It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kerch Bridge is Burning Now Partially Destroyed

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2022 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Your geography maybe a little off with the whole surrounding the Ukraine hyperbole.

a reply to: TritonTaranis

edit on 8-10-2022 by Dalamax because: Eta

posted on Oct, 8 2022 @ 07:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Dalamax

Propaganda is thick on this from both sides. Russia says so what? but considering the 4 billion dollar bridge was one of Putin's accomplishments it has to sting and will likely garner a harsh response.

and is it just me isn't it a little crazy that Ukraine already has a commemorative stamp of the explosion already designed and in the works? Good to see all the aid being put to good use. This is akin to Vietnam making a stamp of the TET offensive the morning it happened. Just a new aspect of modern warfare?

www.pravda.com.ua...

"So?": Russian authorities and propagandists react to the destruction of Crimean bridge

Officials of Russia and occupied Crimea, as well as Russian propagandists, are reacting to the explosion and fire on the Crimean bridge with threats.

Source: Ukrainska Pravda; Mariya Zakharova, the spokeswoman of the Russian Ministry for Foreign Affairs, on Telegram

Quote from Zakharova: "The reaction of the Kyiv regime to the destruction of civilian infrastructure testifies to its terrorist nature."

Details: Andrey Gurulev, an MP for the Russian State Duma [the Russian Parliament] said that he was "furious" and that "such things happen in war."

Quote from Gurulev: "We definitely need a strong answer, and we will give it. But there is no need to rush here, we need to think everything through to the smallest detail; now the main thing is not to give in to emotions.

Our Commander-in-Chief [Putin] knows how to take balanced and strong decisions, he will do it, I am sure, the time has come."

www.pravda.com.ua...

Ukrposhta, the national postal service of Ukraine, is to release a new stamp depicting the burning Crimean Bridge; the release date will be announced later.

Source: General Director of Ukrposhta Ihor Smilianskyi on Telegram

Quote from Smilianskyi: "The morning has never been so good.. On the occasion of the holiday, we are releasing a new stamp with the Crimean Bridge, or, more precisely, with what remains of it."

Details: According to Smilianskyi, the stamp comes with a name of M (for "mist", Ukrainian for "bridge"); the price will be 18 hryvnias [US$0.48], and circulation will be 7 million.

The officials also said that the stamp has been prepared together with Ukrainian artist Yurii Shapoval. "It shows a washing machine [Russians stole a number of these when breaking into civilians’ houses – ed.], enemy equipment, and handcuffs that Crimea breaks with Russia," he added.

posted on Oct, 8 2022 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Looking at the video again the truck bomb explanation seems wrong , 2 trucks on the bridge at the time of the explosion one had gone past the explosion point and one was before it , the explosion seems to have been next to the road bridge which would put it on the rail bridge.

I suspect the rail bridge was rigged with explosives.

posted on Oct, 8 2022 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Look at the ship traffic there, are they now blocked or is there another route ?

posted on Oct, 8 2022 @ 08:00 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

there appears to be a boat in one of the videos passing under directly where the explosion happened which would be more logical for the extent of damage to putins masculine inadequacy compensation...

posted on Oct, 8 2022 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Some pre-war times statistics about the capacity of Crimean bridge.

Some pre-war times statistics about the capacity of Crimean bridge.
Average per day:
~15,000 vehicles;
~160 passenger buses;
~860 trucks;
~3-4 passenger trains;
~12 pairs of freight trains;
~36 100 tons of cargo in total (~13mln tons a year)

posted on Oct, 8 2022 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Either....

Missile Strike or..

Underwater Special Forces Op

Stay Safe

Riouz

posted on Oct, 8 2022 @ 08:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Riouz5
Either....

Missile Strike or..

Underwater Special Forces Op

Stay Safe

Riouz

so care to speculate whose Underwater Special Forces pulled this off and how?

and missile strike would have been fairly obvious would it not?

posted on Oct, 8 2022 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

My guess Not Ukrainian

Look further West...

Stay Safe

Riouz

posted on Oct, 8 2022 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Riouz5
a reply to: putnam6

My guess Not Ukrainian

Look further West...

Stay Safe

Riouz

Guess is the operative word here, why not Ukrainian? they already have a commemorative stamp designed on the same day

PS you know ATS doesn't have a 240-character limit?

posted on Oct, 8 2022 @ 08:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
Which is why it's so easy to confuse the west on the reality of things

I'm not confused.

Russia invaded Ukraine. Russia has annexed a portion of Ukraine and run some laughable referenda, which are illegal and farcical. Russia needs to withdraw to their borders pre-2014, and perhaps peace can once again come to Ukraine.

At some stage, Russia needs to pay reparations for the carnage they have inflicted, but that can wait.

posted on Oct, 8 2022 @ 08:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi

Which is why it's so easy to confuse the west on the reality of things

I'm not confused.

Russia invaded Ukraine. Russia has annexed a portion of Ukraine and run some laughable referenda, which are illegal and farcical. Russia needs to withdraw to their borders pre-2014, and perhaps peace can once again come to Ukraine.

At some stage, Russia needs to pay reparations for the carnage they have inflicted, but that can wait.

You are having a laugh. The US terror regime caused all this in the first place. What Russia needs to do is build bigger and better weapons then perhaps with the help of others dismantle the rogue state that is the US MIC. That would do for starters.
The world is sick of your death and destruction. You people make me sick.

posted on Oct, 8 2022 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: midicon
You are having a laugh. The US terror regime caused all this in the first place.

Oh, yes. Of course. Sorry forgot. Russia invading their neighbour and unleashing hell is all the fault of the US. No disrespect, but you need to find another mantra.

posted on Oct, 8 2022 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Nexttimemaybe

lol this post aged well quickly. It's that amazing video analysis skills you've shown elsewhere.

I'll still keep ya in mind if I ever need a video analyzed professionally. It will be EZ. You tell me your conclusions and I immediately know that the opposite is probably true.

posted on Oct, 8 2022 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Said neighbour being a US installed puppet government. All friendly and non threatening lol. I don't need a mantra just the plain truth. Take your hypocrisy and shove it.

posted on Oct, 8 2022 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Said neighbour being a US installed puppet government. All friendly and non threatening lol. I don't need a mantra just the plain truth. Take your hypocrisy and shove it.

A democratically elected government.

Of course I understand why that might be threatening to Putin and his fan boys.

posted on Oct, 8 2022 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

100% agree MBTM, 100%.

Unfortunately the conditions needed to hold a free and fair referendum are very far away and most likely would take at at least a decade to do right.

I am and will always be,100% behind people's right to self determination. What happened in Crimea in '14 and the other Ukrainian Oblasts this year is nothing like a free and fair right to self determination.

And, in all likelyhood, Crimea, under free and fair conditions, would choose to join Russia or be Autonomous. They tried in the 90's and were forced back into the Ukrainian fold.

Crimea has a long history of trying to be an independent state but has been squashed by larger players, Russians, Ottomans, Brits/French, Ukrainians. They suffered dozens of displacements by the larger powers, dispersing the populations to the four winds. The Russians/Soviets and Germans in WW2 and shortly after tried to depopulate the place and Gerrmanify and Russoify it.( not even sure those are words lol ). Even more Russian than it already was through the pogroms and forced migrations of the late 20's/30's.

posted on Oct, 8 2022 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Some cars drive it allready.....expect trafic jams there...

First vehicles are now driving over the remaining span. Traffic moving from Crimea towards Russia.

edit on 8-10-2022 by Kenzo because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2022 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot

A democratically elected government.

Of course I understand why that might be threatening to Putin and his fan boys.

Smashing, people being burned alive while the scum handed out doughnuts. Ten billion over twelve years and a little f the EU comment as the puppet was installed. Got to love those yanks.

posted on Oct, 8 2022 @ 09:35 AM
link   

a reply to: BigfootNZ

What about those in Crimea if they are the majority who don't want to be part of Ukraine...isn't that no different than what Russia did???

Isn't this the reason we wanted to hold a referendum and a vote?

Shouldn't they get a say?

And if people say no......doesn't that make Ukraine guilty of doing the same thing Russia did to Ukraine?

Just some questions that should be asked while so many are cheerleaders for bloodshed and possible nuclear winters

Let itnnot be said I'm a putin cheerleader....

Ukraine should absolutely be able to defend themselves and drive back aggression

I'm curious tho how those that sympathize w Palestine see this w Crimea

Yup and Crimeans wanted to be a part of Russia and are happy with being a part of Russia. I post this article because it's from the Washington post from 2 years ago znd we all know the Washington post would never write another article like this again siding with Russia.

www.washingtonpost.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join