It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Today's the Day! Canadians Needed in Ottawa NOW!!! NO CHILDREN!!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+21 more 
posted on Feb, 16 2022 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Ottawa Police have issued warning today that truckers must leave or face arrests. The criminalization of a peaceful, constitutionally protected protest continues by the Fascist Trudeau and Ottawa Police leadership. Brian Peckford, the last surviving signatory of the Charter of Rights and Freedoms, has made it very clear that Trudeau's actions have been unconstitutional!

A warning to protesters was released Wednesday morning by the Ottawa Police Service (OPS) advising demonstrators to leave the area or face possible arrest.

“You must leave the area now. Anyone blocking streets, or assisting others in the blocking streets, are committing a criminal offence and you may be arrested,” said an OPS release.

“You must immediately cease further unlawful activity or you will face charges. If you are arrested you may be released on bail depending on factors contained in Part 16 of the Criminal Code.”

westernstandardonline.com...

URGENT MESSAGE:

Video from: www.facebook.com...

edit on 16-2-2022 by LoneCloudHopper2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2022 @ 01:14 PM
link   
If Trudeau and the Canadian government were really fascist, they would have rounded up those people who have been blocking the streets of Ottawa weeks ago and put them in camps. Or just shot them in the streets and buried them in a hole.
There would be no '' If you are arrested you may be released on bail depending on factors contained in Part 16 of the Criminal Code.”

+21 more 
posted on Feb, 16 2022 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Where were Mussolini's camps or mass graves when he coined the term facism?

Benito Mussolini coined the term “fascism” in 1919 to describe his political movement. He adopted the ancient Roman fasces as his symbol. This was a bundle of rods tied around an ax, which represented the power of Rome.

Mussolini established the first fascist regime, followed soon after by others, including Nazi Germany. Fascism, however, differed somewhat from one nation to another. Thus, scholars often disagree on a precise definition of fascism. Even so, they tend to agree on its common characteristics such as:

Absolute Power of the State: Fascist regimes have a strong centralized state, or national government. The fascist state seeks total control over all major parts of society. Individuals must give up their private needs and rights to serve the needs of the whole society as represented by the state.
Rule by a Dictator: A single dictator runs the fascist state and makes all the important decisions. This leader often uses charisma, a magnetic personality, to gain the support of the people.
Corporatism: Fascists believe in taming capitalism by controlling labor and factory owners. Unions, strikes, and other labor actions are illegal. Although private property remains, the state controls the economy.
Extreme Nationalism: The fascist state uses national glory and the fear of outside threats to build a new society based on the “common will” of the people. Fascists believe in action and looking at national myths for guidance rather than relying on the “barren intellectualism” of science and reason.
Superiority of the Nation’s People: Fascists hold up the nation’s people as superior to other nationalities. They typically strengthen and unify the dominant group in a nation while stifling dissent and persecuting minority groups.
Militarism and Imperialism: Fascists believe that great nations show their greatness by conquering and ruling weak nations. Fascists believe the state can survive only if it successfully proves its military superiority in war.

www.crf-usa.org...#:~:text=In%20Italy%2C%20Benito%20Mussolini%20used,re presented%20the%20power%20of%20Rome.

edit on 16-2-2022 by zosimov because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-2-2022 by zosimov because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2022 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
If Trudeau and the Canadian government were really fascist, they would have rounded up those people who have been blocking the streets of Ottawa weeks ago and put them in camps. Or just shot them in the streets and buried them in a hole.
There would be no '' If you are arrested you may be released on bail depending on factors contained in Part 16 of the Criminal Code.”

He hasnt done it yet. YET

+16 more 
posted on Feb, 16 2022 @ 01:23 PM
link   

If Trudeau and the Canadian government were really fascist, they would have rounded up those people who have been blocking the streets of Ottawa weeks ago and put them in camps.

There's a thing called "soft fascism" where they don't need to use physical violence, because they don't have to. They "cancel" you. They take away your freedoms and your right to earn a living. They won't let you fly, they won't let you work, etc.

+13 more 
posted on Feb, 16 2022 @ 01:23 PM
link   

I don't think you understand the word fascism.
...or moose hunters

posted on Feb, 16 2022 @ 01:25 PM
link   

It's escalating and escalating, the stripping away of our rights and freedoms. Call it "increasing authoritarianism and increasing dictatorship towards a state resembling Fascism" if you prefer.

posted on Feb, 16 2022 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: zosimov

Well certainly my post was in hyperbolic rebuttal of a hyperbolic OP. But thank you for posting a closer look at what it is to be a fascist state, something we all should pay attention to.

That said, may I point out the final paragraph of the definition you provided us with?

Militarism and Imperialism: Fascists believe that great nations show their greatness by conquering and ruling weak nations. Fascists believe the state can survive only if it successfully proves its military superiority in war.

Please wake me from my slumber when Canada begins to demonstrate signs of conquering and ruling weaker nations or demonstrating their military superiority in war.

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 16 2022 @ 01:30 PM
link   

I'll also direct you to this segment of my post:

Fascism, however, differed somewhat from one nation to another. Thus, scholars often disagree on a precise definition of fascism. Even so, they tend to agree on its common characteristics such as:

The point to which you referred was one example. And since you pointed this final point out, do you agree that Canada is exhibiting the other common characteristics?

posted on Feb, 16 2022 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: LoneCloudHopper2
emergency act canada

It asserts that any government action continues to be subject to the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms and the Bill of Rights.

I've yet to find any indication that the proper avenue has been utilized through legislative means???

All provinces must be united to invoke the act?

What am I missing?

posted on Feb, 16 2022 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Call it "increasing authoritarianism and increasing dictatorship"

Nope. It's fascism.

posted on Feb, 16 2022 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Organizer Pat King has responded to the Ottawa Police threat, asking everyone to HOLD THE LINE. He also points out that the document is not signed/stamped. But King himself expressed warning of military equipment being brought in today. He expects that something may go down tonight, if it does.

www.facebook.com...

Bluff or not? Parliament has a week to approve the Emergences Act, but by all accounts Trudeau is planning to use the act in the meantime. How is that legal? I'm still waiting for a legal expert to explain that part.
edit on 16-2-2022 by LoneCloudHopper2 because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Feb, 16 2022 @ 01:36 PM
link   

What part of " BLM/antifa can burn, loot and murder and are not terrorists in the eyes of Canadian/US governments, but civilians peacefully protesting (which is constitutional) are considered terrorists by these same governments " don't you understand ? They are illegally disallowing people access to their bank accounts (you know, needed to buy food , pay rent etc) in order to assert their power

posted on Feb, 16 2022 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: loveguy

It seems to be confusing to everyone, myself included. It has not been passed by Parliament yet. They have a week to agree or stop the act. From my understanding, according to media reports, Trudeau can USE the act in the meantime. I am still waiting for a lawyer to explain that. I don't get it either...

posted on Feb, 16 2022 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Well you dont just one day be full authoritarian and commit such actions. It's a step by step process.. they get away with what they can under the law and over time change a few laws here and there under the guise of something else.

Totalitarian tip-toe some call it

And sometimes they decide to step outside the law and hope no one fights back

posted on Feb, 16 2022 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: LoneCloudHopper2

It's escalating and escalating, the stripping away of our rights and freedoms. Call it "increasing authoritarianism and increasing dictatorship towards a state resembling Fascism" if you prefer.

I don't know much about Canada's government. How can the people get rid of Trudeau?

posted on Feb, 16 2022 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Trudope the fiend is pulling a fast one as bush did with WMD 🐂💩!!!

You answered my question, thanks.

Louis xvi v. 2.0?

reference

The case of Louis XVI was different since, although he did not murder anyone with his own hands, he was also executed. The French people blamed him for all their misfortunes and the disaster that had afflicted their homeland. Clearly, it would be difficult to pronounce the king completely guilty in this respect as the country was governed by his ministers and advisors

However, the king failed to understand what was required and made many mistakes during his rule. For example, he suppressed riots and executed people, allowed his country to start a war that caused thousands of casualties, and he failed to ensure the development of the economy to prevent famine and unemployment (Jones 28). Louis XVI had the power to make final decisions as the political order of France was absolutism, putting it within his scope to make hard decisions and start painful but needed reforms. Therefore, he can be said to have been responsible for the deaths of many even though he did not actually commit murder.

🙏❤

edit on (2/16/2222 by loveguy because:

edit on (2/16/2222 by loveguy because: (no reason given)

edit on (2/16/2222 by loveguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2022 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: LoneCloudHopper2

Yes. Increasing authoritarianism it is and that to me is a much better term for all national authorities. Calling someone Fascist is to narrow a claim, it doesn't require us to look more closely at the circumstances and complexities of modern governance.

It has taken the Canadian government more than three weeks to begin to clear the streets of Ottawa. How long do you think Canada should allow these protesters to bollix the free flow of city streets before they even try to put an end to it. Just because those stupid city governments in a couple of US cities were overly inactive against the rioters and looters does not mean that it's now ok to do what the Truckers Convoy is now attempting to do.

posted on Feb, 16 2022 @ 02:04 PM
link   

In a world where such rudimentary national measures such as basic border security, election security measures as simplistic as voter ID, and criticism of blatantly partisan lies from media outlets are widely portrayed as fascist, I find it disingenuous to argue that fascism demands bodies strewn in streets and storm trooper mass arrests without warning when it's a liberal who is correctly accused of being a fascist. While what's been seen in Canada from Trudeau so far could be properly classified as soft fascism, it is still a fact that fascism is occurring and has been occurring from his political side for some time now.

+3 more 
posted on Feb, 16 2022 @ 02:06 PM
link   

a reply to: zosimov
Please wake me from my slumber when Canada begins to demonstrate signs of conquering and ruling weaker nations or demonstrating their military superiority in war.

So, we just ignore the arrest of peaceful protesters and seizure of bank accounts under emergency rules? Have they seized the mansion that BLM funded in Canada?

It's time to just accept that the left has become a global authoritarian organization. When you defend them, using semantics of all things, it just makes you look like a hack.

There is no justification for any of this. This is using the power of the state to threaten and intimidate perceived political opponents, with the end goal of ruining their lives as an example to anybody else that might challenge the chosen.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join