It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oregon school ends live classes over socialization issues and children fighting

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Nov, 18 2021 @ 03:14 PM
link   
It looks like our kids in Oregon have become a little feral while classes were being done over the internet. I don't think closing the schools to in-person learning again is going to solve the problem. The only way they will relearn socialization skills is through in-person learning.

“We are finding that some students are struggling with the socialization skills necessary for in-person learning, which is causing disruption in school for other students," the email continued.

Fights between students and other behavioral problems prompted the school to take action, district spokesman Steve Padilla confirmed.

“It’s not just fighting, ... It’s disruptive behaviors as well — students are disrupting other students, making it hard for them to learn," Padilla said. “We need to take care of this now, ... It’s urgent.”

Oregon schools ends live classes over socialization issues and children fighting

+1 more 
posted on Nov, 18 2021 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: tamusan

There's a couple of high schools in Michigan that are being totally shut down due to violence, unruliness, and teacher absences.

The covid-19 School safeguards in 2020/2021, spoiled a lot of people.

+1 more 
posted on Nov, 18 2021 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Almost seems like there was a plan behind the lockdown....
edit on b000000302021-11-18T15:19:02-06:0003America/ChicagoThu, 18 Nov 2021 15:19:02 -0600300000021 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2021 @ 03:25 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Nov, 18 2021 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Yes that makes total sense.

Send them back home into isolation, the very reason for this behavior.

Punish all other pupils and students by doing it.

Well done, reasonable logic.

posted on Nov, 18 2021 @ 03:29 PM
link   
And I guess "teachers" can't do a thing about it? You know, like when I was a kid? Borard across your ass, sent home, et. Oh yes we're all woke now and the little demonds can do as they wish. This country is on a time bomb, so if you wanted this woke crap, here you go, be scarred of kids...SMH

posted on Nov, 18 2021 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Assert dominance, start knocking heads.

Letting the children walk all over you doesn't solve anything, and we've proven it time and time again.

(post by boredhere74 removed for a manners violation)

posted on Nov, 18 2021 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: boredhere74

Perhaps I am wrong, but it seems the sarcasm flew right over your head there?

posted on Nov, 18 2021 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: boredhere74
a reply to: ThatDamnDuckAgain
Sorry if you really think that is the problem and not any consequences for bad behavior, you're a damn idiot and a major part of the problem

Totally uncalled for, your rudeness.

There should be consequences for bad behaviour but the isolation is part of the problem. Some of these kids have missed out on two years worth of interaction and may be working at a less evolved level than they should be for their ages. Why punish all the good kids?

Oh, yeah, that's what society does nowadays.

posted on Nov, 18 2021 @ 03:46 PM
link   
keep kids home from school for one year and treat them to daily dosages of Antifa, BLM, and a liberal Congress

and they will never be able to attend school again.

posted on Nov, 18 2021 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: igloo

Send the little buggers home until they *all* come back feral! That'll learn 'em.

posted on Nov, 18 2021 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Of course the main problem would be that if we sent home only the bad actors, they'd likely only get worse. And then you have a clear division in the classes.

So they send home everyone. It's collective thought at its ffinest.They will all be equal.
edit on 18-11-2021 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2021 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: igloo

Send the little buggers home until they *all* come back feral! That'll learn 'em.

Good idea. When feral enough, hopefully, they will all stand up against the system that imprisoned them at home.

posted on Nov, 18 2021 @ 04:03 PM
link   
As the wise man once said : So?

posted on Nov, 18 2021 @ 04:15 PM
link   

My wife is an elementary school teacher and says she's witnessed more fights, more aggression, frequent "F--- YOU" and similar comments from her K and 1st-grade students, more of all this than ever. Also anecdotally the parents seem to becoming more unhinged (going on social media to lambast teachers and administrators even when their child is the one disrupting others).

They usually have roughly 20 subs on contract for the year, this year it's 5 or so. The whole school staff is utterly overwhelmed (with an incompetent new principal and behavioral support staff).

I know parenting has to be one of the toughest jobs in the world (I have none of my own but I put my parents through hell & back). It is also clear these children have gone through trauma and are lashing out accordingly. Yesterday, a 1st grader jumped up on the counter and dumped an entire bucket of marbles onto the ground, told the 'support' person to kill themself all in front of the other students... and the behavioral person didn't even make them apologize, clean it up or anything and no lessons were learned (except for the other students who probably saw that bad behavior can go unpunished).

This is going to get worse and worse before ANYTHING gets better, at least here in our districts.

edit on 18-11-2021 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2021 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

Its going to get likely worse as the system and our polticans push the children/youth to get vaccinated and make them also show their vaccine passports.

posted on Nov, 18 2021 @ 04:29 PM
link   
The schools in the area we live in are absolutely dreadful. My child has always gone to online charter school, and will continue to do that. From the sports and athletics clubs the kiddo attends, I have noticed appalling behavior from a lot of the children over the last year. There is no excuse for it. Other homeschooled kids are some of the best and most well adjusted children I know.

posted on Nov, 18 2021 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Translation: Teachers got use too the ease of their jobs during lockdown. Only having to hand out assignments and let the children's parents do the teaching.

Now that everyone is back at school they can't phone it in any more and its now "to hard" to teach.

posted on Nov, 18 2021 @ 04:36 PM
link   

The unfortunate reality is starting to settle in, social media and non - in - person interaction has caused this rift within society and certain communities within it.

Look at any 'free speech' platform on the internet and you'll be berated by all sorts of opinions and miss-behaviors, insults and smug praises. A person can call someone else anything they want, ignore an opinion, or speak ill or even wish death on someone from behind a screen and they can get away with it, like nothing happened, ghost the platform the person, the group, etc. and live a 'normal life'.
People who engage in such behavior no longer see the pain and anguish or discomfort of human facial expressions and body language right infront of them anymore, no longer feel the repulsed discomfort of a crowed if they act in such a way anymore. Human emotion has taken a back seat it seems when it comes to internet qualms.

Children during this pandemic were forced to live behind a screen, they are being raised to feel isolated and without human interaction outside their family bubble, this was bound to happen, and if it continues, it will only get worse, these kids need to be put in schools and let them hash out their differences, and let the teachers become the authority, alongside the parents.

Is this happening everywhere tho? Not at all, my nieces are all in school having a great time, and even doing extra curricular activities. These negative situations might be an isolated instance, hopefully.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join