It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ukrainian Counterattack Pushes Russia out of Kharkiv

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2022 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: MiddleInsite
NOT, "we love Ukraine".

It's, "we don't like murdering dictators that invade sovereign democratic nations".

Get it right.

a reply to: glen200376

This is good. murder is wrong. despite the victim being a dictator. Joe must be very relieved

posted on May, 14 2022 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

originally posted by: Grimpachi
The great victory at pushing back a fixing operation on Kharkiv.

That is what it was and still is. To take any city, especially a fortified one you need at least a 4 to 1 ratio. Kharkiv is being tied up with a 1.2 to 1.3 ratio.

They did the same thing with Kyiv when they were taking Mariupol. I know MSM keeps claiming they tried to take Kyiv and failed but that is a lie. They never had more than a 1.2 superiority ratio of forces there.

Kharkiv is a fixing operation, keeping forces in place so they can't move to the Donbas region and reinforce them.

These are the same tactics they used in Syria. They open up many fronts and concentrate in one region while those other fronts are there to keep other forces in place.

They recently took Popasnaya. They are currently trying to take Bakhmut. If they succeed in Bakhmut they have a clear shot to encircle and cut off the forces to their south and north.

Just look at a map and the road systems to see what their objectives are.

This is interesting. I never thought of this myself and I don't see any holes in the logic of it.
Can anyone here give a reason why grimpachi is wrong?

One. Either the Ukrainian needs “denazified” is a lie the individual supports. Why would Russia stop the invasion of Kyiv if it’s a hot bed of nazis.

Or two. Russia really couldn’t drum up the support and morale to take over Kyivx

Either way. Grimpachi Is caught up in Russian falsehoods.

posted on May, 14 2022 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra
I suppose you forget how great things are going for the very moderate rebels in Syria currently.

edit on 14-5-2022 by vNex92 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2022 @ 08:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: angelchemuel

Sometimes yes, sometimes no.

Seems the Ukrainians are more than willing to keep fighting, but they'd, understandably so, would rather not have more of their country destroyed by invaders...

You are right. The most that are willing to keep fighting are the far right soldiers that are within the national guard. The former Ukrainian president said it before they are patriots not fascists.

But they are far right neo nazis which are mixed within the national guard and police.

posted on May, 14 2022 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: vNex92

Tell me again how long they have fighting?

posted on May, 14 2022 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: choomsuba

I know, asking Putin to be rational and not continue to wage war, how silly.

posted on May, 14 2022 @ 09:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: choomsuba

I know, asking Putin to be rational and not continue to wage war, how silly.

Given the ruSSians are trying to cross the Donets... for a TENTH time today, after losing 70+ tanks/vehicles and god knows how many men already in the attempts... aint nothing rational about ruSSia.

Apparently the last lot refused to cross, so they are bringing in a new group for this tenth go... given the pictures of the location over the last 7 days at this rate they might have enough muddy and sunk tank shells in the water to form a bridge.

ruSSian style! **two thumbs up**

posted on May, 14 2022 @ 10:37 PM
link   
staff edit
edit on Sat May 14 2022 by Jbird because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2022 @ 02:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: vNex92

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: angelchemuel

Sometimes yes, sometimes no.

Seems the Ukrainians are more than willing to keep fighting, but they'd, understandably so, would rather not have more of their country destroyed by invaders...

You are right. The most that are willing to keep fighting are the far right soldiers that are within the national guard. The former Ukrainian president said it before they are patriots not fascists.

But they are far right neo nazis which are mixed within the national guard and police.

Funny.

The entire country of Ukraine appears to be quite upset about what russia is doing to Ukraine, other than the few russian actors that russia finds to say otherwise anyway of course.

Most of the world is pretty upset too.

edit on 15-5-2022 by PatriotGames4u because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2022 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Haven't forgotten anything.

Did Russia invade the Ukraine about a month, or so, ago?? It's really a very simple question.

posted on May, 15 2022 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: BigfootNZ

BTR-82A and BMD-4M are amphibious. They don't need a ridge to cross a river. However, they do need a bridge to bring main battle tanks over.

posted on May, 15 2022 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: muhfuzzball

BTR-82A and BMD-4M are amphibious. They don't need a ridge to cross a river. However, they do need a bridge to bring main battle tanks over.

Some of your main battle tanks are amphibious, too.

But not in a good way.

posted on May, 15 2022 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Russia still hasn't yet mobilized their main forces that they used in Syria yet. The T90 tanks had been had tested in Syria from the combat footages i had seen.

It doesn't look like the T 90's are much better than the rest, and they appear to have the jack in the box turrets just like the 72' and 80's.

Russia is losing its newest T-90 main battle tanks in Ukraine

Check out the video at this site,

In fact, so much Russian military equipment was left abandoned that Ukrainian authorities even declared that anyone who took possession of such equipment did not need to declare it for tax purposes.

Why Is Russia Losing So Much Military Equipment In Ukraine?

and from this site keeping track of both sides,

Russia - 3675, of which: destroyed: 2034, damaged: 74, abandoned: 283, captured: 1284

Tanks (671, of which destroyed: 361, damaged: 21, abandoned: 48, captured: 239)

19 T-90A: (1, destroyed) (2, destroyed) (3, destroyed) (4, destroyed) (5, destroyed) (6, destroyed) (7, abandoned and later destroyed) (8, abandoned and later destroyed) (9, abandoned) (10, abandoned) (11, captured) (12, captured) (13, captured) (14 and 15, captured) (16, captured) (17, captured) (18, captured) (19, captured)
1 T-90M: (1, destroyed)

Attack On Europe: Documenting Russian Equipment Losses During The 2022 Russian Invasion Of Ukraine

and their Ukraine Page
Attack On Europe: Documenting Ukrainian Equipment Losses During The 2022 Russian Invasion Of Ukraine
edit on 15-5-2022 by BernnieJGato because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2022 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: muhfuzzball

BTR-82A and BMD-4M are amphibious.

They are designed to be amphibious. However, due to neglect of maintenance and out right corruption, most do not have this capability.

There are reports (and video) of ERA modules being filled with egg crates, the explosives having been sold on the black market.

They have a great many machines, but they do not last very long. A fitting end for the Orc army.

posted on May, 15 2022 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Evenflo
a reply to: muhfuzzball

BTR-82A and BMD-4M are amphibious.

They are designed to be amphibious. However, due to neglect of maintenance and out right corruption, most do not have this capability.

There are reports (and video) of ERA modules being filled with egg crates, the explosives having been sold on the black market.

They have a great many machines, but they do not last very long. A fitting end for the Orc army.

russia usually loses their amphibious vehicles to Ukrainian fire as soon as the pontoon as spotted anyway.

As well as the russian pontoon bridges, several of which were destroyed in the past week alone.

posted on May, 15 2022 @ 11:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: muhfuzzball

Im unsure if youve seen the satellite/drone imagery im talking about... they've tried multipal times to get bridges set up in one location and each time they are shelled to hell and back. With groups of burnt out tanks on either side of the river, along with a remarkably laughable scene of around 8-9 tanks up to the tops of their treads clustered up half in and half out of the water burned and smashed to pieces...

The most recent image of the area ive seen (2 days ago) shows around 6ish very large tanks have been added to the wrecks clogging up the river crossing they attempted to cross at the same spot, all of them are now abandoned mid river with just their turrets above water. From what i read about that attempt they spun their turrets around backwards and just went for it... but simply got half way before they had to get the hell out of their bogged down tanks and the shells started falling.

Not sure of the veracity of one part of these crossings I heard a couple of days ago though, supposedly told by a prisoner taken during one of the latter attempts to cross. The Ukrainians asked them why the hell are you still crossing? basically he said their commanders told them to do it, and that they were told all the destroyed tanks they were passing were Ukrainian tanks the ruSSians had destroyed and the Ukrainians had painted Z's on to fool them... if true, i just cant not laugh at the ruSSian military.

Senseless waste of material and ruSSian soldiers... god i hope the recent rumors of serious murmurs in the ranks for the ruSSians is true.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join