It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Remembering the significance of the 1981 hunger strikes in Long Kesh

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2022 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Iconic
If you ever get a chance, read this.

posted on Jul, 28 2022 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Iconic

We don't take lectures from Americans about British occupation in Ireland, when you have your own issues with your occupation of Native Anerican Indian land.

It's known as hypocrisy.

Thank you.

posted on Jul, 28 2022 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: surfer_soul

Well, you banged on about the Potato Famine, etc.

Old history.

Just asked you a question.

Don't get all upset about it.

posted on Jul, 28 2022 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

Sorry, the IRA weren't terrorists? Bombing civilians and kneecapping folk, and worse, wasn't terrorism?

Nail bombing pubs etc is "brave", is it?!!!!!

posted on Jul, 28 2022 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Iconic, Surfer Soul tell me is Vkusno i Tochka as bad as they, or is that propoganda too?

posted on Jul, 28 2022 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Even though the founder of the WEF has wrote a book called The Great Reset?

Hitler wrote that The Third Reich would last a thousand years.....look how that turned out.
All sorts of people write all sorts of books, make all sorts of claims and predictions.....very few turn out to be true or accurate.

That’s partly true but if you don’t think that there are these organisations actively working to shape the future in their own interests at everyone else’s expense your not seeing the whole picture.

Or maybe I just see the 'whole picture' from a slightly different perspective and viewpoint?

You're right that our party political system is broken and is certainly no longer fit-for-purpose, I've been saying that for years.
We obviously share some common ground and I can't find much to fault with the last paragraph you wrote.

But to get back to my initial point; there is no justification for the glorification of terrorists and trying to imply that those mentioned in the OP were trying to fight against the evil Illuminati/NWO/Bilderbergers/WEF is just simply wrong.

posted on Jul, 28 2022 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Not just wrong, it's a slap in the face insult to all their innocent victims, both dead, maimed and injured.

posted on Jul, 28 2022 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

All young men, boys in fact, caught up in a bloody civil war.

It wasn't a Civil War....it was terrorism.

They certainly died brave men though.

And how did their victims die?
You know, the one's blown to bits?
Or the one's who were kneecapped?
Or the one's forced from their homes for refusing to pay their weekly dues or for daring to marry someone from the other side?

I could go on but I know there is no point.

Those who call them terrorists are the same ones who support the military machine that not only colluded with terrorists but set up and funded terrorism and ran terrorist operations including bombings and shootings of hundreds of innocent civilians in Northern Ireland and many countries around the globe.

I call them terrorists, always have and always will.
Please tell me when I've supported 'the military machine' or 'colluded with terrorists'?
Please explain how I've 'funded terrorism'?

I remember the first time I visited Kilburn High Road.
Every single pub the 'tin' was being passed around for 'the cause' and people literally being forced to put money in or face beatings or worse.
Then the guy collecting the money drove away in a top of the range executive Jaguar.
How many 'terrorist operations' did that fund, how many innocent people died as a result of that?

It's what the Brits do. They divide or pick a side then conquer.

Silly me, I almost forgot about your rabid anti-British bigotry.

posted on Jul, 29 2022 @ 05:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

Well, you banged on about the Potato Famine, etc.

Old history.

Just asked you a question.

Don't get all upset about it.

And I asked you a question, does history matter or not? You keep claiming that it is irrelevant, when clearly it isn’t. I mentioned the potato famine once because we are lead to believe it was the blight and only the blight that was responsible, when in fact it was a genocide, brought on by the persecution of the Irish.

I also brought up the Birmingham six. Wrongly sentenced to life in prison,but let’s gloss over that eh? It’s just the crappy justice system.

posted on Jul, 29 2022 @ 05:24 AM
link   

And I asked you a question, does history matter or not?

If you learn from it history matters, else it's just another cautionary tale people choose to ignore.

As to our justice system being crap, well that's true enough in some respects, but was the Birmingham six convictions not more down to false police confessions and shoddy scientific evidence?

posted on Jul, 29 2022 @ 05:30 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake
Does 'history' make you learn to not trust authority?

Who writes the history?

edit on 29-7-2022 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2022 @ 05:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

Does 'history' make you learn to not trust authority?

Maybe not the best person to ask, I've always had problems with authority.

As to trust, well that's just giving someone a finite amount of time to let you down, hard to get by in the world without a modicum of such all the same.

Who writes the history?

History kind of writes itself, it does not happen just on pen and paper, but i take it your talking about who records such, which would be the victors in the past.

However, the information age in which we exist is somewhat changing the way we record historical events, so there is that.

posted on Jul, 29 2022 @ 05:46 AM
link   

However, the information age in which we exist is somewhat changing the way we record historical events, so there is that.

How is it changing?

posted on Jul, 29 2022 @ 06:03 AM
link   

The way we record information springs to mind for a start.

posted on Jul, 29 2022 @ 06:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

The way we record information springs to mind for a start.

How is it being recorded?

Have you heard of the 'Clydach murders'?
It appears info is not alway recorded.

posted on Jul, 29 2022 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Digitally and in numerous different formats.

What do any of these queries have to do with the topic of the thread all the same Itisnowagain?

Your murder for tangents sometimes so you are.

Do you choose to recognize the fact that the IRA amount to terrorist scum that killed innocents at the drop of a hat, or are you up for glorifying and romanticizing their spurious acts of depravity?

Edit:

Have you heard of the 'Clydach murders'?

Now that i Googled them i have, perp died in prison did he not?

Information seems to have been recorded, hence the fact that we are discussing such, just not maybe in the manner you wish.

A load of innocent people end up in prisons Itisnowagain, down to the limitations of our justice system.

Fact of the matter is a load of the poor sods that end up in jail(not murderers or terrorists) should be receiving mental health treatment as opposed to incarceration.
edit on 29-7-2022 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2022 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Digitally and in numerous different formats.

So are you saying history is more true and trustworthy if recorded digitally or other forms?

What difference does it make? Authority can change or omit stuff.

posted on Jul, 29 2022 @ 06:31 AM
link   

So are you saying history is more true and trustworthy if recorded digitally or other forms?

No you are saying that, im just endeavoring to tell you how we record history as opposed to in the past.

What difference does it make? Authority can change or omit stuff.

To who?

The point is there are many authorities in this day of age as opposed to the few of the past, which adds perspective, and that's always good.

Ive endeavored to answer your off-topic queries to the best of my ability, how about you try and answer my question now that you seem to have ignored.

Do you choose to recognize the fact that the IRA amount to terrorist scum that killed innocents at the drop of a hat, or are you up for glorifying and romanticizing their spurious acts of depravity?

Do you support the Provos or condone their actions?

posted on Jul, 29 2022 @ 06:55 AM
link   
I will carry on ignoring the question.

posted on Jul, 29 2022 @ 07:00 AM
link   

That's ok your silence speaks volumes.

Poor Itisnowagain loves to ask silly questions but refuses to reciprocate when asked to clarify a simple matter.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join