It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Voting system for the top threads on front page?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2022 @ 12:19 PM
link   
There are far too many politically orientated threads on the front page and its becoming tiresome. Some threads on ATS really are great and i understand that some such threads about politics do have people talking in them who are knowledgeable on the subject.

I propose a voting system,like something you'd see on David Lettermans of old Tonight's top ten list. There's enough members on this site to make it work well enough. It'd be great to see some of the most worthwhile threads showing up on the front page.

posted on Sep, 15 2022 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: mammothtank
There are far too many politically orientated threads on the front page and its becoming tiresome. Some threads on ATS really are great and i understand that some such threads about politics do have people talking in them who are knowledgeable on the subject.

I propose a voting system,like something you'd see on David Lettermans of old Tonight's top ten list. There's enough members on this site to make it work well enough. It'd be great to see some of the most worthwhile threads showing up on the front page.

Okay but only if Dominion provides the machines.

posted on Sep, 15 2022 @ 12:32 PM
link   

There are far too many politically orientated threads on the front page and its becoming tiresome.

Quick question...How many threads have you authored?

posted on Sep, 15 2022 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Not many this may be my first on this site.

posted on Sep, 15 2022 @ 12:36 PM
link   

The best way for ATS to have more top non-political threads is for someone to author them.

posted on Sep, 15 2022 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Yes but that would require said person sitting there day in day out authoring threads. This is not realistic. I can only suggest ideas, that is why i created this thread. Why i started this thread is because i see a problem, this site from my understanding at its core is about conspiracy topics and everything that goes with them. That can include politics. Im seeing a big imbalance on the front page which im sure is drawing possibly unwanted attention. The average person some govt employees included wont be sitting there all day sifting through threads they'd take a quick glance at the most popular threads and browse over them. Im trying to suggest a way to improve this. For example the thread about 'Site found in Mexico cartel drug cave pushes American habitation back to 30,000 years. ' looks awesome. That's the sort of thing that makes this site great.

posted on Sep, 15 2022 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

The best way for ATS to have more top non-political threads is for someone to author them.

they aren't wrong...

"Be the change you seek"

I believe this is the most pertinent fortune cookie quote.

That said skip the front page entirely and go to the forums that interest you, I can get lost in the cryptid and paranormal stuff for hours.

posted on Sep, 15 2022 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I'll check for replies rants suggestions martini recipes when i get up, well past my zzzzz time.

posted on Sep, 15 2022 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: mammothtank
I think there's already an implicit voting system in place, in the way threads for the front page are selected. I understand flags and stars are a factor. Perhaps replies? If the thread you want is not on the front page, this could mean either
a) Nobody has written it.
b) Nobody is reading it.

posted on Sep, 15 2022 @ 12:50 PM
link   
There is a link at the top called "new"
...maybe stop clicking it

You can already organize it how you like
Try archives etc...

You're missing out on all the juicy stuff

posted on Sep, 15 2022 @ 12:52 PM
link   

We dont have a "front page". Youre at "New Threads" . A compilation of all new posts/threads across the board regardless.

Create a new topic, or start elsewhere. When you visit.

posted on Sep, 15 2022 @ 12:52 PM
link   

edit on 15-9-2022 by scraedtosleep because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2022 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

Crazy notion.

posted on Sep, 15 2022 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

Wont happen. WE have no front page. We have LIVE, RECENT, NEW, TOP etc...tell me which one you think is the "main page"? Different on Mobile, pc too at times.

If we can ascertain from any Mod or Admin? Where is then, or which is then...our ATS FRONTMAIN PAGE?

Inquiring minds want to know

posted on Sep, 15 2022 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Ask and you shall receive..

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The flagged section are the threads with the most "votes.

posted on Sep, 15 2022 @ 01:02 PM
link   
How can you NOT talk about politicians crapping in the proverbial swimming pool, while injecting rc shutoff juice into society so they can cook your brain from the comfort of their bunkers when the 12000 year cataclysm hits shortly?

What should we discuss shadow people?
...That's kinda creepy

Anyway welcome to ats, Juan star for you!
edit on 9 by Mandroid7 because: Add

posted on Sep, 15 2022 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger
Actually there is an official "front page", found by clicking on the ATS icon top left. But if people haven't found it, that shows how unimportant it is.

posted on Sep, 15 2022 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7
There is a link at the top called "new"
...maybe stop clicking it

You can already organize it how you like
Try archives etc...

You're missing out on all the juicy stuff

Definitely agree with this too, search for and you will find it. FWIW definitely hit the archives even way back in 2003 we still had a healthy dose of politics.

As well as if you eliminate the Mud Pit, it is a better barometer as any topic can be dropped there as well as be in an alternative forum. Thus giving the illusion of more political topics just because somebody wants to argue a topic that has been covered already. Happens all the time, used to love the MudPit but now it's exhausting. Its there for those to rant and argue and it is great for that no doubt, but for me, the meat and potatoes are elsewhere.

posted on Sep, 15 2022 @ 01:56 PM
link   
If only we had a system…Like flags or stars? I’m just dreaming here, but maybe have a “live” page, where the threads created over a few days could be organized by how many flags or stars they have. We could call that section “flagged” and put them in order just below the newest section.

posted on Sep, 15 2022 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

Thnx D. I always start NEW...but not indicative of the other current topics elsewhere, I know that.

As a mod said, don't like the currents, start a few different topics yourself. ..n they'll pop up too...✌️

top topics

<<   2 >>

join