It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Continued Assault on Women's Sports

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2022 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
Women mostly did this to themselves.

Men are not driving this trans nonsense. Women are and have been for a long time. Feminism made women equivalent to men in culture, law, and education. Then they were made equivalent socially.

Now they are equivalent sexually and saying otherwise has become verboten.

The weak men that are sensitive and "in touch with their feminine side" won't come to the rescue.

Dumbest comment so far. It's so full of crap that I have no desire to argue.
Having said that, has it occurred to you that not ALL women think alike?
That some athletes who get sponsored can't complain or they'll lose everything they ever worked for?
I guess not. You know nothing about women obviously, only what you pretend to know, and it's all crap.
Time to meet some REAL women if you dare. They can teach you a thing or two.

posted on Apr, 17 2022 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Hecate666

Having said that, has it occurred to you that not ALL women think alike?

Indeed.

That some athletes who get sponsored can't complain or they'll lose everything they ever worked for?

This is a consequence of a culture that has overwhelmingly supported the trans agenda. Those are women. Women tend to vote for and advocate on behalf of these causes.

Women created the environment they see in various ways. Primarily through the equivalency I explained in subsequent posts. Perhaps if you can abate your nonsensical anger you might come to understand my position better.

You know nothing about women obviously, only what you pretend to know, and it's all crap.
Time to meet some REAL women if you dare. They can teach you a thing or two.

There are a lot of women in my life and in this thread who have starred that post. Ask them why that is?

Stop white knighting. Women don't need you as a savior. They are at the table too.

If you are a woman stop advocating for your own erasure from society.
edit on 4 17 2022 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2022 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Most of us who are trying to not advocate for it are getting cancelled. We don't control the positions that allow us to have a voice where most people can see it. We also tend to be the ones who get mocked for making choices like putting motherhood over career and things like that, too.

posted on Apr, 17 2022 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Indeed.

But against you are other women who devalue motherhood as a burden and view being a housewife as a form of slavery.

The good news is that those women and the type of men they attract probably won't be breeding much.

From my view, women's spaces have been taken over by men, but it has been 3rd wave feminism and media that have sold women the idea that they are the same as men. Making oneself irrelevant and now the culture accepts Lia Thomas as just as much a woman as you. Pretty sick #, but here we are.

Point it out and I get hysterical responses about "not knowing any women" from fast-asleep posters who were nowhere to be found when the cornerstone of this # house was being laid or were in the bleachers cheering on the # show.

Then there's the media...

They even say dumb # like "female penis" but calling that out also gets you cancelled. Then they go on The View and MSNBC, and Disney (apparently), and cheerlead this garbage in front of millions of women who dutifully applaud the demise of their own gender.
edit on 4 17 2022 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2022 @ 07:32 PM
link   

IMO, it's wrong of you to fire back at those of us who saw it coming and knew where it was going. We were never 3rd wavers. Although I will admit that I would have been wanting the opportunity to try sports and not have to wear skirts all the time back in the day.

posted on Apr, 17 2022 @ 07:36 PM
link   

I never fired back at anyone.

I have made it quite clear that tolerance of these insane ideas falls squarely on women who enable this in others.

It is MOTHERS who are taking their children to drag queen story hour. It is female Hollywood celebrities that are glamorizing child transgenderism. It is women who push these subjects in schools.

It is women who are forcing children to transition.

It is weak men who are going along with it.

It is a lie to say otherwise.

posted on Apr, 17 2022 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I'll just be glad when we evolve to the point where men are men and women are women.

posted on Apr, 17 2022 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: zosimov

Your problem is you still think women are women and men are men. Hasn't the left taught you anything?

posted on Apr, 17 2022 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

The left has taught me to be very wary of "philanthropists" and anything which is ostensibly done "for our own good."

posted on Apr, 17 2022 @ 08:43 PM
link   

It is the inverse of the days when if a boy was thought to be too girly, his father forced him to do "manly" things. That wasn't exactly healthy for anyone either.

These days, we go too far the other way.

But it's the same game - people trying to fit others into neat boxes with proper labels. The left doesn't want to admit it, but it's the same girl/boy game as the old days.

posted on Apr, 18 2022 @ 08:22 AM
link   

It's not the same.

Because today we have enabled the erasure of an entire gender to appease the mental illness of a few men and women.

This doesn't happen by letting boys play with dolls. It happens by sexual indoctrination and propaganda. It happens by a certain group of people cheering it on for the sake of "equality" that was never going to be.

Now women will likely never be able to compete again. All records will be destroyed by woMan 2.0 and we'll be right back in threads like this wondering how it got here.

Edit:

This whole thing has been cleverly disguised as a "men taking over" issue. But it isn't. Those doors were opened by women and these "men" have done what ALL men do, and shoved their way in.

Now there's no room for real women.

Not the same at all.
edit on 4 18 2022 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2022 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Ever heard of the term TERF? A 2008 derogatory term for a "trans-exclusionary radical feminist." No, women have not opened the doors for the "penises are feminine too" crowd.
They've been bullied into compliance by the deconstructionist Marxists.

en.wikipedia.org...
www.swimmingworldmagazine.com... s/
www.dailymail.co.uk...enis-kids.html
www.dailymail.co.uk...

edit on 18-4-2022 by zosimov because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2022 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Yes, I have a lot of friends that are "TERFs" the fact that this term exists is indicative of who is in control here and it is not TERFs.

You have to stop internalizing my criticism of modern feminism and it's role on creating this mess as an attack on you personally or what you might believe. Women absolutely have been involved in this for a long time, they absolutely have opened the door.

Behind every one of these initiatives is a leftist woman. Just because you don't see yourself doing these things doesn't mean there aren't a whole lot of women indoctrinated into this crap actively acting against you. Women fell for this trap.

In that same time men have been denounced as toxic for their masculinity. Not "sensitive enough". They were told that "men can be feminists too", and now they're told that as long as they really believe, they too can be women. The irrelevance of women was made possible by the demands of women for sexual equivalency across-the-board. This incentivized many mentally ill men to take the path of least resistance. Which was to become a non-toxic "woman"...or at least wear the costume, and WOMEN CHEERED IT ON.

This was all done by women following the promises of Marxist ideologies, one of which is feminism.

posted on Apr, 18 2022 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Women (TERFS etc) also DENOUNCED it.

If we're gonna lay the blame somewhere why not start with men excluding women from key elements of society and laying a foundation where feminism could thrive?
Then, when we're done with all the blaming, we can address the issue at hand and work toward a solution.

posted on Apr, 18 2022 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Women (TERFS etc) also DENOUNCED it.

I'm aware.

Are you even reading my posts?

If we're gonna lay the blame somewhere why not start with men excluding women from key elements of society and laying a foundation where feminism could thrive?

Do you believe that I don't acknowledge those things?

The feminism that brought women's suffrage and wanted acknowledgement for women's needs and spaces is not what we're discussing and you know it.

You're looking to be offended on behalf of women who are advocating for what you're complaining about in your OP and then getting mad at me for pointing it out.

Men are not taking these sports opportunities from you. Women are and they're doing so in the name of modern feminism.

Women no longer have the excuse of blaming men for being held back. Women have agency and are at the table. The only competition they face is from each other. If you want your spaces back tell the other women to stop giving it away.

posted on Apr, 18 2022 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Not everyone who disagrees with you is offended or mad. I just don't agree.
The impetus of this thread were comments made by a gay man. Penn State's head swim coach (who, presumably, is telling the ladies they can't speak out and who is allowing a man to swim) is a man. The president of the NCAA is a man. The NCAA board of governors are primarily (19/24) men. "Lia" Thomas, who is taking the accolades and attention away from women swimmers, is a man. Karl Marx was a man.
This problem isn't solely led and caused by women, is it? If we're laying blame, let's all take our part. If we're seeking solutions, than the blame game is an exercise in futility.
I do know that women are going to need men's support to fight this issue.

posted on Apr, 18 2022 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Multiple times I have mentioned the weak men that allow this to continue.

If he did exclude Lia Thomas the local leftist organizations would be destroying his home and it would be lead by LGBT organizations and women.

Which men do you think want to take a stab at women's causes these days?

Like I've been saying, feminism has made manhood completely toxic, something to be derided and ridiculed, and that feminism is the antidote to this toxicity. For 30 years men have been portrayed at bumbling idiots, told to shut up on women's issues, told to sit down and stay out of the conversation when it came to things like abortion, reproductive rights, and even gender issues.

Issues that affect men are completely overlooked as unimportant and burdensome facts that only serve to muddy the waters of an otherwise pristine feminine fountain.

Women make up the majority of college attendees and have for a while now. They are the ones forming the collegiate culture and its sociopolitical production. They are the ones setting the social priorities of society. For as much as politics is downstream of culture, culture is downstream of education.
edit on 4 18 2022 by projectvxn because: Grammar and other edits to clean things up

posted on Apr, 18 2022 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I distinctly remember the fight for Title IX, and the valid hopes of women to get equal footing in collegiate sports. A good friend of mine was able to try out for the Olympics solely due to Title IX, and the scholarship opportunities it helped to create.

That this is being sabotaged by many of the same voices that supported Title IX is disturbing, to put it bluntly.

Men who, by some strange osmosis, claim to be women are destroying what so many women worked so hard to get--equal footing.

posted on Apr, 18 2022 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Leftists use women like they use minorities.

It's an insult to women and I wish those gals on the left would wake the # up.

posted on Apr, 18 2022 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

They're slowly beginning to.

When luminaries such as Martina Navratilova speaks out about it, though the attempts to shout her down were...excessive, that's a sure sign that some are beginning to think things through.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join