It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SHTF has arrived

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+20 more 
posted on May, 6 2022 @ 07:41 PM
link   
To all the anti-preppers and naysayers, the SHTF is happening as we speak. Many of you may not know it but your world is getting ready to turn upside down and it's not just in the USA. We still haven't recovered from the Covid lockdowns and probably won't for years.

I've been reading comments from truckers under a YT video and you wouldn't believe what is happening TODAY and YESTERDAY and will be happening TOMORROW. I haven't even watched the video yet but the comments tell it all. These are NEW comments, not weeks or months old.

Trucking companies and Independents cant find parts to repair their rigs
Trucking companies and Independents can't afford the gas - which leads to the next point
Cost of delivering items is more than what the items are worth
For all the whatever reasons, product unavailability on so many things
Manufacturing at a standstill due to lack of employees or product
Purchase limits at many Walmart and Costco stores
Ships are still sitting in harbors with tons of product
The housing bubble is getting ready to pop (again!) and people aren't able to sell their houses.

If you didn't believe in prepping before, you should seriously consider it now. Get as independent at you possibly can. If you live paycheck to paycheck, I feel for you.

Here are some of the comments but of course, it's better to go and read yourself.

It's not just trucking. My DH works for a Railroad. They're having to shelve more and more switching-related equipment because the can't get parts or chips. Repairs and new installations are way down because of it. Finally, it looks like they may be going on strike.
Couple this with the impending trucking disaster, and mull it over a while. Not good.

I have two uncle's who are long haul truckers and they have already had to quit because they were LOSING more money than they were making.

My husband and I are Over-The-Road Truckers for 15 years, and we broke down in Arizona 10/2021 (we live in Florida) and we couldn't get the part for over a month. We rented a car, drove home to Florida, waited for the part, then when it finally came in a month later, they said that there wouldn't be any more of that part for 6 months to a year because it was on NATIONAL BACKORDER!!! We basically lucked out! We rented another car and drove the part back to Arizona, he fixed the truck, then we decided we did not want to be in this situation ever again and when we got home, November 2021, we put the truck up for sale and sold it in 1 day. We are now retired from trucking, and the Kenworth Dealership in my city said there are over 200 trucks parked in the back parking lot with NO PARTS available and the truck drivers are going bankrupt! I thank God every day that he gave me the courage to sell when we did or we would be in the same shape as the other Truckers. We are so blessed, but not everyone is so lucky. The entire ordeal, rentals, parts, repairs, and fuel/gas to get back home cost us $12,000 out of pocket. We are done. Now more and more truckers are doing the same thing. Soon there won't be any trucks to deliver your products and then the food shortages will get worse and then the SHTF will begin.
I'm a mechanic for a trucking company in the US's top 60. We started refurbishing our trucks about a year ago because we cannot get new trucks. We began replacing the engines with remanufactured engines when they reach approximately 900,000 miles. Within the last 2 weeks, I learned that remanufactured engines will take us about 6 months to get now. The trucking industry as a whole is feeling the affects of attrition, the older drivers and mechanics are retiring...

I'm a public safety employee for an inner metro Detroit Suburb and I can say we are starting to experience problems keeping our fleet up and running. The police department was told there would be a 6 month delay for any new patrol vehicles by Ford. GM and Chrysler would not even give a time frame on delivery and these quotes were before the war kicked off. We have only one police car grounded waiting on a $20 replacement part for the cooling system. However, we are expecting this to become a much bigger problem as the year goes along as our police fleet is aging and the supply chain continues to degrade. The fire department has a newer fire engine but its been a lemon since they got it 5 years ago. The ambulances are aging as well. Eventually shortages will rear their ugly head for emergency services as well.

edit on 6-5-2022 by StoutBroux because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2022 @ 07:43 PM
link   
/yawn

Again?

really?

+17 more 
posted on May, 6 2022 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: baddmove

Even a blind squirrel gets an acorn once in a while.

And yep, yawn all you want. It's not maybe...or sometime. It's NOW! Read the room....er, you know.

posted on May, 6 2022 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux

The dow jones will tell you all you need to know.

When peoples retirement goes south, so will the society.

+9 more 
posted on May, 6 2022 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Well the Biden administration is doing all they can to fuel a collapse and I’m thinking the One Word Order

posted on May, 6 2022 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

If the trucks sit for too long without use, the problem will compound, then the batteries will be stuffed, and the bores will rust up. At this stage, it looks like a parked-up truck is heading for the knacker's yard. Didn't Podesta do a simulation of a supply chain crisis? it is all going according to plan. I don't think that we can afford the modern world, there are alternatives but they have been checkmated by legislation, like an upgraded Sentinal steam lorry.

edit on 6-5-2022 by anonentity because: (no reason given)

+8 more 
posted on May, 6 2022 @ 08:39 PM
link   
All done on purpose to force the switch to self-driving trucks . Klaus shwabby boy himself talks about the 'fourth industrial revolution'. This is all planned to happen right from the start, they planned this together with the plandemic.

+32 more 
posted on May, 6 2022 @ 08:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: baddmove
/yawn

Again?

really?

WTF? Yawn?
You think it’s not happening or something?
These Democrats are destroying this country, the policies that the Biden dumpster fire administration has implemented are causing these problems.
We were oil independent under Trump, now this asshole Biden has set us back 50 years to satisfy his radical Leftist goons because of “climate change”…which only exists in the fantasyland of the Leftists.
Gas here is $2+ more per gallon than it was when Trump left office, diesel fuel is closing in on $6/gallon.
How #ing long do you think the supply chain can be sustained with prices like that?

+14 more 
posted on May, 6 2022 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Government policies are creating a recession to kill off success and the middle and lower class 🦇

+1 more 
posted on May, 6 2022 @ 08:55 PM
link   
The global supply chain has been on the brink since the first lockdowns....it was on the horizon before then.. it ran with small margins, political restraints & red tape, impossible customer SLA's & over worked and underpayed people worldwide.
Nothing of same volumes pre covid manufactured world wide.
Then countries create more fiat currencies during lockdown....not backed by anything and not created from manufacturer... causing the currency to devalue...
Scarcity of product and countries with devalued currencies....

There is a risk assessment I'm sure that would have the above mentioned, danger to societal normality pressure points, entitled: grow your own veg and learn to pickle & Jam....

Add to this Russua & Ukraine... wheat supply / steel / gas etc... all nearly stopped completely coming into Europe... then there is def cause to keep a whether eye on course of events.

BUT...... there is always something.... always.....

There is no point being frightened of fear....

If your thinking about the past or your mind is looking to the future... then you're not getting the point....
Life is now. Not the past or future. Live and have your mind in the present... now.... cause this time... now... is life.

posted on May, 6 2022 @ 08:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: ancientlight
All done on purpose to force the switch to self-driving trucks . Klaus shwabby boy himself talks about the 'fourth industrial revolution'. This is all planned to happen right from the start, they planned this together with the plandemic.

Well, how are the self driving trucks supposed to get made when parts can't get delivered to factories to build them? The cart is being put about five miles before the horse on this one.

posted on May, 6 2022 @ 09:08 PM
link   
The Chinazon (Amazon) business model is likely to suffer here pretty soon as well. Too many useless items being delivered and there soon to be much less available. If you stock in that balloon, now's the time to offload it.

+16 more 
posted on May, 6 2022 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Maybe the world shouldn't have outsourced all their manufacturing to China.
Maybe countries should produce what they need in their own nation.

Maybe Americans shouldn't have sold their businesses, steel mills, clothing shops, engine machining shops, autoparts manufacturer plants, and microchip plants to China. (And more)

I guess smacking people in the face 50 years ago would have helped. But looking back, everyone sold their souls to the "global economy" for cheap goods and higher profits. Americans in particular don't manufacture much of anything these days. That's the major issue.

We all think it's fine and dandy until it's too late.

The guy in the video is right.
We all need to prepare.
Looks like the fun times are over.

posted on May, 6 2022 @ 09:33 PM
link   
My local Dollar (and a quarter) Tree is out of helium until further notice. Not that I ever bought one but they did sell quite a bit of Mylar balloons every day. Not now.

And they keep running out of shopping bags which they could probably capitalize on by selling cheap reusable nylon bags.

posted on May, 6 2022 @ 09:35 PM
link   
It isn't just the trucking industry being affected by the parts shortages. Cars, Airplanes, Emergency vehicles, Trains, Ships etc. All modes of transportation are being affected. I hate flying. Now I am not going to fly AT ALL. Another post that some may find interesting.

I am a truck driver, I approve of this video. You are not exaggerating on any of the points you are talking about. Also I would like to add that not only the automotive industry & trucking industry can not get parts, also the aviation industry is having trouble getting parts for even minor repairs to be done. My son is an aviation engineer for county airport, spring on private planes. No matter how "wealthy" the airplane owner is, they do not have enough money to throw down to buy a needed part.....BECAUSE THE PARTS ARE NOT AVAILABLE. He told me they have a plane that has been "parked" at the back of the hanger for 3 MONTHS, because the one small part that is needed has been on " back order" for the whole 3 months....

I also believe that we will be having serious issues regarding access to medications. I believe many people take medications they don't really need but they have been pushed into taking them because of a variety of 'reasons'. And some of us take medications because we have sabotaged our own mind and bodies by overeating/drinking/smoking or simply a bad lifestyle etc. So if you can do something to better your mind and body now and get off some of your meds, this is probably a good time to start.

posted on May, 6 2022 @ 09:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: beyondknowledge

originally posted by: ancientlight

Well, how are the self driving trucks supposed to get made when parts can't get delivered to factories to build them? The cart is being put about five miles before the horse on this one.
They already have them ready & waiting obviously, brand-new and all

+2 more 
posted on May, 6 2022 @ 10:13 PM
link   
This is how China is going to kick us in the nuts when WWIII starts heating up. They will shut down imports and it will crash everything.

posted on May, 6 2022 @ 10:50 PM
link   

I drive over the road and I sure don't see any shortage of trucks on the road.

Truck stops are full if you get in to late you have to park roadside.

Fuel prices are really just different numbers that get passed on down the line.

So as of right now I can't see the difference. I am sure that could change.

posted on May, 6 2022 @ 11:15 PM
link   

The sanctions agaisnt Russia are making things worse there are some who haven't felt it here in certain countries and depending where you live.

posted on May, 6 2022 @ 11:17 PM
link   
a reply to: truetrigger

You make good points about Ukraine now considering Ukrainian conflict there are those who say that or claim that Ukraine is winning or had won.

It has won what? lo

Add to this Russua & Ukraine... wheat supply / steel / gas etc... all nearly stopped completely coming into Europe

Majority of it comes from Russia through Ukraine and Eastern Ukraine is the backbone of it.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join