It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Continued Assault on Women's Sports

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Apr, 16 2022 @ 09:30 AM
link   
In a move celebrated by the progressive Ctrl left, gay representative Ian Mackey berated his colleague Chuck Basye for introducing legislation that enables schools to decide whether their athletes must compete with their biological gender.
In his impassioned and fiery speech, Mackey made personal attacks on Basye's family relations, accused him of hate and bigotry, and professed his fear of "people like" Basye.
His hyperbolic speech included stuff like this:

“This is the only issue that I take personally that we discuss,” Mackey said. “We can agree to disagree and still love each other and still move forward. Unless ... the root of our disagreement is in my right to exist.”

but in all that emotional speech, failed to address the actual bill, and the reason behind it: women's rights.

As a woman and an athlete who competed in NCAA softball, I don't understand how a gay man is celebrated for defending the rights of other men over women.
Women fought for the right to have their own spaces, and for the right to compete.
exhibits.library.gsu.edu...
Anyone who can shed some light on this issue for me?
crooksandliars.com...

posted on Apr, 16 2022 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: zosimov

It'll probably keep going until someone gets killed. Maybe. Even then people will tell the dead chick she should have 'gotten gud'.

+2 more 
posted on Apr, 16 2022 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Women mostly did this to themselves.

Men are not driving this trans nonsense. Women are and have been for a long time. Feminism made women equivalent to men in culture, law, and education. Then they were made equivalent socially.

Now they are equivalent sexually and saying otherwise has become verboten.

The weak men that are sensitive and "in touch with their feminine side" won't come to the rescue.

posted on Apr, 16 2022 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn
Women were not allowed their own bank accounts until the 60s; no credit cards until 1975.
Do you think they should have meekly accepted the exclusion from society by men? Or that they ought not to be equals to men in culture, law and education?

edit on 16-4-2022 by zosimov because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2022 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

It'll probably keep going until someone gets killed. Maybe. Even then people will tell the dead chick she should have 'gotten gud'.

Gotten gud what?
Sorry, could be me, but I'm not following.

posted on Apr, 16 2022 @ 12:34 PM
link   

You misunderstood what I said.

I said equivalent.

You have erased yourselves in the last 30 years. Feminism didn't celebrate what it meant to actually be a woman. But to create a crude similitude of what it meant to be a man as the model of "equality."

The effect is that women have erased themselves from the equation and what we are seeing with men wearing women as a costume and taking over "your space" is a direct result.

Women need to forcefully reject these things that have made them equivalent to men and erased women.
edit on 4 16 2022 by projectvxn because: Grammar and other edits to clean things up

posted on Apr, 16 2022 @ 12:37 PM
link   
(Equivalent means equal in value)
I don't think anyone needs to celebrate themselves or anyone else for that matter for being born a certain way.
On the other hand, we ought to show one another respect regardless of sex or any other visible and inherent factors.

I have a husband, a son, a father, and brother. I respect men. Hope men show women the same respect.
edit on 16-4-2022 by zosimov because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2022 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Welcome to the human race. Evidently, we don't learn from burning ourselves in a fire repeatedly. Everything has to take a trip on the pendulum and what we are experiencing is a hard swing to the left that will eventually center itself again, albeit temporarily, and then here comes the right again. Surely our antics must get old for whoever or whatever created us, as we are clearly destined for infinite stupidity.

I know plenty of women that think the sports thing is BS, including feminists who can be pretty hardcore. The thing I never could understand about this issue is how someone can enjoy winning with stacked odds in their favor. People are a**holes.

posted on Apr, 16 2022 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: KMeRMoRe
Welcome to the human race. Evidently, we don't learn from burning ourselves in a fire repeatedly. Everything has to take a trip on the pendulum and what we are experiencing is a hard swing to the left that will eventually center itself again, albeit temporarily, and then here comes the right again. Surely our antics must get old for whoever or whatever created us, as we are clearly destined for infinite stupidity.

I know plenty of women that think the sports thing is BS, including feminists who can be pretty hardcore. The thing I never could understand about this issue is how someone can enjoy winning with stacked odds in their favor. People are a**holes.

Good points.

posted on Apr, 16 2022 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: zosimov
Gotten gud what?

Good at the sport they may potentially be grievously injured playing against dudes.

posted on Apr, 16 2022 @ 01:09 PM
link   

I think the attitude is:

Hey, if I can slap on a wig and a dress and say I am transgender, I can win things, get attention, and take the money that those girls were getting!

Simple and Easy and all these idiots will cheer while I do it.

posted on Apr, 16 2022 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Ah. Yeah I'm slow today.

In that case, I fully agree that the chances of injuries will increase if trans athletes become the norm. I hadn't really thought about that angle, other than that MMA fighter.

posted on Apr, 16 2022 @ 01:46 PM
link   

I believe if you want this to stop you need to stop respecting the demand that transgender people make that the rest of the world affirm and take part in their delusions.

I too respect my wife and daughter and son. I want them to live in truth. I don't want them believing that their inward fantasies can be forced outward. That demanding others playalong in this theater as anything but madness.

Women haven't gotten there yet. Just look at the numbers. It's the women who have vastly consumed gender propaganda and now they are the ones driving this in mentally unstable and impressionable children.
edit on 4 16 2022 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

Edit: and as my wife pointed out as I wrote this, the only reason these women get away with it is because society is predisposed to believe women will have the best interest of children in mind. This is another norm that has been destroyed by feminist ideology.

Further edit:

Equivalence in this case should not be taken to mean equal but null. As in lacking in any difference. Homogeneous.

The same.

We are not the same. Equality under the law and the social/sexual equivalency of the sexes pushed by feminist ideology are not the same things.

Neither are equality and equity but we sure hear much more about the latter these days.

posted on Apr, 16 2022 @ 01:57 PM
link   
The problem is, the idea keeps getting entertained, when the actual girls show up to compete..they need to stop showing up. Lia Thomas would look pretty dumb swimming by HIMself.

Lia Thomas, who still has his dick, and is attracted to girls!!! let that sink in!

posted on Apr, 16 2022 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

Lia Thomas, who still has his dick, and is attracted to girls!!! let that sink in!

Indeed.

These were locker room jokes once.

Today they are affirmations of identity.

posted on Apr, 16 2022 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
a reply to: vonclod

Indeed.

These were locker room jokes once.

Today they are affirmations of identity.

It's absolute f'ing insanity!!

posted on Apr, 16 2022 @ 02:13 PM
link   

I agree with all of this. I fully support everyone's right to wear what they want, think however they want, act in any manner they'd like (doing no physical harm to others of course), but if people who were born men but identify with women want a locker room/sauna/sports team, they need to find a third option.

posted on Apr, 16 2022 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: zosimov

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Gotten gud what?

He's saying people won't wake up to how bad this is until some man kills a woman, and then there will *still* be people saying that the reason the woman died is because she just wasn't good enough.

It's basically gamer parlance. If a gamer complains about not being able to do something in-game, even if their complaint is justified, there will always be those whose knee jerk response is "get gud", meaning they actually suck at it.

posted on Apr, 16 2022 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
The problem is, the idea keeps getting entertained, when the actual girls show up to compete..they need to stop showing up. Lia Thomas would look pretty dumb swimming by HIMself.

Perfectly said. Agreed, too, that the women's swimming teams should all boycott a meet or two. It's a shame they would have to miss out on competitions, but in the long run they would be better off.
Of course, his teammates are being threatened into silence; could be part of the problem.

posted on Apr, 16 2022 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

So you got it. Went right over my head, but I'm not familiar with gamer speak.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join