It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Migrants file Class action lawsuit against DeSantis

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2022 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: vNex92
How can migrants sue if they arent citizens?

I can see them suing if they were here legally. What I can't see is them being able to sue if they are here illegally. Of course the People's Republic of Massachusetts Court will hear this case fairly and judge it on it's merits. YEAH RIGHT!!!

posted on Sep, 21 2022 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: vNex92
How can migrants sue if they arent citizens?

Their lawyer will take 50% of the award.

The award will be 1,000 pesos.

edit on 9/21/2022 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2022 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: JIMC5499

if they are here illegally.

www.uscis.gov...

Temporary Protected Status Designated Country: Venezuela

posted on Sep, 21 2022 @ 02:53 PM
link   
How ridiculous - they should be put on a bus and shipped back across the border and left there.
Let them bring their problems to some other country - and any other country would just give them the boot.
Aren't these the jailed criminals that were let loose to come here and cause havoc??
Trump was right!

posted on Sep, 21 2022 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Did they receive papers and instructions at the Port of Entry and followed those instructions?
Did they enter the US through a designated Port of Entry?
Is this the first time in the US or not by entering at a non Port of Entry?
Have you received or followed any instructions since entering the US?
What were these instructions?

Some very simple questions can solve a lot very quickly here. And I just happen to know a pilot that can do deportation flights if the details are arranged and he is paid well.

Odd that those in desperate situations enough to seek asylum are not heading into South America like Chile, Argentina or Brazil for opportunities. Places were language, cultural and even general looks would allow a person to better blend in.

posted on Sep, 21 2022 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I suspect most folks on this forum know about DeSantis and what he stands for. For the people on here who would like a little more insight about who he is and what he stands for you can read his speech at the National Conservatism Conference. A long read, so settle into your favorite easy chair.

americanmind.org...

Have a wonderful Evening,

posted on Sep, 21 2022 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

So, what harm has been done to them, to give them standing to sue?

They were mislead or tricked in going there.

Exactly, who told them to go to a non sanctuary state like Florida?

We need to find out why they didn't end up in a sanctuary state in the first place.

posted on Sep, 21 2022 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

You are correct on the status of people from the Liberal Utopia of Venezuela, if they would have waited and applied for asylum from Mexico as the law requires.

posted on Sep, 21 2022 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Wait a second -
My parents were European and applied to come to this country,
had to wait, had to have a sponsor they would live with, were given absolutely nothing (no money, no food stamp card, no free rent, no free medical, nothing!) and did everything legally -
And they worked their whole lives!
What happened to that plan?

posted on Sep, 21 2022 @ 03:15 PM
link   

They were given maps of Martha’s Vineyard and signed waivers

posted on Sep, 21 2022 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1

On TV they said they were happy to be there. It looks like shark lawyers offering huge payouts got to them. I guess the courts will believe a bunch of criminals who broke the law to get here in the first place if it will benefit the Dems in the primaries.
Talk about taking advantage of people!

that's what I was thinking. After dealing with lawyers, those folks will truly understand what being lied to feels like, and it is nothing like what Ron did, he even gave them a choice, had them sign for authorization, and gave them food and water. I do admit sending them to the armpit of liberal idiocy was cruel, but it was needed to get the point across. If they do make it to court, I hope it's a long, loud trial, with lots of press forced to talk about the border, and the failure to secure it.

posted on Sep, 21 2022 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: loufo

www.wcvb.com...#

Class action lawsuit filed against DeSantis on behalf of migrants brought to Massachusetts

The organization Lawyers for Civil Rights announced Tuesday that a federal civil rights class action lawsuit was filed on behalf of a class of affected immigrants, including the dozens flown to Martha's Vineyard, and Alianza Americas, a network of migrant-led organizations supporting immigrants across the United State

"The persons who were flown to Martha's Vineyard were deceived, were misinformed," Olea said. "They are asylum seekers. They do not have access to those services."

So this is going to get hairy.

Does anyone know the makeup of the bus of migrants? If the majority were from Venezuela there might be serious problems for Desantis.
If the majority were Mexican maybe not so much.

Venezuelans have temporary asylum seeker status in the US. To me that means they are protected.
Very few Mexicans have been granted aslylum.

"Some 50 migrants from Venezuela have filed a class action lawsuit in a Massachusetts state court. In it, they accuse the Republican governor of Florida, Ron DeSantis, of abusing them for his own "illegal goals" and "political interests." They are seeking damages."

The whole thing was an embarrassing and inhumane political stunt.

www.tagesschau.de...
it was a political stunt. 100%. And it worked flawlessly. The MSM can't NOT talk about it, and even the stupid folk are waking up to find the border is not closed as Willie Brown's knob polisher said.

posted on Sep, 21 2022 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1

On TV they said they were happy to be there. It looks like shark lawyers offering huge payouts got to them. I guess the courts will believe a bunch of criminals who broke the law to get here in the first place if it will benefit the Dems in the primaries.
Talk about taking advantage of people!

LOL , so predictable I even called such a likely scenario was likely to occur with the deepstate. They just didn't wait for the next shipment and were proactive with the ones already sent. LOL

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I'm willing to bet its not to long before the democrats start paying some of these illegals to go to florida to only be shipped out or paid to lie.

Then when the illegals are shipped out and land , they will immediately start to cry they were forced to go there and that they were separated from their children.

edit on 33930America/ChicagoWed, 21 Sep 2022 15:33:01 -0500000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2022 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: interupt42
Well done

posted on Sep, 21 2022 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: panoz77

www.wcvb.com...#

Class action lawsuit filed against DeSantis on behalf of migrants brought to Massachusetts

The organization Lawyers for Civil Rights announced Tuesday that a federal civil rights class action lawsuit was filed on behalf of a class of affected immigrants, including the dozens flown to Martha's Vineyard, and Alianza Americas, a network of migrant-led organizations supporting immigrants across the United State

"The persons who were flown to Martha's Vineyard were deceived, were misinformed," Olea said. "They are asylum seekers. They do not have access to those services."

Does anyone know the makeup of the bus of migrants? If the majority were from Venezuela there might be serious problems for Desantis.

Venezuelans have temporary asylum seeker status in the US. To me that means they are protected.

"Some 50 migrants from Venezuela have filed a class action lawsuit in a Massachusetts state court. In it, they accuse the Republican governor of Florida, Ron DeSantis, of abusing them for his own "illegal goals" and "political interests." They are seeking damages."

www.tagesschau.de...

I'm sure there were no progressive lawyers involved in "helping" these "abused" migrants file their class action. Free food, free lodging and free transportation, how exactly were they abused? Was Brandon and Hunter on the bus with them?

The migrants were lured with promises that turned out to be lies upon arrival - such as the prospect of housing and jobs, according to the migrants and Alianza Americas, an organization that advocates for immigrants' rights.

Are you saying there was no housing on the vineyard, or just there was no rich white liberals that were WILLING to house those dirty poor migrants? Are you also saying that non of those rich white liberals on the vineyard were willing to give those poor migrants a job? They have to have dirty dishes and lawns that need mowed on the vineyard.

posted on Sep, 21 2022 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: panoz77

www.wcvb.com...#

www.tagesschau.de...

I'm sure there were no progressive lawyers involved in "helping" these "abused" migrants file their class action. Free food, free lodging and free transportation, how exactly were they abused? Was Brandon and Hunter on the bus with them?

The migrants were lured with promises that turned out to be lies upon arrival - such as the prospect of housing and jobs, according to the migrants and Alianza Americas, an organization that advocates for immigrants' rights.

Sounds like they should sue Massachusetts for lying about being a "sanctuary State"

DeSantis should sue them too.

posted on Sep, 21 2022 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

Sue for transportation costs

posted on Sep, 21 2022 @ 04:03 PM
link   
So somebody should be able to Sue Biden or boarder Force?

How utterly ridiculous, isn't it the left who says its ok to break the law? come in, then say ohh not here, sue them for being racist and refusing them

sue something
edit on 21-9-2022 by TritonTaranis because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2022 @ 04:07 PM
link   

And DeSantis wasn't mislead or tricked? They advertise themselves as a sanctuary city, how is it his fault if he believed them?

posted on Sep, 21 2022 @ 04:10 PM
link   
We need lawyers willing to make the biggest class action law sue against the dementia Joe administration by us the people.

For all the suffering, hardships and psychological nightmare that his open border is putting on us the taxpayer.

How about that,

This is a sign for any illegal to come to America and start Sueing for anything, guess what us is the hard-working taxpayer paying for this mother feckers invaders.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join