It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oscars.....time to cancel permanently

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2022 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer

What? The Oscars are on tonight? Oh...

posted on Mar, 27 2022 @ 07:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

So you want to " cancel culture " ?

Right.

The entire entertainment industry is corrupt and morally bankrupt. They create garbage and then want awards for it. I don’t agree with canceling their awards show per se, but I also wasn’t planning to watch these demonic assholes congratulate each other.

posted on Mar, 27 2022 @ 07:35 PM
link   

You watching them?

posted on Mar, 27 2022 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Don't tell me you plan on watching the Oscars?

Never have and , hopefully , never will .
Yuck .
Give me the new "Expedition Bigfoot " episode .
That's where I will be .

posted on Mar, 27 2022 @ 08:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: DeathSlayer
It's that time again....the Oscars.... actors and actresses seeking praises.....

Er,
It does seem to be that you are also a hate spreader, and judgemental to boot....

So,
Nul points!
edit on 27-3-2022 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Mar, 27 2022 @ 09:52 PM
link   
F'n Betty White memorial montage you savages.
Have some respect.

TYFBAF

posted on Mar, 27 2022 @ 10:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: alexandrae
I think many of you are jealous that you are not as happy and successful as they are.

Honestly you people are ridiculous!

Yeah, I mean Robin Williams was so very happy he died of it.

posted on Mar, 27 2022 @ 10:06 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

We can always find that on YouTube minus the agony required to wait for it.

posted on Mar, 27 2022 @ 10:10 PM
link   
I saw will smith punched Chris rock in the face

posted on Mar, 27 2022 @ 10:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Brotherman
I saw will smith punched Chris rock in the face

Lol just say the slap trending while on twitter,

Evidently, Will Smith was a big fan of Jada in GI Jane 2 joke...

Finally watched it in context, seemed excessive even with Jada's condition, as some are pointing out, others saying how was he allowed to sit there and get the award.

That kind of shows who these people are, that crap doesn't happen in similar settings in the real world.

edit on 27-3-2022 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2022 @ 11:00 PM
link   
I think Chris's joke crossed the line but at the same time Jada Pinkett airs out all their dirty laundry on her podcast so it is hard to know where the line is...

Regardless, Will Smith was out of pocket for his reaction. Should have handled it back stage.

Chris Rock's reaction was professional but sure he isn't happy about becoming a meme....

posted on Mar, 27 2022 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Plastic people shine like an oil slick.

posted on Mar, 27 2022 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Everything I've read in the news thus far says it was every bit the guaranteed waste of time it usually is, with trailer park levels of dysfunction tossed in.

And I'm not entirely convinced the Rock/Smith deal wasn't scripted dysfunction.

posted on Mar, 27 2022 @ 11:17 PM
link   
The clothes the people wore at the Oscars today kind of sucked, the wife and I watched a little of it where they interviewed some people before it started. What the hell kind of clothes are they promoting these days, the guys suit pants looked uncomfortable and weird. The women's dresses...so irrational, we could not figure out how they went to the can with those on. The sheen on the cloths looked weird too....I would never wear any of those clothes. With that sheen, maybe it would be good for sliding down a snow covered hill.

Where do they get designers these days, the stuff was mostly ugly...not that I think a suit is nice looking in the first place. Some of the womens dresses looked like something you would wear to bed too, is this to attract guys who would drool over them?

What they talked about in the interviews was so out of touch with reality of the middle class...we could only watch about fifteen minutes because more than that would make you looney.

posted on Mar, 27 2022 @ 11:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

originally posted by: alldaylong

So you want to " cancel culture " ?

Right.

The entire entertainment industry is corrupt and morally bankrupt. They create garbage and then want awards for it. I don’t agree with canceling their awards show per se, but I also wasn’t planning to watch these demonic assholes congratulate each other.

We have been watching way more Canadian movies and shows lately, plus some from other European countries and a few from Asia. I think all the good screenwriters and directors moved to other countries now, leaving some real weird people in Hollywood. We have watched a few from America, some of them coming from locations other than California or New York are better.

When what we see in politics in DC seems worse than "Days of our lives" I feel we got problems that cannot be fixed.

posted on Mar, 27 2022 @ 11:51 PM
link   

It's that time again....the Oscars.... actors and actresses seeking praises.

What a waste of TV time. These fascist get their chance to spread on TV their hate and racists attitudes to white people and conservatives.

Not only is money and fame important to these wannabes but they seek to be worshipped!

And to top it off...today's movies, for the most part suck!

I don't watch that sh!t, but my wife does. I have no use for a bunch of entitled @ssholes patting each other on the back for being overpaid while pretending to be something they aren't. Reminds me of a saying...

Strong minds discuss ideas
Average minds discuss things
Weak minds discuss other people

Cheers - Dave

posted on Mar, 28 2022 @ 12:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: bobs_uruncle

It's that time again....the Oscars.... actors and actresses seeking praises.

What a waste of TV time. These fascist get their chance to spread on TV their hate and racists attitudes to white people and conservatives.

Not only is money and fame important to these wannabes but they seek to be worshipped!

And to top it off...today's movies, for the most part suck!

I don't watch that sh!t, but my wife does. I have no use for a bunch of entitled @ssholes patting each other on the back for being overpaid while pretending to be something they aren't. Reminds me of a saying...

Strong minds discuss ideas
Average minds discuss things
Weak minds discuss other people

Cheers - Dave

Isn't there another saying, know thy enemy...
It's certainly is garbage but it will be on the minds of the millions tomorrow.

posted on Mar, 28 2022 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Ha ha.
Couldn't help but see 'the news'.

What a total farce.

Rock makes a crap joke out of Smith's wife.
Smith slaps Rock.

Wow.

Rock has made a career out of # jokes.
Smith's wife talks about all sorts of stuff publicly.....including her alopecia.
Smith laughs at the joke then thinks he best feign anger and decides to SLAP Rock.

Sorry, if I thought someone was out of order in taking the piss out of my wife it wouldn't be a slap, the natural reaction is to punch....especially someone like Smith who revels in 'coming from the streets'.

Absolute bollocks.

And then to compound things he starts crying whilst making the cringeiest speech imaginable.

These people are just so far up their own arses, their pretentiousness knows no bounds.

posted on Mar, 28 2022 @ 06:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
And then to compound things he starts crying whilst making the cringeiest speech imaginable.

"I want to be a vessel of love. Uh, now hold my beer while I smack a bitch."

#ISupportChrisRockAndHisBaldJokes

posted on Mar, 28 2022 @ 07:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

What a douche. He can't take a joke from a comedian so he physically assaults chris rock.

Then he gives a speech crying about how hard it is to be an actor, while being in the limelight getting disrespected.
edit on 28-3-2022 by CptGreenTea because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join