It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Havana Syndrome

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2022 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: didntasktobeborned

I don’t rightly know, I just learn to live with it……

There is a progressive..number 4) ….for me

General hearing loss from aging ☹️

Well perhaps going deaf may help 🙂

👽🛸🍺🤔

posted on Jan, 18 2022 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: InachMarbank
Hope you're doing well.

Thank You. Things are as good or as bad as they can be in this moment.

I was born left handed. My father proceeded to make me right handed, for fear that me having to use right handed tools would cause some sort of social retardation. Pretty funny. Anyway, have this coping mechanism where I intentionally do every thing.(maybe not everything..see the confusion , I think dad failed haha) left handed, so over time Ive been able to 'master'(LOL..not that..Im gonna leave it just to show I can take a joke.) certain things left and right handed…Bruce Lee had a concept similar that he called Broken Rhythm..It doesn't have to be used just for Kung Fu..something as simple as changing the side of your face when beginning to shave causes all sorts of situations to arise…HAHA..this was not intentional but its CLASSIC..

You know you'll always have the Lord by your side..I was so pleased to be informed of this, I ran twenty red lights in his honor..Thank you Jesus..Thank You Lord..Mick Jagger
edit on 18-1-2022 by didntasktobeborned because: moron

posted on Jan, 18 2022 @ 02:05 PM
link   

a reply to: Ophiuchus1

I don't think going deaf would help, in fact, I think it would have quite the opposite effect. Then you couldn't drown it out with external noise. It's generated by the brain and not an actual noise.

I've been suffering from it for many years also, and have learned to ignore it most of the time. If I start paying attention to it it's easy to see how it could drive someone to suicide. Mine is a combination of two discordant sounds, the higher and louder in the left ear. And they seem to modulate in some way to achieve maximum disruption. Lots of times it sounds like cicadas but it seems to change to other kind of sounds in the same category.

I thought that was really interesting what you said about tinnitus in the left vs right ear and the implications of it. Fascinating really.

posted on Jan, 18 2022 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: wtbengineer

I don't think going deaf would help, in fact, I think it would have quite the opposite effect. Then you couldn't drown it out with external noise. It's generated by the brain and not an actual noise.

I've been suffering from it for many years also, and have learned to ignore it most of the time. If I start paying attention to it it's easy to see how it could drive someone to suicide. Mine is a combination of two discordant sounds, the higher and louder in the left ear. And they seem to modulate in some way to achieve maximum disruption. Lots of times it sounds like cicadas but it seems to change to other kind of sounds in the same category.

I thought that was really interesting what you said about tinnitus in the left vs right ear and the implications of it. Fascinating really.

Who knew? There’s actually a American Tinnitus Association (A.T.A.)….just found it…I will have to check it out at some point….

Understanding the Facts

—————————————————————————

Here’s something to ponder…… everything has a resonance frequency……

What if tinnitus is actually the resonance frequency of the brain……and we who have it, are more sensitive to pickup on it as part of our hearing? Versus those who don’t have it.

We are hearing our brains in operation! Through our auditory system.

Hmmmm

👽🛸👍🏼🍺
edit on 18-1-2022 by Ophiuchus1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2022 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Cheers. To being ambidextrous!

Thoughts and prayers.

posted on Jan, 18 2022 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Thoughts and prayers.

I was just coming back to tell you ..Thank You for the well wishes that You previously expressed, for in my haste I neglected to show my appreciation..And Thank You again for this time.
And Im grateful I lived long enough to correct the disregard.
edit on 18-1-2022 by didntasktobeborned because: social

edit on 18-1-2022 by didntasktobeborned because: explore

posted on Jan, 18 2022 @ 06:48 PM
link   

That's interesting, hearing our brains operating... listening to the firing of neurons... I've been told that it's from hearing loss and our brains are manufacturing the frequencies that we can't hear well. I don't see how that makes much sense. My ears have been doing this for way longer than I've possibly had any hearing loss. I still don't feel like I'm losing any but my doc says differently.... I like your theory!

posted on Jan, 18 2022 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: wtbengineer

Judging by your Avatar…which is cool by the way…..I think you’ll be game for a small experiment experience…….

I have the perfect example….on what needs to be done. Go with me on this…cause it works for me.

The idea here is to pullback and up, your front neck muscles with your mouth closed, teeth un-clenched.

Then try with your mouth closed and your teeth clenched.

Below is a person who is doing exactly what I’m describing…you try.

Try to get in a area which doesn’t have much noise.

Listen ……within your head……do you hear it?

Post what your experience is ……and then I will describe what I experience

(By the way…this person seems to have a dermatology problem as well as not having a close shave…..imo)

👽🛸🥃
edit on 18-1-2022 by Ophiuchus1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2022 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Sorry, I tried this (without seeing and example because I think your link is broken) and didn't notice anything. I could just be dense. Please tell me what you are experiencing will you?

Glad you like my avatar btw.

Oh wait, it just popped up. I think this site is just slow sometimes. I was doing it totally wrong but I don't know that it makes that much difference. I'm hearing a sort of "shweee" kind of modulation on my tinnitus when I do it with my teeth clenched.
edit on 1/19/2022 by wtbengineer because: to add

edit on 1/19/2022 by wtbengineer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2022 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: wtbengineer

I'm hearing a sort of "shweee" kind of modulation on my tinnitus when I do it with my teeth clenched.

Exactly! I have no other way to describe it other than the way you did.

It proves you can create this sound in your head only to be heard by you in your auditory system. Is the “shwee” an amplification of tinnitus frequency pitch/tone or an additional hidden frequency pitch/tone independent of the tinnitus, that’s only internally hearable, when doing the neck muscle action to bring it out for only you to hear?

Quite interesting actually…..we are hearing sounds we can create ourselves within the human head for us to hear.

Adds a whole new meaning when you try to explain hearing noises in your head….and people condescendingly say ….ahhh..”it’s all in your head”.

With this neck muscle contraction technique…..you can now have your doctor or others try it. It will prove a human can hear sounds in their head because they could probably hear it for themselves. It should, imo, work for those who don’t have tinnitus….which I believe to be a single much more narrowed frequency pitch/tone than the “shwee” frequency pitch/tone we both hear….unless as I mentioned, the “shwee” is the amplification of the tinnitus.

You, I, and those hearing tinnitus are not crazy as some would think. I have just proven that with the neck muscle contraction technique.

Thanks for participating in this experiment….we have verifiable repeatable results….others would be able to verify as well and probably those without tinnitus.

You can explain to those that …tinnitus is usually a single tone…at least for me…but by demonstrating for themselves using the technique…the shwee sound is similar. The main thing is they’ll get, and experience your point of the similarity of hearing noises in the head.

Perhaps all people have some level of tinnitus, (based on my internal brain resonance frequency theory perhaps) but those that can actually hear it louder are more sensitive and susceptible to it.

You know, in further thoughts……the “shwee” frequency pitch/tone, kind of sounds like a composite frequency pitch/tone of multiple layered octave frequencies combined…in a way…at least for me.

Now back to the thread topic……

👽🛸👍🏼🥂🍻🍾🎉
edit on 19-1-2022 by Ophiuchus1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2022 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Just adding my experience, my tinnitus began very abruptly causing total hearing loss in my right ear. However, that hearing loss pretty much recovered within 3 days.

posted on Jan, 19 2022 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Okay, so we are experiencing the same thing. What does it mean? You have provided lots to ponder, I've never thought that deeply about tinnitus before. It's just been a constant annoying companion that I've learned to ignore, for the most part.

The "ahhh, it's all in your head" response, I never understood that. What a vast place for anything to reside. In our heads. Everything we experience in life is 'all in our heads' isn't it?

posted on Jan, 19 2022 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: InachMarbank

Did you do something to cause it? like fire a weapon or get too close to an explosion or something? You're fortunate I think that your hearing came back so quickly. Did the tinnitus stay around after the hearing came back or did that disappear?

Oh and sorry, don't mean to derail your thread.
edit on 1/19/2022 by wtbengineer because: to add

posted on Jan, 19 2022 @ 06:03 PM
link   

a reply to: sarahvital

When I think about how stupid politicians appear in debates and through their statements, and I compare it to how awesome this technology is, it blows my mind how such stupid people could be responsible for such awesome technology.

yeah i know but they are only the purse holders.
most of them never sold a glass of lemonade in their life let alone make something.

posted on Jan, 19 2022 @ 07:41 PM
link   

I'm not sure what caused it. There wasn't an explosion, nor any loud noise, nor any apparent change in my environment.

I can barely hear it now in my right ear if I plug my ear. Even the slightest noise is usually enough to drown it out. But sometimes, maybe a few times a week, it fires off a loud hum in the drum, at varying frequencies, usually in right ear, but occasionally in left.
edit on 19-1-2022 by InachMarbank because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2022 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: InachMarbank

Curious, do you have any instances of clairvoyance, esp, premonition, the thinking about someone…only to be contacted by the person you was thinking about? Things like that….…anything of the 6th sense?

👽🍸

posted on Jan, 20 2022 @ 09:39 AM
link   
****************************************BREAKING!!!*************************************

CIA Reports Most "Havana Syndrome" Cases Not Caused By Foreign Group

posted on Jan, 20 2022 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Very strange and confusing dreams.

My favorite one was when I was 11 or 12 years old, I had the most pleasant dream that I was driving a car on a rainbow road with an animated teddy bear as my guide.

posted on Jan, 20 2022 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Erno86

"reasonably explained by medical conditions or environmental and technical factors, including previous undiagnosed illness"

Please reasonably explain what environmental and technical factors are behind this?

Otherwise the response looks like gaslighting the victims.

posted on Jan, 20 2022 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Very strange and confusing dreams.

My favorite one was when I was 11 or 12 years old, I had the most pleasant dream that I was driving a car on a rainbow road with an animated teddy bear as my guide.

Where I was headed with the 6th sense was, yet another theory….

What if tinnitus is a function of having a 6th sense?

But your response throws that out of the window.

👽🛸☕️🍩

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join