It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rittenhouse Prosecutor Points Gun In Courtroom With Finger On The Trigger

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2021 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Lead prosecutor in the Kyle Rittenhouse trial Thomas Binger held his finger on the trigger of a pointed gun during closing arguments Monday.

Video of the moment shows Binger raising the gun and pointing it to his left. Photos from another angle show his finger on the trigger as the gun is pointed.

“What we see in the video, him putting the fire extinguisher on the ground and then raising the gun,” Binger said as he raised the gun. He was pointing the firearm during closing arguments in an attempt to show the jury how Rittenhouse allegedly held his own gun leading up to the shootings.

Rittenhouse Prosecutor Points Gun In Courtroom With Finger On The Trigger

There is no excuse for this. Full stop.

This is the same manner of reckless, woefully uneducated behavior in the arena of firearm safety, that recently led to loss of life in the filming of the movie 'Rust'.

No magazine is inserted into the weapon, but by no means does that mean that weapon is safe, as any experienced, reasonable person knows.

These are the people that are tasked with serving the interests of justice for the people of Wisconsin?

posted on Nov, 20 2021 @ 07:36 AM
link   
This woman dresses this idiot down better than I ever could.

posted on Nov, 20 2021 @ 07:36 AM
link   
a reply to: SleeperHasAwakened

He could have pulled a Baldwin.

posted on Nov, 20 2021 @ 07:39 AM
link   
And the "fact checkers" already "debunking" this extremely irresponsible, dangerous act.

"Mostly safe pointing of firearms at other people"

Media/journalists weighing in on subjects of which they know less than a young child.

posted on Nov, 20 2021 @ 07:41 AM
link   

"I'm having the detectives check it to make sure it's safe"

I think drawing parallels with the 'Rust' shooting isn't really a valid comparison , the gun was no doubt checked before it entered the court room and checked again before it was handed to Binger.

posted on Nov, 20 2021 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Stupid is as stupid does.

That man should be disbarred.

posted on Nov, 20 2021 @ 07:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

I think drawing parallels with the 'Rust' shooting isn't really a valid comparison , the gun was no doubt checked before it entered the court room and checked again before it was handed to Binger.

and yet, until you check it yourself, the golden rule of firearms is that it's loaded. And you never point a weapon at something you don't intend to kill. And you keep your finger off the trigger at all times, until you are ready to shoot.

This is basic stuff. Not something someone from O'ld Blighty might know, since your ability to have weapons is curtailed greatly, but this is something everyone should know, just in case they happen upon a weapon. This is how people get "accidentally" killed.

posted on Nov, 20 2021 @ 07:49 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

A. Pretty sure that was a joke, the truth remains the same the jury could have been "baldwined"
B. Proper gun safety is to personally check the weapon yourself.

Hence why Binger is an absolute moron, also why Baldwin is guilty and will hopefully be in court someday soon.
edit on America/ChicagoSaturdayAmerica/Chicago11America/Chicago1130amSaturday7 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2021 @ 07:54 AM
link   

"The gun was no doubt checked", sort of like how Alec Baldwin was told his gun was "cold" prior to having it handed it to him.

There are so many things wrong with your attempted rationalization of this gortex.

The cardinal sin of handling a firearm: pointing the barrel at something you don't intend to shoot at

His finger also had no reason to be inside the trigger guard.

You never, EVER "trust" that a firearm handed to you was checked and is unloaded. The very VERY first thing that idiot should've done when handed the weapon was to pull back the charging handle, lock back the bolt, inspect the chamber and MAKE SURE, WITH HIS OWN EYES, that the weapon was not loaded.

It doesn't matter if you just watched someone clear the firearm the second before handing it to you.

Exercising poor habits leads to building a complacent, unsafe mentality in handling firearms.

Whoever secured this weapon for the prosecutor, "detectives" or LEO, should be ashamed for handing the firearm to inexperienced and naive person like that. POOR FORM all the way around.

posted on Nov, 20 2021 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Is it just me or is pointing a deadly weapon at the jury considered jury tampering by threatening them with bodily harm or death? If I were the judge, he would have gone out of that courtroom in handcuffs.

posted on Nov, 20 2021 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Your comment reeks of ignorance and inexperience with firearms! Please excuse yourself.

posted on Nov, 20 2021 @ 07:58 AM
link   
a reply to: elementalgrove

Binger is an absolute moron because he's the one prosecuting the Right's hero of the moment Kyle Rittenhouse , the indignation at his piece of courtroom theater is symptomatic of that not because he may have shot someone with an empty gun.

posted on Nov, 20 2021 @ 08:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: beyondknowledge
Is it just me or is pointing a deadly weapon at the jury considered jury tampering by threatening them with bodily harm or death? If I were the judge, he would have gone out of that courtroom in handcuffs.

Had I been in that jury box, I would have fallen to the floor and screamed out to the judge from my prostrate position that that moron was threaten - or at least endangering - the jury.

I get like that when someone points a weapon at me. I'm kinda funny like that. 🤷

posted on Nov, 20 2021 @ 08:27 AM
link   
a reply to: incoserv

I'm with you.
I teach kids gun safety at the conservation club and would have been hitting the deck if a kid did what this lawyer had done

posted on Nov, 20 2021 @ 08:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: incoserv

Your comment reeks of ignorance and inexperience with firearms! Please excuse yourself.

Word.

posted on Nov, 20 2021 @ 08:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: SleeperHasAwakened
And the "fact checkers" already "debunking" this extremely irresponsible, dangerous act.

"Mostly safe pointing of firearms at other people"

Media/journalists weighing in on subjects of which they know less than a young child.

Regarding firearm safety, I never thought there was any sort of 'gray area'.
You're either safe and responsible, or you're not.

posted on Nov, 20 2021 @ 08:49 AM
link   
If I had been in that courtroom and he had pointed the gun directly at me, I don't think I would have been able to remain sitting there quietly. Hard to say for sure, but I probably would've called him a few names and demanded that someone immediately take the weapon away from that reckless idiot.

Quite a few years ago, I went off yelling at an old guy walking in a parade for pointing his gun directly at me and my girlfriend. I was probably a bit excessive but he pissed me off. We were sitting on the curb of a side street, not even on the main parade route, but the VFW was down that road so they were walking in our direction after they exited the parade. He was walking towards us with his gun aimed directly at our heads.

posted on Nov, 20 2021 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Binger is an absolute moron because he's the one prosecuting the Right's hero of the moment Kyle Rittenhouse

No he is a moron for not understanding proper gun safety and putting it on display for all to see.

The rights hero?

How about anyone who understands the importance of the community being allowed to defend itself?

It fascinates me that you make this a political issue. It is not. If Rittenhouse had not been there and done what he had done felons would have continued to terrorize a community.

Thankfully Rittenhouse was there and stopped a PEDO from blowing up a gas station and doing god knows what else.

No surprise that a 5 time pedo is the hero of the left.
edit on America/ChicagoSaturdayAmerica/Chicago11America/Chicago1130amSaturday9 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

link   

a reply to: elementalgrove

Binger is an absolute moron because he's the one prosecuting the Right's hero of the moment Kyle Rittenhouse , the indignation at his piece of courtroom theater is symptomatic of that not because he may have shot someone with an empty gun.

Nobody has ever been shot by an empty gun, but many many many people have been shot by guns mistakenly believed to be empty. That's the whole problem. A gun should ALWAYS be treated as if it's loaded. That's what will prevent people from getting accidentally shot.

link   
I've had firearms training ( a little)

don't draw unless you intend to aim
don't aim unless you intend to fire
don't fire unless you intend to kill

unless its a stupid movie/show, and even then you don't play with.

I can understand an ordinary schmuck on the street doing this, but not a legal professional / prosecutor.

stupid.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join