It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The mods are just giving out member info now[question mark]

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2022 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Djarums

I just had a thought. Is it possible the scammer doesn't actually have our email addresses, but is using Discord's messaging system? I believe there is a broadcast style invite function, but I don't know enough about Discord to know if it would produce emails of this type.

posted on Jul, 3 2022 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I got the email.

It came over an account not associated with ats and not one I have ever used to sign up for any web sites

I think they might have hacked ats to get the account information of users and spammed them.

I blocked the originator and reported it as spam.

posted on Jul, 3 2022 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: CthruU

Not the words i would have picked without evidence to back up that claim.

But the indvidual goes above and beyond to contact members off site , thats not a normal thing to do.

posted on Jul, 3 2022 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I don't understand how this:

originally posted by: beyondknowledge
It came over an account not associated with ats and not one I have ever used to sign up for any web sites

Can lead to this:

I think they might have hacked ats to get the account information of users and spammed them.

If they had hacked ATS they would have the email addresses that were used to register, not some other email address.

Or am I missing something?

posted on Jul, 3 2022 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I also received the Passtoreal email. It was sent to an email address that I use for Discord, and not the one that I use for ATS.

posted on Jul, 3 2022 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I got one as well. It may be the emails did in fact come from an alternate site some of us used during the time ATS was offline a few months ago. Either way not going to that website, I'd guess it has security issues

posted on Jul, 3 2022 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: ArMaP
I don't understand how this:

originally posted by: beyondknowledge

Can lead to this:

If they had hacked ATS they would have the email addresses that were used to register, not some other email address.

Or am I missing something?

I sign in by Google. I have two Google accounts. This email came to the other one. They might have traced it back through Google from ats information.

I think it might have began with information taken from ats somehow.

posted on Jul, 3 2022 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: vlawde

Yeah, I thought that may be a possibility....but I've never seen the annoying little prick posting on 'the other site' and as far as I'm aware its as secure as ATS and the owners and Mods seem pretty principled.

I also used the email account that was spammed to set up my ATS DIscord account and the spammer has been seen on there.

I don't for one minute think any ATS Discord staff etc are complicit in passing on email addresses but it MIGHT somehow be the source?

posted on Jul, 3 2022 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I looked around Discord and do not see a way to get email info for users. That doesn't mean there isn't away, just that I couldn't find it.

posted on Jul, 3 2022 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: tamusan

I posted a Discord theory here --> www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 3 2022 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I wondered about Discord as well.

Apparently you can unlock a lot more features by paying and I'm not doing that so I don't really know the full extent of what is possible.

Could there be an announcement feature of some sort for paying members? Maybe... I would have no idea. I honestly got Discord for ATS only. I'm sure others know far more about it.

posted on Jul, 3 2022 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Maybe use the force against him spam him to hell and register like mad and drive him nuts .

Then maybe someone will go online to the darkweb and get a script kiddie to unleash hell !

posted on Jul, 3 2022 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Interesting. It could be he got the information from multiple sources, including discord. Not from me though, I do not use discord but I also got the e-mail, so discord wasn't where he got my address.

posted on Jul, 3 2022 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I have checked a few of my email addresses that i have kept over the years and nothing luckily , Google was clean except for 10k ebay crap , yahoo the same ditto my old msn . so i do not think he/they have access to any stuff here ? time will tell

posted on Jul, 3 2022 @ 08:24 PM
link   
I have an ATS Discord account and have received no strange emails. That is all I have to say.

posted on Jul, 4 2022 @ 12:50 AM
link   

edit on 4-7-2022 by AutomateThis1v2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2022 @ 12:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: CthruU

originally posted by: AutomateThis1v2
but whichever mod decided to do so is a real jerk. Could have asked me at least.

So the mods on ATS are jerks because your SPAM email tells you your details were obtained on ATS?????

More likely you being so new here would make me think that you were more likely the untrustworthy one if anything.

Feel better now? Let's focus on the topic shall we?

posted on Jul, 4 2022 @ 01:00 AM
link   
I guess I'll check up on the "rogue" site amd see if anyone has said anything over there.

I've signed up to a plethora of conspiracy forums and have so many email accounts that I have to keep them saved in a folder of what they are and what they are for.

After checking more email accounts the only accounts the email went to were for this website, the rogue one, and very temporarily for Discord, but that one got banned. So, that may narrow it down.

posted on Jul, 4 2022 @ 09:06 AM
link   
I've never used discord, so that's not where my email addy was taken from

posted on Jul, 4 2022 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Not really. Nitro just allows you to use reacts from different servers and have bigger upload capacity. It's nothing that allows extra access to servers or specific member information. The closest thing to messaging @everyone and even then it'll only ping people who have that turned on.

There are safety settings that require a certain levels of account to join a server, send messages, etc... Mainly requiring a registered email, time limits, phone number verification. But even that doesn't give any of that info to the server admins.

Discord is rife with hackers and other ne'er-do-wells, so their security is pretty decent. I wouldn't pin a leak of our server's member info on them.

For what it's worth, both my ATS and Discord are associated with the same email address. I never signed up for any of the other sites that popped up. I did not get the spam email.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join