It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ukrainian Counterattack Pushes Russia out of Kharkiv

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2022 @ 08:03 AM
link   
The Russian attempt to take Ukraine's second largest city Kharkiv has been thwarted by counterattacks mounted by Ukrainian forces , the mayor of Kharkiv has told the BBC that Russian forces have "withdrawn out far from the city area in the direction of the Russian border,”

The mayor of Kharkiv, Ihor Terekhov, has told the BBC that the Russians have withdrawn from the Kharkiv city area in the direction of the Russian border.

He says that Russian troops had only ever managed to enter a small part of the key north-eastern city once, and were not there for a long time.

"The Russians were constantly shelling Kharkiv because they were staying very close to the city. And due to the efforts of Kharkiv territorial defence and Ukrainian Armed Forces, the Russians have withdrawn out far from the city area in the direction of the Russian border,” he says.

"Now it is calm in Kharkiv and people are gradually coming back to the city. We provide water, gas and electricity supply to all the citizens. However, unfortunately, many residential buildings are destroyed or damaged. So, in the future we will have to do huge reconstruction.

"There was no shelling in the city for the last five days. There was only one attempt from Russians to hit the city with a missile rocket near Kharkiv airport, but the missile was eliminated by Ukrainian Air Defence."
www.bbc.co.uk...

Reports of Russian forces having their tails between their legs as they retreated are yet to be confirmed.

+3 more 
posted on May, 14 2022 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Seeing as how most ‘news’ coming out of the bbc regarding this topic is debunked within 24-48 hours.....

I would sooner trust a gas station burrito fart.

posted on May, 14 2022 @ 08:19 AM
link   
It seems like the fake US administration blinked first.
The US Sec. of Defense contacted his Russian counterpart yesterday for the first time since before the invasion.

He asked the Russians for an immediate ceasefire.

So I guess the USA calling the shots and not Zelensky, meaning US direct involvement in the conflict.

Go figure!

posted on May, 14 2022 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Oh great,maybe the "we love Ukraine " lunatics will give it a rest.
The only thing about it that I care about is my tax pounds being spent on arming scummy Eastern Europeans.Let them fight all they want but why the hell Boris Bunter thinks normal people want their,not the government's tax money spent there to hide the money laundering truth coming out.

posted on May, 14 2022 @ 08:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cancerwarrior
Seeing as how most ‘news’ coming out of the bbc regarding this topic is debunked within 24-48 hours.....

What a surprise that the op uses BBC as his source.My opinion of him along with other British loonies on here was low as it was.

posted on May, 14 2022 @ 08:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: choomsuba
The US Sec. of Defense contacted his Russian counterpart yesterday for the first time since before the invasion.

So I guess the USA calling the shots and not Zelensky, meaning US direct involvement in the conflict.

Go figure!

I can verify your information. For some reason this was not translated into English.

The heads of the military departments of Russia and the United States held telephone conversations

13.05.2022 (18:40)

Today, the Minister of Defense of the Russian Federation, General of the Army Sergei Shoigu, had telephone conversations with the head of the military department of the United States of America, Lloyd Austin.

Topical issues of international security, including the situation in Ukraine, were discussed.

The conversation took place at the initiative of the American side.

function.mil.ru...

As far as I understand, Western propaganda is doing its best to convince Westerners (especially Europeans) that the Russians will surrender very soon and therefore the Western population only needs to endure the inconveniences that are now happening in their lives a little more.

From this task come all the news about Putin's illness, about the possibility of mobilizing in Russia, about the successes of the Ukrainian army, and so on.

posted on May, 14 2022 @ 08:28 AM
link   

they way you articulate your thoughts and paint a picture with words is admirable.

may I just say, yuk.

posted on May, 14 2022 @ 08:30 AM
link   
The US requesting an immediate ceasefire from Russia is a sign of weakness and defeat on the part of the USA, NATO , and Ukraine.

This is not propaganda

posted on May, 14 2022 @ 08:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Cancerwarrior

Russian troops are withdrawing from Ukraine’s second-largest city after weeks of heavy bombardment, the Ukrainian military said Saturday as Kyiv and Moscow’s forces engaged in a grinding battle for the country’s east.

Ukraine’s general staff said the Russians were pulling back from the northeastern city of Kharkiv and focusing on guarding supply routes, while launching mortar, artillery and airstrikes in the eastern Donetsk region to “deplete Ukrainian forces and destroy fortifications.”

Ukrainian Defense Minister Oleksii Reznikov said the country was “entering a new — long-term — phase of the war.”
www.timesofisrael.com...

Enjoy your burrito , and the side salad of ignorance.

a reply to: glen200376

My opinion of him along with other British loonies on here was low as it was.

I can't tell you how little I care what your opinion of me is , although it probably matches my opinion of you.

posted on May, 14 2022 @ 08:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: turretless

Go figure!

I can verify your information. For some reason this was not translated into English.

The heads of the military departments of Russia and the United States held telephone conversations

13.05.2022 (18:40)

Today, the Minister of Defense of the Russian Federation, General of the Army Sergei Shoigu, had telephone conversations with the head of the military department of the United States of America, Lloyd Austin.

Topical issues of international security, including the situation in Ukraine, were discussed.

The conversation took place at the initiative of the American side.

function.mil.ru...

As far as I understand, Western propaganda is doing its best to convince Westerners (especially Europeans) that the Russians will surrender very soon and therefore the Western population only needs to endure the inconveniences that are now happening in their lives a little more.

From this task come all the news about Putin's illness, about the possibility of mobilizing in Russia, about the successes of the Ukrainian army, and so on.

If you read further in the article, it clearly states that SEC of Defense requested an immediate ceasefire, they tried to burry that part of it and tge MSM isn’t touching this news.

posted on May, 14 2022 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: turretless

Nobody is expecting Russia to surrender so your claim is without merit although the longer Russian losses go on the greater the chance of a Coup from within the Kremlin.

Regardless of Putin's health status this calamity he has brought to Russia will likely be the key to his demise.

posted on May, 14 2022 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Some news outlets are starting to pick up on this story, and some are leaving out the part where Sec of Defense requested an immediate ceasefire.

www.washingtontimes.com...

posted on May, 14 2022 @ 08:49 AM
link   
a reply to: choomsuba

How is calling for a ceasefire a bad thing , isn't that what we all want ?

posted on May, 14 2022 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

Everyone wants different things. I'd say most people just want the conflict to end so we can just go back to dealing with the original economic black swan event instead of dealing with two.

But there appears to be a sizeable group who are just playing contrarian. I can't tell if they have a static outcome they want, seems more like they just inverse whatever the west wants at any given moment.

posted on May, 14 2022 @ 08:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

It is a good thing.

It also cuts through all the Sabre rattling and fake propaganda bouncing around out there in the MSM media.

posted on May, 14 2022 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: glen200376

What a surprise that the op uses BBC as his source.My opinion of him along with other British loonies on here was low as it was.

Doh, you have also used the BBC as a source (2 of your 3 threads), how have you since corrected your own case of 'loonies'?

Falklands referendum: Voters choose to remain UK territory

Ex Prime Minister Baroness Thatcher Dies.

posted on May, 14 2022 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Some news outlets are starting to pick up on this story, and some are leaving out the part where Sec of Defense requested an immediate ceasefire.

www.washingtontimes.com...

Where are you Siberia or North Korea? it's all over the news.

FWIW I hate how our government has handled this but I see nothing wrong with calling for a ceasefire. As for a weakness, Russia's abysmal performance more than supersedes any perceived weakness by America/NATO to call for a ceasefire.

Not to mention It fits with my pet theory, that this is nothing but a send aid and get a kickback money grab by numerous American and NATO politicians. From Biden on down anything destroyed in Ukraine will get rebuilt and no doubt companies with ties to many members of the world politics will get loads of contracts.

It's pretty much like what Dick Cheney set up in Iraq and Afghanistan, grease a few key Democrat's palms and there won't be too much of an issue politically. How do you think Pelosi, Schumer, and others got rich? Biden probably got wind of it as well.

IMHO

www.grassley.senate.gov...

www.rawstory.com...

The official added that the US call for a ceasefire was not a change in US policy toward the war, even as Washington has said it wants to support Ukraine with arms and funding in a longer effort to weaken the Russian military.

"Our call for a ceasefire is very much in line with what other allies and partners want to see happen," the official said.

French President Emmanuel Macron recently urged the two sides to negotiate a settlement.

On Friday German Chancellor Olaf Scholz asked Russian President Vladimir Putin in a call to agree to a ceasefire and negotiations, according to his office.

Scholz called for a ceasefire "as soon as possible to improve the humanitarian situation and make progress in the search for a diplomatic solution to the conflict," his office said.

posted on May, 14 2022 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: UpThenDown

Touché

posted on May, 14 2022 @ 09:37 AM
link   
NOT, "we love Ukraine".

It's, "we don't like murdering dictators that invade sovereign democratic nations".

Get it right.

a reply to: glen200376

posted on May, 14 2022 @ 09:42 AM
link   

It also cuts through all the Sabre rattling and fake propaganda bouncing around out there in the MSM media.

There's plenty more of that propaganda being spread by our Russia sympathising friends , much of what the MSM have written has been on the money so far.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join