It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oscars.....time to cancel permanently

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2022 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Well the Oscars for what I read around were as trashy and political as usual, is not fashion to see just more trash, is not glamour to see just trash.

This what the liberal woke is doing to what once used to be a night of, shine, glamour, fashion and rewarding real talent.

Oscars are dead.

posted on Mar, 28 2022 @ 08:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

will smith is an idiot and he should in court for assault
i dont like celeb culture at all its jest loads of rich people gloating over how great they are and how they struggle to find the perfect role and to really get into character

all the while giving condescending speeches about how we need to be woke and love the planet and consume less while they consume more

if I told a joke and some # assaulted me on tv like that , id stick the heid in them right there and then , will smith would be collecting his award from the #ing hospital

posted on Mar, 28 2022 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I honestly feel bad for the dude. He's in love with a cynical succubus who cucked him for the world to see on live television. The reaction is a symptom of deeply repressed anger and despair.

Still, he should have held his composure ofc. Maybe this episode Will make him realize how bad that sham of a marriage really is

posted on Mar, 28 2022 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: CptGreenTea

What a douche. He can't take a joke from a comedian so he physically assaults chris rock.

If that's what constitutes a 'physical assault' nowadays....

If someone had done that around here they'd become a laughing stock, they'd be ridiculed non-stop.

I think it would have been hilarious if Rock had fired back and give him a good kicking....now that would be TV worth watching!

Then he gives a speech crying about how hard it is to be an actor, while being in the limelight getting disrespected

Pretentiousness of the highest order....what a bunch of absolute bellends.

posted on Mar, 28 2022 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

If that's assault I would have been lifed off years ago!🤣🤣🤣

posted on Mar, 28 2022 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Agreed...Very few worthwhile films and acting... It was all show and no substance.

posted on Mar, 28 2022 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Soo this is peachy, CNN’s Asha Rangappa, is Blaming Trump for the getto display by Will Smith in the Oscars.

CNN analyst blames Trump for aftermath of Will Smith-Chris Rock Oscars incident

A CNN analyst appeared to blame the chaotic scene that occurred after Will Smith slapped Chris Rock during the 94th Annual Academy Awards on none other than longtime CNN nemesis former President Trump.

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Mar, 28 2022 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I still wish Wesley Snipes would have been the host
instead of Chris Rock. Would have been a different
meme.

The most pathetic portion was Mr Smith's
acceptance speech. He had the audacity to justify
his ghetto immature behavior by stating Venus
and Serena Williams Father was a fierce defender
of his family.

Apparently Mr Smith is clueless to the fact
that their Father abandoned his first family and
was a dead beat Dad.

From the days of gentlemen like Sidney Poitier
vs our present modern day black actor who
has brought black on black crime to the Oscars.

What a total embarrassment.
edit on 3/28/2022 by MrBlaq because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2022 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Regular person: Did you see Will Smith slap the # out of Chris Rock!!! It was da BOMB!

ATSer: Note how Chris sets his feet and clamps his hand behind his back before the strike. It was planned. Now Will Smith has street cred, and Jada will lurve his response.

Regular Person: WTF!!! Will Smith CRIED when he accepted his award and apoligized to the Academy!

ATSer: Wul........ he IS an actor........ who just acted well enough to win an Oscar........ ummm

posted on Mar, 28 2022 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer

I have no problem with the Oscars going on ad infinitum. But I do think people should stop going to movies and start going to community theater. Its a lot more enjoyable and the money goes directly back into the places its shown. The movie industry has largely spewed garbage for the past 25 years. No one can be blamed for ditching them.

posted on Mar, 28 2022 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I honestly didnt realize it was happening till the 10 billion breakdowns popped up on youtube.

If people stop tuning in it will go away permanently.

posted on Mar, 29 2022 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Thank god one of them wasn’t white!
The white does the hitting = white privileged = blm riot!
The white guy tells the joke and gets hit = white privileged = blm riot.

posted on Mar, 29 2022 @ 03:55 AM
link   
You either stand up and speech or punch but never slap.

posted on Mar, 29 2022 @ 08:49 AM
link   
For me, when the Kramer vs Kramer kid didn't win, it was over for me. If anyone deserved to win, that kid did. What a performance!

posted on Mar, 29 2022 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

Maybe he deserves an oscar for getting people to believe the fake punch was real. Pfizer sponsored the awards show. They're also about to move an alopecia drug into a second round of testing. Hope its not as poisonous as their vaxx. But now they have publicity and Will Smith the hasbeen gets an Oscar for his commercial. he's a putz.
He's also a very crappy father. His 2 kids by Jada are total messes and he didn't " protect" them from the Hollywood child feeders.

posted on Mar, 29 2022 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: DeathSlayer
Don't tell me you plan on watching the Oscars?

Man, you'd think the Hockey Players were on strike again.

I'm watching the Oscars and a fight breaks out.

posted on Mar, 29 2022 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
a reply to: DeathSlayer

I agree, I do not watch that crap anymore, Actors used to have talent, only a few does, I admire those, but the rest are nothing but props in front of a green screen that makes everybody believe they are acting something.

Fake scenarios and graphics has taken over talent.

I say, praise those behind scene doing the real work with graphics

And after a while, cars blowing up and steamy sex scenes get a little boring. We watch the Korean Netflix instead of crummy Hollywood garbage, as they are a bit cleaner and they develop their characters more. We should be fluent in Korean by now ...

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join