It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How a Russian submarine surfaced near the Statue of Liberty

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2021 @ 09:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
a reply to: RussianTroll
The newspaper headlines I remember were pre-internet.

Time passes, the world changes, but Russian submarines off the coast of Sweden are eternal))))

posted on Nov, 2 2021 @ 09:44 AM
link   

The Soviet Navy would later issue a conflicting statement claiming that the boat had been forced into Swedish waters due to severe distress, although the boat had never sent a distress signal, and instead attempted to escape.

The Swedes were determined to continue investigating the circumstances of the situation. The Soviet captain, after a guarantee of his immunity, was taken off the boat and interrogated in the presence of Soviet representatives. Additionally, Swedish naval officers examined the logbooks and instruments of the submarine.

Daammnn. The Soviets got embarrassed by the Swedes over that one. Bad on Soviet boat S-363!

www.emmitsburg.net...

Cheers

posted on Nov, 2 2021 @ 09:45 AM
link   
I remember Russians invading Nantucket Island when I a kid.
Ran the Sub right up on the beach,they made a movie about it and all.

posted on Nov, 2 2021 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: F2d5thCavv2

The Soviet Navy would later issue a conflicting statement claiming that the boat had been forced into Swedish waters due to severe distress, although the boat had never sent a distress signal, and instead attempted to escape.

The Swedes were determined to continue investigating the circumstances of the situation. The Soviet captain, after a guarantee of his immunity, was taken off the boat and interrogated in the presence of Soviet representatives. Additionally, Swedish naval officers examined the logbooks and instruments of the submarine.

Daammnn. The Soviets got embarrassed by the Swedes over that one. Bad on Soviet boat S-363!

www.emmitsburg.net...

Cheers

There were many similar cases during the Cold War from all sides.
I will give a more vivid example - the Russian supersonic fighter MiG-23 in 1989 without a pilot flew half of Europe and fell on a residential building in Belgium. If you haven't heard, I'm ready to post a thread tomorrow. Moreover, there were no fewer such cases on the part of NATO in relation to the USSR and Russia.
Now there is no need to invade territorial waters and airspace for the sake of reconnaissance and removal of information from combat systems. Everything can be done at a distance. For example, the electronic warfare system "Murmansk". NATO also has such systems.

posted on Nov, 2 2021 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: PiratesCut

I remember Russians invading Nantucket Island when I a kid.
Ran the Sub right up on the beach,they made a movie about it and all.

I remember how an American U-2 reconnaissance plane was shot down over the Urals, as well as a ram of an American destroyer by a Russian ship a few kilometers from Sevastopol. I also remember how the Americans shot down Russian civilian planes in the Far East, even with officers of the General Staff. and then apologized.
We remember everything, another question, do we need it now?

posted on Nov, 2 2021 @ 10:04 AM
link   
It’s all a a waste.
This movie was funny though.

The Russians are coming the Russians are coming 1966

www.imdb.com...

posted on Nov, 2 2021 @ 10:08 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 2 2021 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: onoloufo

You recalled how the USSR collapsed after such incidents. After that, many generals resigned in protest against the actions of the Nobel Peace Prize laureate, the last General Secretary of the Central Committee of the CPSU, the first and last president of the USSR, a traitor on whose hands the blood of millions of Russian people, the puppet of the West Mikhail Gorbachev, who forbade to force people to land or shoot down Mathis Rust.
Apparently, Margaret Thatcher's love for Gorbachev became fatal. Did you know about their love relationship?

posted on Nov, 2 2021 @ 10:25 AM
link   
The only thing that comes up about this on google is this thread. You'd think if a Russian nuclear sub surface next to the statue of Libery and struck fear into the entire US, it would have made the news.

posted on Nov, 2 2021 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: caterpillage
The only thing that comes up about this on google is this thread. You'd think if a Russian nuclear sub surface next to the statue of Libery and struck fear into the entire US, it would have made the news.

This is the difference between Google in English and Russian. If you translate the request into Russian and drive it into Russian Google, the same Google will give you a million links))))
Maybe Google is hiding something from you?))))

posted on Nov, 2 2021 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Could be, I would think it to be pretty hard to hide that type of news though, especially as the incident was said to cause fear across the US, in order to do that, the news would have to be spread across the country.

posted on Nov, 2 2021 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Perhaps this story is of the same source type as the story of when Donald Trump defeated Vladimir Putin in an arm wrestling match? That made all the news sites over here. It was a glorious day!

posted on Nov, 2 2021 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Could be, I would think it to be pretty hard to hide that type of news though, especially as the incident was said to cause fear across the US, in order to do that, the news would have to be spread across the country.

Oh, international information corporations hide a lot from us. Both from you and from us. They take advantage of the difference in algorithms in different language sectors. I came across this phenomenon a long time ago, my activity is related to the search for information. Therefore, I search for information in the Russian sector in Yandex search, and information in the English-speaking sector in Google search. Works great)))) I give an idea))))

posted on Nov, 2 2021 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Well that settles that !a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

posted on Nov, 2 2021 @ 10:44 AM
link   

I also remember how the Americans shot down Russian civilian planes in the Far East, even with officers of the General Staff. and then apologized.

Do tell. I don't remember that. Confusing it with the Soviet shoot-down of the Korean airliner?

Cheers

posted on Nov, 2 2021 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: RussianTroll

Oh, international information corporations hide a lot from us. Both from you and from us. They take advantage of the difference in algorithms in different language sectors. I came across this phenomenon a long time ago, my activity is related to the search for information. Therefore, I search for information in the Russian sector in Yandex search, and information in the English-speaking sector in Google search. Works great)))) I give an idea))))

You have the advantage there, I cant read any Russian, so I cant do much there lol.

I do however enjoy a good vodka, so I have that going for me. Which is nice.

posted on Nov, 2 2021 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: F2d5thCavv2

I also remember how the Americans shot down Russian civilian planes in the Far East, even with officers of the General Staff. and then apologized.

Do tell. I don't remember that. Confusing it with the Soviet shoot-down of the Korean airliner?

Cheers

I've already promised you so many threads that I'm afraid to do even more))) Work. I don't have enough time, problems with my dog .... I can use the MiG even tomorrow. information is ready. for everything else - I need to work and find the correct information. In time I will do it, I promise))))

posted on Nov, 2 2021 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: RussianTroll

You have the advantage there, I cant read any Russian, so I cant do much there lol.

I do however enjoy a good vodka, so I have that going for me. Which is nice.

I have no advantage over you. I know English within the school curriculum, even less. I work through online translators. Incoming messages are translated to me by the Yandex-translator built into my Yandex browser. I answer via Google translator. I translate scientific texts through the Promto-translator. You can do the same, just the opposite. Just. probably laziness or snobbery prevent this))))))

posted on Nov, 2 2021 @ 11:03 AM
link   

That's cool. I just honestly don't recall any shootdowns of Soviet civilian aircraft by the U.S. military. There were military incidents to be sure.

From what I know, the last time the U.S. shot down an aircraft carrying flag rank officers of another country, it was over the Solomon Islands in 1943 (killing of Admiral Yamamoto). Of course, there was a little thing called the "Second World War" underway at the time

Cheers

posted on Nov, 2 2021 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
The African piracy thing could be stopped in its tracks really easily!

After they round up the pirates on a given boat, just take one pirate at a time and cut their leg and toss them off the back of the boat, like "chum" in the water. Let the sharks eat them...one by one.

All those pirates will find another line of work in short order!

Something tells me they won't be standing in any assembly line jobs :/

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join