It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kerch Bridge is Burning Now Partially Destroyed

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2022 @ 09:39 AM
link   
This clown war is one step closer towards Armageddon... according to the head clown.🤡

posted on Oct, 8 2022 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: MidnightWatcher

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
a reply to: BigfootNZ

What about those in Crimea if they are the majority who don't want to be part of Ukraine...isn't that no different than what Russia did???

Isn't this the reason we wanted to hold a referendum and a vote?

Shouldn't they get a say?

And if people say no......doesn't that make Ukraine guilty of doing the same thing Russia did to Ukraine?

Just some questions that should be asked while so many are cheerleaders for bloodshed and possible nuclear winters

They probably all (or most) want to be part of russia, cuz russia killed or chased away everyone else for 8 years.

That is the biggest crock of lies I've ever seen posted. There was absolutely no mass evacuation of Crimea when they joined Russia. Ukraine ignored Crimea for literally decades, refused to invest any money in Crimea, refused to improve the infrastructure or do anything for the people there.

www.washingtonpost.com...

edit on 8-10-2022 by MisguidedAngel because: Typo

posted on Oct, 8 2022 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: MidnightWatcher

Just saw phone video of the strike from around 7 miles away on the Enforcer stream.

My guess is 2 AGM 88s strapped to an F29, but could also be ATACMS or modified Neptunes.

Whatever you say PatriotGames4u 😂
edit on 8-10-2022 by MisguidedAngel because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2022 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mantiss2021
a reply to: MidnightWatcher

I don't imagine that Russia allows Ukrainian trucks to cross such a vital, strategic, bridge, at least without a thorough search for bombs? For just this reason.

So, if a truck bomb was involved, in any way, wouldn't that indicate that the bomb was planted by Russians?

When your own people begin actively sabotaging your military efforts, the "frontline" has become your own home front.

Additionally, if Ukraine did, actually manage to attack this bridge, doesn't that make a second, perhaps bigger, attack more likely?

Now that they've figured out how to do it, all they have to do is do it again.

And again.

And again.

And......

Yup Russia blew up their own pipeline and they blew their own bridge too

posted on Oct, 8 2022 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Firstly, Ukraine isn't a a state on of terrorism, they are a independent state at war from a foreign invader. Every inch of Ukraine belongs to them and I hope they fight just as hard to regain their land back.

Imagine Russian troops marching in to Alaska and annexing it? How well do you think that'd go down.

posted on Oct, 8 2022 @ 10:10 AM
link   
So celebrating destroying civilian infrastructure that will hurt crimeans more than Russians, with a stamp.

Why break the habit of the past 8 years hurting their own.

Terrorist scum.

posted on Oct, 8 2022 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Another video surfaced very soon (suspiciously soon) after the actual explosion, but was then removed by twitter within 30 views. I suspect it may be a fake, but posted here just for your guys take on it:

imgur.com...

A couple people grabbed it and uploaded elsewhere.

You guys seen it yet? Fake? Or the real deal? I'll let you all sort it out, but there are some curious things about it... Not to mention if true it would most certainly favor a missile strike- the audio is quite telling.

But honestly, looks like someone took one of those car crash/road rage videos, edited in audio of a missile sound and explosion, and then brought it back in during the car roll. But it does appear to be on the Crimea Bridge. Fricken wierd. Or just plain fricken fake.

posted on Oct, 8 2022 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueAmerican

Every other video/image of this event has it happening at night TA, so probably a fake. Unless another attack has happened that I haven't read about yet.

posted on Oct, 8 2022 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: GAOTU789

Every other video/image of this event has it happening at night TA, so probably a fake. Unless another attack has happened that I haven't read about yet.

Yeah true, but that could potentially be explained by overexposure/auto compensation of a cheap dashcam. Let's leave that out for a minute. Look again.

posted on Oct, 8 2022 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Nexttimemaybe

Why break the habit of the past 8 years hurting their own.

I think it's more they are trying to turn the clock back 8 years and returning what is theirs.

edit on 8-10-2022 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2022 @ 10:35 AM
link   
This meteosat shows the light switched on in Kerch bridge on 03:00 UTC

I think we can also see the explosion on the #Kerch Bridge, #Crimea #Ukraine a little bit from space #CrimeaBridge

edit on 8-10-2022 by Kenzo because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2022 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: xpert11
a reply to: TritonTaranis

I love the symbolism concerning the bridge's destruction on Putin's birthday. But I am interested in the impact on Russian logistics and military operations. I wonder if, by destroying that bridge, the Ukrainians are seeking to force the Russians to use alternative routes and means of transport for supplies. So the Ukrainians might target those logistical elements to degrade Russia's capacity to resupply front lime units.

It would mean relying on the land corridor, which could soon be subject to a new counter offensive, and even more risky shipping/barges to Crimea

While the Kerch has reopened one lane it looks certain the structural integrity is very questionable and won’t be running at any capacity required

I would hazard another guess that the Kerch will be hit again very soon, just like the Kherson bridges were hit several times prior to its recent offensive

There is a lot of talk of a large build up of Ukrainian forces in the Zaporizhzhia region which could push south to Melitopol, which would completely write off Crimea

posted on Oct, 8 2022 @ 11:06 AM
link   
A couple of videos are out now showing it wasn't the truck that exploded. One video shows something moving in the water under the bridge a couple of seconds before the blast. Don't know how to add the videos.

posted on Oct, 8 2022 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
Which is why it's so easy to confuse the west on the reality of things

I'm not confused.

Russia invaded Ukraine. Russia has annexed a portion of Ukraine and run some laughable referenda, which are illegal and farcical. Russia needs to withdraw to their borders pre-2014, and perhaps peace can once again come to Ukraine.

At some stage, Russia needs to pay reparations for the carnage they have inflicted, but that can wait.

www.washingtonpost.com...

posted on Oct, 8 2022 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6
a reply to: Dalamax

Propaganda is thick on this from both sides. Russia says so what? but considering the 4 billion dollar bridge was one of Putin's accomplishments it has to sting and will likely garner a harsh response.

and is it just me isn't it a little crazy that Ukraine already has a commemorative stamp of the explosion already designed and in the works? Good to see all the aid being put to good use. This is akin to Vietnam making a stamp of the TET offensive the morning it happened. Just a new aspect of modern warfare?

www.pravda.com.ua...

"So?": Russian authorities and propagandists react to the destruction of Crimean bridge

Officials of Russia and occupied Crimea, as well as Russian propagandists, are reacting to the explosion and fire on the Crimean bridge with threats.

Source: Ukrainska Pravda; Mariya Zakharova, the spokeswoman of the Russian Ministry for Foreign Affairs, on Telegram

Quote from Zakharova: "The reaction of the Kyiv regime to the destruction of civilian infrastructure testifies to its terrorist nature."

Details: Andrey Gurulev, an MP for the Russian State Duma [the Russian Parliament] said that he was "furious" and that "such things happen in war."

Quote from Gurulev: "We definitely need a strong answer, and we will give it. But there is no need to rush here, we need to think everything through to the smallest detail; now the main thing is not to give in to emotions.

Our Commander-in-Chief [Putin] knows how to take balanced and strong decisions, he will do it, I am sure, the time has come."

www.pravda.com.ua...

Ukrposhta, the national postal service of Ukraine, is to release a new stamp depicting the burning Crimean Bridge; the release date will be announced later.

Source: General Director of Ukrposhta Ihor Smilianskyi on Telegram

Quote from Smilianskyi: "The morning has never been so good.. On the occasion of the holiday, we are releasing a new stamp with the Crimean Bridge, or, more precisely, with what remains of it."

Details: According to Smilianskyi, the stamp comes with a name of M (for "mist", Ukrainian for "bridge"); the price will be 18 hryvnias [US$0.48], and circulation will be 7 million.

The officials also said that the stamp has been prepared together with Ukrainian artist Yurii Shapoval. "It shows a washing machine [Russians stole a number of these when breaking into civilians’ houses – ed.], enemy equipment, and handcuffs that Crimea breaks with Russia," he added.

Celebrating the destruction of a civilian bridge that was one of the main transport lines for food and supplies to millions of Crimean citizens is very weird.

I thought Ukraine cared about the Crimean people? Well we already know they don't because as soon as Crimea joined Russia, Ukraine built a dam that cut off the flow of fresh water into Crimea which killed all the crops and ruined all the farm lands in Crimea.

posted on Oct, 8 2022 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueAmerican
Another video surfaced very soon (suspiciously soon) after the actual explosion, but was then removed by twitter within 30 views. I suspect it may be a fake, but posted here just for your guys take on it:

imgur.com...

A couple people grabbed it and uploaded elsewhere.

You guys seen it yet? Fake? Or the real deal? I'll let you all sort it out, but there are some curious things about it... Not to mention if true it would most certainly favor a missile strike- the audio is quite telling.

But honestly, looks like someone took one of those car crash/road rage videos, edited in audio of a missile sound and explosion, and then brought it back in during the car roll. But it does appear to be on the Crimea Bridge. Fricken wierd. Or just plain fricken fake.

Well the explosion happened at night so it was obviously not the explosion that's being talked about

posted on Oct, 8 2022 @ 11:33 AM
link   

I dunno man. Looking at the video of the explosion, there are a number of vehicles on the bridge, the vehicles in the clip you linked doesn't show the same number or type that I can see. And we can't hear a train passing in the video and we know for sure one was there, maybe it wasn't moving though, dunno. The reaction of the driver isn't much for a large explosion caused by a missile/rocket strike. Not much in that vid that says to me they are the same incident.

Fake? Or the real deal?

Hard to say if what you posted is someone editing a video or a real, different event. What it looks like to me is the driver pulled/drifted into the other lane, hit someone and someone has added another small snippet of an explosion into it. I ain't got the video skills though to tell ya one way or the other. The cam moves slightly before the explosion so dude may have been trying to film the bridge and hit another car while looking at his phone.

posted on Oct, 8 2022 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: MisguidedAngel

They are Ukrainians and russians, the war will end when the russians goes home, and it is NOT cutting civilians off from supplies, there is a huge port in Sevastapol and road/rail to the Kherson region.

Funny that you had no concern about civilians until someone hit a bridge built for military purposes though.

posted on Oct, 8 2022 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Maybe this?

www.navalnews.com...

posted on Oct, 8 2022 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: gb540

originally posted by: Nexttimemaybe
Minimal damage to be repaired quickly and zero evidence of it being the Ukrainian scum.

Per BBC Crimea’s parliament is saying the same thing:

Konstantinov added that damage to the Crimean bridge "will be promptly restored, since it is not of a serious nature".

Well… regardless of anyones’s spin, a tanker fire and multiple collapsed sections are kinda serious for any bridge!

Even under emergency priority it’s going to take weeks to reopen this bridge. Cut-off troops don’t have those weeks to wait for resupply.

Neither do the millions of Crimean citizens that rely on the bridge as a main source of bringing in food and other day to day supplies

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join