It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Remembering the significance of the 1981 hunger strikes in Long Kesh

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2022 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Brits enjoy the hospitality of the locals. It's what they do.

edit on 29-7-2022 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2022 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

I don't think people from our beloved island were the first to come up with beheading poor sods all the same.

Some context is probably required where that horrible picture is concerned.

Who when where why if the info is available might be nice.

edit on 29-7-2022 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2022 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Any excuse to spread and justify your rabid anti-British bigotry.

If I was to share images of the bodies blown to bits by Irish terrorists would that then justify any anti-Irish sentiment I may have - which I'm not?
Of images of Islamic terrorists such as ISIS/Al-Qaeda/The Taliban? Would that somehow excuse and justify Islamaphobia?
What about photo's of Nazi atrocities? Somehow excuse labelling all German's?
Or maybe the excesses and atrocities committed by Japanese/Chinese/Russia/French/Spanish etc.
Let's not get started on some of the atrocities carried out in Africa. Remember Rwanda? Do those barbaric acts somehow justify racism against people of African origin?

You seem to preserve your hatred solely for The British.

The sad truth is that every single nation and race on earth has committed horrific acts on other people's.
Its an all too common feature of the human race.

You express disgust at the barbarity of 'The Brits' whilst excusing and justifying the barbarity of Irish terrorists....that my friend is by definition hypocrisy and double standards of the highest order.

posted on Jul, 30 2022 @ 04:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

Any excuse to spread and justify your rabid anti-British bigotry.

If I was to share images of the bodies blown to bits by Irish terrorists would that then justify any anti-Irish sentiment I may have - which I'm not?
Of images of Islamic terrorists such as ISIS/Al-Qaeda/The Taliban? Would that somehow excuse and justify Islamaphobia?
What about photo's of Nazi atrocities? Somehow excuse labelling all German's?
Or maybe the excesses and atrocities committed by Japanese/Chinese/Russia/French/Spanish etc.
Let's not get started on some of the atrocities carried out in Africa. Remember Rwanda? Do those barbaric acts somehow justify racism against people of African origin?

You seem to preserve your hatred solely for The British.

The sad truth is that every single nation and race on earth has committed horrific acts on other people's.
Its an all too common feature of the human race.

You express disgust at the barbarity of 'The Brits' whilst excusing and justifying the barbarity of Irish terrorists....that my friend is by definition hypocrisy and double standards of the highest order.

The Brits terrorised 2/3 of the globe for centuries and in more brutal and imaginative ways than any terror cell could dream of. It's ok to acknowledge that the Birts were and still are terrorists and still export terror on a grand scale.

The Tans, the Auxies, the RUC, and the Brits all brought terror to the Irish Catholics both in the south and in NI. Millions starved, Deliberately.
All the Irish Catholics ever wanted was to have the same opportunities as everyone else. A house with decent living conditions, a job, a vote... all denied them because of who they were. ffs, Woman in the UK secured the right to vote some 40+ years before Irish Catholics could in NI. The whole system was gamed to keep them down in the mire.

The IRA forced the British government to the negotiating table and the Army and RUC inside their Armoured cars and Barracks.

You can freely throw the tag of terrorist at the Irish yet never once have you acknowledged the Brits were the biggest terrorist organisation on the planet for the past 400 years and more.

Brits = Terror. just ask the millions that survived their terror or read the unredacted history. They literally used starvation as their weapon of choice slowly murdering millions globally.

posted on Jul, 30 2022 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Again Britain did not come up with starvation as a weapon Soloprotocol as history clearly illustrates.

None of the above justifies the provos murdering and maiming innocents or carrying out terrorist attacks in the manner that the IRA are well known.

Have you ever sat down a spoke to the kind of people that support this nonsense?

The hatred is palpable and on another level.

Which is why we should all be thankful the troubles are over and cooler heads prevailed.

posted on Jul, 30 2022 @ 06:34 AM
link   

I assure you, I am aware of the injustices and atrocities carried out in Ireland, more so than you will ever realise.
I openly admit that the 'nationalist' communities had many justified grievances....but that does not excuse in any way the barbarity of the terrorist attacks against innocent people.

And it certainly doesn't excuse the way The Provos terrorised their own communities and revelled in the fear they provoked and the power they had over ordinary men, women and children who only wanted to get on with their lives the best they could same as anyone else.

I could tell you many stories, a couple of personal one's that I have never revealed to anyone on ATS.

Ireland is gradually breaking free from the evil sectarian bollocks that has held it back for far too long.
At some point you have to start moving forward.
Its time you did the same.

Support for the UK was actually growing in Northern Ireland, including in those traditional Nationalist communities, prior to Brexit and then when the whole world turned mad during and after Covid.
They saw the benefits of the Peace Process and were finally breaking free from The Troubles and ALL the horrors that went with it.

Nothing can ever justify the protection rackets, the complicity in drug and gun running, the kneecappings or the extortionism and racketeering.
Nothing can ever justify the blowing up of innocent people at Remembrance Parades, of nail bombings.
Nothing can ever justify Omagh or Enniskillen or Warrington or any of the other multitude of bombings where completely innocent people were deliberately targeted and killed.

Wrapping yourself up in hatred and bigotry will eat away at you and in the end totally consume you.

Trying to portray those who committed these acts as heroic freedom fighter is shameful.....and way, way wide of the mark.
They were at best manipulated by others who sought to control for their own nefarious reasons or more likely people inclined to use a 'cause' to indulge their own sociopathic tendencies and bigotry....or a mixture of all.
edit on 30/7/22 by Freeborn because: grammar and typo's

posted on Jul, 30 2022 @ 06:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Again Britain did not come up with starvation as a weapon Soloprotocol as history clearly illustrates.

None of the above justifies the provos murdering and maiming innocents or carrying out terrorist attacks in the manner that the IRA are well known.

Have you ever sat down a spoke to the kind of people that support this nonsense?

The hatred is palpable and on another level.

Which is why we should all be thankful the troubles are over and cooler heads prevailed.

Wrong. Just wrong. Whilst people starved to death in Ireland the British government was only too happy to allow the crops and livestock to be shipped over to Britain.

Churchill shipped millions of tonnes of grain from India whilst 4 million Bengalis starved to death. The same happened with the Irish famine. If it was blight affecting everything and everywhere then why wasn't England affected to the same degree as the Irish or other nations around Europe? I don't ever recall an English Famine, Do you?

No Mass starvation on English soil for the simple fact they used the Crops and livestock shipped from both Ireland and Scotland and India to feed their own at the expense of others. The only food the Irish were left to live on had already rotted in the ground.

"The Brits had gone in the mire to destroy us and our nation and down after them we had to go." Tom Barry.

You don't beg a brutal invading army for mercy. You #ing shoot them. Just ask the Yanks, the Irish, the Israelis, the mujahideen, and many more who have chosen to remove their colonial masters over the years.

You are all selective in how you define terrorism and who you define as terrorists.

posted on Jul, 30 2022 @ 06:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

I assure you, I am aware of the injustices and atrocities carried out in Ireland, more so than you will ever realise.
I openly admit that the 'nationalist' communities had many justified grievances....but that does not excuse in any way the barbarity of the terrorist attacks against innocent people.

And it certainly doesn't excuse the way The Provos terrorised their own communities and revelled in the fear they provoked and the power they had over ordinary men, women and children who only wanted to get on with their lives the best they could same as anyone else.

I could tell you many stories, a couple of personal one's that I have never revealed to anyone on ATS.

Ireland is gradually breaking free from the evil sectarian bollocks that has held it back for far too long.
At some point you have to start moving forward.
Its time you did the same.

Support for the UK was actually growing in Northern Ireland, including in those traditional Nationalist communities, prior to Brexit and then when the whole world turned mad during and after Covid.
They saw the benefits of the Peace Process and were finally breaking free from The Troubles and ALL the horrors that went with it.

Nothing can ever justify the protection rackets, the complicity in drug and gun running, the kneecappings or the extortionism and racketeering.
Nothing can ever justify the blowing up of innocent people at Remembrance Parades, of nail bombings.
Nothing can ever justify Omagh or Enniskillen or Warrington or any of the other multitude of bombings where completely innocent people were deliberately targeted and killed.

Wrapping yourself up in hatred and bigotry will eat away at you and in the end totally consume you.

Trying to portray those who committed these acts as heroic freedom fighter is shameful.....and way, way wide of the mark.
They were at best manipulated by others who sought to control for their own nefarious reasons or more likely people inclined to use a 'cause' to indulge their own sociopathic tendencies and bigotry....or a mixture of all.

Once again you stop short of labeling the Brits as Terrorists. Just say it. Repeat after me. "Britain has terrorized people all over the globe for centuries, Therefore that makes Britain a massive terrorist organisation".

Terrorists worse than the IRA, worse than ISIS ffs. All these groups learned from the Brits. You Terrorise us, we're going to Terrorise you.

How many Bombings and shootings in Northern Ireland were carried out by the Brits? How many warnings were ignored by the brits to allow maximum damage? Including Omagh. How many times did the Brit terrorist collude with Irish Terrorists in killing innocents, Miami Showband for one, How many weapons, bombs did the brits funnel into NI to keep the game going in the tit-for-tat war?.

posted on Jul, 30 2022 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Wrong. Just wrong.

Supporting terrorists who kill and maim innocents just because they got in the way, or were in the wrong place at the wrong time, and who knee-cap people for kicks and hoots is what is wrong imho.

You are all selective in how you define terrorism and who you define as terrorists.

Whereas you seem quite happy to champion the cause of religious zealots and terrorists.

As to the history you keep posting and harking on about by way of an excuse for their actions, we are all well aware of such, and you are also plainly aware of that, it does not excuse their actions, not one little bit or iota, certainly not in this day of age.

Put it this way following your spurious way of thought, the bastards responsible for the likes of the murder of Lee Rigby would be justified in doing so down to their extremist beliefs.

Because that's the same type of mentality and way of thinking that a lot of the provos share just in a slightly different flavor of evil.
edit on 30-7-2022 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2022 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Your hatred and sectarian bigotry will eat away at you and consume you.
Your refusal to move on is shameful and pitiful.

Being so consumed with hatred must be so tiring and mentally restraining.....I genuinely feel sorry for you.

Its Saturday, I'm going to watch some horse racing - probably lose some money - then I'm going to watch the football before going to see a band.....all with a few beers and a lot of mates of course.👍
You just continue to wallow in your own ignorance and hatred.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join