It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freemasons - What can you share?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2022 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Madrusa

How much of your position is based on the texts in the Nag Hammadi discovery?

Most information and details concerning Sethian Gnosticism was more or less lost to history until the early 20th century.

Are you saying that the Judeo/Christian tradition along with the Freemasons are secretly attempting to destroy the society that they built in Europe because they are still angry with the descendants of Cain?

It seems like a stretch to me. On one hand you indict the tradition and are dismissive of the Hebrew account of the creation and fall of man narrative and on the other , you claim that it's all true and Cain and Seth descendants are still battling one another in this age old rivalry.

posted on Apr, 23 2022 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: gkskg

It's a primary source but there was also early mention through Greek and early Church authors, the esoteric tradition tended to transmit through various groups and forms but the key factor is redemption through alignment with the Sethian/Hebraic tradition and the abandonment with traditional European ancestral practise, Christianity established this primacy of Sethian tradition in Europe and Free Masonry emerged from that in conjunction with Jewish and Arabic esoteric texts.

The Cainite doctrine is the ideological basis but that's in conjunction with historic hatreds and resentments and the desire to dominate and enslave, that isn't possible unless the European establishment is persuaded that the Sethian cause is their own as Spiritual Sethians, unless the Lodge transforms the establishment into oath bound affiliates.

The Creation tradition is derivative of the Mesopotamian, the Bible was written to explain their natural aversion to surrounding cultures from a Divine perspective, that it was their God that was against the other, were there is a bias towards the false and deceptive it is always more easy to persuade others when you can promise them the world.

Bible origins

posted on Apr, 23 2022 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: KSigMason
a reply to: asabuvsobelow
You don't shoot laser beams out of your eyes?

I have not learned how yet .

posted on Apr, 23 2022 @ 01:42 PM
link   

I don't want to get too sidetracked here, but how do you account for the success of the Hebrew creation narrative as opposed to the other Mesopotamian cosmogonies?

What about that specific text has kept it in the consciousness of the Mediterranean and European cultures nearly uninterrupted for at least 2500 years?

The others have all been lost and rediscovered. I don't disagree that the stories are also found in other cultures, or that the Hebrews used the creation stories of their neighbors. The Documentary Hypothesis on the construction of the Torah is very compelling as well.

The facts are that the Hebrew narrative survived and then expanded , whereas the other died out and were buried under sand for a few thousand years.

Back to original topic:

Do you think that the Masons (and others in the Hebraic tradition) are actively preventing a
Modern renaissance of pre Christian European paganism ?

posted on Apr, 23 2022 @ 02:55 PM
link   

It was very brief and easy to remember and intrigued people because it never really made sense, earlier traditions required extensive knowledge of a Pantheon, even the reduction to a single Deity was along the same lines, it was a diminished role for religion which earlier everyone had been aligned with through Class/Trade/Profession and attachment to a Temple cult.

There was also the extent of the motivation and means to promote such through the Merchant class reducing the role of the former religious institutions, nobody had an interest in promoting Berossus and Manetho hence they became lost.

There is no possibility of a renaissance of pre Christian European paganism unless the basis of society requires such, neo-paganism is subject to the same influences and controls as every other aspect of society, even if there was the inclination it would be prevented, that conflict was over in Europe a 1,000 years ago, if the understanding did become general that they had been subverted by Sethian influence the natural counter-part would be the equal and exact opposite of Seth, Neo-Kemetism.
edit on 23-4-2022 by Madrusa because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2022 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Maybe read the article before you make a stupid statement about Freemasonry and religion.

You have no interest in what Freemasonry actually believes or teaches? You'd rather just use nonsense and cherry-picked quotes of individual opinions rather than actual Masonic authority? Well...that speaks volumes.

Do not confuse your misguided beliefs with actual knowledge.

posted on Apr, 24 2022 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: KSigMason

Takes religious oaths-Not a religion.

Joins Neo-Templar/Rosicrucian cults-Not a religion.

Globalist Zionist-Not a religion.

Spiritual Sethiasn-Not a religion.

Here's the thing, as Spiritual Sethianism is based entirely in lies misinformation and deception if you claimed it was a religion i wouldn't believe you, because the truth is always the opposite of what you claim.

The basics of Free Masonry are easy it's just concerned with the construction of Order, the re-constructed individual and the re-constructed National and International order, but the sort of order that is evil after your patron the God Seth, who taught you everything.

So it's not my fault i just observe the obvious truth you are an evil religion, why can't you be more tolerant towards the truth?

posted on Apr, 24 2022 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Again, if you had read the link, you'd know I addressed your nonsense:

1. Religions advocate sectarian faith. Freemasonry does not.
  2. Religions have dogmas, theology, cosmology, and eschatology. Freemasonry does not.
  3. Religions enforce an orthodoxy. Freemasonry does not.
  4. Religions seek coverts. Freemasonry does not.
  5. Religions have clergy or priesthoods. Freemasonry does not.
  6. Religions offer some kind of sacrament. Freemasonry does not.
  7. Religions have a plan for salvation and atonement. Freemasonry does not.
  8. Religions have ascetic practices. Freemasonry does not.
  9. Religions have sacred locations. Freemasonry does not.

You have a lot to learn about what a religion is and is not.

Who says I'm a "globalist zionist"?

Who says I'm a Sethian?

Here's the thing, as Spiritual Sethianism is based entirely in lies misinformation and deception if you claimed it was a religion i wouldn't believe you, because the truth is always the opposite of what you claim.

Nice logical fallacy.

The basics of Free Masonry...

You don't know anything of the "basics". An Entered Apprentice knows more than you.

...patron the God Seth, who taught you everything.

No such thing exists in Freemasonry.
edit on 24-4-2022 by KSigMason because: Formatting

posted on Apr, 24 2022 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Join your local Masonic lodge if you want to know more. Anything else is just speculation.

I am a past master of a Masonic lodge.

posted on Apr, 24 2022 @ 06:38 PM
link   
If you don't mind, I have a question for any Freemasons reading this thread.

What was it that caused you to join the Masons in the first place?

posted on Apr, 25 2022 @ 12:57 AM
link   
My journey to Freemasonry started on the road to war. My Army Guard unit had just completed training at the Joint Readiness Training Center (JRTC) and while waiting to head over to Iraq I went to New Orleans on a 4-day pass with several soldiers from my Platoon. While down there we drove down City Park Avenue where I saw the entrance to a Masonic graveyard. It sparked my curiosity as to who this group was, particularly since the movie National Treasure had just premiered. While I deployed to Iraq I read every book I could get my hands on regarding Freemasonry. Once I was home, my attention was focused on reintegrating back into civilian life not on Freemasonry so thoughts of the fraternity went out of my mind. One day at work I overheard two of my co-workers say something about "going to Lodge." After talking to them I was directed to the Grand Lodge of Idaho which gave me a list of Lodges. That very night I visited Oriental Lodge No.60 and I enjoyed their company so much that I petitioned them. My initiation date was postponed due to a military obligation that took me out of the State. Once I was back in Idaho, I jumped right into Freemasonry. Ultimately it was the history and philanthropic nature of Freemasonry that brought me to Freemasonry. I learned that I loved its rituals and symbolism too.

posted on Apr, 25 2022 @ 04:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Grenade

Some people are not supposed to come out the wilderness till they reach the age of 40, or 39 and 3months!
although considering tribulation could be upon us then what would thant mean to those that have not yet reached that age?

The truth is in your picture

the snake around the staff pointing down is Materialistic,life giving, the snake on the staff pointing up is Illumination, i always doodled a sword pointing to the sky with a snake going round it when i was a kid, destined?
do you ever look back at your life to see what you remember and if it has any hidden symbolic meaning? like the one i said, because often your memory holds onto the important,and if the important seem like its not imprtant then you may not be reading the message correctly (as why would you remember if its unimportant!), the truth can only be found by looking within, and retaining and not losing vital energies

so if you got a wife, study tantra, or something

edit on 25-4-2022 by TempleTenSA because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-4-2022 by TempleTenSA because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2022 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Religions advocate sectarian faith. Freemasonry does not.
Religions have dogmas, theology, cosmology, and eschatology. Freemasonry does not.
Religions enforce an orthodoxy. Freemasonry does not.
Religions seek coverts. Freemasonry does not.
Religions have clergy or priesthoods. Freemasonry does not.
Religions offer some kind of sacrament. Freemasonry does not.
Religions have a plan for salvation and atonement. Freemasonry does not.
Religions have ascetic practices. Freemasonry does not.
Religions have sacred locations. Freemasonry does not.

That's just ignorant for the better part of 500 years it was a Catholic sect in Scotland founded among the Clergy, for the most part you could simply replace Freemasonry with Protestant in your understanding of what Masonry is, the doctrine of Sethian Gnosticism related to the pillars was likely introduced by Michael Scot

Walter Scott deploys Michael Scott (sic) in his The Lay of the Last Minstrel, he credits him with conquering an indefatigable demon, after it had succeeded in splitting Eildon Hill into its three distinctive cones, by challenging it to weave ropes from sea-salt. He records that in the Scottish Borders any work of great labour or antiquity is ascribed either to Auld Michael, or Sir William Wallace, or the Devil.

The origins of Free Masonry relate to the study of Magic and Astrology from Arabic and Jewish texts and translation of Classical Literature, you're boorish Protestant position is far removed from that and of no value, the early Scottish Masons were worthy of respect, they'd have eventually figured it was all just an Egyptian heresy given the time and availability of ancient sources, perhaps they did.

posted on Apr, 25 2022 @ 07:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: nancyliedersdeaddog

Does Albert Pike actually say there is some secret ruling elite actually running Freemasonry that other Freemasons don't know about? I've seen people in the past make similar claims and from what I remember when looking up what they are talking about it was Pike saying there is a esoteric knowledge within Freemasonry and the average Freemason wont' take the time to look for that knowledge (or something to that effect).

now this is a blast from the past. Reminds me of the way back threads on masonry. Will Steve show up as well?

posted on Apr, 25 2022 @ 07:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
Will Steve show up as well?

There's a throwback memory.

posted on Apr, 25 2022 @ 07:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: gkskg

I was interested in the Shrine, due to the saving kids aspect of it. I found out you have to be a mason first. So I joined masonry. I found much more than just a stepping stone to the Shrine, I have since joined the Shrine, but have yet to attend any meetings other than initiation. I found the quality of the men I met was so above average, that I was always challenged to better myself, which I consider to be a good thing. I was master in 2013.

posted on Apr, 25 2022 @ 07:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: network dude
Will Steve show up as well?

There's a throwback memory.

If I see him again, I'll egg you two on. Good times.

posted on Apr, 25 2022 @ 07:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: gkskg

I wanted to make blood sacrifices to Lucifer, sadly this wasn't part of the activities. I ended up doing stuff like charity work and making ham sandwiches. Charity was fun, sandwiches sucked.

posted on Apr, 25 2022 @ 01:07 PM
link   
What I said wasn't ignorant. My statement about religion came from studying it in college and working with clergy of multiple religions on the subject. Your statement was the ignorant one and Christian-centric. My definition of what religion is wasn't just about Christianity, but all of the world religions.

I've forgotten more about Freemasonry than you will ever know. I'm sorry but you are greatly mistaken about Freemasonry. Just stop. You're an embarassment.

posted on Apr, 25 2022 @ 01:17 PM
link   
^^^^ *mic drop*

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join