It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oregon school ends live classes over socialization issues and children fighting

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2021 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy
True.

Since you did not address anything more in the post other than my anekdotal experience, I think we agree on this. Teachers absolutely have a duty to step in, when the parental teached values are starting to be ground down.

Would you say that a teacher is supposed to ignore all social shortcomings and say nothing, just write some text on the chalkboard and then leave the second the bell rings?

The teachers gave up when the send home everyone. They could have kept the "normal" ones and integrate one by one of the troublemakers. Instead they sent them all home.

posted on Nov, 18 2021 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: ThatDamnDuckAgain

I think we agree, but there is a certain expectation that chioldren, when entering the school, aren't to act like moronic savages.

posted on Nov, 18 2021 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: tamusan

We've seen some incidents here in Alaska, too.
www.alaskasnewssource.com...

Multiple teachers and personnel from our schools have also been complaining about viral Tik Tok vandalism and outrageous behavior in the classrooms lately as well.

I think the "lack of socialization" excuse is total bull# myself. My kids have been fully homeschooled for the past 4 years now and they can spend a day in a public setting without behaving like savages, getting into brawls, vandalizing the furnishings, or otherwise acting like animals just fine.

posted on Nov, 18 2021 @ 07:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: ThatDamnDuckAgain

I think we agree, but there is a certain expectation that chioldren, when entering the school, aren't to act like moronic savages.

Fairview is part of Portland, ya? Middle school kids are 12-14 year olds... meaning these kids just spent much of the past 15 months watching mommy and daddy, auntie and uncle, and/or big bro and big sis behaving like savages in downtown Portland, tearing # up and generally acting like animals... kids learn by observing their elders, so it probably isn't that surprising that school children in Portland are currently just a frog's hair above going full blown anarchist cannibal.

posted on Nov, 18 2021 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Savages raising savages.

But they have a small carbon footprint and recycle, so it's cool.

posted on Nov, 18 2021 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: igloo

Not rude just a fact. Ok so they have been taken out of school for 2 years...umm maybe parents could help with that? But no, can't discipline those little angels. But nothing you sai changed anything I did. So if were up to you just let them run wild because" they were so out of touch"? Please. And how is it "all of the good kids" being punished if the bad apples are? And yes with your thinking like that you are part of the problem.

posted on Nov, 18 2021 @ 09:18 PM
link   
In a sense this is also a problem created when we let our brave, frontline teachers lead from behind by teaching from home instead of getting their butts back in the classroom.

posted on Nov, 18 2021 @ 09:19 PM
link   
a reply to: boredhere74

In every class, there are kids who will be behaving properly in spite of the rest. By taking them all out, you are punishing the ones who were doing the right thing all along by restricting their learning environment too.

Leave them in class and remove the disruptive and you have a good situation, but send them all home, and you increase the chance that even more come back with eroded skills.

posted on Nov, 19 2021 @ 04:12 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Completely agree.

posted on Nov, 19 2021 @ 04:17 AM
link   
a reply to: lordcomac

You win the interwebs for today!!!!

Kid vs Adults should not be a contest, adults every time. Unless the adults are too stupid to do what they're supposed to do.

It's not a hard thing to do, although for some, apparently, it is.

posted on Nov, 19 2021 @ 07:02 AM
link   
a reply to: seagull

It becomes a hard thing when adults don't discipline and won't let anyone else do it either.

posted on Nov, 19 2021 @ 07:17 AM
link   
a reply to: tamusan

I don't believe them. This email was written in a way that informs parents, not responds to parents. As if the parents have no idea what monsters their kids have become, or other kids have become, and need to be informed by the school. It wasn't parents complaining to the school and demanding something be done. This isn't responding to a particular incident... just vague weasel words about bad behavior.

And what good is it to close for three weeks? What can they possibly do to improve children's behavior by closing for three weeks and sending the children home?

Teachers didn't want schools to open to begin with. I'm more inclined to think this is an excuse to shut down schools again.

posted on Nov, 19 2021 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: dandandat2

Translation: Teachers got use too the ease of their jobs during lockdown. Only having to hand out assignments and let the children's parents do the teaching. Now that everyone is back at school they can't phone it in any more and its now "to hard" to teach.

i hate to tell you but every teacher i know, and through them, other teachers, were all grateful to get back or are looking forward to teaching live again. their jobs were nowhere even close to easy "teaching online". especially since most received no training at all to teach online. no training on how to get through to, and to keep the attention of kids that are not just out of your control other than verbally, from a distance, but also in environments just filled with more exciting distractions. expected to use computer programs most had never even seen before, with no training. no real tech support to help them deal with computer issues. just left to fend for themselves, constantly calling on friends who might know for help. having to provide their own computers and internet. in many cases while also trying to deal with their own kids at the same time, including trying to deal with their issues with the programs and computers, while they were "in class". as well as dealing them when they were not "in class".

in fact most teachers still haven't recovered from all that stress put on them by online learning. with both parents and students calling them all hours of the day and night, far beyond "school hours". dealing with things like students submitting assignments using completely incompatible Apple proprietary software continually, which the teacher can't access. then students and parents getting pissed off that the teacher doesn't have an Apple computer to do so, and pissed off that said assignments having to be completely redone (and repeat the whole time, with the same parents and students again and again insisting on using Apple software). seriously teachers wanted to go back to in person teaching badly, as soon as safe to do so. far less work and stress involved.

posted on Nov, 19 2021 @ 08:10 AM
link   
this issue has been caused by bad parenting. the solution is to send those problem kids home so that those who are not causing the problems can learn. followed up by CPS investigations into the family situation so that such behavior can be dealt with at the level it is being caused at, ie the parents.

posted on Nov, 19 2021 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Simple just put all the kids with bad behaviors in their own special ed class with a teacher, counselor and a security guard all present till they get these kids back to normal behavior.

posted on Nov, 19 2021 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Send them Joe. He will get them sorted out inside of a week. Two weeks tops. They will be docile and complicit after that. Any outbursts can be handle by asking if they want to visit Joe again.

posted on Nov, 19 2021 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

Are you suggesting that Joe would sniff out the problems the school children are experiencing?

posted on Nov, 19 2021 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: lordcomac

Make Dads great again?

posted on Nov, 19 2021 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Sniff or snuff. Joe is a wildcard.

posted on Nov, 20 2021 @ 12:48 AM
link   

edit on 11/20/2021 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join