It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Details of the death of the cruiser "Moskva"

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Apr, 19 2022 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Hello ATS!

Around the death of the cruiser "Moskva" there are many rumors, both inside Russia and in the West. This story is overgrown with many fakes, mostly generated by the Ukrainian authorities. The official authorities of Russia report only that there was a fire and detonation of ammunition on the cruiser, the crew was evacuated during a storm, and the cruiser itself sank while being towed to Sevastopol. Yesterday there were photos and videos of the burning cruiser.

The situation was revealed by Ruslan Ostashko, a Russian journalist, host of the daily political program "Vremya Pokazhet" on the 1st television channel, which is broadcast in the format of a talk show in prime time. In his Telegram channel, he published in two parts (part 1, part 2) an extensive message about the death of the cruiser, who sank it and how. I bring you, dear members of the ATS, the full story.

"Cruiser Moskva: how it was.

The cruiser was in the Odessa region, closer to Romania. A new phased array locator was put on it a year ago, the illumination range is 500 km. Why was he there?

Ukrainian planes flew to the airfield in Romania and from there took off towards the sea, made a detour and came ashore from Odessa. Then they flew to Dnepropetrovsk and Zaporozhye, attacked the Russian troops.

All airfields in the area of ​​Nikolaev and Odessa were destroyed. Could not understand - where? Therefore, they drove "Moscow" with a powerful locator.

It began to shine, and our Su-35s began to intercept Ukrainians from the airfields of the Crimea and from near Donetsk. So nine MiGs and Su were shot down.

All this was calculated by NATO. And here is the result. First, the cruiser was hit from a drone - the locators and antennas were smashed. The cruiser shot down one, but was already half blind.

Then the Ukrainians launched two cruise missiles from the shore. Guidance was carried out by the NATO Orion, which hovered over Romania. He also turned on the REP (radar suppression) and lit up the cruiser's air defense detection station.

The missiles went to the ship with the homing heads turned off so that it would not detect the radiation beam. Guidance was carried out by the NATO Orion, transmitting the exact coordinates of the ship to the missiles. The result - two hits, detonation of ammunition. The cruiser began to sink.

The cruiser "Moskva" (in addition to the main purpose - the destruction of KUG and AUG) is capable of providing long-range air defense of a ship strike group with the S-300F "Fort" complex for a detection range of air targets up to 300 km.

The cruiser was assigned the task of carrying out combat duty 100-120 km from Odessa in order to control the airspace within a radius of 250-300 km. That is, to ensure that the southern half of Moldova, the space from Izmail to Odessa and part of the territory of Romania (including the port of Constanta) are covered by its location field.

"Moskva" greatly interfered with the covert transfer of military aircraft (helicopters and planes) from the territory of Romania to the territory of Ukraine. The cruiser was monitored, NATO air reconnaissance worked on it.

The destruction of the flagship of the fleet was planned as a strategic task. Therefore, the operation of delivering anti-ship missiles to Odessa took place in strict secrecy and under the cover of electronic warfare.

As the "killer" of the cruiser, they chose RCC (anti-ship missile), but not "Neptune", as spread by Ukrainian propaganda, but RCC of the fifth generation NSM (Naval Strike Missile, range - 185 km, developed by Norway-USA). This type of RCC was chosen from the need to achieve a 100% result.

NSM is able to reach the target along the programmed route thanks to the GPS-corrected INS, independently find the target, flying up to it at a height of 3-5 meters. When reaching the target, the NSM maneuvers and puts electronic interference. A highly sensitive thermal imager is used as a homing system, which independently determines the most vulnerable spots of the target ship.

A stationary container installation, secretly delivered to Ukraine, was used as a launcher. Thus, after the damage to the Moskva cruiser, which led to its flooding, NATO reopened an air corridor for the transfer of aircraft to the airfields of the Chernivtsi, Transcarpathian and Ivano-Frankivsk regions.

After the destruction of the cruiser Moskva, the Black Sea Fleet, unfortunately, no longer has a single ship with a long-range anti-aircraft missile system.

But it is not all that bad.

A three-band Nebo-M radar is located in Crimea, which is capable of tracking all air targets at a distance of up to 600 km. This radar station controls the sky to the city of Chernivtsi."

If this is so, and most likely it is, then we are one step away from a full-scale military conflict between Russia and NATO. Russia now at any moment has the right and can strike at airfields and military targets on the territory of Romania. do we all need it?

Thank you.

posted on Apr, 19 2022 @ 03:42 AM
link   
a reply to: RussianTroll

If true and I highly doubt it Russia does not have the capabilities for a successful conventional war with NATO.
The airframes they use are very specialized and many less hours of flight time per year for them.
Also they have proven a lack of moral and lack of supply to sustain really anything.
Communication capabilities are beyond crap.
NATO can bring a few thousand for a quick reaction force to bog Russia down while they gather the rest. Out F35 and it known abilities can strike the S300-400 easy with maybe 15-20 losses.
I can go on. My advice to Putin would be to go all in or out. And the later is not his style.

posted on Apr, 19 2022 @ 03:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

Are you ready to risk your life to check the correctness of your words?

posted on Apr, 19 2022 @ 03:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: RussianTroll

My home is my palace. And yes I will defend my homeland if push comes to shove.
I don't want a war with anyone but I am not the puppet master.
I am looking at this with the knowledge that is provided to me.
If article 5 is pushed Germany could back out and that I assume is what Russia is gambling with.
edit on 2/19/2013 by Allaroundyou because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2022 @ 03:49 AM
link   
I am praying for your safety, RussianTroll. This must be a frightening time for Russians, and I'm sorry for the lives of these sailors lost for the sake of Putin's delirium.

posted on Apr, 19 2022 @ 03:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou

My home is my palace. And yes I will defend my homeland if push comes to shove.
I don't want a war with anyone but I am not the puppet master.
I am looking at this with the knowledge that is provided to me.
If article 5 is pushed Germany could back out and that I assume is what Russia is gambling with.

No one encroaches on your homeland and your home. So far, only you encroach on my Roina and my house.

posted on Apr, 19 2022 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Russia said that the ship had ammunition explode which damaged the ship.

They are lying yet again then ?

The flagship of Russia's Black Sea fleet, the Moskva missile cruiser, was badly damaged when ammunition on board blew up, Interfax news agency quoted the defence ministry as saying on Thursday.

www.reuters.com...

posted on Apr, 19 2022 @ 03:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cutepants
I am praying for your safety, RussianTroll. This must be a frightening time for Russians, and I'm sorry for the lives of these sailors lost for the sake of Putin's delirium.

Have pity on those 300 of your soldiers who are dying right now in the cellars of Azovstal by the grace of your rulers.

posted on Apr, 19 2022 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Absolutely let's pray for them. And also for the Russian soldiers who have switched sides and taken up arms for the glorious liberation of Russia itself. Help is coming, don't despair.

posted on Apr, 19 2022 @ 04:06 AM
link   

do we all need it?

It's more up to Putin if he needs it?
It could be that other sources triggered him to invade Ukraine that doesn't give him the right to actually do it.

Probably his only ace card are zirkon nuclear missiles, taking Ukraine hostage with that threat, and still threatening the EU and NATO that if other countries join we get what we wish for?

It's obvious that we can't turn back what has been started , but it's also obvious that we can't sit back watching him destroying a sovereign country and killing innocent civilians and their homes and industries creating masses of refugees fleeing their own country.

If he thought before he entered Ukraine this wouldn't happen than his intelligence has drastically declined to a minimum?

posted on Apr, 19 2022 @ 04:12 AM
link   

So, how did the Russians determine that the two missiles that struck the ship, were not Neptune missiles, if they could not get telemetry and defend their flagship from the strike?

Also, if the Ukrainians launched the missiles, how is that not the Ukrainians sinking the ship after firing upon it?

Also, if it was Ukrainian launched missiles, wouldn't the previous Russian story that it was just an unrelated fire among the ships munitions, be the fiction?

If Ukraine targeted and fired the missiles using NATO data, then you cannot claim that it was NATO attacking the ship. And you cannot blame and escalate the conflict against NATO countries who merely plotted out where proximal potential threats were located. Something that, if this account is to be believed, Russia was engaged in doing as well (they seem to have been tracking NATO aircraft defenses, located in areas other than those contested in Ukraine).

edit on 19/4/2022 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Apr, 19 2022 @ 04:21 AM
link   
a reply to: 0bserver1

It's obvious that we can't turn back what has been started , but it's also obvious that we can't sit back watching him destroying a sovereign country and killing innocent civilians and their homes and industries creating masses of refugees fleeing their own country.

Yes, we can. We already do. In fact, we sell weapons to the invaders of sovereign nations all the time. We are the invaders of sovereign nations.

The entire sovereign nation thing is a huge load of crap that you never hear when places like Yemen are being invaded.

posted on Apr, 19 2022 @ 04:36 AM
link   
Guess their long range anti air missile system wasn’t that great to begin with. Terrible waste of human life going on right now.

posted on Apr, 19 2022 @ 04:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi
True , the west is a democratic influencer by the forces of intelligence services it's done for ages nothing new here.

And I also know the industry needs to test their gadgets somewhere and that certain people need to erase their tracks before we all know , I know that to well

posted on Apr, 19 2022 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Why aren't Russia using the fancy gadgetry you tried to intimidate with?

link

Still, I appreciate you being here RT. Even if I can't take your information at face value. A lot of it is rather contradictory. I'm given the impression Russian systems are great for investigating the facts after they happened, it would be nice to have an expert look at that line of reasoning because it seems backwards their was no attempt at interception or defense.

I wouldn't take on NATO if I was Russia, it would seem unconventional use of intelligence with tools and weapons Ukraine could acquire anyways are actively destroying Russian assets.

Uninterrupted supply chains will keep this conflict going. It's working both ways as it stands and both sides are capable of crippling the others logistics if they escalate.

We really don't want that RT.

posted on Apr, 19 2022 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Nope.

Caught on fire and sank due to an ammunition explosion. Russian defenses cannot be penetrated by some crappy Ukrainian missile.

posted on Apr, 19 2022 @ 05:57 AM
link   

If this is so, and most likely it is, then we are one step away from a full-scale military conflict between Russia and NATO. Russia now at any moment has the right and can strike at airfields and military targets on the territory of Romania. do we all need it?

We all knew there would be a provocation. I guess you have defined that for us.

posted on Apr, 19 2022 @ 06:25 AM
link   
I'm gonna have to agree with the Troll here. Russia isn't some 3rd world country. They have weapons that even America cannot defend against including hypersonic missiles. The equipment they seem to be using is decades old and in no way represents their true capabilities.
Let's not forget that they also have better rocket tech than America and NATO as NASA cannot even get a rocket of their own to the ISS and even relies on Russia to send supplies/scientists there.

If all out war breaks out, Russia would destroy most NATO countries. It would take America months to deliver any real forces and Western Europe doesn't have the stomach to enter into an all out war against a country that delivers all or most of its oil and natural gas. Itd be over b4 it started.

I think many of you are trapped in some alternate reality where you've been made to believe that a garbage country like Ukraine actually has a chance defending itself against the second most powerful nation the world has ever seen in Russia.

I don't claim to know any more than any of you on the topic. I just cannot believe what we are being fed. Something is way off about all of this.

*SNIP*
edit on 4/19/2022 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2022 @ 06:40 AM
link   
The ship sank because water got into the people spaces.

What ever the reason, it does show one thing. The Russian Navy sucks at Damage Control.

Prove me wrong.

posted on Apr, 19 2022 @ 06:46 AM
link   
The Russian military already admitted to being so bad at maintaining and/or doing proper munitions stowage that caused an ammunition explosion.

But now we have to believe they are so incompetent in another way that they moved their flagship into a known hostile threat area and failed to account for enemy capabilities?

So which is it Russian"GOVERNMENT PROVDA ACCOUNT"Troll?

Edit

We are also supposed to happy that Russia is continuing to militarize Crimea after they stole it? The hell?
edit on 19-4-2022 by Pyle because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join