It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Photo of a "Black Triangle"

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 10:12 PM
link   
after goofing around with the image a bit I think xu's wrong on one claim: it's pretty hard to see but the center light does have a cone of its own descending downwards. If you know how to use convolutions run this one:

[[-4,0,2,0,-4],
[0,-2,3,-2,0],
[2,3,5,3,2],
[0,-2,3,-2,0],
[-4,0,2,0,-4]]

and the center light's cone is much more obvious (and, actually, to scale and located correctly with respect to the other lights, too). Also, running that convolution gives the suggestion of a center disc in the triangle (you can see some of its shape and edges just a bit after you run the filter) which fits with some of the other posters' TR3B suggestions.

If a hoax this is pretty impressive, and not your run-of-the-mill photoshop job.

The one thing I'm having trouble figuring out, though, is the angle the craft would have to be at; if we're assuming the 'center ring' is actually a circle it's pretty elongated and asymmetric looking but I can't quite figure out which angle it's tilted at.

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Is it just me or does anybody else see two mystical creatures flying up to the craft? (used glowing edges filter)

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Contrary to popular belief it would seem, it looks to me as if it is indeed moving forward. Forward being the point furthest from the photographer. It seems that point is curved/tilted downward and the vapour in the air below the craft gives it the look of one moving forward. I do agree that it does have that "Made On Earth" look to it, it feels like an American endevour.

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by meshuggah1324
And another thing.... if this is the U.S. Government designed TR-3B from lets say Area 51, what the hell is it doing over in Scotland?

[edit on 4-4-2005 by meshuggah1324]

The US Government does a lot of its aircraft testing in the UK... remember, the UK is one of the US's strongest allies....

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 11:34 PM
link   
AS to what I know of Photoshop, this could be a fake... but if that is, that's a damn good one. The only potential, serious evidence that could point to the pic being a fake is the lighting of the object itself. While the pic was taken durign nightime, the object seems as much illuminated as if it was at dusk... But still it's no big issue since the UFO is very well illuminated from below by the four huge white lights and the smaller, colored ones.

Something that makes me believe it's real is the way the tree branches are getting blurry and thinner where they are crossing the object in the field of view. This is a normal optical effect that happens when a camera focus is concentrated more towards the object than the closer obstacles. This is an effect that if very complicated to make with programs such as Photoshop, especially to do it without affecting the texture of the object itself. Personally I never saw that being made by Photoshop.

Also, the blurry aspect of the object kinda understates the distance of it from the person that took the picture. If it would have been crystal-clear, I would have a good reason to doubt of the authenticity of that pic,

I think the only way that could be a fake is that they would have used a scale-model of the black triangle, put a few tiny branches between it and the camera, and do a meticulous job of adding realistic lights to the object by CGI.

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Has anyone any background on the photographer.

Considering how close it is to the ground the person must have a heack of a story to tell, with information such as noise, size, etc as well...

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Gee! That thing's REAL!!!

Jsut look at the light projection emanating from the third light... I mean the one from the corner that appears below all the others on a 2-D perspective. If you look close to it, on the right side of the light projection, you'll notice a "rainbow" effect!

THis could only have been generated by the moisture in the air. It's way too hard, and especially too meticulous, to have been intentionally put there. It looks too random, too natural for being a fake rainbow effect.

Wow! That's an awesome craft... I guess it's probably the best UFO pic ever taken in the history that I know.

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 11:46 PM
link   
never mind i've deleted my post, as it was already brought up.
spiderj

[edit on 4/4/2005 by Spiderj]

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Ok I looked at the properties from the image posted on the first page of this thread. It lead me to www.greatdreams.com... . With some further searching I found the report that contained the image. You can read their information and decide for yourself if it's real or not.

They do say that the original file name of the image found on the internet was 'ufotrix'. Considering that I'm a bit suspicious.

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 12:24 AM
link   
That site has a few people with some funny ideas. Not to be skeptic but the Pilot (#9) Further down the page seems to have some plausible ideas and other obviously fictional ones. Definetly not a true story.

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 12:30 AM
link   
I'm skeptical about it. I thnk whoever that would have taken that picture back in 2001 would have been all over the news with his pictures.

Also, why would there be only one picture. If you just happened to be out in the woods with a camera and there just happened to be a UFO, why would you only take one picture. I would run around it in circles taking pictures than take off running the hell out of there!

That would be terrifying by the way.

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Looks an awful lot like an outake from the ABC special

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lord Altmis
I'm skeptical about it. I thnk whoever that would have taken that picture back in 2001 would have been all over the news with his pictures.

Also, why would there be only one picture. If you just happened to be out in the woods with a camera and there just happened to be a UFO, why would you only take one picture. I would run around it in circles taking pictures than take off running the hell out of there!

You're absolutely right!!!
Why didn't he?

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfoIsPower

Originally posted by Lord Altmis

You're absolutely right!!!
Why didn't he?

Maybe it sped off. There are a lot of stories where ufos turn and leave after one or no photos can be taken of them. Although, most of them are most probably fakes and attention seekers. (The people who spotted them)

I think i read the bloke was on a fishing trip maybe it was the last shot he had. Unlikely but possible. Or batteries. It is often reported that batteries appear to run down quickly around ufos. Often they mess with electrical equipment.

Maybe he snapped one and then legged it.

There are lots of reasons why he may only of taken one. Maybe he did take more but only put the good photo up, the others may have been blurry.

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Here are some of the shots taken of the famous Belgian Triangle (for comparison):

Note that it has rounded 'tips' at the end of each 'wing'

Three tip lights and one central light, plus a 'bulge' around the central light

It doesn't appear to be a 'perfect' triangle (in the sense that it's 'wider' than it is 'long'), just like the photo at the top of this thread.

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by eudaimonia
Is it just me or does anybody else see two mystical creatures flying up to the craft? (used glowing edges filter)

Couldn't those just be the trees that are obstructing the view?

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Here are the two.

I borrowed from onlyinmydreams. So you don't have to go back and forth. Don't mean to step on your toes onlyinmydreams.

[edit on 5-4-2005 by shorty]

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard
(...)
They do say that the original file name of the image found on the internet was 'ufotrix'. Considering that I'm a bit suspicious.

ufotrix could also be a standard filename like: UFO+TRIangle X

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 10:46 AM
link   
I'm going to venture to say that the Belgian Triangle along with Shorty's UFO are the same craft.

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 11:07 AM
link   
My Edit

I might've given you guys the wrong convolution if it turned out all black n' inky like the guy'son this page. This is what I was talking about.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join