It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putin's last warning

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2022 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

It is propaganda to state that Russia has captured territory larger than Belgium and Holland put together.

Belgium and Holland already border one another, you don't need to put them together.

As to borders well Russia is about to increases her own with NATO nations two fold once Sweden and Finland become member nations, so there is that.
edit on 9-7-2022 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2022 @ 07:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

well Russia has taken ground,but i doubt they will hold it longer than a few years at most. So temporary victories at best.

How do you think they will take it back and with what. They couldn't defeat the DPR &LPR. They couldn't retake Crimea.

Their casualty rates are atrocious. Their military industry is in shambles.

They reported up to 1,000 casualties a day. We lost about 60,000 men fighting in Vietnam over 10 years. About 6,000 a year. That was our last bloody war yet their casualties dwarf that.

Ukraine's population is about 43 million not subtracting refugees that fled. The US population during Vietnam was around 200 million.

Ukraine simply cannot sustain a prolonged war and if there is a ceasefire giving Russia time to entrench and fortify their gains...

I really would like to understand what your optimism of Ukraine taking back that land is based on.

posted on Jul, 9 2022 @ 08:24 PM
link   

The Ukrainians are once again fighting for their homeland under another murderous Russian regime. Russian troops are fighting to stroke Putin’s ego.
edit on 9-7-2022 by neutronflux because: Added and fixed

posted on Jul, 9 2022 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Not until 1995 did Vietnam release its official estimate of war dead: as many as 2 million civilians on both sides and some 1.1 million North Vietnamese and Viet Cong fighters

www.britannica.com...

Like how you only tell a half a tale out of context…

posted on Jul, 9 2022 @ 09:28 PM
link   

the US held afghanistan 20 yrs,and were better armed. Russia will have to deal with insurgency and traitors hiding in those two areas. Ukraine would be better served to just leave the donbas,and attack crimea instead anyway. By blowing the bridge first cutting them off.

posted on Jul, 10 2022 @ 04:01 AM
link   

You realise that Ukraine's population being 43 million, if Russia was ever to take the nation, military doctrine suggests that to secure and hold the country would require in excess of around 2.5 million troops to be permanently stationed there.

posted on Jul, 10 2022 @ 04:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

the US held afghanistan 20 yrs,and were better armed. Russia will have to deal with insurgency and traitors hiding in those two areas. Ukraine would be better served to just leave the donbas,and attack crimea instead anyway. By blowing the bridge first cutting them off.

Are you under the impression that they are trying to take the country?

Unlike Afghanistan, there is already a large part of the populace that wants them there so that is a really bad comparison.

The closest comparison is Crimea. They can leave Donbas if they want, They can also attack Crimea if they want. If they are suicidal.

They are unable to hold territories they spent years fortifying but for reasons you have yet to explain you think they can take entrenched Russian positions.

posted on Jul, 10 2022 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Do you actually know what " Front Line " means in Military Terms ?

The front line is the place where two opposing armies are facing each other and where fighting is going on.

The Russians have advanced a distance of 65 miles from their own border. That is the maximum distance to the " Front Line "

But you knew this of course.

The You Tube Channel you posted that vid from is all pro Russia and anti Ukraine.

You also knew that.

edit on 10-7-2022 by alldaylong because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2022 @ 04:51 AM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

My bet, is their supply line capability is roughly 65 miles.

posted on Jul, 10 2022 @ 04:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: alldaylong

My bet, is their supply line capability is roughly 65 miles.

There is a possibility that your assumption is correct.

posted on Jul, 10 2022 @ 07:17 AM
link   

There is no seems to be. They are winning hence Ukraine repeatedly retreating and giving up territory.

Pyrrhic victories.

Please tell me about your deep behind-the-scenes insights into what Putin and his cronies expected and how you came about that info? I bet they will mirror the MSM talking points because they really seem like MSM talking points.

Tell me about yours?
And no doubt you mirror those spouted by Russian MSM and its propaganda machines and outlets.

Pot = Kettle?

Based on the daily bombings and the 8 years of interviews with the people subjected to it.

Still, you refuse to acknowledge that Ukrainian operations throughout Luhansk and Donetsk were in response to a sustained period of intimidation, harassment and terrorism carried out by Moscow funded Russian Militias against ethnic Ukrainians whose families have/had lived there for generations and the Ukrainian government.

Sounds like you have only listened to what Ukraine claims and completely ignore the Minsk agreements that Ukraine refused to honor.

And you refuse to even acknowledge The Budapest Memorandum in which Russia pledged to respect Ukrainian borders and its independence and to NEVER invade Ukraine.

Once Putin became President he instigated a sustained programme of destabilising and undermining the Ukrainian government and state, all with the specific goal of reclaiming Ukraine as part of a Greater Russia.
Putin has never recognised Ukraine's right to exist at all or Ukrainian nationality.

I know the argument you are making and again it is one sided.

If true - which I dispute - its simple another case Pot meet Kettle.
But we'll let others decide on that.

"And yet again, none of that excuses the subsequent unprovoked invasion and all the needles sand senseless killing."

Another MSM talking point devoid of reality or insight.

How come?
Did Ukraine pose a threat to Russia?
Who invaded who?
Who started the wholescale death and destruction?
Why?

Its one of the most needless and senseless acts of war I've known in my lifetime and only serves to feed Putin's ego and dreams of a Great legacy.
Its obscene.

"Please explain to me the similarities."

I don't have the time or patience.

You made the claim, the onus is on you to offer some sort of supportive evidence and/or reasoning.
That you either can't or won't can only lead other members to come to their own conclusions as to you not doing so.....pitiful.

No one except the people who actually live there and had to face Ukraine that was acting like terrorists while they claimed they were fighting terrorism and they targeting civilians.

Still you refuse to acknowledge what the whole world knows; all Ukrainian actions in Luhansk and Donetsk were in response to a sustained period of Moscow funded terrorism carried out by Russian separatist and nationalist Militia's against the ethnic Ukrainian majority who had lived on that land for generations and against the Ukrainian government.

Was that response at times excessive?
Probably.
But that in no way gave Russia the right to invade and conduct a war against another independent country, a country it has sworn not to invade.

I don't care what you claim but dropping WP and cluster bombs on civilians is terrorism.

No.
So two wrongs make a right now?

Once again we are backing the "moderate Muslims" except now they are the "moderate fascists".

The only Muslims I see involved here are the extremist nutters Putin is getting to do his killing for him.

edit on 10/7/22 by Freeborn because: typo

posted on Jul, 10 2022 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: MiddleInsite
Putin is a murdering dictator.

He can say anything he wishes.

I'm still going to have a great weekend. I suggest everyone else try to do the same.

Have a great Friday!

True but he doesn't hold the world record for most children killed by drone strikes by a Nobel Peace Prize winner like obama.

posted on Jul, 10 2022 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: v1rtu0s0

Please take your hatred of Dems to another thread where it might be remotely on topic? Thanks in advance.

posted on Jul, 10 2022 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

What, you mean facts?

posted on Jul, 10 2022 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: v1rtu0s0

What has Obama got to do with the invasion of Ukraine?

Because in your opinion Obama was a twat it is therefore perfectly ok for Putin to invade Ukraine and kill thousands of people and be responsible for the displacement of millions?

Got ya.👍

posted on Jul, 10 2022 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

A lot. He organised the coup and installed the Nazi government.

posted on Jul, 10 2022 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: AlphaBat

Don't be silly.
A Jewish Nazi regime?

And how would that legitimise Putin's invasion?

posted on Jul, 10 2022 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Here is all I know with Putin....Should not start a NWO against Putin or it will end up in nuclear Armageddon at some point if it get's totally out of control or if it is the Bible Prophecy end times coming...

posted on Jul, 10 2022 @ 07:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jobeycool
Here is all I know with Putin....Should not start a NWO against Putin or it will end up in nuclear Armageddon at some point if it get's totally out of control or if it is the Bible Prophecy end times coming...

Doesn't matter how it happens.

It will be the fault of who ever presses the button first in the eyes of god.

When you pull back your perspective on this, it wont matter whose fault either after its all said and done lol.

So with this paradox of cause and effect, cant blame anyone when civilization is gone.

All i can ask is to at least look me in the eyes when you play chicken.

posted on Jul, 10 2022 @ 10:17 PM
link   

edit on Sun Jul 10 2022 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join