It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

7-26-22 Mega Millions

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2022 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: randomuser
Lottery money is like drug money. It’s cursed. You’ll live a happier and probably longer life not dirtying yourself with it.

A close relative of mine came into some "winnings".

You would not believe people coming out of the woodwork.
Relatives that had major fights to the point of unfriending them on FB all of a sudden were friendly,
EX's, you name it. People are weird and funny when money is involved.

posted on Jul, 27 2022 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I matched the gold ball, so I won $2! Woo hoo…there goes my chances, wasted on a $2 win.
My plan is place the winning ticket in a safe deposit box, see a lawyer and an accountant about creating LLC’s and trusts to hide the money enough…change my name and residency…hire a makeup artist to change my looks so when I’m photographed for the media, I am unrecognizable. Maybe I could get the winning ticket under the auspices of a company, and send a representative to get the winnings…lump sum, of course.
Then I’d set up my family with trusts, and live off the principle of the rest. I don’t really like to own much, so I would prefer to rent places here and there, move about the country. Have a staff of a few people to cook and look after stuff.

posted on Jul, 27 2022 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Waterglass
Since your now in Colorado...

I live in New Jersey.

posted on Jul, 27 2022 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Even though no one won the jackpot last night, 1 person won $3,000,000 and 8 people won $1,000,000. 36 people won $30,000 and 120 people won $10,000.
Prizes and number of winners

posted on Jul, 27 2022 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

That's what I thought as you used to hold the softball games prior to Covid-19. I read something that I thought you moved to Colorado. I recall we got into a dust up on welfare or "assistance" from USA and you wrote you felt that those whom are natives and born in South Carolina were lazy to the extreme.

Well, your were right to one billion percent. Lazy to the extreme

posted on Jul, 27 2022 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Waterglass
...those whom are natives and born in South Carolina were lazy to the extreme.

I said it's the moochiest state in the US by amount of Federal money it suck down.

posted on Jul, 27 2022 @ 04:16 PM
link   
If I won, I would want it to be completely anonymous. I'd give money to my family and some friends, but keep living pretty much like I do now. I wouldn't have to rely on Medicaid to pay for my hubby's nursing home anymore. I'd pay off my mortgage and buy a Toyota RAV4 to tool around in. As long as my hubby is alive, I will stay close to home.
edit on 7/27/2022 by ChiefD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2022 @ 11:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: randomuser
Lottery money is like drug money. It’s cursed. You’ll live a happier and probably longer life not dirtying yourself with it.

Well, besides the obvious positive things about winning a big lottery, there are negatives too. A reported

70 percent of lotto winners lose or spend all that money in five years or less.

13 Things Lotto Winners Won’t Tell You: Life After Winning the Lottery

Some lottery winners get murdered, commit suicide, lose their marriage and some regret ever winning.
Lottery Curse Victims: 7 People Who Won Big & Lost Everything

For some, it is one of the best things, if not the best, that ever happened to them. Cursed? No. But it helps if you have a good head on your shoulders.

posted on Jul, 27 2022 @ 11:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
a reply to: Blueracer

I would give away 750 million 1 million at a time.
So 750 people would each get 1 million.

That's always been my plan if I ever win the lotto.

When you first came up with that plan, it meant that you'd make 750 people very rich. Not so much anymore.

I mean, it would definitely help, but being a millionaire doesn't mean as much now as it used to.

posted on Jul, 28 2022 @ 07:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blueracer
The Mega Millions lottery is now at $830 million for tonight's drawing. www.megamillions.com...

Did anyone buy a ticket? What would you do if you won?

It is at $1B now. Bought a ticket yesterday.

If I won I'd build a house in a specific school district for my special needs grandchild to get the best education possible. They have the best resources for special needs children I have ever seen. I'd also buy his Dad a new car since he can only afford to repair/repair/repair his old car which isn't reliable due to medical bills. I'd give them 40% of the winnings, and my other adult child 30% of the winnings.

I'd buy a nice house and give $1M to my BFF whose husband shafted her big time by transferring all their $ into his girlfriends name before divorcing her, leaving her broke at over 70 years old. She had to sell her house as part of the divorce and lives in a tiny townhouse in a really bad neighborhood because that is all she can afford.

I'd give 10% of the winnings I get remodeling our local shelter for homeless families, and to a friend of mine's tiny house development for released prisoners who are broke and have nowhere else to go until they get on their feet.

My husband would get a new car and I'd update my modest home. I'd continue living as always, except maybe buy an RV.

edit on 7/28/22 by The2Billies because: addition

posted on Jul, 28 2022 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: CloneFarm1000
a reply to: EternalShadow

The odds of winning the lottery is 1 in 302 million.

The odds of winning are much higher than that... it's rigged.

Has anyone ever noticed New Yorkers or small northern states near NY are always winning?

The fix is in...🛠️

posted on Jul, 28 2022 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: imitator

originally posted by: CloneFarm1000
a reply to: EternalShadow

The odds of winning the lottery is 1 in 302 million.

The odds of winning are much higher than that... it's rigged.

Has anyone ever noticed New Yorkers or small northern states near NY are always winning?

The fix is in...🛠️

"always"? No. Which States Have Won the Most on Mega Millions?

In the history of the game, 26 states have won Mega Millions jackpots—some more than others! Is geography in your favor? Here are the luckiest states in America for hitting the Mega Millions jackpot.

As always, take this list with a grain of salt. South Carolina, for example, has only won 1 Mega Millions jackpot—but it was a pretty historic one. (#MegaBillions forever).

Plus, there are five states that don’t have state lotteries: Alabama, Alaska, Hawaii, Nevada, and Utah. Mississippi's state lottery is still relatively new—it began selling Mega Millions tickets in January 2020. Learn more about how to play Mega Millions here.

posted on Jul, 28 2022 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Well then... take a look at the recent winners. www.megamillions.com...

pretty odd... that NY or those near NY win a lot!

posted on Jul, 28 2022 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Well then... take a look at the recent winners. www.megamillions.com...

pretty odd... that NY or those near NY win a lot!

No one on that first page is from New York. Fixed? Apparently not.
edit on 7/28/2022 by Blueracer because: typos

posted on Jul, 28 2022 @ 11:39 AM
link   

I said or near NY... did you not see those small states like MA and RI or go through the other pages?

Rhode Island has a population of 1.09 million... Massachusetts is pretty small too.

Very odd for those areas, especially RI, and MA... seeing that everyone and their dog plays Lotto in Texas.🤣

FIXED!

Though, if I win the big money this week... I will admit I'm wrong. ; )
edit on 13071331pm312022Thu, 28 Jul 2022 12:13:51 -0500 by imitator because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2022 @ 01:39 PM
link   

I said or near NY... did you not see those small states like MA and RI or go through the other pages?

Rhode Island has a population of 1.09 million... Massachusetts is pretty small too.

Very odd for those areas, especially RI, and MA... seeing that everyone and their dog plays Lotto in Texas.🤣

FIXED!

Though, if I win the big money this week... I will admit I'm wrong. ; )

It's only fixed if I DON"T win.

posted on Jul, 28 2022 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: The2Billies

originally posted by: Blueracer
The Mega Millions lottery is now at $830 million for tonight's drawing. www.megamillions.com...

Did anyone buy a ticket? What would you do if you won?

It is at $1B now. Bought a ticket yesterday.

If I won I'd build a house in a specific school district for my special needs grandchild to get the best education possible. They have the best resources for special needs children I have ever seen. I'd also buy his Dad a new car since he can only afford to repair/repair/repair his old car which isn't reliable due to medical bills. I'd give them 40% of the winnings, and my other adult child 30% of the winnings.

I'd buy a nice house and give $1M to my BFF whose husband shafted her big time by transferring all their $ into his girlfriends name before divorcing her, leaving her broke at over 70 years old. She had to sell her house as part of the divorce and lives in a tiny townhouse in a really bad neighborhood because that is all she can afford.

I'd give 10% of the winnings I get remodeling our local shelter for homeless families, and to a friend of mine's tiny house development for released prisoners who are broke and have nowhere else to go until they get on their feet.

My husband would get a new car and I'd update my modest home. I'd continue living as always, except maybe buy an RV.

I may not agree with you on very much, but kudos! You have a big heart and are very kind and generous. I think your plan is awesome, and I hope you win the whole thing.

posted on Jul, 29 2022 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

At this point I agree with you one-billion percent and yes they are indeed lazy to the extreme.

posted on Jul, 29 2022 @ 04:14 PM
link   
They say you have better odds of winning the presidential election, so I bet Hillary is not buying tickets.

I’d buy land for a commmunity for friends and family that want to live there. Working the fields and shops there.

posted on Jul, 30 2022 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Somebody won the jackpot!

One ticket in Illinois won the second-largest Mega Millions jackpot of nearly $1.34 billion

I did not match even one single number.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join