It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Companies using Non Vaccination as an excuse to get rid of workers

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2021 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Ok. Sorry about the Union bit. As I said I've heard it from every Union guy I've ever met.

I read the Vox article. It doesn't mention what kind of "Designer" he is. Right now there is a glut of Graphic Designers. Advertising isn't what it used to be. That's the reason I'm where I'm at now. Another thing is that many Graphic Designers went freelance during COVID. What this means is that a Company no longer needs to keep Designers on staff when they can just place jobs out for bid. By doing that they find a few good ones and just send their business to them. Right now manufacturing and the trades are where the good money is. The problem is that for years our schools have taught that if you work at those types of jobs you are a failure. Vox is usually trying to push an agenda and they are doing it here.

posted on Nov, 5 2021 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Those are all the trash minimum wage jobs which, if you interview for and you're fine with the wages, you can get yesterday.

Either that or it's someone with the wrong skillset applying for a position they are not qualified for.

posted on Nov, 5 2021 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Yeah. Those with "Gender Studies" or "Romance Language" degrees.

posted on Nov, 5 2021 @ 10:23 AM
link   

It is very possible that they are using this as an excuse to cripple smaller businesses. Lets face it the economy is tanked and they are using many different excuses on why business are forced to close.

there will be more to come very soon I'm sure.

posted on Nov, 5 2021 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Those are all the trash minimum wage jobs which, if you interview for and you're fine with the wages, you can get yesterday.

Either that or it's someone with the wrong skillset applying for a position they are not qualified for.

This is to both you & JIMC5499

Take your pick, it is happening in every industry! Thats what I'm saying, something is going on.
From my earlier link

Carol, a Dallas corporate communications manager, kept detailed records after her layoff in March 2020. (Carol is identified by first name only to avoid discouraging potential employers.) Out of 240 résumés sent and networking contacts made, 17 of those overtures resulted in interviews, according to Carol’s count. One employer, after five interviews, said an offer letter was forthcoming. After two weeks with no offer, Carol said, she learned the employer had decided not to fill the position.

Here's another
www.newsnationnow.com...

Joey Holz, who’s happily employed, said he applied for 60 jobs and only one turned into a real opportunity.

“I went out to prove that people are putting in applications and they’re not getting responses,” Holz said on NewsNation’s “The Donlon Report.”
Those 60 applications yielded 16 total responses, but only four of them showed any interest in moving forward.

The jobs he applied for paid a maximum of $12 per hour, Holz told NewsNation. Most of them were for restaurants, construction and data entry positions.

edit on 5-11-2021 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2021 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Nirishman

The economy is NOT "tanked". That's the excuse that is being hyped by the media to justify what the Democrats want to do. If Biden would change a few key things, this would all be gone in a month. THEY DON'T WANT TO. Does anybody remember in 2020 when Biden was asked a question and he replied "They'd kill me if I answered that."? Think about it. What if he WASN'T kidding?

posted on Nov, 5 2021 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Send those skilled workers to me. I promise that we use the don’t ask, don’t tell philosophy about the jab. F Biden

posted on Nov, 5 2021 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: JIMC5499
a reply to: Nirishman

The economy is NOT "tanked". That's the excuse that is being hyped by the media to justify what the Democrats want to do. If Biden would change a few key things, this would all be gone in a month. THEY DON'T WANT TO. Does anybody remember in 2020 when Biden was asked a question and he replied "They'd kill me if I answered that."? Think about it. What if he WASN'T kidding?

What do you think those things would be?

My guess, get rid of mandates?
What else?
I still think the economy has been kicked in the balls real hard!

posted on Nov, 5 2021 @ 10:36 AM
link   
My place of work just gave everyone in the company, globally, $2000 for pretty much whatever they want. You buy the item and you get reimbursed for it. Massive list of items that are covered along with some obvious ones that are not. In fact they've made it so if you want to pay your student loans with it, you can. This is at a Fortune 500 that's on track to be in the Fortune 50 in a couple of years time. When I joined in June I was given 50k in RSUs, which is now up to 70k just because of company performance.

The only vaccine mandates they are requiring are for those who go into the office. No one is required to go in to the office or travel, it is up to the individual. Leadership has been asked about the upcoming regulations change on vaccinations, they've said that their position is still the same, if you want to come to the office you must have a vaccine or exemption, otherwise you can work remotely as much as you want.

We are hiring left and right at all levels right now, in fact we just graduated our class of associates last month, which adds another 50 people to the team. I've got enough work that if I wanted to do 80 hour weeks I could, I just choose to do my 40 and call it a week as I get paid the same either way. When you sign on you get a bonus (depending on skill set and a few other factors), a chunk of RSUs (depending on your level), a ton of company swag, some of the best benefits packages I've seen, unlimited PTO (I know this can be a bit of a scam, but they seem to mean it here), and a very decent salary (I know from senior consultant on up you're over 100k).

I can imagine some places using this as an excuse to get rid of certain people, however most states are at will employment, it's not terribly hard to build a case to let someone go if you really want them gone.

posted on Nov, 5 2021 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Outliers and probably more to each of those stories. If you have a valuable skill set you can get a new job within a very short time.

posted on Nov, 5 2021 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Hypntick

I can imagine some places using this as an excuse to get rid of certain people, however most states are at will employment, it's not terribly hard to build a case to let someone go if you really want them gone.

You can let people go in most states but it also usually involves a severace package. Being let go for failure to vaccinate usually does not.

Also you can let people go, but there are so many that scream discrimination a lot of it is looked over by legal. Now vax status is an easy out to cut some fat.

posted on Nov, 5 2021 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
I still think the economy has been kicked in the balls real hard!

I'm in complete agreement with that statement.

I'd restart that pipeline.
I'd get us back energy independence.
I'd restore tariffs. (Nobody seems to remember how the Steelworkers Union was begging Obama for tariffs) (Originally the Federal Government was supposed to be funded solely by tariffs.)
I'd dump the COVID vaccine mandate.
That's be a start.

posted on Nov, 5 2021 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: JIMC5499
I'd get us back energy independence.

We are energy independent, we export more than we import when it comes to electricity generation.

posted on Nov, 5 2021 @ 10:52 AM
link   

You can let people go in most states but it also usually involves a severace package.

Which States require a severance package? I've been let go at a moment's notice and got nothing. As a matter of fact I was let go the day before I would have been fully vested in the Company Pension Plan. Me and seven others. That cost me $60,000 in deferred bonuses to buy into.

posted on Nov, 5 2021 @ 10:59 AM
link   

You can let people go in most states but it also usually involves a severace package.

You're lucky if you get a severance package, it's not mandatory.

posted on Nov, 5 2021 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: JIMC5499

Which States require a severance package? I've been let go at a moment's notice and got nothing. As a matter of fact I was let go the day before I would have been fully vested in the Company Pension Plan. Me and seven others. That cost me $60,000 in deferred bonuses to buy into.

It's not required in most cases, BUT most companies (talking most bigger companies) do it so employees won't sue. It is very common.

In your case, I think you would have had one heck of a good age discrimination case if you were at least 50 years old.

Some employers choose to offer severance pay to employees who are terminated, either involuntarily or voluntarily. The primary reasons for offering a severance package are to soften the blow of an involuntary termination and to avoid future lawsuits by having the employee sign a release in exchange for the severance.

www.shrm.org...

BTW. I'm not a litigious person, but thinking back now, in my ealier days there was a time I should have sued the pants off of my company.
I was too busy with work, kids, homelife that I didn't have the energy. I made the wrong decision. They screwed me over and I would have won 10000% had I sued. Wisdom comes with age, and sometimes a little regret!

posted on Nov, 5 2021 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Well, yes. They're getting rid of old employees who won't retire and those earning the most. Been that way since forever, so why would it be different now. Younger vaxxed people are stoked that boomers are gonna be forced out of their positions because they'll finally have an opportunity to move up. Don't really blame them.

posted on Nov, 5 2021 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Have you seen stories of people that have applied to 60+ places and are only getting one or two interviews? You know when they say sometimes thing are not as they appear, I think we are living it.

My team is hiring and has been hiring, there aren't enough people with the skill set we need in the industry. This is a job seekers market and people need to leverage their value. If you're doing 60+ interviews and not getting a job than you're a potato.

I dunno, maybe it's just good where you're at? Here in MI, it took one of my kids' friends' dads over 2 months to get in anywhere better than his prior, and at that point, was just beat down & disgruntled enough to say # it and take the call-back offer instead of trying the Hiring Game again.

I used to think it was people just being lazy stereotypical American fat-asses wanting more dole money. But after that, watching him & others struggle to get hired somewhere for months....something's not stacking up here, and it's not people refusing to work. At least not in W MI.

NJ isn't the only state in the country -- you, TAT and DB keep burying things in them, you know a job market's offerings in somewhere like BFE Idaho isn't going to be anything close to what's offered somewhere else clear across the country

posted on Nov, 5 2021 @ 11:15 AM
link   

I wasn't 50 (42). It wasn't age. If I had paid directly into the Plan instead of deferring bonuses I would have had a claim to that money. (lesson learned) I kind of took it as a wash because they paid for my Engineering Degree, also I've made it back since then reverse engineering units that I originally designed that they don't support anymore. When I was let go there, that's how I got into the advertising business.

posted on Nov, 5 2021 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

I used to think it was people just being lazy stereotypical American fat-asses wanting more dole money. But after that, watching him & others struggle to get hired somewhere for months....something's not stacking up here, and it's not people refusing to work. At least not in W MI.

BINGO!
I thought the same thing, but i'm hearing otherwise first hand. Something isn't right.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join