It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Student, 20, who repeatedly raped girl, 12, he met on Tinder avoids jail

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2022 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr
a reply to: UpThenDown

After reading it id say the judge made the right call. The guy thought she was an adult after all she had her car and claimed to have her own place. They met on Tinder where she claimed she was an adult. He had no indications she was underage the only thing I can think he could have done was to check her ID but I don't know anyone that does that on a date.

So if she was older the rape is ok with you? Or are you saying the rape itself shouldn't count because she acted suggestively?

Im trying to figure out what flavor crazy you are.
edit on 26-1-2022 by TrollMagnet because:

posted on Jan, 26 2022 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: JAGStorm
Like someone mentioned, will ID verification be needed in the future?

I'm sure facial recognition and EID will be mandatory for these apps in the future.

I’m not sure what is required on this apps now, but somehow this girl got past it. Facial recognition might
Be a good thing to prevent this and maybe even some human trafficking.

posted on Jan, 26 2022 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrollMagnet

After reading it id say the judge made the right call. The guy thought she was an adult after all she had her car and claimed to have her own place. They met on Tinder where she claimed she was an adult. He had no indications she was underage the only thing I can think he could have done was to check her ID but I don't know anyone that does that on a date.

So if she was older the rape is ok with you?

Pretty sure it's only "rape" because SHE got caught, not him. Someone got mad and it wasn't the girl.

edit on 26-1-2022 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2022 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: TrollMagnet

I think everyone really needs to read the story. “Rape” was the word used because she was underage, which the man did not know, and had no way of knowing.

Mascall did not groom and exploit the girl and he did not use force, she added, but because of her age she could not consent.

posted on Jan, 26 2022 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I know my comments will be unpopular, but think about it.

What in the hell is a twelve year old doing on Tinder? Sadly, some girls do develop early and look much older than they are. Call it a trick of nature. Where were her parents? The guy could have been with a victim of the silly girl with no malice in his heart.

I’m glad I wasn’t the judge trying this one.

posted on Jan, 26 2022 @ 06:41 PM
link   
The United States of America is in full cultural and societal collapse.

Stick a fork in her; she's done!

posted on Jan, 26 2022 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

How many people do I need to point to who claimed to be ignorant of the law, but are still rotting in prison anyway to prove your argument is not an actual defense?

England loves pedos.

posted on Jan, 26 2022 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: incoserv

England, not USA

posted on Jan, 26 2022 @ 07:08 PM
link   

How many people do I need to point to who claimed to be ignorant of the law, but are still rotting in prison anyway to prove your argument is not an actual defense?

England loves pedos.
Your statement is implying that he was not aware it was illegal for him to have sex with a 12 year old, but that's not exactly the issue here. He didn't know she was 12. He had no reason to suspect that she was lying about her age.

I assume that since she's still a minor, then there isn't any picture of her currently available. Without a picture, I don't really think that any of us are capable of reaching an accurate definitive stance on this particular matter.

posted on Jan, 26 2022 @ 07:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: incoserv

England, not USA

Perhaps both?

posted on Jan, 26 2022 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

The guy thought

A prison sentence would be Ok then .
Dad always said , "never attempt anything if one does not have the tools to do it".
"Thinking" applies first and foremost .

posted on Jan, 26 2022 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: UpThenDown
a reply to: Gothmog

And eternity in hell for impersonating a human with morals and decency

Agreed , and I don't give a rat's ass what they "thought" . (the perp AND the judge)
That low-life knew .

posted on Jan, 26 2022 @ 07:32 PM
link   

There have been cases of people who DID ask for an ID, one was provided that showed they were over 18, turned out the girl wasnt and the guy went to jail for rape.

posted on Jan, 26 2022 @ 07:34 PM
link   

So if she was older the rape is ok with you? Or are you saying the rape itself shouldn't count because she acted suggestively?

Im trying to figure out what flavor crazy you are.

If she was older it would not be rape, as her age is the only reason it is rape, per the story she was not unwilling.

posted on Jan, 26 2022 @ 07:35 PM
link   

I’ll tell you first hand some 12 year olds look 20 something.

I partly agree. A 12 year olds body can definitely look like a 20 year olds. However, it’s all in the face. Facial features haven’t been fully developed at 12.

I understand. My daughter hit puberty at 8. A lot can development in 4 years. Just not in the face.

I think the 20 year old dude was horny and didn’t GAF. He’s lucky we live in such a messed up world.

posted on Jan, 26 2022 @ 07:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: BrokenCircles

England loves pedos.
Your statement is implying that he was not aware it was illegal for him to have sex with a 12 year old, but that's not exactly the issue here. He didn't know she was 12. He had no reason to suspect that she was lying about her age.

I assume that since she's still a minor, then there isn't any picture of her currently available. Without a picture, I don't really think that any of us are capable of reaching an accurate definitive stance on this particular matter.

Here is my HUGE problem with your logic.

I am almost 40 years old. Do you think I could pull off that defense?

NO WAY. I would be rightfully rotting in prison right now. Because I know that is true, that tells me the judge gave the offender special treatment, because I am 100% certain that is NOT the treatment I would get if I did something that horrible.

Ignorance is not a defense

posted on Jan, 26 2022 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

I think everyone really needs to read the story. “Rape” was the word used because she was underage, which the man did not know, and had no way of knowing.

Mascall did not groom and exploit the girl and he did not use force, she added, but because of her age she could not consent.

If there's a hint of doubt, don't flop it out!

Shocking verdict, but it really doesn't surprise me anymore.
Judge, rape victim, and pedo should all be sterilised so that they can't add to the gene pool.

posted on Jan, 26 2022 @ 08:00 PM
link   

No one is claiming ignorance of the law.

posted on Jan, 26 2022 @ 08:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

originally posted by: UpThenDown
a reply to: Gothmog

And eternity in hell for impersonating a human with morals and decency

Agreed , and I don't give a rat's ass what they "thought" . (the perp AND the judge)
That low-life knew .

Because you're psychic, or because you know the guy personally and were there when it happened?

posted on Jan, 26 2022 @ 08:54 PM
link   

I am 72 and I am a rape survivor; I was young and just waiting outside a restaurant for a cab. I went into therapy and worked hard at getting well, mentally, emotionally, spiritually...major trust issues.

I feel very sad for that young woman...and I hope and pray she chooses to get well.

As for the rapist...on his death bed he will regret; Heaven will deal with him.

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join