It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Photo of a "Black Triangle"

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Simulacra
I'm going to venture to say that the Belgian Triangle along with Shorty's UFO are the same craft.

Yes, i would say so also.

A search has told me there is a U.S airbase in Belgium. Somewhere called Brasschaat. The base name is AAF Brasschaat. I'm bad at geography at the best of times let alone Belgium geography so i dont know how close it is to the Belgium sightings.

Here are the joint US-AF/RAF bases in the U.K

RAF Alconbury Huntingdon

RAF Croughton

RAF Fairford Fairford

RAF Feltwell Thetford

RAF Greenham Common (closed 1992) Greenham

RAF Lakenheath Lakenheath

RAF Mildenhall Mildenhall

RAF Molesworth Huntingdon

RAF Upwood Ramsey

Royal Air Force Station Lakenheath, United Kingdom, is located 70 miles northeast of London and 25 miles from Cambridge. Nearly 5,000 US military personnel and 2,000 American and British civilian employees are assigned to the base. RAF Lakenheath is the largest US Air Force-operated base in England and the only US Air Forces in Europe (USAFE) F-15 fighter wing. RAF Lakenheath is home of the 48th Fighter Wing, equipped with two squadrons of F-15E and one squadron of F-15C aircraft. Lakenheath operates a regional medical center and oversees support services for nearby RAF Feltwell, home of Air Force Space Command's 5th Space Surveillance Squadron.

More info

It isn't very close to Scotland though. May be relevant though as it is the largest in the U.K.

Published: 07/11/03

From: the Peacewatchers at USAFs Fairford and Welford bases in the UK

Since Saturday, people in the Highlands of Scotland have been witnessing large movements of US warplanes overhead. Experienced observers say the large numbers are reminiscent of those that preceded the bombing of Iraq in 1998 and military strikes on Libya in the1980’s as well as the first Gulf War.

The source. With a bit more info

They seem a bit more worried about the U.S invading Scotland, but that isn't the point. The point is there are U.S planes active over Scotland.

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Well,

1)Judging by the pictures alone, without any further analysis, the two craft are the same (or at least of the same general design lineage).
2)However, it could very well be that someone made a model that was based on the belgian photographs and some of the TR-3 drawings that are out there. I imagine that it wouldn't be too hard to 'kitbash' a star trek model inorder to get some of the same shapes.

But, let's start to compare the two shots.
Differences:
1)The 'engine' lights are different colors, though this could be due to power output or camera differences.
2)The light from the 'engines' seems to smear or reflect along the hull as if the hull were made from nylon on the belgian ship, but the new photo shows lights that fire or beam straight downward. This difference could just be the result of an unsteady camera, so far as the belgian ship goes.
3)The 'nose' or 'bow' of the triangle in the newer picture seems to bulge outward towards the tip like a shark's head. The belgian triangle appears to have straight sides (though the wingtips are rounded at one point).
4)The belgian ship is smooth all around whereas the new photo shows a craft with angular details jutting out from the hull. This difference, though, might also be a result of a shifting camera.

Similarities
1)Both photos show triangular craft with three lights at the corners and one circular light at the center.
2)Both craft have rounded edges near their 'wing tips'
3)Both craft appear to be about the same size (though scale is difficult to judge with the belgian ship).
4)Both craft are apparently painted with the stereotypical 'stealth' color paint.
5)Both have center sections that appear to bulge outward slightly (where the center light is).

My conclusion is that this is either a model based on the belgian sightings or that it is of an actual ship that shares a design ancestry with the belgian ship.

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 01:54 PM
link   
It could be connect to RAF Macrihanish, if real. There's a fair few odd things happening up there.

www.black-triangle.co.uk...

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 04:56 PM
link   
I registered so i can post this. I have been reading these boards for a couple days now, and i should post my info when i saw the BT pic. A couple months ago, i was awake really late one night probly about 3-4am. Somehow i just got a feeling that something was attracting me outside. So i get up and go in front of my apt. All of a sudden over the trees across the way a block or two, approaches this triangular object. It was moving very slow, probably about 25 mph. And it was about 100-150 feet above the ground where i was standing. So this thing is flying south toward my way, and i go "i finally am seeing a UFO in person" Then this thing starts to go southeast somewhat and dissapears over my apt. This thing was defenitely a triangle and had the lights in the same way as that pic. Only the lights were orange colored. I want to see more UFOs now, lol.

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 05:38 PM
link   
I've seen mysterious objects in the sky before, VERY VERY Faint, orange lights too...

I could barely see it, but I did see it, it made no noise and traveled slowly at high altitude...

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 06:28 PM
link   
nice photo it kinda looks like something i saw in ney york

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Am I the only one who thinks it looks like a screen shot from a TV or something?

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 07:05 PM
link   
No, your not. The same thing came to my mind. If this photo is faked, that would in my opinion would be about the only way that they could do it. Its a really awesome picture, whether its fake or not. Thats a fact.

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 07:08 PM
link   
honestly from where im looking at it looks more computer generated to me then real, plus given its clarity i tend to stretch on the skeptical side. It poses the question if you saw that thing above you how steady would your hands be. The fact it is so clear, and from the guys story (apparently he was fishing), when there is virtually no site of stars in the sky. I dont know about this one. But the ship itself really looks way too perfect and clean to match up with the roughness of real objects. A common stymptons how of we can tell apart real objects from cg ones.

[edit on 5-4-2005 by antrage]

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 08:23 PM
link   
One thing for sure is they must definately know they are being sighted...

Things like thermal imaging and night vision is amazing to us but imagine what sort of sensors for detection and views the UFOs have.
If this story is to be beleived, then the Black Triangles must know that there was a guy in the forest. They would have probably spotted him miles away, and surely if this were some new military craft and they are going for the whole silent stealth fighter/bomber approach like F-117s...why the huge pulsating balls of light underneath that just seem to scream look at me!?
There has been sooo many black-triangle sightings, surely we will have the answer soon, one way or another ...?

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 09:07 PM
link   
i checked it in photoshop it looks real to me but the craft looks digitally made.

Also there was an x-files episode about aurora and the craft was almost identical to that one now that i think of it and EWK pointed out it looks like a shot off TV

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Anyone else notice what looks almost like a small person (small in comparison to the craft) standing to the left of where the forward light reaches the ground? This is not something on the brances but rather something on the ground beneath the craft...any ideas as to what it is?

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 10:05 PM
link   
If we're talking about the same thing it looks like the top of a rounded building...are there grain silos in Scotland near any of the candidate sites? Other domed buildings? (an observatory or radar installation, perhaps?) I don't think what I'm seeing is a person.

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 11:02 PM
link   
This certainly is an interesting photo.

Although I have witnessed three separate sightings of "UFO's" in 27 years, the only dubious part of this picture is the "string of sausages" that runs SW to NE and ends up in the top right hand side of the image.

All the other branches look natural, however that looks like it's man made.

Whether it's a rope that's holding the guy's tent up or a fishing rod or he is simply trying to attract some "sausage loving" animal by stringing sausages in the trees, I'm not sure...

Cheers

JS

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 12:08 AM
link   
The string of sausages as you put it attracted my attention as well... However after looking at it for a second it looks to me like barb wire with a camera very close to it.

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Sugarlump:

Hmmm...from looking at it and knowing what barbed wire looks like, I think you're right!

Oh well, I wonder if CNN is going to ask Q's about this one? LOL

Cheers

JS

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 11:18 PM
link   
I think it could be a secret aircraft/airship.

The slightly indented wing would be consistent with a more dramatic curve on
the upper side (which we can't see) for lift. Think of a very "fat' delta wing type aircraft.

However, this one appears to be designed for slow speed and slow speed means wider, fatter planes, like this.

The reason for the indented bowed in part in the middle can also be for stealth anti-radar reasons. For good stealth you do not want any straight edges or surfaces, as those will
give constructive interference and a strong radar return in one direction.

My best guess is that it is a stealth airship, a hybrid lighter than air ship for low-speed hovering for reconaissance. It is unclear what the bright circles are underneath. It is possible but unlikely that they are simply lights for use for daytime optical stealth at high altitudes, i.e. to appear to be 'as bright' as the blue sky.
Why they would be on at night is unclear, unless they double as some kind of low altitude auxiliary propulsion.

It is probably the same thing as the Belgian triangles. The reports of those disappearing at high speed are probably erroneous---this was reported by the radar of interception fighters. It is likely that the craft has some kind of advanced active ECM in case it does get painted by radar to make it appear to opponents that it is doing something it is not.

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 11:39 PM
link   
I vote on the film/television side of things, PhotoShop is good for doctoring images but it's nothing compared to Flame/Inferno, Maya and other programs like those. The object could have been digitally built and with the right filters and such in place a fully animated sequece could have been run that eliminates any pixelation and gives the proper effects for night dew/fog, lighting and tree movement.

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 02:52 AM
link   
I have to say that I agree with several posters here when I say that I think this is a clip from an old X-Files episode. I believe I've seen whatever that clip was a few years ago, but I just can't remember what the name of the show was.

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 08:47 PM
link   
This doesn't look consistant with a TV image, there is no sure signs that it was photographed from a TV image since there would be streaks from the refresh rate, also there would be a certain patern due to the way the screen images are build up, the TV images are NOT still images, they are generally at 50-60hz, perhaps more on some new models...a Plasma TV is a possbility...

the episode that featured a triangle TR-3B type aircraft was in the pilot of the X-Files I believe. it featured Seth Green in one of his first roles...

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join