It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freemasons - What can you share?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2022 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: KSigMason

No your little list was meaningless because none of the listed need apply to any particular religion, the definition of religion is the binding oath such as in Baptism and it was ignorant of the fact Freemasonry developed as a Catholic sect, you posit the non-religious as a positive whereas you are reduced to secularism/atheistic nihilism, all your activities are meaningless and worthless and derivative of Hanoverian Protestant Masonry.

Early Freemasonry was entirely Christian-centric, if you have an issue with that i don't know why you award yourself so many pretentious titles such as Knights Templar, another Catholic sect, all your understanding is of the pseudo-variety and gay fancy dress.

My statement about religion came from studying it in college and working with clergy of multiple religions on the subject.

And it shows, i suppose really you just need to qualify your statements that you are refering only to the current abject state of affairs, because that's all you know.
edit on 25-4-2022 by Madrusa because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2022 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Madrusa

I don't know if you are aware or not, but the degrees of the Scottish Rite Southern Jurisdiction uses costumes to help with the theatrics of an on stage performance. I didn't look gay, but I did look like a knight sausage. They had to use the special "Robust man" straps on the usual costumes. My hat even had a pointy end. But if you have ever been involved with a stage performance, a lot of fun is had, and nobody is worried about "gay fancy dress".

posted on Apr, 25 2022 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Yes not to be taken too seriously, i get that, there was some connection with the actual Stone Masons as a Guild and the performing of religious plays at festivals were they enacted their various extra-Biblical scenarios, as did other guilds, a lot of the rituals might owe something to this pantomine.

posted on Apr, 25 2022 @ 04:45 PM
link   

My in-laws live in the Treasure Valley and my wife grew up there. Attending a wedding in Nampa this summer.

We had a large masonic temple in my hometown which I always thought was a very interesting building, hahahaha. They always rented it out for weddings and concerts. The Shriners have always been a presence via their charity work. My uncle was a Mason, but he passed away before I was old enough to have discussed details with him.

Very interesting story on how you became involved, I was in the Marine Corps in late 90s early aughts , but my interests during my enlistment were, shall we say, less metaphysical, and more mischief oriented. Hahahahah.

posted on Apr, 25 2022 @ 05:46 PM
link   

What exactly is your position or belief system?

You started out talking about a video game character, ventured into Sethian Gnosticism, claimed Europeans are descendants of Cain, claimed to want to bring back some form of neo
Egyptian sun worship in opposition to Set/Typhon and now you seem to be taking a very Catholic stance against freemasonry and protestants.

Can you state how your belief system is affected by Freemasonry? I think if we knew where you stood, instead of just kitchen sink anti-masonry, it would be easier to understand where you are coming from.

If I ever think something is a problem I do what I can to think of a solution or be willing to work toward one if I am going to draw attention to said problem.

It seems there is just a lot of finger pointing. You haven't stated a position, just pointed out what you consider flaws in a group you clearly have some personal issues with.

What do you believe?

posted on Apr, 25 2022 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: gkskg

Well i defend Catholic Freemasonry because it was an earnest belief system and search for understanding and because many of my ancestors would never forgive me if i didn't because they were deeply involved in it's development and i was raised Catholic, in terms of that quest for knowledge i think one has to move beyond the Sethian, though that is still a Divine archetype albeit one to overcome, it's what my ancestors would expect.

I don't claim Europeans are descendants of Cain but that inference can be drawn from Biblical tradition with the caveat that the Sethian position argues for their extermination in order to purify the world from the original sin of the Fall, something current world leaders seem just fine with.

The thing is with Horus and Seth is that they were Tutelary Deities representing the Horites and Suteans, that is to say the Sutean was Seth incarnate but they divided the archetype in two, were Jacob was given to represent the cunning and deceptive trickster aspect of Seth whereas Esau represented the violently deranged maniac aspect, and were Islam is also an extension of Sethian tradition.

Jacob can also be taken as an Amorite who emerged from the Sutean heartland becasue the Tutelary Deity of these was Martu whose particular Divine quality was being good at wrestling, thus as mythological logic goes because he was a God of wrestling he couldn't be beaten in contest with EL, as in Israel

Martu too strode around the great courtyard to compete in wrestling at the gate of Inab. They kept looking for strong fighters for him, they kept offering him strong fighters. Martu strode around in the great courtyard. He hit them with a destructive …… one by one. In the great courtyard, in the battle he caused them to be bandaged; in the great courtyard of Inab he lifted the bodies of the dead.

It's funny they adopted this position because otherwise the understanding of the Divine Amorite is quite insulting.

“Now listen, their hands are destructive and their features are those of monkeys; he is one who eats what Nanna forbids and does not show reverence. They never stop roaming about ……, they are an abomination to the gods’ dwellings. Their ideas are confused; they cause only disturbance. He is clothed in sack-leather ……, lives in a tent, exposed to wind and rain, and cannot properly recite prayers. He lives in the mountains and ignores the places of gods, digs up truffles in the foothills, does not know how to bend the knee, and eats raw flesh. He has no house during his life, and when he dies he will not be carried to a burial-place. My girlfriend, why would you marry Martu?

My belief system simply involves looking at the greater context and the understanding that Sethianism was a direct inversion of Mesopotamian and Egyptian tradition, the quest for knowledge in Masonic tradition became highly problematic once those civilizations were uncovered, it rather became a tradition of deception and disinformation and avoidance, hence the reason for my disdain of those who falsely claim knowledge.

posted on Apr, 25 2022 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: nancyliedersdeaddog

Does Albert Pike actually say there is some secret ruling elite actually running Freemasonry that other Freemasons don't know about? I've seen people in the past make similar claims and from what I remember when looking up what they are talking about it was Pike saying there is a esoteric knowledge within Freemasonry and the average Freemason wont' take the time to look for that knowledge (or something to that effect).

now this is a blast from the past. Reminds me of the way back threads on masonry. Will Steve show up as well?

How dare you make fun of the Parakletos! He taught me the truth that battery acid cures cancer, Freemasons are behind the chemtrails, and the one true prophet is homeless Bill. I will always have a special place in my heart for him second only to Eric who's pro Hitler rap would of won a Grammy if "those people" didn't control Hollywood.

posted on Apr, 26 2022 @ 12:55 AM
link   
My "little list" applied to all religions.

Freemasonry was never a "Catholic sect."

I'm talking about the definition of religion, not your ignorant beliefs about Freemasonry and how it supposedly started. Quit with red herrings. They do not work on me.

Also, either we started as a Catholic sect, or we are a derivative of Protestantism. Pick one lie and stick with it.

Knights Templar and Freemasonry: www.travelingtemplar.com...

posted on Apr, 26 2022 @ 01:01 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude
When he calls it gay, he's projecting his own inadequacies, insecurities, and desires.

I loved living in the Treasure Valley, but we've had far too many people move in since COVID and made it unaffordable now.

He's just lurching from one fallacy to another.

A house built on sand and all.

There's no such thing as "Catholic Freemasonry."

a reply to: nancyliedersdeaddog
Have you stopped taking your meds?

posted on Apr, 26 2022 @ 01:05 AM
link   

I was being sarcastic

posted on Apr, 26 2022 @ 01:27 AM
link   
a reply to: nancyliedersdeaddog
You're not allowed to be sarcastic. Back on your meds!

posted on Apr, 26 2022 @ 04:52 AM
link   

You have a little con trick when it comes to Freemasonry in that you can make any seemingly authorititve statement you want and never explain it because it is somehow a hidden secret, you're the ultimate example of the seemingly authoritative claim that doesn't really exist.

When it comes to mainstream religion you can't get away with that, so statements such as My "little list" applied to all religions doesn't work, it's derivative of your own Protestant fundamentalism and could be equally applied to the Quakers as much as your idealized version of Freemasonry.

Freemasonry was never a "Catholic sect."

There were a series of wars over centuries against Catholic Freemasonry begining with the English Civil war and the subsequent wars between Jacobites and Hanoverians were Catholic Freemasonry aways had the support of the Pope, your version of Freemasonry begins in 1717 and was Protestant Hanoverian, this continued into the American war of Independance and the American Civil war, you don't have the authority to deny the prior existence of things you don't like.

There's no such thing as "Catholic Freemasonry."

The Catholic Church never recognized the 1717 Grand Lodge as relating to the former Masonic tradition, your version of Freemasonry is a total fraud.

The modern signification of Freemasonry in which, since about 1750, the word has been universally and exclusively understood, dates only from the constitution of the Grand Lodge of England, 1717

All the ablest and most conscientious investigations by competent Masonic historians show, that in 1717 the old lodges had almost ceased to exist. The new lodges began as convivial societies, and their characteristic Masonic spirit developed but slowly. This spirit, finally, as exhibited in the new constitutions was in contradiction to that which animated the earlier Masons

In order to appreciate rightly these texts characterizing modern "speculative" Freemasonry it is necessary to compare them with the corresponding injunction of the "Gothic" (Christian) Constitutions regulating the old lodges of "operative" Masonry till and after 1747. These injunctions are uniformly summed up in the simple words: "The first charge is this that you be true to God and Holy Church and use no error or heresy". The radical contrast between the two types is obvious. While a Mason according to the old Constitution was above all obliged to be true to God and Church, avoiding heresies, his "religious" duties, according to the new type, are essentially reduced to the observation of the "moral law" practically summed up in the rules of "honour and honesty" as to which "all men agree".

Masonry

In other words you're a LARPER.
edit on 26-4-2022 by Madrusa because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2022 @ 06:01 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Apr, 26 2022 @ 06:19 AM
link   

How would you describe the birth of freemasonry?

If you have the time i would appreciate your opinion and some information on the early history.

posted on Apr, 26 2022 @ 08:25 AM
link   

So are you saying that Catholic Christianity is not Sethian?

How about the Orthodox Church? Was the filioque schism also to be blamed on Sethian Gnostics?

I am getting the distinct feeling that the axe you are grinding seems to be an extension of Rome still being upset about the Reformation itself.

If you were baptized and confirmed, they can still use you to do their bidding, without you knowing it and even if you consciously profess something entirely different.

posted on Apr, 26 2022 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Catholic Christianity is certainly Sethian, the subversion of European tradition through the Sethian Christ, they just related the three pillars of Sethian Gnosticism to the Trinity, it was a redirection of the binding principle of love towards the God/Prophets/Ancestral cult of Israel and redemption through the supposed righteousness of the Sethian Christ to overcome the supposed wickedness of their original Cainite Fall.

The Protestant will generally accuse Catholicism of being something of a thin veneer over mystery Babylon and other Pagan horrors and i think that's true and also it's saving grace in that much former tradition was simply repackaged in Christian guise but things generally went on as they always had in terms of rites and festivals, as long as the elite in Roman remained in the life-style they were accustomed to things didn't really change since the first imposition in Roman times.

The situation rapidly deteriorated when the Protestants translated the Bible into the common language and stuck their heads into the old Testament, this closely aligned them with Orthodox Judaism and they set out to purge the horrors of any remaining worthwhile religious tradition, basically they followed the Sethian instruction manual and the inverted premise of righteousness, from that perspective they were also correct.

The Filioque schism as it would relate to the Sethian Gnostic would take the somewhat androgyne Feminine first principle Barbelo which can be related to the Holy Spirit.

God doesn’t “create” Barbelo per se; instead, she comes from him by some indirect means. For example, in some Gnostic texts, God’s inexhaustible profusion of thought overflows, and a new being, Barbelo, emerges from that intellectual flood.

All i'm really saying is that Roman Catholicism was worse than Roman Paganism, Protestantism was worse than Roman Catholicism and Zionism would be the worst of the lot, as has been stated in many a Sermon there's a big differance in what people generally thought Christianity was about and what was actually stated in the Bible, it was generally nice because people thought religion should be, and they were right.

posted on Apr, 26 2022 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

Does Albert Pike actually say there is some secret ruling elite actually running Freemasonry that other Freemasons don't know about? I've seen people in the past make similar claims and from what I remember when looking up what they are talking about it was Pike saying there is a esoteric knowledge within Freemasonry and the average Freemason wont' take the time to look for that knowledge (or something to that effect).

now this is a blast from the past. Reminds me of the way back threads on masonry. Will Steve show up as well?

How dare you make fun of the Parakletos! He taught me the truth that battery acid cures cancer, Freemasons are behind the chemtrails, and the one true prophet is homeless Bill. I will always have a special place in my heart for him second only to Eric who's pro Hitler rap would of won a Grammy if "those people" didn't control Hollywood.

It's all coming back now! God those were fun threads! The Parakletos! When I see a homeless guy arguing with his imaginary friend, I always wonder in the back of my mind, "could this be Steve?"

posted on Apr, 26 2022 @ 12:36 PM
link   

I don't have first hand knowledge or experience with Roman paganism in application as it is been more or less in the dust bin of history for over a thousand years.

From what I have read, it was superstitions and animal sacrifices for the common people and the ruling classes dabbled In the mystery schools, while ensuring a continuation of their status as the elite members of their society.

This does not seem appealing to me as a system to live under. That is subjective and I freely admit so.

Freemasonry principles are baked into the DNA and founding documents of the USA and the older and more reflective I become, the more I realize how much I appreciate those ideals being integrated into our Res Publica. Even with all the flaws , I am very much vested in our ongoing American Experiment.

I am gathering that you might be from somewhere in Europe, so maybe my American point of view does not resonate with you.

We are just going to have to disagree at this point.
I don't see Masons as a nefarious group and the "Sethian Gnosticism Ruined Europe" narrative seems anachronistic to me.

But if you want to run through the streets of Rome, swatting young women with a dead wolf on Lupercalia next year, I would certainly tune in to watch.

posted on Apr, 26 2022 @ 02:55 PM
link   

To a large extent Roman religion was already failing before Christianity because it had become an increasingly mercantile state, the earliest model of a Theocratic state with distribution and occupations based in localized Temple cults shifted from people serving the Gods to serving the merchants and industrialists, thus a lot of cults were merged and Goddess Temples had a sideline as whore-houses, but the Merchants didn't just create the problem they offered the solution of a much more simplified religion maybe to engage with for an hour on Sunday.

The American Constitution will become increasingly anachronistic, it only has relevence to Jacobite Free Masons not wanting to be ruled by the Hanoverians and the ideals of liberty and right to bear arms and freedom of speech derivative of that as a rallying cause, the fact is there is no longer any ideological difference between those two former factions and the Constitution protects that ideology which is the most hostile to European Americans from being shut down, the only religious element is slavish obediance to the Old Testament idea of God, the problem is always offered as the solution.

To return to the Warhammer 40k analagy Horus Lupercal is going to be more relevant than the American Constitution.

posted on Apr, 26 2022 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Hahahahaah, ok, we can end this by referencing a video game.

I think the cult of Mario and Luigi eating mushrooms will be the preeminent secret society in your future Europe.

Sorry man, I got kids that keep me on my toes and a family business that keeps me busy, I haven't played video games in many years.

You've lost me with the video game narrative, kind of childish.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join