It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You know who you are. . . .

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Jan, 24 2022 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Got a certified letter today.

Apparently I am 6,000 dollars behind in payments to a Jeep Wrangler that I leased in Miami Florida.

The only problem is that I haven't been to Florida or Miami since 1979 and that was during Spring Break.

I have been identity thefted.

Now the ONLY person I know that lives in Florida is IAMTAT.

I'm not pointing fingers, but, he did say he was a Nigerian Prince and could get me some money if I gave him my SSN and banking info.

I'm still waiting for that money since I'm now fighting a bill for a leased Jeep!

/rant

posted on Jan, 24 2022 @ 09:05 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Hahahahaha

What dealership let’s someone get 6k behind in payments before contact???

“ le persone cadono per qualsiasi cosa, idioti.”

I’m learning Italian

Have a wonderful (meraviglioso) night. And “grande fortuna” on your endeavors

posted on Jan, 24 2022 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: SeektoUnderstand

Since I live in Oregon, on the coast, and they mailed it to me, in Oregon, on the coast, is most funny.

posted on Jan, 24 2022 @ 09:11 PM
link   

So you’re dealing with a “Jeep Ghost, Coast to Coast”

posted on Jan, 24 2022 @ 09:11 PM
link   

edit on 24-1-2022 by SeektoUnderstand because: Double post

posted on Jan, 24 2022 @ 09:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Got a certified letter today.

Apparently I am 6,000 dollars behind in payments to a Jeep Wrangler that I leased in Miami Florida.

The only problem is that I haven't been to Florida or Miami since 1979 and that was during Spring Break.

I have been identity thefted.

Now the ONLY person I know that lives in Florida is IAMTAT.

I'm not pointing fingers, but, he did say he was a Nigerian Prince and could get me some money if I gave him my SSN and banking info.

I'm still waiting for that money since I'm now fighting a bill for a leased Jeep!

/rant

Are you REALLY sure it was him?

posted on Jan, 24 2022 @ 09:17 PM
link   

On the bright side... Since they identity thefted you, they have to assume your social credit score too.

So in reality, jokes on them.

posted on Jan, 24 2022 @ 09:19 PM
link   
a reply to: SeektoUnderstand

No kidding! I had threats of repo on my… Jeep actually lol, which totalled $800.
I was 3 payments behind. And not concurrent payments either. That was spread out over 6 months or so - yeah I went through a rough time about 15 years ago.
They hounded me damn near everyday.
Not a chance would they let me forget for a single day that I was in their pocket for 8 snaps.

posted on Jan, 24 2022 @ 09:34 PM
link   

¡Dios mio!

There are some really sketchy dealerships down in Miami. Hope you can get it sorted. That's really terrible.
edit on 1/24/2022 by cmdrkeenkid because: Fixing typo

posted on Jan, 24 2022 @ 09:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

On the bright side... Since they identity thefted you, they have to assume your social credit score too.

The jokes on them since I'm actually a Nigerian Prince!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
edit on 24-1-2022 by DBCowboy because: Covid drank my beer

posted on Jan, 24 2022 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Refer them to Gunther, and if you like Gunther too much, I'll let you have DKD. That one isn't happy unless she has a crisis going in her life to make it "interesting" (her words), so if she doesn't have something in her life, she'll make something out of my work day. Make her happy. Give her a crisis.

posted on Jan, 24 2022 @ 10:30 PM
link   
So, the guy who got that car was a Jeep "Wrangler"? He probably chopped it up into Jeep Meat and sold it off.

posted on Jan, 24 2022 @ 10:32 PM
link   

I don't think any kind of prince will protect you if you do the wrong speak....

Unless you're Saudi that is.

posted on Jan, 24 2022 @ 11:42 PM
link   

IAMTAT can't reply at the moment he is busy offroading somewhere in the Atacama desert.

posted on Jan, 24 2022 @ 11:47 PM
link   

That's terrible that they'd defraud you that way by saying some charlatan used your info to lease a Jeep.

It's not a Jeep it's a Land Rover.

posted on Jan, 25 2022 @ 01:14 AM
link   
I was getting a letter from a Texas law firm claiming to be seeking a collection of an unpaid fine to Florida DMV for a traffic incident in 2011. Except any Floridian can tell you, they will never clear your license until you have paid up everything and gotten stamped stuff from the clerk of the court.

After actually going to the DMV and speaking with them to see if I had anything unpaid and if my license was indeed suspended, they said everything is good, no outstanding debts or suspension. The letter also mentioned that this civil debt would not affect my license (ha! Idiot non Floridians have no clue how stingy our DMV is) so I checked my credit anyways. My credit is clear.

Seems like an uptick in fraudulent scams claiming to be collections lately.

posted on Jan, 25 2022 @ 03:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

The thieves didn’t think this one through to far it seems lol

posted on Jan, 25 2022 @ 04:15 AM
link   
Harry-as-a-boy ..."He's an evil Prince, dear, and part time theatre critic, too, and they don't make a heck of a lot of money on Broadway. We should probably feel sorry for him. Those are some of the least expensive cuts of pork."

Rhonda. ..." At least he didn't p**s on my fox".

Harry-as-a-boy ..."Don't worry, dear, it'll come right out of the fur with Woollite."

THING-FISH. FZ.

posted on Jan, 25 2022 @ 04:52 AM
link   

I think I just saw it go by in the Canadian Covid Convoy...

Thought a Jeep with Miami plates and a sign that said Go, Nigeria!!! was out of place....

posted on Jan, 25 2022 @ 05:22 AM
link   

He also runs the best pharmacy with most competitive pricing. The friendly rep who called me, bless his accent, said I can See Alice for lowest price guarantee.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join