It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Supreme Court Justice Sonia Sotomayor says a FETUS is the same as a BRAIN-DEAD Person.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2021 @ 08:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Ghostsdogood

Like I said you have not right to tell me what to believe, soo end of it, science is good when it benefits what people wants to believe.

posted on Dec, 1 2021 @ 08:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp
a reply to: carewemust

Again, where does God say this?

Yes, under God's eyes we are all beautiful, I guess. But God washed his hands of destiny, and left the sins pf our parents on us, a sort of old generational debt thing. He doesn't have a say in our lives at all really.

Well, since neither of us has proof either way (beyond some writings or gut feelings) we'll just have to leave it at that.

posted on Dec, 1 2021 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Sotomayor continued. "There's about 40 percent of dead people who, if you touch their feet, the foot will recoil."

There are 8 billion living people on Earth and we are greatly outnumbered by the dead. We finally have proof that zombies are real from the highest level of government.

posted on Dec, 1 2021 @ 08:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: M5xaz

Actually, it's true for Democrats:

Brain-dead in womb
Brain-dead after coming out of womb
Brain-dead at the polls
Brain dead after going back in the grave ( but they can still VOTE...)

It makes Republicans look even dumber, that a group of Brain-Dead's were able to steal a major national election, for a brain-dead candidate.

posted on Dec, 1 2021 @ 08:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

Like I said you have not right to tell me what to believe, soo end of it, science is good when it benefits what people wants to believe.

"science is good when it benefits what people wants to believe"

Thank you for such a PERFECT example of the democrat BELIEF system.

And again, I make no, zero, nill, none, nyet, arguement that you aren't free to BELIEVE any nonsense that you want. We ALL are.

You are NOT free to post or support scientific and factual falsehoods here without expecting to be challenged on THAT.

Unborn babies are NOT braindead tissue, as this hero of the left, Supreme Court Justice claims.

That is NOT a belief, it is a FACT.

Might be helpful to learn the difference.

link   
so, life is the same as death.

the hidden word is: depopulate

link   

originally posted by: RazorV66

originally posted by: Ghostsdogood
a reply to: marg6043

Have we invented a soul meter yet?

Or are you just making stuff up based on your Feelz?

And she didn't just say no soul, she said brain dead tissue.

Easily provable through existing science. She knows this. Democrats know this. You know this.

So why all the flat out false propaganda on the subject?

Liberals also believe there are 32 genders or whatever, so there is that.

Male + Female + Hermaphrodite + 29 more?

posted on Dec, 1 2021 @ 08:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jason79

Sotomayor continued. "There's about 40 percent of dead people who, if you touch their feet, the foot will recoil."

There are 8 billion living people on Earth and we are greatly outnumbered by the dead. We finally have proof that zombies are real from the highest level of government.

I did think it was a wild revelation from Sotomayor. That 40% of dead people have physical sensitivity!

posted on Dec, 1 2021 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Marg didn't imply brain dead.

Marg implied it's an empty vessel on idle, not yet with a driver until after exiting the tunnel.

It's a acceptable & plenty logical belief for the esoteric, I'm atheist and can even get the concept of that much as middle-ground agreement.
edit on 12/1/2021 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2021 @ 09:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: shaemac
She is an idiot.
SCIENCE says that a fetus has a beating heart at 5-6 weeks.
At 5-6 weeks, the brain starts to develop and show brain activity = an alive brain (not brain dead).
The zygote has unique DNA from the mother and father.

From a religious perspective, God says that he knew each of us before we were born.

Jeremiah 1 1
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart;

Thank-you! I was hoping a medical professional would chime in. That's why I placed this thread in the MEDICAL forum.

lol I am not a medical professional. Im an analyst although one of my degrees is a science degree.
Im also a mother and went through a full 9 month pregnancy....so I am prolife based on actual science and experience.

edit on 2021 by shaemac because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2021 @ 09:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

I am having a great time with the believes of some, they just will not think beyond their bubble of self-righteousness.

Love it, I am not even a religious follower or neither support any religious organization but I have read the bible several times, I am not atheist, by personal experience I do see a higher power, and I can tell that is no a man that is for sure.

In a spiritual level a fetus is not a person until Is born and takes the breath of life.

thanks for the post Nyiah.

posted on Dec, 1 2021 @ 09:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

Marg didn't imply brain dead.

Marg implied it's an empty vessel on idle, not yet with a driver until after exiting the tunnel.

It's a acceptable & plenty logical belief for the esoteric, I'm atheist and can even get the concept of that much as middle-ground agreement.

Correct, she didn't imply it, but the justice's statement that she is supporting in her post flat out stated it directly.

Repeatedly.

Are you unaware that the babies brainwaves can be accurately detected and observed before birth with a relatively common procedure nowadays?

en.wikipedia.org...

Or that 3rd trimester unborn babies have brain activity nearly identical to recently born babies?

It is not accurate to describe these babies as braindead.

Believe what you want about killing them, but not going to get away with calling them braindead tissue.

posted on Dec, 1 2021 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: lordcomac

God isn't real, humans made him up for power.

There is a higher power.

Human's attempts at describing the phenomena created different religions... different Gods.

If you want to get technical, the higher power has been created by all of us.

Some religions have been perverted for power, others have not.

It isn't as black and white as you make it seem.

To the OP... since the SCJ has pointed out that brain dead people can have the plug pulled on them and her response to the subject at hand proves that she has no discernible brain function, can we abort her now?

posted on Dec, 1 2021 @ 09:11 PM
link   
a reply to: shaemac

I have to disagree. A newborn baby does not remember a thing. A one month old baby does not remember a thing. A 6 month old baby does not remember things. Some studies believe (but it is not fact) that people MAYBE can remember things from 2.5 years old....but that is just maybe.

What you posted is merely an opinion.

It is also quite untrue.

posted on Dec, 1 2021 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Most babies are born around nine months, but there are a lot of premature babies born several weeks before their due dates. Their brains seem to be working. No one can say when the brain truly starts working in the womb. Anyone who thinks they can is crazy. Babies are very active in the womb, talk to any mother they will tell you.

Interesting how a pregnant woman can be murdered and the baby as well and they will charge for both murders. It is completely different if the mom chooses to terminate the pregnancy. Horrible that is is okay to kill an unborn child, but I think the punishment will come later, during judgement day.

posted on Dec, 1 2021 @ 09:16 PM
link   

And if I support the justice believes what is to you, the last time I check we were still a democracy and I have the right to believe whatever I want, when we turn into a communist country you let me know.

We are in a debate forum no a court.

posted on Dec, 1 2021 @ 09:20 PM
link   

"Yet, the literature is filled with episodes of people who are completely and utterly brain dead responding to stimuli,"

Yep. Even brain-dead people still have reflexes, as do non-sentient pre-viable fetuses.

One the other hand, you have Justice Amy Barrett saying women don't need abortions because they can just drop the kid off at any Fire Station. I guess she thinks women are just empty vessels to be used to make babies for the government.

posted on Dec, 1 2021 @ 09:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jason79

You're overthinking this. All the quote means is that Sonia Sotomayor is so repulsively off-putting, that 4 out of 10 dead bodies she makes physical contact with will violate the laws of nature and reanimate in an effort to recoil from her touch.

TBH, until I see them both in the same place together with my own eyes, part of me will continue to suspect Sotomayor is, in fact, Bartolo Colon in drag and pretending to be a judge.

edit on 1-12-2021 by burdman30ott6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2021 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Once the baby is delivered, that baby is STILL dependent upon the mother just as much as it was inside the womb. That baby cannot survive on its own. You leave it there alone, it dies. This is non-debatable. Just as much as the unborn baby has a beating heart at 5/6 weeks and brain at 5/6 weeks. A male's brain is not even fully developed until the age of 25! Sorry guys, but that is science. haha

The baby is the same living being inside, as it is outside w/ only a barrier of fluid, skin, fat, muscle (mere centimeters). Inside it is ever growing. Outside, we are all ever growing....and men take longer. haha

While I will not chastise anyone here or anywhere for their beliefs - I have already spent years in my past debating with people - I wont not state the facts. Someone has to continue to fight for the unborn. I have done so since I was a teenager where I attended the March for Life in DC every year for 15+ years.
edit on 2021 by shaemac because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2021 @ 09:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

To the OP... since the SCJ has pointed out that brain dead people can have the plug pulled on them and her response to the subject at hand proves that she has no discernible brain function, can we abort her now?

To your point, if unborn children are a burden and a financial strain, thus the reason(s) to terminate their lives, then killing the homeless and those on welfare should be allowed as well.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join