thank you @19bones79

posted on Oct, 14 2022 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Fair comment but let's not forget it works both ways and many debunker organisations (and official UFO explanations) are also full of it.

If you have credible witnesses that are backed by actually physical evidence in context, why would you care what any debunker or government publishes?

posted on Oct, 14 2022 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Mass panic and loss of faith in religion go hand in hand.

Yes, people were tough back then but part of that toughness was their faith. People prayed for the strength, the will, the wisdom to carry on through desperate times. They prayed for deliverance from what must have seemed like hell on Earth.

Unfortunately, there is little room for aliens in the Bible. The idea that intelligent life exists on other planets is pretty much a monkey wrench in the gears of religion. Those same people, in the same desperate times, without their faith would have suffered, wavered, and ultimately faltered. Not all, of course. But in general this was a time when people went to church, prayed at each meal and before bed, and the Ten Commandments was more than just a great movie.

posted on Oct, 14 2022 @ 09:52 PM
link   

GREAT thread! And I miss those days as you do!

My opinion to keep it short, I think it was NONE of that, I think that was just the bs they sold to keep the secret.

I think the main reason, was they were studying and trying to figure out the tech, if they were to let on to any of that, other nations and powers would IMMEDIATELY start looking to counter that tech.

I believe quite a lot were also OURS, and again the same principle as above applies.

Call me cynical, but I dont believe for a second that the powers that be really cared THAT much about the populous. And definitely not more than their own power and weaponry

posted on Oct, 14 2022 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Allegedly, Werner von Braun himself said that the government would create a false flag UFO invasion in order to usher in the One World Government.

Indeed, remember Reagans speech?

“Perhaps we need some outside, universal threat to make us recognize this common bond,” Reagan proposed.

“I occasionally think how quickly our differences worldwide would vanish if we were facing an alien threat from outside this world. And yet, I ask you, is not an alien force already among us? What could be more alien to the universal aspirations of our peoples than war and the threat of war?”

posted on Oct, 14 2022 @ 11:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Islandparty

Well the pope needs to let me into the damn 5 mile long file chamber he has or how ever long it is.. Vatican has some truth in the pudding or else they wouldn't be guarded, locked, and shushed.

Digital Vatican Library

plus Vatican Museums Virtual Tours
edit on 14-10-2022 by trombleforth because: edit to add context for including these links

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join