It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Student, 20, who repeatedly raped girl, 12, he met on Tinder avoids jail

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2022 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Student, 20, who repeatedly raped girl, 12, he met on Tinder avoids jail after judge said he was 'immature' and thought she was over 16 while his 'sexualised' victim acted 'suggestively'

This could quite frankly be the worst story I have read in years, more victim shaming by the Judge, utter lack of policing of their own website by Tinder

I seriously think the judge should be tried for total lack of common sense and zero ability to uphold the law, Tinder should be fined a substantial amount for their total lack of ensuring their app/website is is used by age appropriate users.

I really cant begin to understand how this has been allowed to be passed as a sentence

He admitted three counts of rape of a child under 13 at Inner London Crown Court and spent seven months in custody until he was released on bail last month.

Judge Freya Newbery said there was 'no suggestion' Mascall had 'any paedophile tendencies at all'

'It shows that she wasn't in distress while she was with you and at one point she seemed to act in a sexually suggestive way towards you,' she said.

'She was undoubtedly a highly vulnerable child herself. She was sexualised and active on social media, including Tinder, pretending to be an adult.

The Judge needs immediaty disbarring and the case should be looked at agin with a proper and full sentence handed out

Disgusting, vile and without doubt no thought for the 12 year old girl and her future or safety

I am in total shock by this case and can not in any way understand what the hell the Judge was even thinking

DISGRACEFUL!!!!!!!

posted on Jan, 26 2022 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: UpThenDown
DISGRACEFUL!!!!!!!

Agreed.

posted on Jan, 26 2022 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: UpThenDown

The Judge needs immediately disbarring and the case should be looked at agin with a proper and full sentence handed out

Prison time for impersonating a judge .

+9 more 
posted on Jan, 26 2022 @ 05:10 PM
link   

After reading it id say the judge made the right call. The guy thought she was an adult after all she had her car and claimed to have her own place. They met on Tinder where she claimed she was an adult. He had no indications she was underage the only thing I can think he could have done was to check her ID but I don't know anyone that does that on a date.

posted on Jan, 26 2022 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

edit on 1/26/2022 by TheLead because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2022 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: UpThenDown
I am in total shock by this case and can not in any way understand what the hell the Judge was even thinking

Now he's not sequestered from father's vengeance.

posted on Jan, 26 2022 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

After reading it id say the judge made the right call. The guy thought she was an adult after all she had her car and claimed to have her own place. They met on Tinder where she claimed she was an adult. He had no indications she was underage the only thing I can think he could have done was to check her ID but I don't know anyone that does that on a date.

I don't give a rat's a$$ what he says.

edit on 26-1-2022 by Ghostsdogood because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2022 @ 05:19 PM
link   
There is a large (and growing) number of these crazy judges and prosecutors in Europe and the U.S.
They don't seem too concerned about the victims. They think the criminals are the ones who need help. They need understanding and nurturing. It's mean and cruel to send them to jail. They're too poor to afford bail. Just let 'em go.

posted on Jan, 26 2022 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

That’s what his defence team would have put forward, they are paid to do so.

No one should have considered it an appropriate defence

It is against the law FULL STOP

The defence team should also realise they sold their souls to the devil in getting him off with it.

posted on Jan, 26 2022 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ghostsdogood

The age of consent in the UK is 16 so the question becomes did she look at least 16? Id be interested to see tinder profile and see what age she actually used or claimed to be.

My question is what parents throw out a 12-year-old girl onto the streets? They had to know this was going to lead to a bad situation

edit on 1/26/22 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2022 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ghostsdogood

The age of consent in the UK is 16 so the question becomes did she look at least 16? Id e interested to see tinder profile and see what age she actually used or claimed to be.

My question is what parents throw out a 12-year-old girl onto the streets? They had to kow this was going to lead to a ad situation

My answer is still 12.

For the guy.

I have no idea why a 12 year old was on the street in the first place.

That is also disgraceful.

posted on Jan, 26 2022 @ 05:24 PM
link   

I don't know about that, the judge seems to be coaching him.
He comes's from a strong and supportive family who recently kicked him out?
Did she arrive in her own car, or what led to the belief?
Did they look at communications?
Who filed the charges?
edit on 1/26/2022 by TheLead because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2022 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

And eternity in hell for impersonating a human with morals and decency

posted on Jan, 26 2022 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheLead

I don't know about that, the judge seems to be coaching him.
He comes's from a strong and supportive family who recently kicked him out?
Did she arrive in her own car, or what led to the belief?
Did they look at communications?
Who filed the charges?

Good question I think possibly she is pregnant and would have had to identify the father ?? if that is not the case then I would guess her parents found out and pressed charges. However I see this as their fault who throws a 12 year old girl out on the streets? No parenting here whatso ever they just gave up on her.

posted on Jan, 26 2022 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Are you going to tell me you can’t tell the difference between a 12 and 16 year old - just by looking at them?

I’m sorry, this girl wasn’t even a freaking teenager yet. Absolutely no justification will suffice here.

posted on Jan, 26 2022 @ 05:36 PM
link   
dbl
edit on 26-1-2022 by AugustusMasonicus because: dey terk er election

posted on Jan, 26 2022 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Is it normal in the UK for a 12 year old to live alone in her own home and own a car? No guardianship or adult supervision? Where's this money coming from and who is monitoring her welfare? Is it possible her manner was genuinely misleading and convincing to the point he didn't bother with basic fact checking?

I'm one of those rare types who believes in what you might call "jailbait" as in underage predators who take advantage of stupid men and then pretend to be the victim. Not exactly common but certainly not impossible.

edit on 26-1-2022 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2022 @ 05:40 PM
link   

My question is what parents throw out a 12-year-old girl onto the streets? They had to know this was going to lead to a bad situation

It doesn't say she was living on the streets, it says he was living in his car.

posted on Jan, 26 2022 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCO

Are you going to tell me you can’t tell the difference between a 12 and 16 year old - just by looking at them? I’m sorry, this girl wasn’t even a freaking teenager yet. Absolutely no justification will suffice here.

I can’t believe I’m saying it, but I think the judge got it right. I’ve been around kids in that age group for a long time. I’ll tell you first hand some 12 year olds look 20 something. Just visit Wisconsin, some of these kids are near 6ft and fully grown at that age.

Back to the ruling. There was actually video footage and the judge said this is an extraordinary rare case. My guess is the girl actually looked much older and the man in question had zero ability to know she wasn’t. Like someone mentioned, will ID verification be needed in the future? The man in question had no reason to believe this child was a child, none. He isn’t a pedo, he was just a guy looking for a girlfriend.

This is a sad case and one that the parents or guardians are at fault too.

posted on Jan, 26 2022 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
Like someone mentioned, will ID verification be needed in the future?

I'm sure facial recognition and EID will be mandatory for these apps in the future.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join