It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All 3 defendants found guilty of murdering Ahmaud Arbery

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2021 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Not gonna lie us Georgians were more than a little concerned, still are but it seems like a fair and just verdict, just as the Rittenhouse verdict was.

Now it all depends on if certain elements are going to riot, loot, and burn-in jubilation like they do when they are angry at a verdict.

chicago.suntimes.com...

BRUNSWICK, Ga. — All three white men charged in the death of Ahmaud Arbery were convicted of murder Wednesday in the fatal shooting that became part of a larger national reckoning on racial injustice.

The convictions for Greg McMichael, son Travis McMichael and neighbor William “Roddie” Bryan came after jurors deliberated for about 10 hours. The men face minimum sentences of life in prison. It is up to the judge to decide whether that comes with or without the possibility of parole.

www.cnn.com...

A jury delivered guilty verdicts Wednesday on murder charges against three White men who chased and shot Ahmaud Arbery as the 25-year-old Black man jogged last year through their Glynn County, Georgia, neighborhood.

A jury found Travis and Gregory McMichael guilty of murder Wednesday on charges they chased and killed Ahmaud Arbery, a 25-year-old Black man, as he jogged last year through their neighborhood in Glynn County, Georgia.
edit on 24-11-2021 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

edit on Wed Nov 24 2021 by DontTreadOnMe because: IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on Nov, 24 2021 @ 01:02 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Nov, 24 2021 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Of course they did even though only one man pulled the trigger....

a reply to: putnam6

posted on Nov, 24 2021 @ 01:07 PM
link   
They will get off no way they aren't filling appeals and how can anyone say for a fact they got a fair trial after the Kyle verdict .. I think they went looking for trouble myself but the current state of America will get them off or at least another trial .

posted on Nov, 24 2021 @ 01:08 PM
link   
All three should be guilty of charges, but only one person actually pulled the trigger. I do not think that the guy behind in the car that took pictures of the event should have been charged with murder, maybe a lesser charge or penalty should have been given to him. They should have just stopped to talk to the guy and called the cops to pick the guy up and question him. If I was a black guy and someone was trying to stop me with guns, I would try to run away too. That whole incident did not have to happen, but the guilty parties were definitely the three guys who were charged.

I have had people go into my houses when I built them, there were no doors. We had to barrier off things so nobody would fall down the stairs to the basement and always put something over the upstairs windows so kids would not fall out when they came around in the evenings. No tools were left out, I built seven houses and many garages and additions, you are not going to stop people from checking them out.

posted on Nov, 24 2021 @ 01:11 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Nov, 24 2021 @ 01:12 PM
link   
how did they know arbery had dirty toe nails?

Was he jogging barefoot?

posted on Nov, 24 2021 @ 01:15 PM
link   
So no riots? Or will Portland riot in celebration?

I don't disagree with this ending. But the racial division really has to stop. It's the rhetoric from the extreems on both sides that causes things like this to happen.

posted on Nov, 24 2021 @ 01:19 PM
link   

I can't judge at all because I'm not a part of the jury. However to me
who ever pulled the trigger committed murder and should fry for it.
Didn't they go home and go to bed after they killed this kid? It doesn't
get much colder than that.
edit on 24-11-2021 by Randyvine2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2021 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Did the court case establish whether or not he was actually jogging or was he there to steal?

posted on Nov, 24 2021 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ravenwatcher
They will get off no way they aren't filling appeals and how can anyone say for a fact they got a fair trial after the Kyle verdict .. I think they went looking for trouble myself but the current state of America will get them off or at least another trial .

I don't think so, it isn't about the state of AMERICA, it's about Glynn County and Brunswick, lots of people and businesses want this stuff to end so they can open up and get back to normal. The community doesn't want the spotlight on them,anymore.

posted on Nov, 24 2021 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

I don't disagree with this ending. But the racial division really has to stop. It's the rhetoric from the extreems on both sides that causes things like this to happen.

i don't like the rev Al.

posted on Nov, 24 2021 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Randyvine2

I can't judge at all because I'm not a part of the jury. However to me
who ever pulled the trigger committed murder and should fry for it.
Didn't they go home and go to bed after they killed this kid? It doesn't
get much colder than that.

I understand the sentiment, the man who pulled the trigger is definitely screwed for a long long time, now we will see in the sentencing phase. For the shooter, I can't see anything less than life without parole. But to get a feeling Id to have to see how often that happens in a Brunswick Court.

posted on Nov, 24 2021 @ 01:37 PM
link   
no surprise there
they're as guilty as Rittenhouse is innocent

posted on Nov, 24 2021 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tempter
Did the court case establish whether or not he was actually jogging or was he there to steal?

I heard that angle, but unless he was threatening the shooter or physically harming someone else, It doesn't justify taking a man's life.

The shooter said in open court under questioning that Aubery didn't threaten him. That sealed the case just like the testimony of Gaige in the Rittenhouse trial, saying Rittenhouse didn't shoot him till he raised his gun and advanced on him.

It's clear in the video Aubery wasn't approaching the shooter.

posted on Nov, 24 2021 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: acackohfcc
no surprise there
they're as guilty as Rittenhouse is innocent

Yep if we don't lie and come up with BS rationalizations it's as obvious as the nose on your face. To me, it's semi encouraging

posted on Nov, 24 2021 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: sarahvital

originally posted by: network dude

i don't like the rev Al.

Who does?

posted on Nov, 24 2021 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

There will be riots and lootings regardless people let them get away for too long most people I know who go to riot or protest are only in it to get the free loot most don't even give a darn.

+1 more 
posted on Nov, 24 2021 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Tempter

Does it matter?

Even if he had been slinging heroin to school children, the fact that he was hunted down and executed still makes it murder.

posted on Nov, 24 2021 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Funny, I don't see all those media assholes and celebrities who were whining about the Rittenhouse result demonstrating how racist the country and the judicial system are (after a white man shot 3 white attackers) now pointing at this case where 3 white attackers are found guilty of killing a black man talking and tweeting about how the result shows this country and judicial system aren't as racist as they were claiming.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join