It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Companies using Non Vaccination as an excuse to get rid of workers

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2021 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

I thought the same thing, but i'm hearing otherwise first hand. Something isn't right.

Yes! I agree totally.

Admit it, people. Something really is going on.

posted on Nov, 5 2021 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: TrulyColorBlind

Continually repeating your mantra isn't going to make it true, Mr. Potato Head.

I think it's easy for some to just say it's the workers, or work ethic. It's really scary to think that these things are being
orchestrated at a higher level.

It's easy to say in "my town", and not to look at the same experiences being shared across the country.

As with a lot of things going on the US right now, things are not as they appear and we might not know why for a long time.

I think as a collective we can all say now that 9/11 was not what it appeared to be. Some day we will be saying the same about Covid, the job market and the US as a whole.

posted on Nov, 5 2021 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

It's easy to say in "my town", and not to look at the same experiences being shared across the country.

That is a very good point. I see so many seemingly intelligent people on ATS totally ignoring that the world outside their local experience could be different in any way. Because their area is doing good, that must mean every other area is behaving the same. That's not very intelligent.

posted on Nov, 5 2021 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
I dunno, maybe it's just good where you're at?

This is for the NA team, you can be anywhere in the US or that other fake country north of us, it's all remote or travel.

posted on Nov, 5 2021 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrulyColorBlind
Continually repeating your mantra isn't going to make it true, Mr. Potato Head.

Wow, sick burn Francis. Maybe you look up to people who interview 60+ times and can't find a job, but I don't admire behavior that's basically the definition of insanity.

edit on 5-11-2021 by AugustusMasonicus because: Cooking spirits since 2007

posted on Nov, 5 2021 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hypntick
a reply to: Nyiah

Depending on the field of employment, it doesn't matter where you live as long as you have reliable internet service. I live in BFE SC and work for a company based in CA, the company before that was based in VA, and before that was based in the UK. I realize not everyone has the skill set to do these types of jobs, however more and more "traditional" organizations are willing to go remote for the right folks. For some it may be the right time to change career paths because their previous has become a dead end.

That's really more of a cop-out explanation than anything anymore.

The industries are becoming inundated, EVERYONE is now a one-trick tech pony that is a dime a dozen & easily replaced. Also easy to under-pay due to that oversatch.

To back that up, we've got someone right here working in graphic design stating it's flooded -- JUST like IT started out when it became the cash cow that bombed after the late 90's oversaturation. Learn to code indeed, I suppose?

Work from home/telecommuting will not become standard practice when wages are depressed from people flooding in to...work from home and expect to make ends meet (and that's not even touching on inflation being a driving WHY force)
edit on 11/5/2021 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2021 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Except companies are also requiring remote workers to vax up. How is that even logical?

posted on Nov, 5 2021 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
Except companies are also requiring remote workers to vax up. How is that even logical?

Oh well, go on unemployment then. Or get a job a Mickey D's. No one said you're entitled to a job, let alone a well paying one.

edit on 5-11-2021 by AugustusMasonicus because: Cooking spirits since 2007

posted on Nov, 5 2021 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Middleoftheroad

I meant it as a compliment.

posted on Nov, 5 2021 @ 02:21 PM
link   

So if a person, who works remotely, does not want to vax up they should go on unemployment? This is not about entitlement. It is about government overreach.

It is creating a recession. You are ok with that as long as it does not affect your job?

posted on Nov, 5 2021 @ 02:23 PM
link   

To back that up, we've got someone right here working in advertising stating it's flooded -- JUST like IT started out when it became the cash cow that bombed after the late 90's oversaturation. Learn to code indeed, I suppose?

If you are referring to me, I don't work in it anymore. I said the Graphic Design field is flooded.

link   

So if a person, who works remotely, does not want to vax up they should go on unemployment?

Frankly I don't GAF what they do, that's their decision, not mine.

link   

originally posted by: JIMC5499

To back that up, we've got someone right here working in advertising stating it's flooded -- JUST like IT started out when it became the cash cow that bombed after the late 90's oversaturation. Learn to code indeed, I suppose?

If you are referring to me, I don't work in it anymore. I said the Graphic Design field is flooded.

Sorry, I know you went from one to the other, I just got them backward, I'll go fix that!

posted on Nov, 5 2021 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Biden's mandate requires it. It makes no allowances for people working from home. If you are an employee, you have to get vaccinated. I don't look for this to stand up in Court.

posted on Nov, 5 2021 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: JIMC5499
Biden's mandate requires it.

It's only government contractors now so if a company is requiring it that's a private initiative.

posted on Nov, 5 2021 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Don't worry about it. I pay attention to my field Nationally. Part of my job is to FIND some people to fill our spots. I'm on a few Engineering and CAD Software forums. Besides, if I find someone and we hire them I get $1000.

posted on Nov, 5 2021 @ 02:41 PM
link   

So you are ok the government has the ability to dictate your decisions? I see. So when it happens to you then it is a big deal but F everyone else. That is the mindset that has led to this # happening.

Right on man....

posted on Nov, 5 2021 @ 02:55 PM
link   

So you are ok the government has the ability to dictate your decisions?

I don't work for the government or a government contractor, the government has dictated nothing to me.

posted on Nov, 5 2021 @ 03:58 PM
link   

It doesn't bother me. I've had the shots. My choice, my decision. Just got the booster Tuesday. I'm not getting any more.

posted on Nov, 5 2021 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

My takeway is that companies are actually struggling to find people as so many have simply dropped out, or are looking for alternatives to the daily grind like starting their own business. Particularly in retail and food services, because people are fed up with the low wages and constant barrage of Karens.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join