It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Today's the Day! Canadians Needed in Ottawa NOW!!! NO CHILDREN!!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2022 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Why tell people to go to Ottawa? You can’t get into the core now unless you live there or have other valid reasons to be there. No protesters allowed in. Taking your kids is irresponsible because if you get arrested your kids will be put in foster care unless you have family to quickly get them to. If you’re from out of town it’s not likely you have a back up caregiver.

It’s time to truck off. Get the truck out. Tamara Lich and Chris barber (big red) have been arrested. I wonder how long it is before Pat King is. He isn’t helping with his big mouth, always claiming it was a false report when it wasn’t. Or exaggerating incidents that never happened.

XL5

posted on Feb, 18 2022 @ 01:00 AM
link   
a reply to: ThatDamnDuckAgain

Why I came to that line of thinking is when I was interested in Germany and watched documentaries and travel shows about it and its people, granted about 20-25 years ago. Things may have changed but maybe there was a point where they didn't want to talk about it and the shows I watched were outdated at the time. It came from other people I have met as well At the time(20-25yrs ago) I didn't know why they didn't like talking about it and recently looked deeper into Hitlers rise and fall and found out that people of the time went along with it where as in school they never brought that part up! Thus, in my post I thought that this might be the reason they don't like taking about it. I didn't think I needed to go some other country to learn about it. so that is how I came to that.

Though, I do think some one saying that all Mexicans speak Mexican IS making a broad claim about them. I think that if some one is wrong about something no matter how many times random people say it, that it should be pointed out in a neutral way otherwise if enough hate is given generalizations and stereotypes will be made. Being mad at people won't get the rest of them to know better.

This site brings it up. Honest question,is it right or wrong about anything?: theculturetrip.com...

posted on Feb, 18 2022 @ 01:01 AM
link   
a reply to: canuckster

Good one! Thanks!

posted on Feb, 18 2022 @ 01:06 AM
link   
a reply to: violet

lol It's only getting started. Just wait for the boat convoy from the East Coast. A lot more trucks coming too!

posted on Feb, 18 2022 @ 01:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: violet
Why tell people to go to Ottawa? You can’t get into the core now unless you live there or have other valid reasons to be there. No protesters allowed in. Taking your kids is irresponsible because if you get arrested your kids will be put in foster care unless you have family to quickly get them to. If you’re from out of town it’s not likely you have a back up caregiver.

It’s time to truck off. Get the truck out. Tamara Lich and Chris barber (big red) have been arrested. I wonder how long it is before Pat King is. He isn’t helping with his big mouth, always claiming it was a false report when it wasn’t. Or exaggerating incidents that never happened.

Nice attempt at demoralization. It's idiots like you who are the reason we are in this mess in the first place, and the reason the truckers needed to step up and plan this courageous and heroic demonstration. You should be ashamed, but I'm almost certain you don't have the self-awareness, intelligence or humanity to even understand just how wrong you are. At any rate, your side is now losing, and thank God for that.

posted on Feb, 18 2022 @ 06:10 AM
link   
a reply to: XL5

Lol so you watched some documentaries a quarter century ago and now 25 years later you are an expert on us and qualified to make such claims.... ok.

Case closed for me.

posted on Feb, 18 2022 @ 07:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
How is this anymore egregious than when Occupy Toronto was forced to evict St. James Park?

This protest is shoveling snow, feeding people, and picking up trash. I'm going to go out on a limb and say the occupy protest was vandalism, litter, rape, and open air defecation.

Remember when Occupy came out with their own credit card? Barrel of laughs, innit? That's like if the truckers started requiring proof of vax to enter the protest.

posted on Feb, 18 2022 @ 07:58 AM
link   
It's about time this got cleared up.

a reply to: LoneCloudHopper2

posted on Feb, 18 2022 @ 08:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: hombero
It's about time this got cleared up.

a reply to: LoneCloudHopper2

Yes, it is. It's past time to end the government and medical tyranny and to let these hard working people get back to their regular lives!

posted on Feb, 18 2022 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Some fascist governments act more or less quickly than others.

The fascist government in Washington has been holding 40+ citizens in the DC jail without charges for over a year now, Habeas Corpus be damned.

I suspect the fascist government in Ottawa will be acting very much the same in due time.

posted on Feb, 18 2022 @ 08:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
a reply to: Ksihkehe

Blame the victim for trusting the banks, gotcha. How exactly should they move large funds from thousands of locations all over the continent without banking? Should people send them cash in envelopes?

They screwed up in their supply chain. They put themselves on the front line and were cut off from the rear. What the truckers did was not to just protest the mandates, they wanted to fight a war. They wanted to bring down the Trudeau government. This was a revolutionary act, not a mere ''protest''. Blame the victim? Ha. If one puts oneself in front of a speeding locomotive there is no on to blame but the one who walked onto the tracks.

Poor analogy. Because we expect a locomotive to follow the relevant laws, in this case the laws of physics, it would be stupid to step in front of it. Because we expect the government to follow their own laws, it's completely reasonable to expect you will not be illegally targeted by federal actors abusing emergency powers.

Show me the evidence that anybody in charge of the convoys came with the intention of starting a war or taking down the government. It's even more laughable than calling Jan 6th an "insurrection". They only serious act of violence so far was protesters being targeted by an Antifa loon.

As a weekend long protests about the mandates, this event was fine, make the point and move along. As a long term act of revolution it was not. The planning for a weekend worked fine but there was no planning for a longer event. ''Breaker Breaker, this is Trucker Tommy, over. ''Hey good buddy, this is Kennworth Kenny coming back atcha. Hey let's head up to Ottawa and stage a boycott of the entire downtown for months and months and try to bring down the government. Oh and don't forget to bring along a couple of tuna sandwiches. '' Nope, they screwed their supply chain and over estimated their ''good buddies'' the banks.

Duration is irrelevant and a protest does not become an act of revolution based on duration. If that were the case everybody that protested with BLM should be sitting in jail and the Jan 6th detainees should be cut loose. A few hours vs a few years. There's a clear disparity when the same guy supporting BLM, whose protests were plagued with bad actors causing violence, is also seizing the bank accounts of non-violent protesters who just happen to be associated with an opposition party view.

The rest of your post is to me off base likely turned by the examples of ''feel'' you exhibited while writing it. You keep thinking that I am defending the government and opposed to the truckers. You are wrong. I'm just assessing the situation and facing reality, not some dream that I"m going to park my truck in front of Trudeau's house and get him to buckle.

They wanted a discussion, but he refused to even speak to this group. Instead he immediately started to slander his own citizens and make intentionally inflammatory remarks, many of which were false or misleading. They're doing what's within their means to do, which is parking their trucks in Ottowa.

Your disdain for the truckers obviously supercedes your dislike of authoritarian government, it's blatant in your posts. As far as I'm concerned two weeks of a roads being blocked in Ottowa is far less egregious than the actions of the government over the past two years. Canada was worse than all but the most out of control US states. The policies almost certainly caused significant hardship to those living outside the cities, with more dependence on small businesses for basic necessities. Trudeau and the leaders have damaged rural Canada in ways that may last decades. The truckers impact will be gone in days.

This is the culmination of many years of greivances that went ignored. Blue collar and rural people have been dealing with crappy policy that isn't crafted for their situation for decades, state and federal. They want a voice. The mandates were a step too far and now they're looking for answers to decades of greivances.

posted on Feb, 18 2022 @ 09:26 AM
link   
I feel bad for you guys...

posted on Feb, 18 2022 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Salander

Tamara Lich apparently will stand before court today on charges of counseling mischief.

Ottawa police

XL5

posted on Feb, 18 2022 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: ThatDamnDuckAgain

Lol so you watched some documentaries a quarter century ago and now 25 years later you are an expert on us and qualified to make such claims.... ok.

Case closed for me.

So you learned what you did when you were a child and you use that knowledge today, you are the one to twist things. Then again I can't expect less, ATS/internet has taught people its always an argument even if it doesn't need to be for fear of being the lesser man.

I never claimed to be an expert.

posted on Feb, 18 2022 @ 11:43 AM
link   

So you learned what you did when you were a child and you use that knowledge today, you are the one to twist things. Then again I can't expect less, ATS/internet has taught people its always an argument even if it doesn't need to be for fear of being the lesser man.

We were 15/16/17 years old (10th class) and it is history. The behavior has not changed much either. I keep a bit tabs on it as the German media will report and new findings, regardless if negative or positive.

You have no idea and just try to wind yourself around to save a bit face now. Why else would you use the child/today example when it's history and also, much bigger factor I am German and live here.

I won't try to explain an American or any other nationality how their culture is working, but that's what you do. Just look at you lol. Also we should stop it now because offtopic!!

edit on 18.2.2022 by ThatDamnDuckAgain because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2022 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Seems the difference is it took longer for them to bring in the guns and armoured vehicles in China.

OTTAWA—Large groups of police, some on horseback and some carrying assault rifles and what appears to be rubber bullet launchers, have begun moving in on protesters in Ottawa, backed up by armoured vehicles.

You must be so happy to live in a society where you are free to protest against unwarranted medical procedures.

Would you be all for a mandate that allowed a knock on the door for your kidney?

Please, you call that a straight question? If so, the answer is no. But you know as well as I do that it was not a straight question.

So what would be a more of straight forward question ?
Here's the government trying to give a life altering medical procedure to you to save someone else. Simple direct give-up your organs.

You don't agree but will do nothing as the government can pass any law and you will not inconvenience anyone else with a protest.

XL5

posted on Feb, 18 2022 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: ThatDamnDuckAgain

I was that age too when I saw those documentaries, I continued to hold that knowledge the way every one would. I agree its off topic, have a good day.

posted on Feb, 18 2022 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Canada is using Chinas book.

Surround the protesters, have dozens of check points.

They will get each person and make an extreme example out of them.

This abuse of power by the Canadian government is disgusting and should be condemned by everyone.

What type of person can vote for someone like Trudeau?

posted on Feb, 18 2022 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Ksihkehe

K. I do not disagree with much of what you are pointing out. In fact, I agree with much of it. I don't know as I have disdain for the truckers or appreciation of the government, rather I think it is simple recognition. Actually, I consider the truck protest to be a valiant effort. Wait, let me change that wording. I consider it to have been a valiant effort.
Why? Because as I have commented earlier if not in discussion with you, then with others, that I am in concurrence with your statement below which you reiterated a couple of times in your reply.

This is the culmination of many years of grievances that went ignored.

And the time to address those grievances was years ago. Decades ago. A goddamned half a century ago. Place this protest convoy in the center of Washington DC in 1970 and the this place might be a very different place. I don't know, but maybe.

To a degree I share the spark that motivates much of the conservative surge today, it has much in common with the surge of the liberals of the middle of the last century (not this mamby pamby liberalism of today) but it has one big, huge major flaw that prevents me from accepting it as a viable or even desirable alternative to the encroachments on our freedoms and the future of liberty. That one major flaw is that it has been usurped by a media created con man who put himself on a podium and said the words they wanted so desperately to hear. "" I am the only one you can trust. I am the only one who can save America'' A Bozo the Clown par excel-lance. Kick him to the curb and find a smarter(shouldn't be hard to do) standard bearer and I would be much more inclined support the revolutionary spirit of this decade.

posted on Feb, 18 2022 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bloodworth
Canada is using Chinas book.

Surround the protesters, have dozens of check points.

They will get each person and make an extreme example out of them.

This abuse of power by the Canadian government is disgusting and should be condemned by everyone.

What type of person can vote for someone like Trudeau?

Whatever happens today, Trudeau's reputation and the police's reputation is ruined, here and worldwide.

The damage is done.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join