It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Companies using Non Vaccination as an excuse to get rid of workers

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2021 @ 09:15 AM
link   
From what I’ve heard for several companies, if you are required to vax and you don’t and they let go of you, you don’t get severance. You also most likely will not get unemployment. It is very easy for that company to wash their hands of you, because it was your Choice…

Does it not seem weird to you that all these places that are screaming that “nobody wants to work” are getting RID of workers?
Something is amiss. Does it not seem WEIRD that some of these same place are HIRING contract/temp workers that aren’t Vaccinated.
Yes this is happening.

Have you seen stories of people that have applied to 60+ places and are only getting one or two interviews? You know when they say sometimes thing are not as they appear, I think we are living it.

So I ask you, what is really going on?

posted on Nov, 5 2021 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
Have you seen stories of people that have applied to 60+ places and are only getting one or two interviews? You know when they say sometimes thing are not as they appear, I think we are living it.

My team is hiring and has been hiring, there aren't enough people with the skill set we need in the industry. This is a job seekers market and people need to leverage their value. If you're doing 60+ interviews and not getting a job than you're a potato.

posted on Nov, 5 2021 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

LOL.

Am seeing the same. Wage/salary demands are going through the roof as well!
edit on 5-11-2021 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2021 @ 09:23 AM
link   

We can't afford to get rid of anybody. Hell we're hiring. Biggest hindrance to hiring is that only about 25% pass the drug test. (Federal OSHA, you know the "jab" Nazis not us) We have some dangerous work areas (high voltage, high amperage).

We also have some out with COVID (nobody seriously ill). I'm wearing two hats (Design Engineer and Production Engineer) because of it, but, only one paycheck.

edit on 5-11-2021 by JIMC5499 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2021 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

I would say most of the places screaming "no one wants to work" are places paying minimum wage for service work. No one does want to do those jobs. Most skilled jobs can wait a little longer for a new hire because the services they provide aren't grab and go. And most of those service jobs don't require workers to be vaccinated. None of it makes sense.

posted on Nov, 5 2021 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: MDDoxs
Am seeing the same. Wage/salary demands are going through the roof as well!

Exactly.

I just opened a req this week for an entry level sales role and the base is $80k per year.

posted on Nov, 5 2021 @ 09:26 AM
link   
A lot of the people who won't get vaccinated are intelligent people who are an asset to the company. So although some employers will use this excuse to get rid of some of the ones who are not that good, just as many good employees will be lost.

Now remember, getting your employees down below a hundred will make it so you do not have to mess with this, and there are lots of companies with a little over a hundred employees. If I was still building houses and had over a hundred employees, I would have layed off some and downsized to under a hundred people. Hiring replacements will only keep you in that regulation which is just another pain in the arse regulation to stress out your employees and make your life miserable.

posted on Nov, 5 2021 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: JIMC5499

You should be exploring options unless you are well paid and love your job.

posted on Nov, 5 2021 @ 09:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

My team is hiring and has been hiring, there aren't enough people with the skill set we need in the industry. This is a job seekers market and people need to leverage their value. If you're doing 60+ interviews and not getting a job than you're a potato.

Not offering signing bonuses?

posted on Nov, 5 2021 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

Right now if a person has some common sense, is willing to work and can pass a Drug test, we'd hire and train them. Starting at about $17 per hour. WE CAN'T FIND THEM.

You have a lot of people who have found out just how little they need to live and just work enough to make that. We've lost people when they found out how much Day Care was taking out of their pockets. The work from home bit has helped. Most people's production went up working from home. We may never get some of them back in the office.

posted on Nov, 5 2021 @ 09:30 AM
link   

That was my reaction when I first heard about it. Then I heard about it again, then with people I knew. Then neighbors, etc. These people aren’t potatoes… They also aren’t asking for jobs above their skills/experience either.

posted on Nov, 5 2021 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
Not offering signing bonuses?

No, just obscene base salaries and close to 4 weeks PTO.

posted on Nov, 5 2021 @ 09:32 AM
link   

60+ interviews and no job in this job market = potato.

posted on Nov, 5 2021 @ 09:33 AM
link   
LANL is hiring like crazy, we cant get people.
a reply to: Atsbhct

posted on Nov, 5 2021 @ 09:34 AM
link   

That was my reaction when I first heard about it. Then I heard about it again, then with people I knew. Then neighbors, etc. These people aren’t potatoes… They also aren’t asking for jobs above their skills/experience either.

Right now companies are willing to train you for jobs above your experience and help develop those skills. I teach blueprint and schematic reading for two, two hour classes per week for new employees. Usually I'm on overtime for that and so are my students. Day shift stays two paid hours after their shift and evening shift comes in two paid hours early. They overlap.

posted on Nov, 5 2021 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: JIMC5499

We can't afford to get rid of anybody. Hell we're hiring. Biggest hindrance to hiring is that only about 25% pass the drug test. (Federal OSHA, you know the "jab" Nazis not us) We have some dangerous work areas (high voltage, high amperage).

We also have some out with COVID (nobody seriously ill). I'm wearing two hats (Design Engineer and Production Engineer) because of it, but, only one paycheck.

That’s exactly what they want you to do, do the work of 2 or three people.
I learned that you don’t want to do your job too well or you will - be stuck in that position because nobody can do it as good as you, - they will expect you to burn yourself out while others are barely doing basics and still getting the same benefits as you.

posted on Nov, 5 2021 @ 09:37 AM
link   
www.seattletimes.com...

For all the stories of people quitting jobs and finding better ones during “The Great Resignation,” many more workers are struggling to recover after layoffs or escape miserable workplaces. Yet millions of jobs are going unfilled. You may have seen the story about a Florida man named Joey Holz who claims to have submitted 60 job applications for entry-level positions with supposedly desperate employers, then secured only one interview — for lower pay and fewer hours than what had been advertised. That experiment aligns with the experiences of many of my readers.

posted on Nov, 5 2021 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Read my post above yours. Little timing issue there.

April 2018 we hired a high school student to be my Drafter. He went permanent as soon as he graduated. We have a program with a local University's Engineering program. He started that August 2018. They just promoted him to Production Engineering as a Junior Engineer.

That doesn't sound like what you've said to me. I've seen other places doing it as well. Stop listen to Union whining. Yes I've heard the exact same thing verbatim from Unions.

Where I'm at, I'm as far as I am going to go. I don't want management. I have room for professional and financial growth and am content. I'm also in R&D and get to play with all of the new technology. Raspberry PI computers and fiber-optic multiplexors are fun!
edit on 5-11-2021 by JIMC5499 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2021 @ 09:45 AM
link   

I know of several companies that are not firing people for showing up drunk.

posted on Nov, 5 2021 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: JIMC5499

That doesn't sound like what you've said to me. I've seen other places doing it as well. Stop listen to Union whining. Yes I've heard the exact same thing verbatim from Unions.

I’m not referring to union issues and their wanting complete power over, basically everything. That is a separate issue.

Yes yes, I believe that for certain jobs there are companies bending over backwards to find people.

I also believe there is something bigger happening, something weird.

Stories are just coming out now, and as I mentioned I’m hearing about it locally too.

www.vox.com...

Patrick Healy says he did everything right in his job search. After being laid off as a designer early on in the pandemic, Healy, 36, tried his hand at a couple of entrepreneurial ventures before looking for a new full-time position at the start of 2021. He estimates he applied for hundreds of positions, relying on nearly a dozen jobs boards, researching potential employers, and writing personalized cover letters to accompany his résumé. For the most part, he heard nothing back, regardless of how qualified he was.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join